Jump to content


Unsung Heroes


  • Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #21 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3648 battles
  • 1,011
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017

A big shout out to all those base cappers out there! :honoring: You know who you are! :angry::teethhappy: And an even bigger one (shout out) to the base defenders!:great:


 


 I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

 

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz


 


 


WidowMaker1711 #22 Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 16 February 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

A big shout out to all those base cappers out there! :honoring: You know who you are! :angry::teethhappy: And an even bigger one (shout out) to the base defenders!:great:


 

 

 

Bad YV4N. That is NOT what this thread is for. Its here to be the antidote to the complaints about base campers, trolls and potatoes. There are players out there who need recognition and commendation who arent on the forums. This thread is for them.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


YV4N 3HT N1OJ #23 Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3648 battles
  • 1,011
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 16 February 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

 

 

Bad YV4N. That is NOT what this thread is for. Its here to be the antidote to the complaints about base campers, trolls and potatoes. There are players out there who need recognition and commendation who arent on the forums. This thread is for them.

 

 GuD SiR ,I was being sincere even though I made the mean face! There have been times where it was good that we won through cap and times when it was good that the base got reset because they were there and I came here to commend them. :(

 I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

 

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz


 


 


WidowMaker1711 #24 Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 17 February 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

 GuD SiR ,I was being sincere even though I made the mean face! There have been times where it was good that we won through cap and times when it was good that the base got reset because they were there and I came here to commend them. :(

 

But there are toxic forumers who only need the slightest excuse to derail a thread after seeing the word capper. Im not willing to trust them to behave.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


PanchoVia70 #25 Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31423 battles
  • 1,044
  • [W0LFS]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 16 February 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

 

 GuD SiR ,I was being sincere even though I made the mean face! There have been times where it was good that we won through cap and times when it was good that the base got reset because they were there and I came here to commend them. :(

+1. I actually got a kick out of your posts!  

 

BTW, I think this thread is a great idea!



WereLemur #26 Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:27 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7417 battles
  • 470
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

A non-forum player (I think), SomberWeevil26.  He used his medium to flank an enemy Tiger (P) & T25/2 while I ate shots for us in the Tiger 131.  Then we took out the enemy arty for 4+ kills between the 2 of us in our flanking effort.

 

Also, I wish I added the player back then, I have no idea who they are now.   We set up an ambush on the Lunar map.  Teams were down to 2 vs. 2 with me facing off against 2 reds.  I pinged a spot on the map a bit closer to my teammate and started zig zagging towards it using the hills for cover.  He confirmed and hulled down to wait for them.  He began hitting them as soon as I led the reds into his crosshairs.  I turned and engaged and we won the match.  Great teamwork :)



Sgt Becket FEAR #27 Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10143 battles
  • 8,184
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014
I was in a match nearly two years ago where a TOG turned its hull sideways so that, after dying, it became enough of a roadblock to allow the rest of our team to have enough time to reorganize and eventually win.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


Dyslexsticks #28 Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31907 battles
  • 8,703
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

A thread like this is always nice to have around I just have the feeling it'll sink like a ship just like the other thread of this nature. Especially in this stage of the games life where most of the good players have gotten bored.

 

There's definitely a few pubbies I've seen out there that have proven to be a big pain. An unsung villain if you will. I just don't remember other names besides TNT Richie as most of the other GTs I see on EU are very russian and are so damn similar to one another. I guess most of them are naming themselves after a Soviet war hero.


[X] Recent: M48 Patton (US, MT) US: 3/7 UK: 6/6 GER: 5/10 RUS: 3/9 FR: 2/6 JPN: 1/2 CN: 1/4 CZH: 1/1 SWE: 0/2[X]

 

[///] Recent: M46 Patton (IX) LT's: 5 MT's: 11 HT's: 7 TD's: 4 [\\\]

My captures


theSwansonFTW #29 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14884 battles
  • 317
  • Member since:
    05-14-2016

I'm going to run with this as it's not about being great. Just about two randoms gelling briefly over a neglected flank. Strangers in the night exchanging glances. I might have made it weird.

 

So, from this mornings play i would like to mention two players in dispatches.

 

Firstly from a T5 match on Highway. Tobinskia!!.

He was running his T67, I was in the Ripper. We pushed North from the South spawn with two other tanks who dropped back at the big hill, everyone else pushed town. So Tobinskia and I pushed on. We had a small engagement in the cluster of buildings and then advanced in bounds. He would push and I would cover and then vice versa, we ended up pushing to the red cap. The total bag between us was one/two on the leader board, 2200 damage and 7 kills.

 

Secondly from a T5 match on Dukla Pass. Leha_cj!!

Again a TD/medium match up. They were running a StuGIIIG and i was in my Defiance. We pushed East from the South spawn with an A20 in company, the lemming train pushed North. It was more chaotic, and unfortunately the A20 died quick. However we pushed through to the cap and our final combined tally was 1st/2nd on the leaderboard, 2100 damage and 6 kills.

 

Both were great games. the first because we controlled the enemy, they never stood a chance. The Dukla Pass match was enemies attacking from all sides and a backs to the wall defence that broke the enemy team.

 

This is what it should be like every game.


