Why do Scouts Yolo?

Lights Scouts yolo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MASHMAN 90 #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

Why does Scouts yolo, kill Arty then die? I know Arty can be a threat but so are you and then throwing your tank away.

Never understand the reason really, i did try to stop him but too fast.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

TeichMegagamer #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2906 battles
  • [GRAP]

Heavys, td's and meds do it too, but because of the slower speed it doesn't attract as much attention as lights do.

They don't know what to do, that's why they yolo.

Failing ones way to higher tiers is nothing new.

Tips to improve your skill

Pit Friend #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31703 battles
  • [PTATO]

Becawse Scout Mehdals! :trollface:

Seriously though many people that play Light tanks like the speed but really don’t know how to play them. They get a bunch of spotting ribbons and occasionally a Scout medal and think they actually helped their team do something, even though most times nothing they spot can be shot by anything. And either or in addition to that they assume their Light tanks can only fight other things that are weakly armored so they go after the red artillery. 

They usually don't live long enough to learn that Lights become more and more dangerous the longer the game goes on. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

UngainlyTitan1 #4 Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31084 battles
 What Pit Fiend Said, I can attest to it from my own experience. There are a couple of drivers, nothing in game really explains the camo mechanics. You can get to tier V/VI with out mastering any skill/perk. 
​Because of lack of sixth sense and camo/spotting knowledge light tankers get regularly outspotted by mediums and TD and blown out of the bushes as soon as they move in to try and hide. That is because they were spotted approaching but did not have sixth sense and did not know it. (speaking from actual experience). 
​So driving around fast will give a scout medal and if you survive some spotting damage and in tanks like the Stuarts you can get away with it. At higher tiers no but YouTube is full of videos of ELC AMX's and Stuarts and MT 25 YOLOing for all their worth and having an epic game. It does happen, just not often to be worth it. So they think that this is the right way to play lights. 

UTU2TM #5 Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44121 battles
  • [BEARD]

I have no issue with his tactic.

He got the spots, he killed arty, he took all the guns on one side of the battlefield and forced them to retreat. He collapsed 50% of the map, which meant your team was pushed back to defend a small amount of the battlefield, and probably be enveloped by the opposing team. Its a rear area tactic, that makes a force commit resources in the rear, that should be kept in place to shoot at the main attacking force.

One scout tank, spotted your team, killed your arty, and turned you all into a baitball. Its a rear area operation, and you should have sent him a "GG!"

I'm a 19D, and I approve his tactic.

MoodyDale #6 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38669 battles
Because of grinding.  My damage/kill ratio between T71 pre-nerf and Lycan are huge difference.  I have to admit I hate grinding but have to get there.  I don't have much time in the morning and was doing 10 grinds.  Now down to 10 due to finally unlocking tier 10 Czech med.  close on the others but I seem to be much better when not grinding.  Low tier lights spoil too.  You can change the game at the very beginning before anyone even sees each other but not so much high tier lights.  Only high tier light I regularly do good in is the Amx 13 90.  

John Arrowsmith #7 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71982 battles
It's a shame the fake Marine is no longer here.  He could provide the true answer.

This forum needs the Fake Marine

Snore,   the only person I know of that likes mushy peas in a taco with cinnamon sprinkles. 

Buick350X #8 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6522 battles
  • [HELLC]
cause once arty is dead the rest of the team can focus on the battle and not need to worry about death from above.

Its an honorable sacrifice...

" Why didn't I take the
blue pill ^ "
Join HELLCATS WoT Clan...

http://console.world...en/clans/HELLC/

CatSnipah #9 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24348 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostPit Friend, on 18 February 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Seriously though many people that play Light tanks like the speed but really don’t know how to play them. They get a bunch of spotting ribbons and occasionally a Scout medal and think they actually helped their team do something, even though most times nothing they spot can be shot by anything. And either or in addition to that they assume their Light tanks can only fight other things that are weakly armored so they go after the red artillery. 

They usually don't live long enough to learn that Lights become more and more dangerous the longer the game goes on. 

AKA...uneducated buffoonery. 

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #10 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

Looks like you guys took the middle. The snakebite managed to kill the only arty on kesserine and pulled 6 tanks back to base with him opening their west side up completely for them to advance. (we also didn't see him actually die :P)

What were the post game results?

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

pingwrx #11 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21722 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostCatSnipah, on 18 February 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

AKA...uneducated buffoonery.

Oh you mean the scouting authoritys playstyle.

MASHMAN 90 #12 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 18 February 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Looks like you guys took the middle. The snakebite pulled 6 tanks back to base with him and opened their west side completely. (we also didn't see him actually die :P)

What were the post game results?

he died seconds later :) I think we lost the game but was surprised more than anything, more of a head scratcher moment but see moves like this most of the time. Lights are my worst nightmare trying to shoot as they move so fast lol (the one pen i had in the video was very lucky).

