Equipment overhaul

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

IceFrogger1313 #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36088 battles
  • [IMTLS]
TLDR: Current equipment is boring. It offers little build variety (focus gun or focus vision) and little interplay with other part of the game.

Equipment needs to be rebalanced and added to so that every piece is a viable option, every tank has more interesting choices, and equipment has more interesting interplay with other parts of the game.

Equipment that are already well balanced, useful, and widely used:
  • Gun Rammer
    • -10% loading time.
  • Vertical Stabilizers
    • +20% to accuracy during movement and turret rotation.
  • Coated Optics
    • +10% to view range, up to a range of 500 m.
  • Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
    • +10% aiming speed.
  • Improved Ventilation
    • +5% to all crew skills
  • Camouflage Net
    • -25% to detection chance when the vehicle is stationary.
  • Binocular Telescope
    • +25% view range for a stationary vehicle is stationary up to 500 m.

Equipment that could be fixed with easy to understand tweaks:
  • Wet Ammo Rack 
    • Current: +50% ammo rack hit points.
    • New: +50% ammo rack hit points, Ammo rack no longer detonates. (Instead it will break like a gun and not allow firing until fixed.)
  • Enhanced Suspension:
    • Current: +20% protection from critical damage to tracks, +50% protection from non-tank collision damage.
    • New: +50% track hit points. (This drastically increases the difficulty to track a tank, from shooting, ramming, or falling damage.)
  • Cyclone Filter
    • Current: +50% engine hit points.
    • New: +50% engine hit points. Reduces engine fire damage and duration. (This would function exactly as the firefighting skills does but only apply to that type of fire. If the player already has the firefighting skill this would stack with it. If Firefighting drops fire damage 50% faster per stick stacking this with firefighting would drop damage 75% faster.)
  • Fill tanks with CO2
    • Current: + 50% Fuel tank hit points.
    • New: +50% fuel tank hit point. Reduces fuel tank fire damage and duration. (This would function exactly as the firefighting skills does but only apply to that type of fire. If the player already has the firefighting skill this would stack with it. If Firefighting drops fire damage 50% faster per stick stacking this with firefighting would drop damage 75% faster.)
  • Toolbox
    • Current: +25% repair speed.
    • New: +25% repair speed. Damaged modules will slowly repair themselves (at 1/4th the rate of a broken one).
  • Additional Grousers
    • Current: +10% performance on soft ground, +5% performance on moderately soft ground.
    • New: -50% performance penalty on soft and moderately soft ground. (This reduces the difference between the soft terrain resistance value and the hard terrain resistance value by half. Resists of 1,1.2,2.1 would become 1, 1.1, 1.55).
  • Spall Liner
    • Current: +X% to armor protection from ramming and explosions. +X% chance to protect crew from critical damage. (+20% Small, +25% Medium, +30% Large, +50% Superheavy)
    • New: 
      • Small: -50% to HE penetration chance. +10% protection from ramming and explosions. +50% chance to protect crew from critical damage.
      • Medium: -25% to HE penetration chance. +25% protection from ramming and explosions. +50% chance to protect crew from critical damage.
      • Large/Super Heavy: +50% to armor protection from ramming and explosions. +50% chance to protect crew from critical damage.

New equipment that would add build variety:
  • Extended Ammunition Rack
    • +25% higher ammunition capacity. (Rounded up).
  • Prototype Fuel Injection System
    • +10% horsepower.
  • High Precision Turret Bearings
    • +10% Turret rotation speed.
  • High Tensile Compression Springs
    • +10% Hull rotation speed. 
  • Removed speed Governor
    • +5 kph top speed.
  • Extra Storage Bins
    • Adds an extra consumable slot. Or first used consumable is usable a second time.
  • Fire Suppression System
    • -100% fire chance.
  • Advanced Technical Manuals (or Veteran Command Guidance)
    • +20% to crew qualifications up to 100%. Provides "Sixth Sense", "Eagle Eye", and "Repairs" (Does not stack with the crew skill).
  • Mine Plow
    • Decreases ramming damage to your vehicle by 10%, increases ramming damage to enemy vehicles by 20%. This equipment is only effective while your vehicle is in motion. This equipment is only effective at the front of your vehicle.

