Thread.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Xenith_Inc #21 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6827 battles

View PostBigWahala, on 07 March 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

If you have more than 5000 battles, you should be restricted to the amount of tier 1-3 games you can play each month

MM decided by WN8?

<1000 = +1/-1

1000 - 2000 = +2/-2

2000 - 3000 = +3/-2

3000+ = +4/-2

It does nothing to high tiers, but people clubbing new players in tier 3 tanks suddenly have to face tier 7's.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

Xenith_Inc #22 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6827 battles

View Postbux1303, on 07 March 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Why should new players be specially treated! We had to go the hard way as well! 
No matter if you started on PC or console. The new players even have the opportunity to play and learn on the console. 
Everyone who plays WoT also has internet and can, like us (the old school) in the internet make smart with regard to weak spots, camouflage, sight, etc.

That's why I say "NO" to this topic. 

Those who want to learn can do it without a newbie protection.

You sound like a baby boomer.

Just because you had to suffer doesn't mean others should.

My YouTube Channel

LacqueredBacon #23 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33636 battles

Another idea to help with the tier V situation:

What if tier V is split into tier V-A and tier V-B?

Both tier V-A and tier V-B are the exact same tank.  However, the difference is that tier V-A cannot research the tier VI tank but it gets PMM.  It also cannot be elited and it does not accrue any additional experience (for conversion) or free experience.  You can play it but the player has no real incentive to keep it other than learning the game.

Also, it would there would be no penalty to switch the crew from the tier V-A to the tier V-B version of the tank.

A new player can use that V-A tank to help learn what is going on without being thrown the wolves.

SpartanFire71 #24 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23738 battles

View PostXenith_Inc, on 07 March 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Oh ho ho no. 100k each for the first 4 skills. 200k each for the next 4.

If you move up a tier immediately every time you elite a tank, you don't start levelling perks/skills until about level 5 where you need about 40 - 50k XP to elite the tank. You then go into tier 6 with a 75% crew with 15% repairs, leaving you massively unprepared.

EDIT:

I went back to tier 4 for the On Track: China event. Free XP'd to the M5A1 Stuart.

It took 29 games in that tank pulling super uni stats, to go from 75% trained to 18% Camo. This was with an on track op and string theory. That's averaging 1500XP a game. When I was new I probably averaged under 500XP per game. I can look at my LOLTraktor stats. 23 games, average damage 32. M2Medium - 19 games, average damage 76.

A new player getting 400XP per game needs to play over 300 games in the same tier 4 tank before they get the 125k XP needed to 100% a skill. It's frustrating.

Even a crew XP modifier per tier would do wonders. 

Ah, good points.  I just hated mid tiers as a new player, so dropping back down worked for me.  Yes, I had much experience during Czech line start and ran 60 battles at tier 2 with great success a new player would not have.  

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

kill2chilll #25 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 47567 battles
A simple solution would be to penalize seal clubbers for playing lower tiers. For example , if your Wn8 is over a 1000 you would only see bottom tier at tier four and below, so the guy in a skilled up Matilda isn't battering noobs in tier threes which can't touch him,  the  stats would not be recorded on your account to prevent stat padding kds etc, increased cost for ammo and reduced exp available as many experienced players rank up skills in lower tier premiums.  All of these would reduce the attrativeness of battering new players.

SpartanFire71 #26 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23738 battles

View Postbux1303, on 07 March 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

No matter if you started on PC or console. The new players even have the opportunity to play and learn on the console. 
Everyone who plays WoT also has internet and can, like us (the old school) in the internet make smart with regard to weak spots, camouflage, sight, etc.

I learned getting beat up and exploring information, but "no" is not the answer.  There was an article recently about how the US Army is having to adjust fitness and health training and testing as the population growing umhealthy which is limiting quality recruits to meet the requirements.  The trends show fewer and fewer possible recruits.  This is similar in that the game needs new players (recruits) for longevity, and the low tier is a mess with few players.  Mid tiers are worse on the new player.  Those that start now have it different than I did in Jan of 2016 as the new player base was hugh and we went through growing pains together.

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

TheDeadTANKer #27 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24033 battles

The biggest issue I see at lower tiers is the lack of players in tiers I, II, and III.   There simply aren't enough players in the que at lower tiers most of the time for an enjoyable player experience.

Play tier III and your either bottom most games games or are in 7v7 battles. 

Edited by TheDeadTANKer, 07 March 2018 - 12:56 PM.

Zxyphos #28 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]
A few weeks ago, I played Proving Grounds and went from a tier one to a tier four in no time at all--thus, avoiding grinding in public matches and avoiding the "seal clubbers" altogether. It's a luxury available to all newer players, a luxury I never had. As, sadly, when I started this wasn't an option. Newer players have options I, and many others, never had. So, forgive me if I lack empathy. 

R35T NO MORE #29 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15758 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostJodmeister, on 07 March 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Need to reduce equipment costs on low tier tanks; getting camo/binocs etc are often vastly more expensive than the tank itself, and new players have very little silver.

This is true. Perhaps WG could lower the cost or even give each new account a set amount of equipment tokens that could be used for equipment, with more expensive parts using more tokens. Once a player uses up those tokens than that's it they are gone. Although WG could use them as rewards for daily or weekly ops. Would be more useful than current rewards. 

There's been alot of good ideas posted. I agree that the Rampanzer should see a nerf, it has far too much hp. 

R35T NO MORE #30 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15758 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostRarefication, on 07 March 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

A few weeks ago, I played Proving Grounds and went from a tier one to a tier four in no time at all--thus, avoiding grinding in live matches. It's a luxury available to all newer players. Sadly, when I started this wasn't an option. Newer players have options I, and many others, never had. So, forgive me if I lack empathy. 

