Kaiju OI or Heavy Tank No. VI

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SergeantMcFlurry #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3558 battles
Which one? I need a crew trainer for Japan which one is the best for that?

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18658 battles
  • [JOCO]

HT No VI all the way!!! It looks like you’ve played the Tiger I before, so you should know exactly what to expect. If you like the Tiger I, you’ll love the No VI. IMO it is competitive in all matches including as low tier. I love mine and recently just three marked it.

The Kaiju is way too slow and sometimes you miss the battle when you get there and/or are an immediate arty magnet. To me, it’s got lolz as top tier, but a struggle as bottom tier. 

PeaceSells86 #3 Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10613 battles
They are both in a bundle right now with the sta2 , Senshi, and the tier 5 tank.

I have had the type 6 for a while, it’s a solid tank . The kaiju can take a huge beating.

sumplkrum #4 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12533 battles
HT No VI.

The Kaiju is good, but doesn't work that well when it starts seeing higher-tier tanks.
Also, the slow reload limits you damage output.

If you know how to play a Tiger, HT is more flexible.
Better rate of fire, you get to beat on tier IV's, and other than a reduced hit point pool, you're using a tier VII Tiger to do it.
When bottom tier, you load gold more often and play more cautious.

Think of it as a Tiger I that doesn't have to fight tier IX's, and get's to shoot tier IV's.
Stat masturbation:

Wroclaw #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57249 battles

kaiju has limits on its gameplay.

the HT No6 is a good solid all-round tank that is good for training crews.

Pawel Broda 73 #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32451 battles

Japanase Tiger is more mobile

English Text .russian lector,.warring very long movie ;-)

Haukkis #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34540 battles
Kaiju.

hondategtyper #8 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17066 battles
Ht 6 tiger all the way

BB Zero Four #9 Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16454 battles

Anyone that is curious about JPN premiums will be looking at the Kaiju and asking "should I?"

I remember when there was only the Chi-Nu Kai in the game, like before the JPN tree even existed, and how hungry I was for a second JPN premium to be added once the tree did debut because the Chi-Nu Kai... let's say there are better tier 5 Mediums out there. Even the the Chi-Nu is better, to be honest. So then comes Kaiju. An O-I with the good gun and same everything, only it's got a Godzilla paint job and it's premium! Sounds amazing, but there's a catch --- the O-I is the absolute worst tank in terms of consistency in tanking.

You'll have that one in a million game where it's the perfect storm and you dominate, dispatch half the enemy team single handedly and have a shiny Radley at the end to show for it, and go home thinking I love this tank. However, then you have 999,999 games ahead of you to endure until you get to experience that again, the majority of which end in an artillery shell killing you before you even get you get the paint dirty, or some TD beginning with SU- drives hurt straight through your perfectly angled armour from beyond visual range. If you're lucky enough to not die quickly in this fashion and manage to survive, you probably saw very little action and are just getting to where the fight occurred just as "Victory" appears on the screen. Such is life in a Kaiju.

So if the curious are understanding the picture I'm painting, Kaiju is not an awful tank, it's just not what one looks for in a premium as it cannot get you what you're wanting with any degree of consistency. It's inherently too big, too slow, is always a magnet for every gunner's sight on the opposing team, and simply doesn't have the armour or the gun to be that guy... unless you're God tier in a tier 4 match, of course.

A watered down Tiger or an O-I with a cool paint job? Tiger every time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users