Elaboration and reasoning:

It is time for Equipment to have some changes. Equipment has remained static since release with no new additions and few changes. Equipment also offers almost negligible choice. For 90% of tanks the decision tree for picking it is the same:

1. If it can fit a Gun Rammer, do so.
  2. If it can fit Vertical Stabilizers, do so.
  3. If it is artillery, fit Enhanced Gun Laying Drive.
  4. If it is a sneaky, campy tank consider a camo net/binos.
  5. Finally choose between Improved Ventilation or Coated Optics. (Or both).

There are some other mostly niche builds, (spall liners for slow armored tanks, the three refundable bits for silver low players/pass-by tanks) dut deviations from this are mostly agreed to be sub-optimal builds Yes, there are some tanks that are exceptions. Almost half the equipment is near useless (i.e. wet ammo rack is used occasionally but on very few tanks and most knowledgeable players agree that it is still a worse choice than the above). Realistically there are only two builds for tanks, gun focused or vision focused. Looking at the skills we can sort them into few categories, Improves Gun (Rammer, EGLD, vStabs, Vents), Improves vision (Optics, Binos, Camo, Vents), Slightly mitigates weakness (Spall Liner, Wet ammo rack, Cyclone filter, CO2 filled tanks), Useless (Additional grousers, Enhanced suspension, Toolbox).Only two pieces of equipment (barely) improve mobility/agility (grousers/vents) and one is only available on a few tanks. No equipment has any significant interplay with consumables, ammo loadout, or module selection, and only small interactions with crew skills and other equipment. By this I mean your selection of crew skills, ammo, and consumables is unlikely to change based on your selection of equipment.

Seven pieces of equipment are already balanced, widely used, and don't need any changes: Gun Rammer, Vertical Stabilizers, Coated Optics, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Improved Ventilation, Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope.  The in game description for Binocular Telescope is not consistent with optics or camo net and should be fixed. Change Optics to: +10% view range, up to 500 m. Change Binos to: +25% view range while the vehicle is stationary, up to 500 m. Change Camo net to: -25% detection chance while the vehicle is stationary.

Five pieces of equipment are focused on mitigating a weakness of a tank: Wet Ammo Rack, Cyclone Filter, Fill tanks with Co2, Enhanced Suspension, Toolbox. These are largely used as few tanks need them and the benefits are not good enough to pick them over the other equipment. To this end I have added effects that make them desirable on tanks that have these weaknesses. They should also be useful for players who are annoyed by an aspect of the game and want to build around mitigating it (fire, track damage, ammo detonation). A desirable side effect of these builds is that they may allow players to forgo a fire extinguisher, or large repair kit etc thus offering greater variety. The Wet Ammo Rack allows people who hate having their ammo rack unexpectedly end a game to avoid that fate, they will still be left defenseless for a time (like a broken gun) and be left with a slow reload afterwards. Fill Tanks with Co2 should have the name changed to Co2 filled fuel tanks so it is named like a piece of equipment and not a procedure. Both Co2 Filled Fuel Tanks and Cyclone Filter should be made available to all (or most) tanks as an option. Both allow player to drastically mitigate the effect of fire on a battle at the cost of losing other beneficial equipment. Given the improvement of all the other equipment, maybe the enhanced firefighting effect should be made to apply to all kinds of fires. The toolbox is one of my favorite changes, it offers some of the functionality of PC reusable consumables without the immediate repair or the ability of the player to choose when. At the same time it allows the player to choose to run fewer or smaller repair kits.

Enhanced Suspension, the old description has a lesser effect, is not immediately clear what it means, and for some reason excludes ramming. The new version has a clear description, allows the player to use it for a ramming focus build (fun!) and is stronger. I think this one might be a bit too strong as I do not know the exact details of track damage/repair and the effects on tanks with strong tracks or tanks that are balanced around being tracked easily may be too great. Looking at the track hp values (PC) I can see that track hp doesn't have a huge variance between tank classes and seems to scale evenly with tank tier. Possibly this will need to be reduced in value or separated for different tanks or tank classes (Call it Enhanced Suspension, Reinforced Suspension, Armored Suspension like spall liners).