 


WidowMaker1711 #30 Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PosttheSwansonFTW, on 17 February 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm going to run with this as it's not about being great. Just about two randoms gelling briefly over a neglected flank. Strangers in the night exchanging glances. I might have made it weird.

 

So, from this mornings play i would like to mention two players in dispatches.

 

Firstly from a T5 match on Highway. Tobinskia!!.

He was running his T67, I was in the Ripper. We pushed North from the South spawn with two other tanks who dropped back at the big hill, everyone else pushed town. So Tobinskia and I pushed on. We had a small engagement in the cluster of buildings and then advanced in bounds. He would push and I would cover and then vice versa, we ended up pushing to the red cap. The total bag between us was one/two on the leader board, 2200 damage and 7 kills.

 

Secondly from a T5 match on Dukla Pass. Leha_cj!!

Again a TD/medium match up. They were running a StuGIIIG and i was in my Defiance. We pushed East from the South spawn with an A20 in company, the lemming train pushed North. It was more chaotic, and unfortunately the A20 died quick. However we pushed through to the cap and our final combined tally was 1st/2nd on the leaderboard, 2100 damage and 6 kills.

 

Both were great games. the first because we controlled the enemy, they never stood a chance. The Dukla Pass match was enemies attacking from all sides and a backs to the wall defence that broke the enemy team.

 

This is what it should be like every game.

 

+1 Sir. You are correct its not just about being great. Its about those moments win or lose when you come together with a random player and remind the opfor they arent having it all their own way.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Dyslexsticks #31 Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31907 battles
  • 8,703
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Right when I had doubts I actually had a person on my team in a Skorpion who was a crucial contributor to the positive outcome of this scenario.

 


[X] Recent: M48 Patton (US, MT) US: 3/7 UK: 6/6 GER: 5/10 RUS: 3/9 FR: 2/6 JPN: 1/2 CN: 1/4 CZH: 1/1 SWE: 0/2[X]

 

[///] Recent: M46 Patton (IX) LT's: 5 MT's: 11 HT's: 7 TD's: 4 [\\\]

My captures


WidowMaker1711 #32 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostDyslexsticks, on 17 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

Right when I had doubts I actually had a person on my team in a Skorpion who was a crucial contributor to the positive outcome of this scenario.

 

 

GG to both of you. Cannot believe that nobody pushed up that track where the Skorpion was hiding though.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Sgt Becket FEAR #33 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10143 battles
  • 8,184
  • [ROSA]
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

 

We shall never surrender!! :izmena:


Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

 

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

__________________________________________________________________________


WidowMaker1711 #34 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Bump

For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


Xenith_Inc #35 Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 5702 battles
  • 2,650
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017
You could bump with a contribution?

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel


WidowMaker1711 #36 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostXenith_Inc, on 20 February 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

You could bump with a contribution?

 

I could. But as I started the thread its in my interest to bump it too.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


MegladonALPHA #37 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22816 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015
I was on Swamp in my IS7. Some random and I run up to the corner in the area of A9 and no one else came to that side at all. They were in a WZ120 and we came up on 5 tanks, another IS7 and Emil was in the mix. We held the corner and the 2 of us took down 5 tanks. We both ended up dead at the end, but by that time the rest of the team decided to get in the game and came in for mop up. We got pounded by arty and the Emil took a lot of our health but it was fun as all get out. Messaged him a GG We held that flank on our own, and they shot back D*mn right we did. Felt good. 

WidowMaker1711 #38 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10708 battles
  • 9,557
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMegladonALPHA, on 20 February 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

I was on Swamp in my IS7. Some random and I run up to the corner in the area of A9 and no one else came to that side at all. They were in a WZ120 and we came up on 5 tanks, another IS7 and Emil was in the mix. We held the corner and the 2 of us took down 5 tanks. We both ended up dead at the end, but by that time the rest of the team decided to get in the game and came in for mop up. We got pounded by arty and the Emil took a lot of our health but it was fun as all get out. Messaged him a GG We held that flank on our own, and they shot back D*mn right we did. Felt good. 

 

Awesome. We need more of these stories.


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


STUART SHERMAN #39 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • 1,375
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

I posted this one a while ago but had to go dig it back up. 

 

Playing this morning on West server, running my E3 in a 12v12 match. 

Things were going poorly, but a random team mate and I were finding a level of co operation that is rare in this game. It came down to his/her E4 and me vs 5 Reds. An E100, E5, Conqueror, Defender, and T92 arty. 

When it was all over I was the lone survivor with 8 kills including all 5 of the above listed Reds. It was a heart pounding finish, and I was on such a rush I completely forgot to issue a gg to said team mate. The honest truth is he/she caused almost 2000 more damage than I did, and got 2 kills. Without the skillful play of this person I would have had no chance of getting the R-W medal, so I'll put an asterisk on this one. 

A big thank you to Bengal BOY. 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


STUART SHERMAN #40 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • 1,375
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

I'd also like to thank Sgt Becket FEAR for convincing me to go back and reacquire Tiger I. I was lack luster in this tank while grinding thru it, but using my experience, and following suggested tactics by FEAR, and a couple others I've found joy in the ole original Tiger. I've been successful in brining her into the winning side of things, and more importantly how to have fun with her. 

Thank you. :honoring:


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball





4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users