CDC

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

RangerCharlie75 #1 Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18100 battles
  • [USAV]

So on a whim, it was on sale, so I got it. Not sure why. 

I thought it was faster than this? It seems so when I play against them.

I like watching the suspension wheels moving across terrain...It's neat.

So now I need to learn how to play it.

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18696 battles
  • [JOCO]
Good luck. It’s a super difficult tank to master!

craig3999 #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25726 battles
  • [KENTS]
Its my go to silver earner (I have recently marked it and once you get the hang of it, its becomes great fun and you will get loads of silver).  When I first got it, in lasts years earn op I hated it as I was not very good in it most games.  Stick with it. It will pay off.

RangerCharlie75 #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18100 battles
  • [USAV]
OK, thanks.

P6X330 #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16168 battles
  • [AMXS]

I am (slowly) starting to get the hang of it....

I was making two big mistakes with this tank: one, I was playing it like a light, second, I was playing it like a heavy. Big mistake! huge!

This tank is neither one, and do not get mistaken by his "apparent" speed, or "good" gun; the only way you are going to farm damage and really be useful, is by playing it like a TD on 105 Octane, and maybe Coffee and Croissants. Then you get that mobility and take shots from afar while the enemy is totally unaware.

If you like, put optics and binos, camouflage, and run it with: BIA, SS, Camouflage, Green Thumb, Muffled shot, Silent Driving; stay away from brawling as you will be taken out in priority. Everybody will be shooting at you because everyone knows you have no armor!

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

RangerCharlie75 #6 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18100 battles
  • [USAV]

Makes sense. 

I was trying to play it like a heavy light

JaggedSine6 #7 Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15540 battles
I want to use mine but since I have the Liberte and no TT French tanks, I don't have much incentive. I keep saying I will give it a try once I have nothing else to do. The few times I've played, I totally got owned in it. Definitely requires careful playing.
Stats? We don't need no stinking stats.

P6X330 #8 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16168 battles
  • [AMXS]

As I was saying, once you start getting around the fact that it is a TD disguised into a medium, it will start to unravel. There are some examples on YouTube of what you can do with it, once you understood how to play it.

And it is a big Silver maker by the way.....

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

RangerCharlie75 #9 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18100 battles
  • [USAV]
I play my M51 as a TD and it works well. 

CafeMath72 #10 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 73516 battles

Don't use this tank as a tank destroyer, its stupid, the CDC is a pure medium tank with an outstanding mobility and good view range . Find a position,spot if no lights, fire, relocate, find a position, fire, relocate, and so on.

Don't be static too long even if you are not detected, find a friend to cover your back when you relocate, switch from one flank to another. Avoid contact until the end of the game, isolate and frag the remaining tanks. If you want to snipe, take a TD.

FYI ,my stats on this tank (58% Win rate -  480 battles played - 1700 Average damages - 1614 EFF - 3043 WN8), so I am not the best player in that tank but I think I know what I am talking about.

Tea-boi #11 Posted 06 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21023 battles

Block Quote

Avoid contact until the end of the game

Is not that being a sniper most of the game?

Not trying to be smart but I have been doing exactly as you profess but I still can't get consistent results. The problem I find with the tank is it's so easy to get spotted (especially on the small maps) and once spotted every Red will focus on you, I do it myself when I see one as it has nil armour. Any hit is guaranteed damage and anyone close will load HE.

Deus le Volt!

mockney_piers #12 Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10062 battles
  • [FILTH]

i played this a bit when i won it, i sucked really really badly.

Wayyy later I bought the STA-2 and love it. 

They're actually pretty similar, support mediums with 0 armour, decent enough pace and good gun depression.

Be sure to pop over the ridges, and if you're spotted wait, or check to see your target isn't staring at you.

Mind you, apart from the accuracy and horseower, STA-2 is basically better than the CDC in every respect *AND* gets pmm. It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world, as spencer tracy used to say.

P6X330 #13 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16168 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTea-boi, on 06 March 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Is not that being a sniper most of the game?

That is also my understanding!

Even if this tank has a relative agility, it is not mobile enough to be a true scout. Once you have accepted absolutely everything shooting at you will pen you, you have to be saving on your hit points, as we agree, the only way you are going to be useful, is by remaining alive.

Your gun allows you to stay further from the enemy, so I am going to work on my camouflage, green thumb, muffled shot, silent driving competences.

An example of what the tank is useful for, is on El Halluf. While all the heavies are in the middle of it on the North-West part of the map, you are able to go down in the valley and assist by shooting at those attempting the flank. With the usual precautions, as you may not be alone in having that same thought.