Additional Grousers has two major problems, first it is available on so few tanks it may as well not exist, second its effect is small enough that it is barely noticeable (possibly as a result of the added weight. Does equipment even weigh anything on console?). The fix for the first problem is obvious allow all/most tanks to equip it. This may require renaming it for other nations/tanks i.e. Rubberized tracks (for american tanks), or Swamp Gear, or Harsh Terrain Adaptations etc. The second problem is that the effect is far to small. A reduction to the penalty (difference between hard and soft/medium resists) also makes it more clear how it works. This greatly reduces the tanks performance on bad terrain which has always annoyed players. It would also be acceptable if the moderately soft ground bonus was less or not present at all (although that might case some tanks to have better soft resists than their moderate ones).

The Superheavy Spall Liner is already fine as it is and serves its intended purpose, but the smaller spall liners see very little use. The easiest change would be to bring all the spall liner sizes to have the same effect magnitude but this doesn't really solve the problem with light spall liner or most tanks medium spall liner: HE (mostly artillery) penetrations. The first change is to give all spall liners the same crew protection of 50%, this allows players to drop a med kit from their consumable if they wish to. The second change only applies to smaller lightly armored tanks, along with reduced explosion damage they also get a chance to not be penetrated by HE rounds (it would still explode causing non-penetration damage). I do think this will require some change to which tanks get medium/large/superheavy spall liners. For example the Borsig, Waffen IV, WTE100, Scorpion might have their balance upset if they had a significant chance to not be penetrated by HE rounds. Another way around this would be to change spall liners to be "Small/medium/Large Spall Liner" or "Lightweight/Standard/Heavy/Super Heavy" to differentiate the effects as needed.

Extended Ammunition Rack: +25% ammo capacity, people have been asking for this forever and it makes sense. Balancing tanks by giving them low ammo counts has always been a bad, unfun, and mostly ineffective idea. The addition of this equipment allows it to still be used as a balancing factor as now you are giving up a different piece of equipment as a choice instead of being forced to run out of ammo on longer games. The would help out players who have bad aim and players who like to frequently blind fire frequent hiding areas. I chose 25% as it seems to be the minimum amount of ammo to be effective for tanks that need it but isn't enough eliminate running out of ammo as a concern entirely. Yes, this flat percent would mean that some autoloaders would get a partial clip. I see two way to implement this. 1.) when equipped it increases the ammo capacity in a garage and the player has to then go and choose ammo. The extra ammo would need to be removed when the equipment is removed. 2.) The extra ammo is applied when the player enters a match. This could either be proportionally to how the player has ammo selected or just to the primary ammo of the tank (but would need to account for tanks like the KV-2 where HE is the primary ammo but not the first selection). I believe this equipment should also be free to unmount.

Advanced Technical Manuals +20% to crew qualifications up to a maximum of 100%. Provides "Sixth Sense", "Eagle Eye", and "Repairs" (Does not stack with the crew skill). The idea here is to give player who want to train a new crew or a crew in a new tank from 50% or 75% a chance to do so without the accompanying harsh penalties. It also provides some basic crew skills for new players and players training new skills. I choose the skills as they are useful basic skills that fit the name of the equipment but they are not good enough that more experienced players would be use this equipment with very good crews to get a bunch of free skills.

Prototype Fuel Injection System: +10% horsepower, functionally this is a removed speed governor consumable without the downside (and not limited to soviet/chinese). This is the first of a handful of mobility oriented equipment. I tried to balance them so that they could be chosen as an alternative to the current 'stack gun bonuses' meta. The first helps both tanks with low mobility to be able to move better but help tanks with high mobility move even better.

