ps4 esl tournaments

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

ESLMenOfWar #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52 battles

Hello all,

ESL is hosting weekly Eu and NA tournaments on PS4 every Sunday. You can find the tournaments by going to your PS4 console > events > Games > World of Tanks. You must be part of Europe or NA in order to see those tournaments.

The tournament flow is completely automatic. All the steps you need to take in order to play can be found in the tournament overview.

We are aiming to expand into more regions in the future, so if you are from a different region and you want to see tournaments there, feel free to post it in the comments and I will try to deliver some tournaments there.

Follow our social media channels to not miss any ESL World of Tanks tournaments:

https://twitter.com/ESLWoT

https://www.facebook...l.worldoftanks/

Good luck and have fun playing in our tournaments!

EDIT: based on feedback about the maps, we have checked the map stats in X and decided to remove the following maps from the pool due to high win rate (55%+ based on the tier 7 and 8) in one of the sides:

• Mines
  • Winterberg
  • Siegfried Line
  • Sand River
  • Erlenberg
  • Himmelsdorf
  • Steppes
  • Lakeville

Edited by ESLMenOfWar, 08 March 2018 - 04:06 PM.

ESL Community Manager | @ESLMenOfWar

Coldblooded_Max #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43815 battles
  • [ARROW]

Please start the NA sever earlier or have it on Saturday night  you will get more ppl into it. If you don't nobody wants to be up all night gaming then dragging a$$ at work on Monday.  Mondays are hard enough. Alot of our clan mates and my friend's on the PS4 are not doing it because of it.

I started this because of the bad start to EU#2 but you can see want it quickly turn into.   

http://forum-console...ps4-tournament/

Ps 

Get WG PR to get it on the console page so more ppl can see it

swamp_fox_009 #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18865 battles
  • [ODH]
Why set these up to run on late Sunday night, the work week in the states typically runs Mon - Fri. Saturday would be a better day. Start times could also be earlier. You will get more participation having more reasonable days/start times. 

ESLMenOfWar #4 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52 battles

View PostMADMAX_1980_, on 07 March 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Please start the NA sever earlier or have it on Saturday night  you will get more ppl into it. If you don't nobody wants to be up all night gaming then dragging a$$ at work on Monday.  Mondays are hard enough. Alot of our clan mates and my friend's on the PS4 are not doing it because of it.

I started this because of the bad start to EU#2 but you can see want it quickly turn into.   

http://forum-console...ps4-tournament/

Ps 

Get WG PR to get it on the console page so more ppl can see it

View Postswamp_fox_009, on 07 March 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Why set these up to run on late Sunday night, the work week in the states typically runs Mon - Fri. Saturday would be a better day. Start times could also be earlier. You will get more participation having more reasonable days/start times. 

​Thanks. I will take the feedback into consideration and make the changes accordingly.

EDIT: We have changed the start time and day of the next tournament to Saturday, 1 PM PST/ 4 PM EST. Hope this is better for you!

Sadly I cant post in the main post yet, since I require 50 battles for it. I am on it to get them, but wont be able to finish today.

Edited by ESLMenOfWar, 07 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.

HavocsKeeper #5 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 31538 battles
  • [KAPPA]

So now the ESL PS4 NA tournament is set for 4pm EST on Saturday? I know not every time is going to suit every player, but I think Saturday evening is much better than the daytime. Most people have obligations during the day with family and many people still work on Saturdays, as I do. I am already seeing half of my team to pull out because the tournament is too early on Saturday. I really hope you can reconsider this to be Saturday nights after 7pm EST, like the first WC PS4 tournament was...

Also, has anyone discussed the fact that Console WG and ESL did not produce any rewards for the last ESL tournament on March 4th? Basically, WG had no idea there was even a tournament on ESL. My team is asking about rewards for winning, and I have no good answers.

Thanks.

signature.png

Coldblooded_Max #6 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43815 battles
  • [ARROW]

So i need some more help i have a team with 20 member in it how can some one make a 2nd team out of that or can we?