Newer players likely have no idea that pve is a viable option. There's also the issue that, empathy or not, we don't seem to be getting enough people sticking with the game, and that poses a threat to its lifespan. 

Zxyphos #31 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 07 March 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Newer players likely have no idea that pve is a viable option. There's also the issue that, empathy or not, we don't seem to be getting enough people sticking with the game, and that poses a threat to its lifespan. 

I wouldn't dispute that. Sadly, if newer players realized just how easy it was to grind up a few tiers in PG, more players might be sticking around. I started a brand new nation when I started the Japanese heavies, and there was no way in hell I was grinding those lower tiers in public matches. So, I'm sure plenty of newer players, unaware of the PG option, are probably quitting. 

R35T NO MORE #32 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15758 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostRarefication, on 07 March 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

I wouldn't dispute that. Sadly, if newer players realized just how easy it was to grind up a few tiers in PG, more players might be sticking around. I started a brand new nation when I started the Japanese heavies, and there was no way in hell I was grinding those lower tiers in public matches. So, I'm sure plenty of newer players, unaware of the PG option, are probably quitting. 

WG could do with directing new players toward it an option then, and highlight why it would be wise and that it would ease them into the controls and aiming etc, which would be good. Like you say it's a feature we didn't have and it does have uses. The flipside of that is we would run the risk that they will get to tier 5 with no pvp experience at all though and when they get butchered they quit there. Alot do that already tbh though, tiers 3, 5 and 8 were the tiers most people quit the game at. 

Rusted Rails #33 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11322 battles
It seems to me that the new casual player is of a different mind set from us older players, hand held devices have changed long term gaming interests into immediate gratification experiences.  WoT is a marathon compared to most games offered and the modern gamer who likes tank games are special.:playing:. So ​changing this game is too costly at this time in its evolution to appease new players..what we have is a lack of communication with new players..So better communication is my recommendation..That should be within WG's budget?

TheDeadTANKer #34 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24033 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 07 March 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

WG could do with directing new players toward it an option then, and highlight why it would be wise and that it would ease them into the controls and aiming etc, which would be good. Like you say it's a feature we didn't have and it does have uses. The flipside of that is we would run the risk that they will get to tier 5 with no pvp experience at all though and when they get butchered they quit there. Alot do that already tbh though, tiers 3, 5 and 8 were the tiers most people quit the game at. 

I think for most new players nowadays its better for them to get to tier V asap and grind crews and hone their skills there.  They will struggle but I believe far less then staying at tier III where they are likely to be bottom tier much more often then at tier V

Salty_Tanker #35 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20520 battles
  • [GUARD]
Console tanks is way easier for newbs  than PC tanks . 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

LacqueredBacon #36 Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33636 battles

View PostRarefication, on 07 March 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

A few weeks ago, I played Proving Grounds and went from a tier one to a tier four in no time at all--thus, avoiding grinding in public matches and avoiding the "seal clubbers" altogether. It's a luxury available to all newer players, a luxury I never had. As, sadly, when I started this wasn't an option. Newer players have options I, and many others, never had. So, forgive me if I lack empathy.

For me, this is admittedly a selfish exercise.  Their enjoyment, and therefore willingness to continue, will benefit me directly as I would like to continue playing and that needs opponents.

PvE, for me, is not a viable option for player retention in any event.  Doing well in a PvE has no translation to public matches.  A matter of fact, it might result in lower retention because of the differences between the two modes.

Xenith_Inc #37 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6827 battles

View PostRarefication, on 07 March 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

So you, as someone with 16k games, find proving grounds easy?

Have you considered that the PG bots have higher WN8 than most new players? Multiplayer is actually easier than PG when starting out. Some of the War Stories missions are very very difficult to complete in stock tanks provided. 

My YouTube Channel

westmech #38 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13322 battles
  • [LITE]

Get rid of the useless mini game and replace it with a better more in depth tutorial that's accessible right from the main title screen. 

I think they should restrict tier 1-3 to players with >5000 battles. By the time you hit 5K battles you will have invested enough time to have higher tiered tanks and have a basic understanding of the game. So some veterans might be upset about being locked out of lower tiers and they will get over it. If we lose veteran tankers due to the fact they can't club the newbies then so be it. Refund the gold for any premium tanks that may be taken away. 

I think they should give the first four crew perks by the time you hit tier 4. Attempt to level the playing field a little bit. We know perks make a difference. Maybe even force them to have the certain perks, like BIA, SS, Repairs, track mechanic, but allow them to change them to whatever they want once they hit tier 4 or 5. 

I think it would help if they changed the speech lines the tank commander says. If you are getting smashed and you are out in the open he should  maybe coach the player saying lines  like "Find some cover, we are too exposed" or "Get this tank behind cover now!" If you get shot in the butt the commander should say "They are flanking us, dig in!" I know some speech lines are similar, but maybe it should be more commanding. We tune them out, but new tankers are listening intently. Toggle the speech options in the menu from "Classic" to "Bossy".

steelheadclan #39 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15076 battles
  • [REAL]

View Postbux1303, on 07 March 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

Yea!

they can suffer and cry with the rest of us!

they should promote war stories to newer players. 

As boring as is is to me it’s still a great place to learn and practice the basics. 

I go there to practice my aiming and angles on new tanks. 

Zxyphos #40 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 07 March 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

I could very well be wrong, but I feel once a player gets to a mid tier, they are most likely a bit more invested in the game. Thus, less likely to quit as easily. I have no data to back that up, but it just seems logical. I'm not suggesting grinding up an entire line in PG, but just the first few tiers to avoid being seal clubbed, etc. 

Also tagged with Thread.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users