Removed Speed Governor: +5kph. This is a flat increase and does not increase the ability of a tank to reach that speed. However, it can be combined with other mobility equipment to either supplement already good mobility or mitigate terrible mobility. (Also, give RU251 back its zoom zoom!) Yes, there is already a consumable with the same name. I suggest changing the name of the consumable to High Temperature Fuel Additive as it fits the consumable theme better (as well as making more sense for the engine damage). 

High Tensile Compression Springs: +10% Hull rotation speed. You might think that this would be overpowered on some tanks but as it is percentage based that isn't the case. The largest increase is to the T71 CMDA which gains 6.5 degrees of rotation (71.5 total) and the lowest is to the Maus with gains 1.5 degrees (at a now blistering 16.5 the maus still turns slower than a T95 at 18). This adds a small degree of flexibility to tanks hindered by it and give tanks that want to focus on ramming build another option. E50 26 degrees ->> 28.6 degrees. Rampanzer 29 --> 31.9. It might give some artillery a better chance to shotgun but shotgunning artillery are already about to die and taking a skill that is only useful in a tiny portion of circumstances is probably not the best choice. Although it would make the FV304 and FV305 a but more fun to race around it.I realize the name doesn't really make sense with the ability but it sounds cool and I couldn't think of a better one.

High Precision Turret Bearings: +10% Turret rotation speed. This equipment fill two main purposes. First to allow slow  turning tanks to get on fast targets quicker. Second to allow tanks with a hull traverse faster than the turret traverse to be less annoying to drive (possibly because of the above equipment HTCS). 

Extra Storage Bins:  I thought a lot about this one. I really want to include it in some form as we are not getting the reusable consumables from PC but might be getting the artillery stun mechanic. This would be amazing if it was modeled on tanks that equipped it (probably to much work though). This piece of equipment should be allowed to be removed for free (I mean a few bins should be easy to strap on or pull off right?) Options:
  • Add an additional consumable slot. I like this one the best but worry this powercreeps improved ventilation by allowing the slot to be filled with food getting an extra +5%. That said with the new equipment I've suggested I think Improved Ventilation won't be a high priority choice anyway.
  • The first consumable used each battle is able to be used again. This is nice as it allows the player to mitigate something bad happening early in the battle.
  • The consumables in the first one/two slots are about to be used twice. This allows the player to choose what they want to be able to use twice. 1 slot is weaker than the above while 2 is probably slightly better.
  • Large kits become small kits when used. I dislike this option but maybe WG will like the increased incentive for players to use large expensive kits.

Advanced Fire Suppression System: -100% fire chance. Simply removes the chance for the tank to be set on fire. I think this is the weakest designed piece of equipment suggested here but cyclone filters and CO2 tanks might be too complicated for some players to understand. Or too weak not combined to match up to the rest of the equipment options.

Mine Plow: Decreases ramming damage to your vehicle by 10%, increases ramming damage to enemy vehicles by 20%. This equipment is only effective while your vehicle is in motion. This equipment is only effective at the front of your vehicle. This is basically a more offensively oriented version of the skill "controlled impact" and would stack with it and a spall liner for a ram oriented build. This kind of build will never be as effective as a gun focused build but it will be more fun! Extra bonus cool points if this gets modeled for tanks that have it equipped. I know that realistically Mine Plows were not used for ramming but tank on tank ramming virtually never happened at all and we already have a skill and equipment piece that mention it, so why not? It's a game and ramming is fun!

Side notes:
Half the in game equipment descriptions are formatted as "+XX% affectedStat" and the other half as "+XX% to affectedStat". Can this be made consistent by either adding a "to" into the missing ones or removing it from the ones with it?
The WoT Blitz equipment changes are dumb and reduce build variety not increase it.
The WoT PC 'enhanced equipment' is even dumber and is just a strictly better advantage for those that are good enough to grind for them.
Hopefully I'll get around to a consumables and crew skills overhaul sometime soon.

Edited by IceFrogger1313, 06 March 2018 - 03:15 AM.

G4A2 SANDHOG #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33418 battles
  • [NFTG]
Very good ideas. :medal: These would add a lot more variety to the gameplay IMO (to a point).

