Thread.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Teffisk #21 Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16269 battles
  • [-CHF-]
I hate to say it, but it may have been too easy. Do leagues only match up against the same league or can anybody in ranked be matched up together?

HALLOWPOINT808 #22 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14690 battles
  • [PATS]
I agree, this was fun with great incentive to play :) , Thank you WG 

Kebabsaurus Rex #23 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15014 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I avoided this time due to the experience of last time but will definately check out next time :)

The1970Hooper #24 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7948 battles
  • [RATT]

​This was a better experience than last time. The scoring was better, any tweaking to be done, should be better recognition of the top three on a losing team, not much but a little would be nice. Had some great matches, even some losing battles were a slug fest to the bitter end. Lots of good messaging back and forth, which is always good to see.

​The thing I take away from this tournament is how much I still suck after 5 years of experience.

​I think I may require tutoring.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Cpt KYU #25 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16479 battles
  • [CHAI]
Didn’t play this time around, as was one of the frustrated during last years Fatherland Op. So I’ve been grinding my behind off in the time I have. Didn’t think I was missing much, before I knew they actually improved the whole experience. 

dcr66 #26 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22725 battles
  • [ONE]

View PostSPCCN, on 26 February 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

Ranks were meaningless as it only took a few games to play smart and get top rank. I would be surprised if you didn't make it to Grand Master.

To make life harder we will need to have the number of ranks that WoT PC and WoWS have, 20+. You start at the bottom and work your way up. Lower ranks require less stars/chevron/points to get thru and higher ones take much more. There are irrevocable ranks that come more often in lower ranks and they are far apart in higher ones. You get the rewards for that rank as soon as you reach it. Loosing skids will send you plummet down towards the last irrevocable rank in a hurry. The ranked battles (at least in WoWS) last for 4+ weeks, not sure about WoT PC but I like to think something similar. Usually a good bunch of people will be stuck around rank 10 at the end as the next irrevocable is at 6 and you need at least 4 stars per rank.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

Cyrex005 #27 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9525 battles
  • [BNKR]
I enjoyed the few matches I was able to play on the last day of them in my T57. Liked this go around compared to the last season I played.

JatemKaa #28 Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56472 battles
Sounds like the scoring system worked well this time. Hopefully they keep it, along with the war chest awards, when they do other tiers. Will try it at other tiers (currently don't own a tier 9 or ten - have several tens unlocked but never bought them. Finished about 9 - 10 tier 9s, but don't own any of then right now)

psmobius1 #29 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25025 battles
  • [USA1]

Yes, totally enjoyed this round of ranked and thank you WG for stepping up to the plate with the prizes and scoring. But as much as I hate to say it, they really did make it a bit too easy and I think they will quickly change it once they see how much they have to give away for free to the player base. In past events I was typically Platinum and Master league which was fine with me as I am only an average player and often play too aggressively and pay the price for it. But this time, I was able to reach the max level which I am very happy for but I am not a top level player. But, I will enjoy that 5 million silver, 30 days premium time, 10 war chests, and all those boost ops....Thank you WG :)

Also tagged with Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users