The real TD's may be able to provide protection there.

I also sometimes attempt to stay back from the engagement, unspotted, and attempt to immobilize the shoot/withdraw enemy tank.

But you know what, all that we are discussing is academical. What Tiers are we fighting, what tanks are we fighting, what type of battle, all these parameters are influencing what can be done. As you rightfully stated it, it is very difficult to get some kind of consistency in this tank.

I have 336 battles in the CdC, for 40.77% Victories; This is the worse medium stats of all my fleet. And it is going to take me a long time to come around.

mockney_piers #14 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10062 battles
  • [FILTH]

the 400m view range is really handy, and with optics makes for a decent spotter, but it shouldn't be played in a truly scouty fashion, it's not nippy or small enough to active scout well, and obviously likewise re passive scouting given it seemingly wanders around with a shining beacon attached.

However getting into early advanced positions and popping over ridges to get spots is very doable.

I then tend to fall back bit by bit until the cavalry arrives, at which point i'll go second line and support snipe.

I should definitely play it more to turn that stat blight around as its a tank i really enjoy now.

RangerCharlie75 #15 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18100 battles
  • [USAV]

Last night I had a Maushen coming at us and I plinked at it and tried to track it. No way to flank it and one of my fellow greens was killed by it and I got an earful about how I should have COD him.

Sorry, but no.

Tea-boi #16 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21023 battles
I had my best game in the CDC on El Halluf. By the middle of the game there was only myself in the CDC and a E75 left on the greens up against 10 remaining Reds. Somehow we pulled it back and won by killing all of them. There were a few one shots but still quite a feat. A red T34 found out the hard way just what a mountain goat the CDC is. I also run it with fuel and coffee. But haven't played it in a while now. I might roll it out for the France V Japan thing. I am really aiming at the AMX 30B 1er Proto now, hoping it might be the sweet spot for speed, gun and stealth.

Deus le Volt!

P6X330 #17 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16168 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostRangerCharlie75, on 07 March 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Last night I had a Maushen coming at us and I plinked at it and tried to track it. No way to flank it and one of my fellow greens was killed by it and I got an earful about how I should have COD him.

Sorry, but no.

Let them say!!!

One of the true advantage of the CdC is its relative mobility; do not wait for punishment... redeploy as soon as you enemies coming too close. Stealth' gunny is your name! I am trying to stay undetected as much as I can, and provide the best support possible.

I would not dare a CoD with a CDC. You do not have the speed to achieve it, and you offer such a large print that it will not go well, unless you CoD a Tiger with their slow turrets...

P6X330 #18 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16168 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTea-boi, on 07 March 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

I had my best game in the CDC on El Halluf. By the middle of the game there was only myself in the CDC and a E75 left on the greens up against 10 remaining Reds. Somehow we pulled it back and won by killing all of them. There were a few one shots but still quite a feat. A red T34 found out the hard way just what a mountain goat the CDC is. I also run it with fuel and coffee. But haven't played it in a while now. I might roll it out for the France V Japan thing. I am really aiming at the AMX 30B 1er Proto now, hoping it might be the sweet spot for speed, gun and stealth.

Coming back from a 10 to 2, this would have deserved a video! especially in a CdC!

Glad to read there will be people rooting French in the next battle. I am ready too...

I have unlocked the 30B premier prototype myself too, but have not yet made the purchase until I have unlocked all the packages with free XP. It is taking time. And what is not going to help, is I only have 1 well trained French crew. Maybe Is should purchase the bare tank, and start training the crew in my F224 AMX Chaffee?

Tea-boi #19 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21023 battles

Block Quote

I have unlocked the 30B premier prototype myself too, but have not yet made the purchase until I have unlocked all the packages with free XP

Same here, and/or a discount event.

Deus le Volt!

Tea-boi #20 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21023 battles

Well here it is, at one point it is 2 Greens V 10 Reds. Not my best game by any means but the best I have done in the CDC. At 10 V 2 I was thinking oh well another walk over best I might get is another couple of pens. But I just figured I would cover the E75’s rear since he was in a spot I thought they would have trouble digging him out of. Then he just was picking them off and I got a couple of one shots and suddenly it was 2 V 5. Then the adrenalin starts to pump as I start thinking maybe we can do this. But then a T32 and a T30 arrive at my door step but somehow I survive and we go on to get the remaining arties. The E75 carried it. But the ol CDC did it’s part. The fact is it was 2 V 10 and it ended up 2 V 0. No way I ever thought that a possibility, I know better now. https://youtu.be/BcYX_wBMUDg

Deus le Volt!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users