Unsung Heroes

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

TennisMan56 #161 Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27995 battles
  • [STDZ]
That would be great but I refuse to own a cell phone. Just do not want to be that accessible. But I have got better at screen shot at start of match. I should do it at the end also.

STUART SHERMAN #162 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38034 battles
  • [FLT]

A shout out to Major Tripper in their Hollenhund. We were on Prok. I was driving Obj. 704 and working the West side of the map from the North spawn. We were holding our own, and our East flank was winning. But after putting up a gallant fight the two Green heavies in front of me finally bought it. I was all that stood between our 3 Arties, and Three Red heavies. A full health Conq. and a 2/3 dead M103 rushed me while a full health Type 4 stood back giving support fire. I was attracting a lot of fire, but got the Conq a couple times coming in and the Arties were giving the M103 fits. I was down to about 50 hp, and just getting to where I could not quite keep my gun on the now depleted Conq, when Tripper came roaring up, popped the Conq. and tracked the M103. The two of us along with Arty dealt with the Type 4.

Major Tripper saved my bacon, turned the tide in a very close match. I managed to survive, we finished 1-2, and pulled out a nice win. 

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

BlahCarnivore6 #163 Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9140 battles
A big thanks to Turkey Tank, R35T, Chewey Badge, Boerejack, Rubellito, Defiant Spur, Swindle, Gemini Rogues, Sinz, Fusion, and all the others that go above and beyond giving their knowledge and insight.

You all are my Hero's at this game and I hope to achieve the level of play you all have set the bar for noobs to strive for.

From reading your posts and watching your vids, you have taught me and many newer players how to "git good". I understand and hope others do, on how much time you have spent to get to your level. You all are teaching us newer players how to get there. Thank you

Still waiting to see you on the reds, so I can yolo you, wait not a good tactical move:)

test777777 #164 Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

Great positive Vibes.

Not really the same thing since I don't have any names and it involves a red but I've danced with some red players for a minute or so when they get me to half a shot from dead and  some light who's been sitting idly by watching comes flying in to claim the kill. I send a message telling them they deserved the kill unlike their team mate.

I can't think of any one by name who has helped me in the battle but there's been a few. Whether intentionally or by good fortune but, it's welcome relief from being hindered by team mates or feeling very alone. . I try and make sure that they know that I appreciated their action both verbally and then reinforce that later. Thank you to all who continue to do this.

A little acknowledgment and appreciation goes a long way. Sometimes when one can't get a win on the board,or constantly struggling in lower tier battles, When someone else notices the effort and decides to acknowledge it in a respectful manner, it works as a really refreshing experience from the normal hate and is almost uplifting. So a shoutout specifically to Stuart Sherman who sent me some kind comments after he spectated me during one battle and while I didn't do much other than kill a couple of higher tier and mostly dead tanks at the end to seal the win, it was really appreciated to have my mediocre effort witnessed and acknowledged by a fellow forumer in such a way. Thanks Stuart Sherman.

Playing it safe

STUART SHERMAN #165 Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38034 battles
  • [FLT]

View Posttest777777, on 08 March 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

Great positive Vibes.

Not really the same thing since I don't have any names and it involves a red but I've danced with some red players for a minute or so when they get me to half a shot from dead and  some light who's been sitting idly by watching comes flying in to claim the kill. I send a message telling them they deserved the kill unlike their team mate.

I can't think of any one by name who has helped me in the battle but there's been a few. Whether intentionally or by good fortune but, it's welcome relief from being hindered by team mates or feeling very alone. . I try and make sure that they know that I appreciated their action both verbally and then reinforce that later. Thank you to all who continue to do this.

A little acknowledgment and appreciation goes a long way. Sometimes when one can't get a win on the board,or constantly struggling in lower tier battles, When someone else notices the effort and decides to acknowledge it in a respectful manner, it works as a really refreshing experience from the normal hate and is almost uplifting. So a shoutout specifically to Stuart Sherman who sent me some kind comments after he spectated me during one battle and while I didn't do much other than kill a couple of higher tier and mostly dead tanks at the end to seal the win, it was really appreciated to have my mediocre effort witnessed and acknowledged by a fellow forumer in such a way. Thanks Stuart Sherman.

Sometimes the winning move doesn’t show on the stat sheet. I was in sore need of a win at the time as well. 

WidowMaker1711 #166 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11368 battles
  • [BNKR]
Big shoutout to BU11DOG255 in their M4 for saving me on Ardennes. Got into a scrap in the Revenant with a KV-1 and a T67 and ended up pinned against the edge of the map. Next thing I know the T67 goes boom and the KV-1 is now outnumbered. We won the game too. Thanks were sent.

