AFK Player Problem

afk multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should AFK players be penalized? (28 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should AFK players be penalized?

1. Yes (24 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Hide poll

JONNYREBELGTX #1 Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14491 battles

We are noticing multiple ocurances in games, unfortunately. The reason is hoping to get free xp by doing nothing and hoping your teams will win around 50% of the time. The only way to deter this "approach" is to penalize the player, in my opinion.

Yes, a player would receive negative credits, especially on a loss, currently, but it seems this isn't enough of a deterrent, as the problem is only increasing. 

I would propose that the player should take a hit in their xp, for lack of enough movement or activity. Remaining grey throughout the game is an instant ding. Not showing a certain amount of track or turret movement would also result in a penalty.

At the very least punish players who don't move since spawn.

What do you guys think?

zZGROGZz #2 Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18883 battles
They already do. If they do nothing all match, their tank self destructs and they have to pay for its repair. They also don’t, I think, get any xp.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

bevenh #3 Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27138 battles
You get too tough with players and they will just go bye bye. It is just a game not a career choice. Lighten up for the love of sanity. Maybe players perform poorly or do dumb things will that be next on your list of penalties. I say enjoy the good aspects of this game, and don't let the frustrating things get you down.

ATINvonRUEGEN #4 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10225 battles
  • [WOTAN]
Heard on the pc, wargaming gives a warning to the player for the first time it happens. I do not know what happens then .

Wolf 1411 #5 Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20654 battles
If you are AFK you are penalised as it is, nothing worse than having a tier X all ready to go and the post arrives or even better the internet glitches and you get bumped off. Only to get back/log back in to find it a smoking wreck and your out of silver. Punishing players AFK is just a way of making it so people who live out in the countryside and get crappy internet suffer even more. Just relish the times when you get up behind something on the other team thats AFK, that you wouldn't stand a chance against, and fill it full of easy holes and you get the extra XP.

JONNYREBELGTX #6 Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14491 battles

View Postbevenh, on 18 February 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

You get too tough with players and they will just go bye bye. It is just a game not a career choice. Lighten up for the love of sanity. Maybe players perform poorly or do dumb things will that be next on your list of penalties. I say enjoy the good aspects of this game, and don't let the frustrating things get you down.

In this game, like any other, there are rules, conventions and even courtesies. I don't think we need to cater to ill behaved players, rather than enhance the playing experience of the well-meaning veteran all the way down to the newcomer. We need to ensure the quality of play for all.

Like any game, you expect all the pieces to be there. Just as matchmaking seeks to even the playing field, so should some sort of enforced system of dealing with afk players. I'm not talking about players whose internet goes down, I'm referencing those that intentionally abuse the system. 

To what degree and how is open to discussion, but it is a problem that should have a serious look taken at it. A lot of players spend a lot more time and $$$ into this unique game and therefore expect a higher standard of play, which for the most part is very satisfactory.

Highlordwurm #7 Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16098 battles
  • [54-40]

Honestly? I cannot remember the last time I saw an AFKer...I guess once in a blue moon, but it is mostly the jerks in their top tiers just waiting for the 'newbs' to die in the hopes of mopping up, so lame! I cannot imagine playing a game if all the joy was so sucked out of it I was acting like that for stats.  You cannot fix that with a program!  Maybe switch servers, I run on NA East and I just don't see it all that much (maybe I just don't notice...).

I am pretty sure that the system knows the difference between AFK and lagged out, I don't think you get penalized for lag (when your icon is grey), but I could be wrong!

rat_armagedon #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28166 battles
  • [FUREY]
As said its a variety of issues for AFK . Never nice for team mates not getting into the fight. My ps4 used to get LAN drop out all the time, My biggest issue is muppets that drive heavy tanks set up as snipers, waiting all game in a bush somewhere. Lets face it, most light, medium or heavy campers do so because they lack skill. And fail to comprehend that if they are not getting involved in the battle they let the team down and increase the chances of a loss. Being the last tank alive with full health killing the tanks your dead team mates smashed down to one shot, and out trading damaged tanks is not a carry. Nothing to be proud of, YOU ARE NOT A HERO. 

Also tagged with afk, multiplayer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users