WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ESL TOURNAMENENT ON PS4 ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

LaCozaNostra #1 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27221 battles
  • [B_O_B]

Today over 60 clans from ps4 couldn't participate in ESL TOURNAMENENT for some reasons. Clans had to wait nearly 2 hours for announcement that tournament has been cancelled because of the technician problems. It was JUST and ONLY SECOND ESL tournament on ps4 ever supported from WG right?? and still failed . Ps4 players/clans r desperate for seeking tournaments on ps4 stage . There's few guys on ps4 stage who trying to create some competition for example cplesport.com but yet again there is no support from WG whatever  as far as I know :) . Why???  Why WG doesn't support clans on ps4 ? Please understand my feedback as worrying about ps4 stage . Time to wake up WG before its gonna be too late

Kind regards 

Lacozanostra

cheatlIwin #2 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles
  • [ODH]

Thats bad news for teams who signed up for NA. We couldn' fill a roster for EU this time.

Seems to me ESL isn't' announced on the WoT Console News feed so Hard to tell how much of this community even knows about Organized Competitive play

J0zinzBaz1n #3 Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53357 battles
  • [-NA-]

It was a big fail, lot of people wasted their time. 

1. Did ESL integration break in the most recent update?

2. Will it be fixed before next tournament?

3. Why there is no info about ESL tournaments on FB page, forum or website?

Edited by JOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL, 05 March 2018 - 12:04 PM.

rocksteadysolid #4 Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]
ESL on PS4 is a recent development and as such still in development. unforseen bugs can happen all the time. In all fairness ESL on PS4 has progressed much futher much faster than it has for xbox ever. so please do not make a big fuss over the cancellation. ESL is still people running the show and they deserve some patience and respect. 

radoniu #5 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [1_DP]
Players also deserve respect

TemplarTurbo #6 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22107 battles
The NA tournament later in the day didn't seem to have any issues. The interface with PS4 is actually really slick with the match availability/joining/results all tying in really nicely with the PS4 notification system.

radoniu #7 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [1_DP]
Without players this game does not exist, for WG it's only new premium,New Premium, NEW PREMIUM,buy,Buy,BUY,

LaCozaNostra #8 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27221 battles
  • [B_O_B]

It's kinda shame that on multiplayer game like WOT there is no tournament whatever on PS4 . Funny things are that we PEOPLE trying our-self to create some competition/tournaemnts on ps4 . Big Five and Big thanks to them . For example thanks to rami95 , Drac_pl etc.  Thank u for taking your private time to set these tournaments . Very appreciate that. 

LaCozaNostra #9 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27221 battles
  • [B_O_B]
Please don't get this offensive as this is only my feedback/opinion 

LaCozaNostra #10 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27221 battles
  • [B_O_B]

View PostTVDL2000, on 05 March 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

ESL on PS4 is a recent development and as such still in development. unforseen bugs can happen all the time. In all fairness ESL on PS4 has progressed much futher much faster than it has for xbox ever. so please do not make a big fuss over the cancellation. ESL is still people running the show and they deserve some patience and respect. 

Please don't get this offensive as this is only my feedback/opinion  . Wot on ps4 exist good few years already and I my self playing from beginning quiet regularly and I can tell that lots of people asking me why there is an option to create a clan where this clan can't participate in any challenges at all

Sentience #11 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27965 battles
  • [ARROW]

So who at ESL do we forward our complaints to?

Specific to NA, we simply cannot field our best roster with a 8:45 PM EST Sunday start time.

People have work/school on Monday. These hours are unreasonable.

How to fix game balance in a nutshell: Click here.

How to fix Mercenaries in a nutshell: Click here.

How to keep history buffs happy: Click here.

How to make clans relevant again: Click here.

rocksteadysolid #12 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

First lieutenant

• WCL
  • 28347 battles
  • [-UNL-]

i actually am an ESL xbox staff member and i can forward any message to the appropriate staff members if need be, also for PS4 stuff obviously.

Edited by TVDL2000, 05 March 2018 - 06:28 PM.