For Russ and the Allfather

STUART SHERMAN #167 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38034 battles
  • [FLT]
OAFxNation in their IS7 got in a beautiful hull down spot on Sacred Valley near the bridge/SE village. My T28 Proto wracked up some healthy damage as their IS bounced one shot after another. The two of us held off, then defeated a superior number of Reds and finished 1-2. 

big jim4570 #168 Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13430 battles
  • [GOAT]

A quick shout out for STOMPINGUTS, he was in a Grill 15 on El Halluf and I was in the M48.  He coordinated fantastically with me and we held our corner although strongly outnumbered.  I would spot and shoot then he would smack them a mean one and they just didnt want to push us and find out if there were more behind me...  As the reds became more and more scarce and we were clearly going to win, their M48 became desperate for points and he slipped across the valley and appeared on my flank and tracked me!  This would be a bad thing but as Im busy playing with the roulette wheel of repair I see a Grill 15 come charging out of nowhere to shoot and RAM the M48.  Ive never seen anyone use a Grill to ram.  Anyway he distracted the M48 I got repaired and delivered the kill shot on top of what STOMPINGUTS had done and we both drove off to survive to victory.

Great Play, great coordination, and just great green guy playing team with someone he had never met.

Koncorde #169 Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23368 battles
Kingmeat14 of [47R] on Karelia. I was in my T26E4 and made a major push down the left breaking their holding pattern. Unfortunately I took a big hit that set me on fire and it was all I could do to crawl away with 200hp (yeah, I know, no fire extinguisher).

So after crawling back to base a bit, I was able to bail Kingmeat out of a circle of death with a Pantera, but this meant by the time I span back around our right hand side had collapsed and I was faced with a Yazi and AT15. I promptly manned up, and made the Yazi turn up the hill, but the AT15 started to chase me down (if such a slow motion Benny Hill could be imagined) and after a hit that took me to 6hp, I reversed back to base crying like a [edited].

Which is where Kingmeat came in. Hearing the wails of my tanks engine, he steamed his AT15 into the breach and stepped in front of the enemy AT15, we were then able to take it apart before moving on the Yazi, which he solo's as I took the wrong route up the hill.

He finished top, I scraped into 4th with what remained of my tank. GG's shared.

swindle 321 #170 Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35808 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostBlahCarnivore6, on 08 March 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

A big thanks to Turkey Tank, R35T, Chewey Badge, Boerejack, Rubellito, Defiant Spur, Swindle, Gemini Rogues, Sinz, Fusion, and all the others that go above and beyond giving their knowledge and insight.

You all are my Hero's at this game and I hope to achieve the level of play you all have set the bar for noobs to strive for.

From reading your posts and watching your vids, you have taught me and many newer players how to "git good". I understand and hope others do, on how much time you have spent to get to your level. You all are teaching us newer players how to get there. Thank you

Still waiting to see you on the reds, so I can yolo you, wait not a good tactical move:)

Thanks for the shout out mate. You defo shouldn't yolo me though, I'm a nice guy, yolo those other guys all you want, they probably deserve it lol. :)

YouTube

CheweyBadge #171 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 36667 battles
  • [F_X_A]

View PostBlahCarnivore6, on 08 March 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the mention ;) 

View Postswindle 321, on 26 April 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

Thanks for the shout out mate. You defo shouldn't yolo me though, I'm a nice guy, yolo those other guys all you want, they probably deserve it lol. :)

Hey!

Spoiler

BlahCarnivore6 #172 Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9140 battles
I love watching all your vids, especially voiced over with some comedy. You all keep new and current players going. Gotta keep this game going. I wish Fusion had a YouTube channel, he has a great amount of exp to share and would have a lot of followers. Unless he does and I can't find it.

Koncorde #173 Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23368 battles
XXCOMMANDER57XX on Karelia team destruction. North spawn, I pushed hard down the valley right to the last rock before their corner in my Centennial, got their team all in a confuzzle and we started picking them apart. Unfortunately our team kept yolo'ing into the corner rather than flanking while I had them distracted which meant that after 8 minutes we were down to our AT15, Minuteman, T28 Prot (Commander), a fat Bert, and myself against a full health Liberate, Skorp G, Minuteman, Tiger II, Black Prince and Kraft Panther that had all gone the other way.

I knew I could probably hold some of them back, but knew if they pushed hard my low alpha gun wouldn't have enough in it to keep them pegged down. Our AT15 and Minuteman meanwhile get the Liberte but then just stroll off into the wilderness.

So Commander who had been on top of the hill looking down for a bit shoved his big fat front end in the face of the nearest tanks as they pushed and we were able to see off the Minuteman and Kraft, only for the Tiger II to appear and flank us. I take a shot to the midsection, then another, taking me into the 150hp range before I can squeeze behind the ridge and deny his depression. He then goes for Arty before plowing downhill right at me. Commander spanks him for most his health, and I use the tried and tested glancing blow ram attack to disable him and flank to finish him off.

The rest is just me scouring the map to run the Skorp G and Black Prince out of town.

We split nearly 8k damage equally between us, and come away with 3 kills apiece.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users