We have a team on the website but can't get a subteam started.

ESLMenOfWar #7 Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52 battles

View PostHavocsKeeper, on 07 March 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

So now the ESL PS4 NA tournament is set for 4pm EST on Saturday? I know not every time is going to suit every player, but I think Saturday evening is much better than the daytime. Most people have obligations during the day with family and many people still work on Saturdays, as I do. I am already seeing half of my team to pull out because the tournament is too early on Saturday. I really hope you can reconsider this to be Saturday nights after 7pm EST, like the first WC PS4 tournament was...

Also, has anyone discussed the fact that Console WG and ESL did not produce any rewards for the last ESL tournament on March 4th? Basically, WG had no idea there was even a tournament on ESL. My team is asking about rewards for winning, and I have no good answers.

Thanks.

I also got more feedback regarding the start time. I have changed it to later in the day now.

Thanks for providing such information, it helps me understand the community and make better decisions in the future.

View PostMADMAX_1980_, on 07 March 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

So i need some more help i have a team with 20 member in it how can some one make a 2nd team out of that or can we?

We have a team on the website but can't get a subteam started.

Go to your team page, at the bottom you have Team Control Center, and then there you have the option to register sub teams.

Edited by ESLMenOfWar, 08 March 2018 - 01:41 PM.

Tony-Wittmann-SS #8 Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25481 battles
  • [VN3NO]

View PostESLMenOfWar, on 07 March 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Hello all,

ESL is hosting weekly Eu and NA tournaments on PS4 every Sunday. You can find the tournaments by going to your PS4 console > events > Games > World of Tanks. You must be part of Europe or NA in order to see those tournaments.

The tournament flow is completely automatic. All the steps you need to take in order to play can be found in the tournament overview.

We are aiming to expand into more regions in the future, so if you are from a different region and you want to see tournaments there, feel free to post it in the comments and I will try to deliver some tournaments there.

Follow our social media channels to not miss any ESL World of Tanks tournaments:

https://twitter.com/ESLWoT

https://www.facebook...l.worldoftanks/

Good luck and have fun playing in our tournaments!

EDIT: based on feedback about the maps, we have checked the map stats in X and decided to remove the following maps from the pool due to high win rate (55%+ based on the tier 7 and 8) in one of the sides:

• Mines
  • Winterberg
  • Siegfried Line
  • Sand River
  • Erlenberg
  • Himmelsdorf
  • Steppes
  • Lakeville

Hi, and i would like to thank you guys for doing this for the PS4 community, you can be sure is very appreciated what you guys doing!!!

see ya at the tournaments please make sure all people who are involved on doing this gets the message you guys rock!

just one thing IF is possible, on the waiting time when both teams are ready.

can the time be a little shorter from 15 min waiting to 10 or 5..?

once again thanks!!

"Diferentes Nacionalidades, un mismo Clan".

[Division Elite Veneno]

Tony-Wittmann-SS #9 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25481 battles
  • [VN3NO]

View PostHavocsKeeper, on 07 March 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thanks.

Make sure your team is there, we hope to fight you guys again.

"Diferentes Nacionalidades, un mismo Clan".

[Division Elite Veneno]

Coldblooded_Max #10 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43815 battles
  • [ARROW]
I hope this is the last change for this one my god it is a headache to get a team for a sat time and date but then change it 3x within a week idk it i have it in me to do this again  

Coldblooded_Max #11 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43815 battles
  • [ARROW]
Can you and scorpion pass to the list of map not to be in the tournament. I would hate to try and play that map in a 7vs7

ToxicBullbog #12 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20038 battles

Just wondering why you chose to go with Encounter mode? It doesn't offer much in the way of strategy as most maps just turn into a scrappy brawl.

Standard mode on maps like Prok, Cliff, Himmels, Mines, Ensk, Ghost town would be far more competitive. Which is why that's the setup in WoT PC strongholds and events that don't use 2 Flag assault.