Sentience #13 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27965 battles
  • [ARROW]

Ok. Please forward the following message:

1. Please move the PS4 NA Cup to a more reasonable hour, and preferably to Saturday. Per my previous note, the current timing prevents us from fielding our best rosters.

2. Please work with Wargaming to better advertise these events. There was no notification from any official WG channel of the recent series. Most of us learned through the PS4’s internal events page, within the week of the competition. This is simply too short notice.

3. Please clearly indicate in advance, which tiers, which maps and what prizes are available.

How to fix game balance in a nutshell: Click here.

How to fix Mercenaries in a nutshell: Click here.

How to keep history buffs happy: Click here.

How to make clans relevant again: Click here.

LaCozaNostra #14 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27221 battles
  • [B_O_B]

View PostTVDL2000, on 05 March 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

i actually am an ESL xbox staff member and i can forward any message to the appropriate staff members if need be, also for PS4 stuff obviously.

I appreciate that TVDL2000 . Did u heard about any clan wars coming on ps4 this year? Or should like look for a new game where I can play clan wars ?

ESLMenOfWar #15 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52 battles

Hello all,

I'm Jorge Silva, Community Manager at ESL, and I am one of the people involved into bringing you PS4 tournaments.

Last Sunday we encountered an issue in our European tournament, which resulted in all participants not being able to jump into the lobby after clicking the "Join Now" button in the match event page. We tried to locate the issue and fix it once we got the reports, but sadly we were unable to do it and it ended up in having to cancel the tournament. 

We were able to get the main developer behind the integration online later that day, and he was able to locate the issue and fix it until the NA tournament started. That's the reason why there were no issues in the NA tournament that day.

We communicated via email to all participants with the notice of the tournament cancellation and the reason behind it. We will try to improve this process in the future by reaching you out in more channels.

I'm sorry that your tournament experience last Sunday did not go as we intended. As a compensation, we are hosting an extra tournament for the European region this Friday at 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT). Everyone is invited to participate there.

Our weekly tournaments continue this Sunday in Europe and North America.

Hope to see you next Friday and/or Sunday!

Cheers!

ESL Community Manager | @ESLMenOfWar

Sheyrd #16 Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22661 battles
  • [NOPE]
NA cup #8 today didn't happen 0 teams played.  One reason is we didn't get notification to get ready for check in.  And also did not get an update about the new start time.  However we did get an update that we failed to check in when check in closed.  Please give us better notification especially when the time changes not one during the week leading to the tournament.

Tony-Wittmann-SS #17 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25359 battles
  • [VN3NO]

View PostLaCozaNostra, on 04 March 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Today over 60 clans from ps4 couldn't participate in ESL TOURNAMENENT for some reasons. Clans had to wait nearly 2 hours for announcement that tournament has been cancelled because of the technician problems. It was JUST and ONLY SECOND ESL tournament on ps4 ever supported from WG right?? and still failed . Ps4 players/clans r desperate for seeking tournaments on ps4 stage . There's few guys on ps4 stage who trying to create some competition for example cplesport.com but yet again there is no support from WG whatever  as far as I know :) . Why???  Why WG doesn't support clans on ps4 ? Please understand my feedback as worrying about ps4 stage . Time to wake up WG before its gonna be too late

Kind regards 

Lacozanostra

Totally agree with you Bro. 

"Diferentes Nacionalidades, un mismo Clan".

[Division Elite Veneno]

donny007-THX #18 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22905 battles
I want to play in these tournaments but so far it has been difficult to get a full side to commit to participate.  Is there any kind of standby mode or a way to get involved if you don’t have a full team?
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

choppermeir #19 Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9870 battles
  • [FILTH]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 07 May 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

I want to play in these tournaments but so far it has been difficult to get a full side to commit to participate.  Is there any kind of standby mode or a way to get involved if you don’t have a full team?

I second this, would love to tryy hand at some comp on ps4, is there any discords or anything to join?

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

ZeMajor #20 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37699 battles
  • [P-R-K]

View Postrocksteadysolid, on 05 March 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

only respect for players and fireman.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users