Usually only do post game results, if it's a full game :)

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Snorelacks #13 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25781 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 18 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

It's a shame the fake Marine is no longer here.  He could provide the true answer.

I think I just shed a tear :(

MASHMAN 90 #14 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

View PostUTU2TM, on 18 February 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

He got the spots, he killed arty, he took all the guns on one side of the battlefield and forced them to retreat. He collapsed 50% of the map, which meant your team was pushed back to defend a small amount of the battlefield, and probably be enveloped by the opposing team. Its a rear area tactic, that makes a force commit resources in the rear, that should be kept in place to shoot at the main attacking force.

One scout tank, spotted your team, killed your arty, and turned you all into a baitball. Its a rear area operation, and you should have sent him a "GG!"

I do understand why he did it to kill Arty to remove RNG from the game which i can relate too as they usually focus me down (if you can kill Arty and escape then that's great) but i'd wait a bit until tanks are more spread out before making the move as more chance of survival as staying alive should be first priority unless it's required that you die so the team can win :)

BDaddy Cheno #15 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26064 battles
  • [SPSR]

View PostUTU2TM, on 18 February 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

I'm a 19D, and I approve his tactic.

This!  If I can, I will stay alive to spot on maps that have rolling areas better suited to lights doing the mobile scout thing, but often there are maps where there are several artillery players on the red side and several heavies/slow TDs on the green side.  At this time, scouts have to make the decision to light up the forward red units only, letting the red artillery pound the heavies into dust, or do the above tactic in order to disrupt the red advance on one side and take out the artillery.  The idea is at this time to get in their rear area and make the reds react/focus on YOU.  Now, going YOLO and DYING because you tried to ram something or "Duked" off a cliff does NOT help, granted, but getting the reds to play "chase the monkey" CAN.  I prefer to be a live scout, but sometimes you have to be "Gold Section" (Death Star run reference.)
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #16 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3648 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 18 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

he died seconds later :) I think we lost the game but was surprised more than anything, more of a head scratcher moment but see moves like this most of the time. Lights are my worst nightmare trying to shoot as they move so fast lol (the one pen i had in the video was very lucky).

Usually only do post game results, if it's a full game :)

If you lost it was worth it for him, probably :playing:. That's a shame, looks like you guys had map dominance before that happened :D

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

MASHMAN 90 #17 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 18 February 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yep i made that mistake in the Hellcat as well, that's why i preferred slower tanks as a beginner as i felt, slower tank is, the best chance of survival. I'm not a good scout myself and i can't passive scout, i can active scout a touch though.

MASHMAN 90 #18 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

View PostBDaddy Cheno, on 18 February 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

This!  If I can, I will stay alive to spot on maps that have rolling areas better suited to lights doing the mobile scout thing, but often there are maps where there are several artillery players on the red side and several heavies/slow TDs on the green side.  At this time, scouts have to make the decision to light up the forward red units only, letting the red artillery pound the heavies into dust, or do the above tactic in order to disrupt the red advance on one side and take out the artillery.  The idea is at this time to get in their rear area and make the reds react/focus on YOU.  Now, going YOLO and DYING because you tried to ram something or "Duked" off a cliff does NOT help, granted, but getting the reds to play "chase the monkey" CAN.  I prefer to be a live scout, but sometimes you have to be "Gold Section" (Death Star run reference.)

Never thought about that, Cheers :)

BDaddy Cheno #19 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26064 battles
  • [SPSR]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 18 February 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

I do understand why he did it to kill Arty to remove RNG from the game which i can relate too as they usually focus me down (if you can kill Arty and escape then that's great) but i'd wait a bit until tanks are more spread out before making the move as more chance of survival as staying alive should be first priority unless it's required that you die so the team can win :)

This I can agree with.  I try to get a feel for where the reds are moving before swinging into the red rear area.  Just going forward and trying to bull your way through the reds with a light isn't going to do it, but getting around the flanks can.
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

MASHMAN 90 #20 Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34472 battles

View PostYV4N 3HT N1OJ, on 18 February 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

If you lost it was worth it for him, probably :playing:. That's a shame, looks like you guys had map dominance before that happened :D

i'm not sure as game barely started for map but probably worth it for him yeah :)

in a TD i dislike Kasserine so i move like 1/4 or 1/5 of the map and sit on a ridge before i saw the Snakebite. Snakebite and Panzer 1C has been my nightmare lately, so many bullets but may hit 1/5 lol.

Also tagged with Lights, Scouts, yolo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users