SigningPlains8 #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 85367 battles
  • [ADAPT]

Yes!  Well done. Much needed enhancements.

Game needs these additions to improve player experience across tank lines. Improved tank performance will make opponents less predictable. 

Meeting this list makes me wish we have a forth equipment slot. Having a forth piece of equipment would make this a whole new game.

CyberGopher #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16198 battles
Christ!  Well done!  I would love to see some of this.

Any game devs lurking out there?

Hire this person immediately.  He/she just put more thought into this game than most of YOU DO.
Minister of ducks

ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14630 battles

Very well thought out and some truly great suggestions and additions here. 

I’d probably use the Extended Ammo Rack for a couple of tanks. The Advanced Technical Manual would be great for premium tanks that you like to train raw crews in. The mine plow would be truly deadly on the Pz V/IV! 

I don’t necessarily think the Toolbox additions are needed (as I feel it is pretty balanced), BUT they would definitely be a welcomed addition to also repair damaged modules. 

killer etzi0 #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 50356 battles
  • [47R]
Cool ideas, how long did it take you to type this up?

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

LoganX891 #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22301 battles

View PostIceFrogger1313, on 27 February 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

+1. +100 if I could. One thing, perhaps I missed it. What about having external and internal slots? I've never been sure why Enhanced Suspension should take up the same slot a Gun Rammer might. Having three internal and two external slots would help a good bit.

LevelStream18 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11602 battles
Some interesting ideas, I wouldn't mind seeing them added. Console already has its own skills/perks that PC doesn't, so why not equipment too?

HybredXero #9 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27694 battles
  • [BULL]
If I could give you more than one +1 I would.  Good read, some really good ideas there.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

IceFrogger1313 #10 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36088 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 27 February 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Cool ideas, how long did it take you to type this up?

Typing and formatting it to look nice took about 90 minutes but I've had the ideas rolling around in my head for several months now.

View PostLoganX891, on 27 February 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

+1. +100 if I could. One thing, perhaps I missed it. What about having external and internal slots? I've never been sure why Enhanced Suspension should take up the same slot a Gun Rammer might. Having three internal and two external slots would help a good bit.

Not a bad idea but there is something to be said for keeping things simple. Having equipment separated into different slot type reduces the choice pool and that goes against what I'm trying to accomplish with increasing build diversity.

TwistedFate NA #11 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37842 battles
+1

MurphyMauler17 #12 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29961 battles
  • [IMTLS]

+1

Hopefully they implement these.

Gallant Prime #13 Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:17 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38441 battles
  • [47R]

Yes--totally agree that equipment needs to be changed up some--just tweaked a little and some new stuff.  I like most of your ideas--the fire suppression system seems redundant and too much.  Why would anyone use CO2 tanks?  Also would eliminate 2 crew perks effectively.  I would like to see more use of spall liner and I like your idea for it.  I also would like to see additional grousers a lot more--seems like it should naturally be pushed more.  I think your amount in this (and some others) is probably a bit much and I think a minor track health addition would make it more competitive--at least for the speeder tanks.  The extra storage bins sounds interesting, but it probably should be limited so that players cannot carry premium consumables, otherwise it would be way too much slanted toward veterans.

Also, I think the way the descriptions are written are directed more toward the greater advantage based on the math logic for the equipment.  Reducing a penalty is huge if your tank is penalized more, say movement for camo, but increasing effectiveness is only good when the base attribute is effective, so increasing its base camo

...when the camo is low is not effective.

Edited by Gallant Prime, 06 March 2018 - 05:26 AM.

IceFrogger1313 #14 Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36088 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostGallant Prime, on 04 March 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

the fire suppression system seems redundant and too much.  Why would anyone use CO2 tanks?  Also would eliminate 2 crew perks effectively. 

The fire suppression was intended as an alternative if it was determined that the CO2/cyclone filters were to complicated for the average player. I much prefer those two to it. As for it replacing crew perks, that is kind of the point. I want to see interplay where you can change your crew skills/equipment to make up for the other. In this case you could trade out those two crew perks for say clutch breaking/off road driving at the cost of not using one of the other probably better equipment pieces. 

