• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

WidowMaker1711 #41 Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10708 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 20 February 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

I'd also like to thank Sgt Becket FEAR for convincing me to go back and reacquire Tiger I. I was lack luster in this tank while grinding thru it, but using my experience, and following suggested tactics by FEAR, and a couple others I've found joy in the ole original Tiger. I've been successful in brining her into the winning side of things, and more importantly how to have fun with her. 

Thank you. :honoring:

Tiger I is the BEST Tier 8 medium.

+1 for your story. The more merrier.

For Russ and the Allfather

STUART SHERMAN #42 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 20 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I've always been a T29 guy, but I can't help but love Tiger I. It's only a bit faster than T29, but it's more agile, and quicker if that makes any sense. I'll look for T29s on the greens, (hopefully they have a clue), and go to work. It's a potent combo that can carry many a match. 

Hey, where's my +1  :confused:   lolz   :D

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

Kebabsaurus Rex #43 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15014 battles
  • [BNKR-]

ABAOUIA and I ran a hammer platoon last night and pulled a tier 9 game on Icebound.

We held off about 6 higher tier tanks trying to rush us for long enough that green team were able to flank and take them out and eventually get the win.

Unfortunately we both got destroyed but went down swinging :)

WidowMaker1711 #44 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10708 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 21 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostWidowMaker1711, on 20 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

I've always been a T29 guy, but I can't help but love Tiger I. It's only a bit faster than T29, but it's more agile, and quicker if that makes any sense. I'll look for T29s on the greens, (hopefully they have a clue), and go to work. It's a potent combo that can carry many a match. 

Hey, where's my +1  :confused:   lolz   :D

Sorry. Trying to do this on my phone. Doesnt always work.

SquizzM3 #45 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4006 battles
  • [TVR4]

"BE GOOD JONNY" in his T57 Heavy.

Don't know him/her from a bar of soap and I was bottom tier in a 8/9/10 match on Thiepval Ridge. It was my first outing in my first Tier 8 tank (T32 Heavy) and I don't play with a headset (reasons) so their radial comms were perfect and a massive help to my gameplay. We lost in the end, but I learned a whole lot in that game.

Witness the Sh!tness...

WidowMaker1711 #46 Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10708 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSquizzM3, on 22 February 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

"BE GOOD JONNY" in his T57 Heavy.

Don't know him/her from a bar of soap and I was bottom tier in a 8/9/10 match on Thiepval Ridge. It was my first outing in my first Tier 8 tank (T32 Heavy) and I don't play with a headset (reasons) so their radial comms were perfect and a massive help to my gameplay. We lost in the end, but I learned a whole lot in that game.

+1 for you. Anytime you can learn or teach in game is a bright point. If you take a few of the opfor with you even better.

STUART SHERMAN #47 Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:58 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

Captainpizda, this one was a couple months ago, but it's still worth mentioning.

His Tiger, my Strv 74, Steppes. We were down 8v4, and the other two greens were way across the map. We didn't even communicate much, he just knew what to do.

I'd show the Reds just enough to get them looking at me, then he'd pop up from behind and let them have it. We went on to finish off 6 of the last 8 Reds, the other greens got the other two, for a very satisfying win. 

GGs were exchanged, and I've run into him a few times since. But that one game was amazing.

The1970Hooper #48 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7951 battles
  • [RATT]

​This thread is a great idea.

​I dont belong to a clan, have only been invited to platoon a few times, and really appreciate any positive messages I get. In turn, I always try to acknowledge the players that demonstrate teamwork, and try to send out a "nice save" message to the players who win the match after I've been destroyed. 

​This a great game and things like this thread will help keep it great.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

STUART SHERMAN #49 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostThe1970Hooper, on 22 February 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

​This thread is a great idea.

​I dont belong to a clan, have only been invited to platoon a few times, and really appreciate any positive messages I get. In turn, I always try to acknowledge the players that demonstrate teamwork, and try to send out a "nice save" message to the players who win the match after I've been destroyed. 

​This a great game and things like this thread will help keep it great.

Positive threads and in game messages are all too rare.

I feel like this thread should be pinned to encourage some good positive posts in the future. Kinda like "Which Forumer did you meet today?"

Take up the, Random GG today challenge. If you're really serious, GG a red team player, or (gasp!) Atry. 

:great:

MegladonALPHA #50 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22816 battles

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 23 February 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Positive threads and in game messages are all too rare.

I feel like this thread should be pinned to encourage some good positive posts in the future. Kinda like "Which Forumer did you meet today?"

