Vertical Stab Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

redshadowrider #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32055 battles
Last week, I was convinced that I should be running vert stabs on any tank where I can equip them.  I have been doing that, but it has also raised a question.  The description says I get a 20% accuracy improvement during movement or turret rotation.  Does this mean if I shoot at someone while sitting say behind a rock that I don't get any benefit?  I am a horrible shot while on the move, and usually am stopping to fire.
I'm just saying.....

Corporal Derpy #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [KMD]

View Postredshadowrider, on 22 February 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

The description says I get a 20% accuracy improvement during movement or turret rotation.  Does this mean if I shoot at someone while sitting say behind a rock that I don't get any benefit?

As I understand it, all it does is just cause less dispersion on the move than without.

So it isn't that your gun gets more accurate on the move than when stationary, but that it does not bloom up as much when the turret or tank itself is in motion.

Your base accuracy stats aren't changed, just the dispersion values of the gun.

Edited by Corporal Derpy, 22 February 2018 - 11:53 PM.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

'Don't give me that look, this is Teamwork! I'm the team, you're the work. Now get to it, trooper!'

M1A1miniKILLER #3 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30423 battles
  • [NFADL]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 22 February 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

As I understand it, all it does is just cause less dispersion on the move than without.

So it isn't that your gun gets more accurate on the move than when stationary, but that it does not bloom up as much when the turret or tank itself is in motion.

basically same thing when turning the turret as well 

ThunderChickenX #4 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 22 February 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

^^ This, vstabs essentially cause your reticule to be smaller while moving at any speed in comparison to no vstabs; this also by extension means that when you stop to aim your reticule begins at a smaller size.

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

BrogueOne #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 18982 battles
  • [ELDER]
Derpy and Chicken have summed most of it up.  The reduction in dispersion while moving/turret rotating has the effect of basically reducing your aim time.  It’s super useful on tanks you do a lot of peek-a-boom in since it helps you snap in better aimed shots in a shorter amount of time.

You definitely don’t need to equip Vstabs just because they’re available.  Depending on the tank I would choose Spall Liner(especially on super slow heavy tanks) or Optics(especially on a medium with poor view range).   Vertical stabilizers are most useful for ridgeline/flanking tanks that need to pop up, shoot, and duck or for brawling heavies that find themselves poking lots of corners.  If you’re playing any support or sniper roles you could definitely equip something else and probably gain more benefit from over Vstabs.

Tempest fox3 #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18067 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 22 February 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

Last week, I was convinced that I should be running vert stabs on any tank where I can equip them.  I have been doing that, but it has also raised a question.  The description says I get a 20% accuracy improvement during movement or turret rotation.  Does this mean if I shoot at someone while sitting say behind a rock that I don't get any benefit?  I am a horrible shot while on the move, and usually am stopping to fire.

The reticule bloom that you get when you move the hull or the turret is reduced by 20% Fully aimed stationary shots wont be any different however it will take you less time overall to fully aim when you stop to fire than without. 

Plus any snap shots you make will be significantly more likely to go where you actually want them to. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

redshadowrider #7 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32055 battles
I have some whose bloom is gigantic, and any reduction will be a plus.
I'm just saying.....

TocFanKe4 #8 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18579 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Stabilizers are always better than GLD. The main things that cause your reticle to get bigger are movement and rotation. Making the reticle 20 percent smaller from the start is better than making it reduce faster by 10 percent. You can search on the PC or wotlabs forums for the calculations.

It always depends on the tank to use it or not, though.  Depending on the accuracy, bloom from movement, and aim time it might not be worth it.

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

redshadowrider #9 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32055 battles
Yes, I am switching out quite a few GLDs for the stabs.
I'm just saying.....

Beta582 #10 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18864 battles
  • [TANK]

View Postredshadowrider, on 22 February 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

When moving your vehicle or turret, you reticle will bloom based on set values for each vehicle. Vertical stabilizers just limit how much bloom there will be (this is also helped mitigated by aim time because of how the calculations are run).

When stationary, Vertical Stabilizers will have no affect on your accuracy (the only way to improve this is with Vents, BiA, and Food).

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

TocFanKe4 #11 Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18579 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostBeta582, on 22 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

When stationary, Vertical Stabilizers will have no affect on your accuracy (the only way to improve this is with Vents, BiA, and Food).

I wouldn't say they have no effect. They don't specifically adjust anything when you're stationary. But they have kept the amount of bloom lower than it could have been when you moved. That gives you a head start in aiming once you've stopped. 

They don't make you run the race faster, but they let you start 20 percent closer. 

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users