The extra storage bins sounds interesting, but it probably should be limited so that players cannot carry premium consumables, otherwise it would be way too much slanted toward veterans.

I don't find this to be any different that the way that consumables are now. It is already possible to equip 2 of the same premium consumable, and a different 3rd premium consumable. AS the bonus for premium consumables don't stack for having multiple I don't think the extra slot will make much of a difference for players who would run all premium one already.

Also, I think the way the descriptions are written are directed more toward the greater advantage based on the math logic for the equipment.  Reducing a penalty is huge if your tank is penalized more, say movement for camo, but increasing effectiveness is only good when the base attribute is effective, so increasing its base camo

I'm not sure if this got cut off or what but I don't understand what you are getting at.

Gallant Prime #15 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38441 battles
  • [47R]

View PostIceFrogger1313, on 05 March 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this got cut off or what but I don't understand what you are getting at.

Umm...yeah getting old, tired, distracted, something.  I finished the thought above.

Edited by Gallant Prime, 06 March 2018 - 05:27 AM.

Gallant Prime #16 Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38441 battles
  • [47R]

View PostIceFrogger1313, on 05 March 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

I don't find this to be any different that the way that consumables are now. It is already possible to equip 2 of the same premium consumable, and a different 3rd premium consumable. AS the bonus for premium consumables don't stack for having multiple I don't think the extra slot will make much of a difference for players who would run all premium one already.

The advantage is that you no longer have to sacrifice the fire extinguisher to run food.  Or you can have your fire suppression system and then run small repair, large med, large repair, and food and be op as heck with enough skills on the crew with little silver penalty.  

Edited by Gallant Prime, 06 March 2018 - 05:33 AM.

Roger Stryker #17 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3347 battles

+1, more if I could.

Your ideas and the reasoning behind them all seems solid. Like you said, numbers may need adjusting here and there to preserve balance or minimize overpowering impact, but overall I think you've done a hell of a job coming up with all this.

If you're not satisfied with the 'accuracy' of the title you came up with for your hull turn rate suspension improvement, perhaps it should be considered a clutch/transmission improvement instead of a suspension improvement? It would still make sense mechanically, I believe, and might sound better than passing it off as an upgraded spring package. Maybe something along the lines of "Improved Clutch" or "Tuned Transmission", or maybe something to do with high-grade transmission fluid?

IceFrogger1313 #18 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36088 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostRoger Stryker, on 06 March 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

If you're not satisfied with the 'accuracy' of the title you came up with for your hull turn rate suspension improvement, perhaps it should be considered a clutch/transmission improvement instead of a suspension improvement? It would still make sense mechanically, I believe, and might sound better than passing it off as an upgraded spring package. Maybe something along the lines of "Improved Clutch" or "Tuned Transmission", or maybe something to do with high-grade transmission fluid?

Some variation of "Improved Clutch" would work but I didn't want the name to be close enough to the "Clutch Braking" skill to be confusing. I might use "High-grade Transmission Fluid" as a consumable name if/when I get around to doing a consumables post.

IceFrogger1313 #19 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36088 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostGallant Prime, on 06 March 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

The advantage is that you no longer have to sacrifice the fire extinguisher to run food.  Or you can have your fire suppression system and then run small repair, large med, large repair, and food and be op as heck with enough skills on the crew with little silver penalty.  

Now you are sacrificing the other equipment to run this piece instead. But that line of reasoning is the exact reason I came up with the "reuse the first consumable used" variation.

Gallant Prime #20 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38441 battles
  • [47R]

View PostIceFrogger1313, on 07 March 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Now you are sacrificing the other equipment to run this piece instead. But that line of reasoning is the exact reason I came up with the "reuse the first consumable used" variation.

​That's possible...but the ideas can't be too complicated.  People want easy to manage tanks/crews for the most part.  There is a lot of complexity I would like to add because I think it would add game depth, but then I realize many would get lost in those depths.  *sigh*  

But I hope WG considers what you have above--I would like some changeup in the equipment system at least.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users