Take up the, Random GG today challenge. If you're really serious, GG a red team player, or (gasp!) Atry. 

:great:

For the past year or so, if the opposing atry one shots me, I send them a "great shot". No reason to get mad at them if I'm hanging my junk out there to be smacked like that. They almost always seem to me M44s that nail me. 

groovingreg #51 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16835 battles
mr.narwhal 10 on ps4 na east on the map steppes.  what an excellent elc playstyle he has developed.  sidescrapping at just the right angle,  knows when his team are pushing and falling back.  knows when to hang back and take pot shots and knows exactly when to rush out.  i sent him a gg after the match.  that was a couple of days ago.  i was in my boilermaker flanked by him and another medium.  if it wasn't for tje share amount of dmg i had done he would have been top spot on assist dmg alone.  if you see him,  keep him alive,  he's a good guy to have left alive at the end of a game.  saddly i didn't make it to the end of the game but did get top spot.

WidowMaker1711 #52 Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10708 battles
  • [BNKR]
Keep it up guys. The more the better.

AVENGED 0NE #53 Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6867 battles
Don't remember the guys name, but he was in a E100 and I was in my IS-3 on Karelia. We spawned westside and him and I were the only two tanks to go Southeast to fight.

We held a corner, killing five tanks between us before we were eventually overrun. We lost the game but finished one and two respectively. GG's were exchanged

Meatballsaws #54 Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26378 battles
  • [AWOL]

Honor Roll of randy battle brothers you can count on in a pinch. 

Gootou.

CombatantBog80.

aTooLaDDiCT.

PlanePeach.

DHG DivineJew89.

Wroclaw.

​Pretentious Latin phrase.

STUART SHERMAN #55 Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:59 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

SparingLeek98 in their E75,  and HealthfulSum067 in their Type 61 and my VK 100.01P at Heilbronn in a tier X match. We absolutely crushed the Reds in town, then rolled thru the island to hit 'em in the flank.

Although they accounted for eight kills, (I had none :confused:) and we finished 1-2-3, it wasn't enough to make up for a crap team.  GGs all around.

WidowMaker1711 #56 Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10708 battles
  • [BNKR]
LashingBiscuit5 in a T1 Heavy and OneHalfNickel in a Grille on Siegfried Line-War!-Assault. Attacking the flag. I started out in the Ram II to the far left with just the arty. Almost straight away myself and the arty are being attacked by 2 heavies and 2 mediums. Got splashed by arty for half health and charged by a T14 that missed the ramming opportunity. Got behind that and killed its dumb backside. In all this the two mediums were creeping round. Pinged for help. And a green T1 Heavy answered the call. We mopped up the red T1 and a G1 R before setting our sights on the retreating Skoda T 24. Unfortunately I was finished by the T 24 but the T1 with arty support swept that left side to push for victory.

STUART SHERMAN #57 Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

FatalHercules in their FV4202, and my M6 in a tier VIII match at Fishermans Bay, encounter battle. We pushed the city, and turned the game in our favor in a very nice win. They had 3 kills, but more importantly held 2 red heavies in place until help arrived securing our victory. They finished 1st, I was 4th with 2 kills. 

GGs were exchanged, and I asked about tagging them on this forum. Maybe we can generate some interest in this forum by decent players this way? 

Koncorde #58 Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19257 battles

View PostMeatballsaws, on 24 February 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

Honor Roll of randy battle brothers you can count on in a pinch. 

Gootou.

CombatantBog80.

aTooLaDDiCT.

PlanePeach.

DHG DivineJew89.

Wroclaw.

Wroclaw gets a +1 from me also, have had some good games with him thanks to his general consistency.

PLK180W #59 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

Tezzie2908 in his VK.30.01D  on Artic Region in a tier VIII match.

Not only did he sneak through and negate the Red Arty who'd decimated the team, he then helped by spotting,  sniping and generally being such a  bloody nuisance to the remaining Reds that they were more determined to kill him rather then the bigger tanks now behind them.

He didn't end the match with a lot of damage, but he definitely saved the match.

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

STUART SHERMAN #60 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35006 battles
  • [FLT]

FREE TOPGUN on Sand River, Assault, we were defending, and we were both in T67s.

Together we rolled to the East dune ridge area, and started sniping both North, and West. Then scouts to the North lit up the bulk of the red team coming our way, but we both hung in there until our scouts were KOed. So retreated back toward the base where we set up to catch em coming over the dune ridges. We proceeded to turn the match completely around, wiping out the last six Reds. 

Both of us survived in a win for the Greens. The only thing better than a well run T67, is two of them. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users