FIX AI IN WAR STORIES

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bad Legoman DK #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29745 battles
  • [PIMPS]

Fix the AI's in ALL of war stories. It is SO bad when AI's sit and look at you figting and is NOT shooting at the enemy at all...

:izmena:

RCAFRaven #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4944 battles
  • [TVTC]

Some of my favourites:

- Artillery that constantly tries to shoot through a mountain (attempting direct fire despite a wall of granite in the way (happens in a couple of the Brothers in Armor series)).

- Green bots that sit around (with popcorn?) while you get shredded by 6+ enemies (happens in the Berlin series a lot).

- The "sniper" in Live Fire Exercise that can't hit the bad guys down below because he's out of position, and can't hit the bad guys up top at the end (on those rare occasions that he doesn't get smoked by artillery) because he's out of position. It didn't used to bother me because his ineptitude made it easier to score the 12 kills for the Dominant Op, but I find now that I NEED support in the end-game if I'm playing anything with a longer load time. He does, though, pump round after round into me if I try to hull-down next to him.

- Of course, the enemy AI doesn't seem to suffer from the same ineptitude: They can score a critical hit a nanosecond after coming around a corner and clearing a mountain at 65km/h++ despite the fact that they should have no idea where you are. Hilarious.

It keeps life interesting ;)

Cheers!

Gary

Edited by RCAFRaven, 15 February 2018 - 02:27 AM.

RapidFoal799301 #3 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11704 battles
I tried war stories for the first time today. Everything you mentioned in the OP is correct. Your teammates wander around aimlessly while the reds, at times, seem to at least coordinate an attack together.  My personal favorite is when you click on a square or SOS and you get an "affirmative " from your teammates but they still continue to catch butterflies or yolo into a group of reds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users