Lets talk about the lag...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Juke Ninja #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24457 battles

Yes it has been reduced from the stuttering mess it was. 

However, I am still getting half second input lag. Trying to drive in a straight line isn't possible, the small adjustments to your controls to keep a straight heading, lag, and then you hit a wall because the game violently adjusts your tank to where suddenly the controller is saying it needs to be going.

Turning... yeahhh...

Trying to active scout or even just navigate a city map in a fast tank right now has my tank flying into rubble piles and getting hung up on building walls all because of this lag stutter crap.

It is extremely noticable on rain or snow weather variants... try to turn the turret to the left while turning to the right at top speed lags your tank something stupid.

This has been going on for awhile now its getting to the point I am dieing to lag every other game.

Whens the fix coming?

CyberGopher #2 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14439 battles
I don’t get lag often.  Whatever the problem is it’s not on my end.

Nothing to talk about.

Beta582 #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18136 battles
  • [TANK]

Most of the time, lag is on the users end. Here are some steps I would advise trying one at a time.

1: Unplug your Modem/Router for 1 minute then plug back in

2: Full Shutdown and unplug your console to clear the cache

3: Delete the "Saved Data" in Game Management (don't worry, this file only contains user customizations such as gamma and sensitivity)

4: Delete your Xbox Live/PSN gamertag then recover from Xbox Live/PSN

And if need be, 5: Do a full reinstall of the game

If these don't resolve your issue, I would advise submitting a ticket to Wargaming Support detailing the steps you took on your end.

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

BrogueOne #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15756 battles
  • [ELDER]
I haven’t had any lag issues since I ran an Ethernet cable to my PS4.  The only lag issues I’ve had were self-identified by WG and fixed quite quickly.  If you’re having problems you should submit a ticket.  They can actually help you figure out the problem.  

Simply complaining about lag doesn’t do anything to fix it.

Rarefication #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16520 battles
I have Rogers Ignite and have never lagged as a result.

Iiniwa #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7227 battles
I am sick of the horrendous lag on ALL the games I have played over the last few weeks! Internet speed at my end is more than fine yet when I have my sights lined up on an enemy tank and fire I end up pressing the trigger rapidly as there is no response and about three seconds later I am either dead, attempting to scale a cliff vertically, or halfway across the map. Most of the time I die due to the lag and lose a lot of silver. Having been playing WOT from the beta days, it just is not fun anymore, just a huge struggle every time I play. Would I have to resort to uninstalling the game and start afresh or is there a simpler solution? Can anyone help?

boaz0499 #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7870 battles
I had lag after the last big update, I had to delete the game and reinstall and it fixed it.

BrogueOne #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15756 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostIiniwa, on 14 February 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

I am sick of the horrendous lag on ALL the games I have played over the last few weeks! Internet speed at my end is more than fine yet when I have my sights lined up on an enemy tank and fire I end up pressing the trigger rapidly as there is no response and about three seconds later I am either dead, attempting to scale a cliff vertically, or halfway across the map. Most of the time I die due to the lag and lose a lot of silver. Having been playing WOT from the beta days, it just is not fun anymore, just a huge struggle every time I play. Would I have to resort to uninstalling the game and start afresh or is there a simpler solution? Can anyone help?

Read the reply from Beta582 that’s a few posts above this one.  It has some tips for improving performance.  If you’re still having trouble with lag.....submit a ticket to WG Customer Support.  They can, and will, help you diagnose the problem!  

CptBadger #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10529 battles
  • [BEARD]

Recently there has definitely been lag somewhere on the WG side, be that the game or the infrastructure running it.  It's the only way I can explain multiple people experiencing lag at exactly the same time when they are on separate ISPs etc.

FYI, this is Xbox One on EU

GM1966 #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16948 battles

For all people thinking that having top speed internet equals no lag you are wrong.

I live in a rural area and I have AT&T U-verse DSL and since I'm rural I don't even get their top speed DSL service and I do not have lag.  I can count on one hand how many times I've experienced lag in almost four years I've been playing.  None of those times have been in the last year or so and resetting my router/Xbox solved it every time.  Your internet speed that you see advertised by your provider is not why you either have lag or don't get lag.

Again, I'm on DSL and it's not even the top DSL speed as it is not offered in my rural area.

I use an XBox One with ethernet cable and I use NA E and NA W servers.  I always have full bars and they are always green.

TopSlotta #11 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41221 battles

resetting my console and router fixed my lag (which was only experienced on EU server and not the two NA servers).

I'm now a convert to the idea that lag is almost certainly on the users end (maybe its a corrupted file or something).

SlashingYew172 #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12226 battles

Another update this morning and the lag is back!

This time it is really weird. After I sign out and back in, I can play 1-3 games and then the lag is back, really bad, 1 sec refresh.

I know it's not my network, everything else works fine.

I don't think it's WG's fault, I believe it's Microsoft's services that are at fault here, can someone from WG confirm it?

Panzer Cmndr #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6753 battles
I may try to run hardwire to my XBone rather than the WiFi, see if that helps. I get dropped from the game more than lag, unless I am on the European sever then I laggggggggggg.gggg.gggg.gggg....

PATRIOTICxTBro #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11224 battles
  • [-HOW-]
Never have had lag myself but I expect that running 100 mbps with Ethernet cable. My buddy though has had horrendous lag since this new update dropped. I suggested he restart his Xbox and router didn’t work. On a whim I said to reinstall the game and somehow that worked. Can’t tell you why though just a suggestion.

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users