Coming from PC version of the game

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MadManPunisher #1 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:41 AM

Private

• Players
  • 929 battles

So I have played PC version for around 2 years and even though I was good I had a really bad PC and now that I go back and try to play a game on it I can not believe I have actually played under those circumstances for two years...

My PC was so bad I could not even enter sniper mode without game lagging like hell..

Anyways I am here to ask you what are the main things I should know about the console version ?

I am currently grinding american medium line M4 Sherman (have 3 MoE on Sherman) and have researched T29 and T20.

By now I found out that the premium crew can be switched to other tanks not depending on the class...any other important things ?

Every advice helps :)

Tea-boi #2 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18677 battles
Apparently you can't get cheats on console. That's gotta be the best thing.

Deus le Volt!

MadManPunisher #3 Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

Private

• Players
  • 929 battles
I have to agree with you,it's a blessing :D

MegaB0B0 #4 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9976 battles

U can have more than one small med kit, repair kit etc but only one off use. Crews get their xp a lot faster, make good use of those x2 x3 crew bonus. U can't aim weak spots on the fly like that of pc with mouse. Hence the wfe100 gets more miss rounds of success than pc would manage. 

Beat the story mode for some free gold and xp plus cheap premium tanks. 

We never had equipment sale since the first and only time it was exploited by the clever few lol.

Forum has less trolls and only one arty thread 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

Pontiac Pat #5 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21745 battles
  • [47R]
Sixth Sense has 0 delay here.  Significant additional warning time.  Also, arty is still old school with only one god mode view and full damage on pen.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

MadManPunisher #6 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:57 AM

Private

• Players
  • 929 battles

View PostMegaB0B0, on 23 February 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

U can have more than one small med kit, repair kit etc but only one off use. Crews get their xp a lot faster, make good use of those x2 x3 crew bonus. U can't aim weak spots on the fly like that of pc with mouse. Hence the wfe100 gets more miss rounds of success than pc would manage. 

Beat the story mode for some free gold and xp plus cheap premium tanks. 

We never had equipment sale since the first and only time it was exploited by the clever few lol.

Forum has less trolls and only one arty thread 

Thanks,much apreciated :D

Haukkis #7 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29692 battles
We have some very useful, console only crew skills like Track Mechanic and Silent Driving and you can change crew skills with only 10 gold (on pc that cost 100 gold I think).

Haukkis #8 Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29692 battles
Currently there are some nice discount on Xbox Marketplace (probably on PS4 store as well), go and check it out. T-50-2 bundle is 12,50 euros and that thing is hyperfast and lots of fun, it also comes with 1 crew skill which is great bonus for new players.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #9 Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21673 battles
Buy the 53/55, WTE-100, and 183.:trollface:

Sovietdeath #10 Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15120 battles

View PostMadManPunisher, on 22 February 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

So I have played PC version for around 2 years and even though I was good I had a really bad PC and now that I go back and try to play a game on it I can not believe I have actually played under those circumstances for two years...

My PC was so bad I could not even enter sniper mode without game lagging like hell..

Anyways I am here to ask you what are the main things I should know about the console version ?

I am currently grinding american medium line M4 Sherman (have 3 MoE on Sherman) and have researched T29 and T20.

By now I found out that the premium crew can be switched to other tanks not depending on the class...any other important things ?

Every advice helps :)

Some important points...

• All ammo and equipment can be switched to silver just like in PC just an fyi (mount the item the press the "Change Currency" button) 
  • No friendly fire on shooting means you don't have to worry about team damage except for push trolls, or losing chance at high caliber.
  • Upgrade Packages on tanks are a mixed bag, good because it makes spending XP to upgrade never a waste (like unlocking equipment that you can't mount by accident) but bad because you may have to spend alot of XP at once and you can't customize your setup.
  • Events and Ops are all short term so better chances to earn a bunch of tanks every few months. But no long term Operations if you complete your short term ones.
  • You have 2 minimap and many control options that are vastly different from PC be sure to explore different options to see what you like and dislike. 
  • All your crews by the way are managed as a group by your commander and can learn up to 25 perks though only 1 at a time.

Bibo1GerUk #11 Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24410 battles

There aren't any "Premium Crews". You may have a Premium Tank that came with a crew. If you move that crew to a Tech Tree tank they have to master it with silver or Gold.

Pay silver for 75% Mastery and then earn 25K Crew Experience to gain full mastery of that tank. Then they start earning XP towards a skill. There is no separate indication of Crew XP so you'll have to guesstimate how much they have. It's best to do the "Overtraining" on an elited or Premium tank before moving into a new TT tank.

Any Crew can be moved into a Premium tank of the same nation. The Tank type (Medium,Heavy etc) doesn't matter on Console. PC is diabolically bad in that regard. There the tank type has to be the same and individual tank members must be moved out of one tank into the barracks then moved into the Premium Tank. If the amount of members doesn't match you either miss training one or more people or have to use them from another tank or recruit them :angry:

If you click reassign on a crew a list of tanks will pop up. Scroll through it till you see the tank that states "can be reassigned back for free". That is the tank they are currently trained on, their "home tank". When you have multiple TT and Prem tanks it's easy to forget where someone belongs.

Oh, btw, the meta on some maps on console can be vastly different to PC.

And please don't go to Death Valley on Lakeville ;)

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 23 February 2018 - 01:08 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

Gemini Rogues Youtube channel: Specific tank gameplay tips & tricks: https://www.youtube....OF8DRkA_Ml1m8vw

KNALLLER #12 Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12062 battles
Have Fun With the wheel of hell

Thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities ,,I,,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users