Came up short on earning the Fatherland, but was unable to log into Xbox live on the last day of the...

Core services Fatherland

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ConroyJR #1 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]

I was determined to aquire the enormous amount of xp to earn the Fatherland tank but despite playing any chance I could and also buying and using about (20) 3x Xp boosters, I came up short. But on the last day of the event there was an issue for many xbox players with logging into our account. I won't really know for sure if the time lost would have been enough to close the gap but it's not for lack of trying or even spending some ching to reinforce my efforts that I fell short. 

With all that, I do feel a little bitter about the whole thing and I would feel much better if I was able to still get the Fatherland reward package somehow even if I was just offered it in exchange for a little gold. At a steap discount of course for the effort and time and capital that I have already expended.

Is there any way to check out if someone else with the ability to make it right could check on my efforts to see I am telling the truth and possibly agree with my opinion and ultimately help save a fan of this game before this sour feeling ferments too long and ruins it for me?

Haukkis #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34518 battles

View PostConroyJR, on 05 March 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

I was determined to aquire the enormous amount of xp to earn the Fatherland tank but despite playing any chance I could and also buying and using about (20) 3x Xp boosters, I came up short. But on the last day of the event there was an issue for many xbox players with logging into our account. I won't really know for sure if the time lost would have been enough to close the gap but it's not for lack of trying or even spending some ching to reinforce my efforts that I fell short. 

With all that, I do feel a little bitter about the whole thing and I would feel much better if I was able to still get the Fatherland reward package somehow even if I was just offered it in exchange for a little gold. At a steap discount of course for the effort and time and capital that I have already expended.

Is there any way to check out if someone else with the ability to make it right could check on my efforts to see I am telling the truth and possibly agree with my opinion and ultimately help save a fan of this game before this sour feeling ferments too long and ruins it for me?

​Those xp boosters wouldn't help in Earn Ops. It's basically your own fault to not finish this Operation in time. 400,000 xp was easy to earn in two weeks of time, possibly in several days if you had lots of high tier tanks in your garage.

PATRIOTICxTBro #3 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15252 battles

View PostHaukkis, on 05 March 2018 - 06:01 AM, said:

​Those xp boosters wouldn't help in Earn Ops. It's basically your own fault to not finish this Operation in time. 400,000 xp was easy to earn in two weeks of time, possibly in several days if you had lots of high tier tanks in your garage.

inb4 “I have a life and job blah blah blah”

SquizzM3 #4 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5091 battles
  • [TVR4]

The only XP “bonuses” that counted were Premium Time, your Daily x2 First Wins and any XP Bonus granted by Premium Tanks. 

So the 20 or so bonus Ops didn’t help you sorry. 

Witness the Sh!tness...

ConroyJR #5 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]

View PostHaukkis, on 05 March 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

It seemed like it was counting the additional xp when I used the ops, but maybe I am mistaken about that. I appreciate your input on this, of course you will understand if I disagree with your point of view though. 

There are a couple things that you wrote that I find hard to determine exactly where you stand on those things because the words you use are of opinion and can be interpreted with a wide range of values, I'm referring to your statement about it being easy. As for easy for some people is not easy for others because that's a matter of opinion, not fact. The next thing is "lots of high-tier tanks in your garage". How many does it take to count as "Lots"? Is it 3, more than 3, 6 dozen? not sure and finally where is the line for high-tier? is it simply tear 10 or tiers 8 9 and 10 or do you include 7 as well because it makes a difference as to how many high-tier tanks somebody would have in the garage depending on which tears you are actually referring to

But in summary, i disagree with you but also I don't have a lot of high here tanks and my garage and I did not think that earning the Fatherland was very easy

ConroyJR #6 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]

View PostSquizzM3, on 05 March 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

The only XP “bonuses” that counted were Premium Time, your Daily x2 First Wins and any XP Bonus granted by Premium Tanks. 

So the 20 or so bonus Ops didn’t help you sorry. 

yes, that's unfortunate but that was only revealed by me to get a singks point across, which was that I really was determined to finish it. Not so much to show that I made a mistake by purchasing and using them .

My issue is concerning the inability to sign in to Xbox live for a period of time on the final day and even when finally signing in, needing to wait even longer to connect to wot servers. The down time that occurred during this time being enough time to make up the xp that I was short after all.

Yes I suppose it was a mistake wasting money on the xp booster ops but my point is still valid, if not evem more so knowing that I spent that money in vain.

Coupdeteat #7 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30575 battles
  • [HIRAM]

I hate to say it but I highly doubt you’ll be getting any compensation in your situation. It was not wot fault Xbox live was down, and as far as a discount for coming close, that has never happened. 

If they were to bend rules every time something outside of the company went wrong, that is all they would spend their time doing. For instance, the amount of times people have asked for extensions because of internet, or travel issues is numerous. 

Dont let it put you off to the game, the time they don’t spend on things like this is the time spent dealing with actual gameplay issues and improving wot. 

Good luck on the field...

ConroyJR #8 Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 05 March 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

I hate to say it but I highly doubt you’ll be getting any compensation in your situation. It was not wot fault Xbox live was down, and as far as a discount for coming close, that has never happened. 

If they were to bend rules every time something outside of the company went wrong, that is all they would spend their time doing. For instance, the amount of times people have asked for extensions because of internet, or travel issues is numerous. 

Dont let it put you off to the game, the time they don’t spend on things like this is the time spent dealing with actual gameplay issues and improving wot. 

Good luck on the field...

Thanks for that, I'll try to not lrt it get to me. I appreciate your help.

ConroyJR #9 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]
Let's just say I wanted to appeal to the powers-that-be wood this forum be the outlet to do so? Was I right to post here to have my plight heard?

deadman1921 #10 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29293 battles
  • [-STO-]

View PostConroyJR, on 05 March 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Let's just say I wanted to appeal to the powers-that-be wood this forum be the outlet to do so? Was I right to post here to have my plight heard?

No. You would probably need to go through support. You’re not going to find much sympathy in forums. A lot of people missed it due to various rl events. Sorry man. They may if you couldn’t log in but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. 

They will probably offer it again as this was the second time it’s been an award. 

I missed it the first time but got it this time. I was not happy at all with the first “lottery” OP we had but I didn’t try and convince them to hook me up. I ground it out over the last weekend and got it 22 hours before the OP ended. My brother was almost there too but missed it also. He’s upset over it but that’s just how it worked out. 

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Coupdeteat #11 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30575 battles
  • [HIRAM]

This is a good place to ask if it’s a reasonable request, although the feedback may vary. 

If you have an issue you can submit a ticket, and personal attention will be paid to that,but you only get 3 of those annually. People generally use them to deal with getting premium tanks returned or issues such as this that people my want to challenge. 

That’s the best of my understanding on the issue, hope that helps. 

MASHMAN 90 #12 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37331 battles
i'd ask support firstly but Max Chaos is a good place to start for checking progress :)

ConroyJR #13 Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9588 battles
  • [DADS]

Thanks for all the feedback! Lots of good advice and I welcome criticism because it's usually hard to see past my own little existence, and sometimes we all need to be reminded whom revolves around something, idk. But thanks for all the replies .

See you out there!

Also tagged with Core services, Fatherland

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users