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

ESLMenOfWar #13 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52 battles

View PostTonyTapia_10, on 08 March 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Hi, and i would like to thank you guys for doing this for the PS4 community, you can be sure is very appreciated what you guys doing!!!

see ya at the tournaments please make sure all people who are involved on doing this gets the message you guys rock!

just one thing IF is possible, on the waiting time when both teams are ready.

can the time be a little shorter from 15 min waiting to 10 or 5..?

once again thanks!!

Sorry for the late reply. 15 minutes is the default and its something we always used in all ESL tournaments. It's the best fit in our tournaments that gives time for teams to join the matches.

View PostDsG_AngryBullbog, on 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Just wondering why you chose to go with Encounter mode? It doesn't offer much in the way of strategy as most maps just turn into a scrappy brawl.

Standard mode on maps like Prok, Cliff, Himmels, Mines, Ensk, Ghost town would be far more competitive. Which is why that's the setup in WoT PC strongholds and events that don't use 2 Flag assault.

Encounter is the mode that we found resulting in less problems (such has, for example, draws). We feel like other modes encourage camping, and that is something we do not like to see in our tournaments, because camping is boring.

ToxicBullbog #14 Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20038 battles

View PostESLMenOfWar, on 13 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Sorry for the late reply. 15 minutes is the default and its something we always used in all ESL tournaments. It's the best fit in our tournaments that gives time for teams to join the matches.

Encounter is the mode that we found resulting in less problems (such has, for example, draws). We feel like other modes encourage camping, and that is something we do not like to see in our tournaments, because camping is boring.

I haven't dealt with camping in competitive event before, as teams know ties lead to rematches.

I would think the use of dual flag assault as it is the mode designed just for competitive would be great but each match would have to be a best of three.

It seems like a poor reason to use encounter battles, you could also use dual flag assault but each round wo

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

choppermeir #15 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9952 battles
  • [FILTH]

Did not realise there was a competitive scene on PS4. Is there a discord set up for this?. I would love to have a dabble into some competitive game play but I am EU.

Is it just tier X battles?. I know most like it but the whole is7 vs is7 and a Maus for good luck is a little slow for my liking.

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Coldblooded_Max #16 Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43815 battles
  • [ARROW]

View Postchoppermeir, on 18 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Did not realise there was a competitive scene on PS4. Is there a discord set up for this?. I would love to have a dabble into some competitive game play but I am EU.

Is it just tier X battles?. I know most like it but the whole is7 vs is7 and a Maus for good luck is a little slow for my liking.

It's tier 8 so alot of is-3 vs fatherland. I don't think the EU one is working very well yet. Idk way the N/A one has had no problem yet that i know of!

choppermeir #17 Posted 23 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9952 battles
  • [FILTH]
Is there a discord group?
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

J0zinzBaz1n #18 Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53357 battles
  • [-NA-]

View PostESLMenOfWar, on 13 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Please consider cutting down lobby time from 10 to 5 minutes, with so many games being played it really takes forever to complete the tournament. 5 minutes would be more than enough to join lobby and select tanks, it takes sometimes an hour to wait for a next game...

Also eliminating draws could help cut waiting times (if time's up and  highest dmg wins, like in standard battle).

lilchat #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22347 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostJOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL, on 26 March 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Please consider cutting down lobby time from 10 to 5 minutes, with so many games being played it really takes forever to complete the tournament. 5 minutes would be more than enough to join lobby and select tanks, it takes sometimes an hour to wait for a next game...

Also eliminating draws could help cut waiting times (if time's up and  highest dmg wins, like in standard battle).

If a match ends in draw what happens? In my personal opinion they both should drop down to the loser bracket the only way draw in 7v7 is to play like little girls.

signature.png

cheatlIwin #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34230 battles
  • [ODH]

Can you please post the entire Current Map Pool?

So far it's been 4-5 maps ,2 which are variants.

Ensk ( War, Normal ), Himmelsdorf ( Winter, Night) and Mines (Rain)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users