Strategize and Strike with the Banshee Comet + Boost Crew XP by 25% with the Mad Banshee Op!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Tiger729 #41 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5776 battles

View PostRaiBOT01, on 12 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'll share your comments with the team 

You know, I can't thank you enough.

:honoring:

TripleFFFG #42 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40488 battles
  • [TDUS]

View Postwamjr1971, on 12 March 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

I would consider buying it if it had a crew xp bonus kinda like the amx chaffee or the T34-88. I have to agree with everyone that why would I want to plunk down 

9,000 gold for a premium tank when i can get practically the same tank for free 

For the 60% silver 20% XP and the .25% XP boost...

Bashful #43 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23505 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 12 March 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

WG say the bonuses combine, so anyone buying it tomorrow will have the rest of the month to earn some serious crew XP.

For fun, I loaded up Max's Crew XP Calculator.

Using the Vengeance T25 (one of the best crew trainers):

-Base XP: 1000

-Crew has Mentor + BiA

-Premium Account: Yes

-Tank XP Earned: 1650

-Crew XP Earned (Normal): 3417

-Crew XP Earned with Banshee OR Chrysler K OP: 4194 (+777 XP over normal)

-Crew XP Earned with Banshee + Chrysler K OP: 4972 (+778 XP over single OP)

-So bonus appears to be cumulative.

Hmm... if you were to buy the tank JUST for the bonus, the 9300 gold is equal to 232500 XP with the gold to free xp conversion tool. When WG offers free XP to crew XP conversion, it's 1 free XP is 2 crew XP.

So, since each winning match is worth 778 "bonus" XP, it takes roughly 600 winning matches to earn the 465000 crew XP that 9300 gold could buy you. Not to mention that this XP is only for nations with really nice crew Trainers (USA, Germany), so if you wanted XP for your Czech crew, you are SOL.

I never enjoyed the Comet in the TT, so I doubt that I will enjoy the Banshee. And I played the TT before the introduction of the Super-Heavies T8 / T9 --- and now that I think about it, the introduction of the Tiger 131. Given that, I think I will give this a pass.

Note - the bonus XP made it worth considering, but doing the math, I don't think the value is there. 

NinetyMIKE #44 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17647 battles

Looks cool, but way too expensive.

Can't afford it 

Can't be spending that much money on a tier 7 medium.

RuefulCenturion #45 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24360 battles

Wow, that's pretty pricey for a Tier VII reskin...

Oh, and the Comet can be very reliant on premium rounds, and you don't get much bang for your buck if you do use them. So you might struggle to earn silver when bottom tier. 

Edited by RuefulCenturion, 12 March 2018 - 10:04 PM.

"wefWEGFRF" -RaiBOT01

BrogueOne #46 Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:20 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 18861 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostBashful, on 12 March 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

For fun, I loaded up Max's Crew XP Calculator.

Using the Vengeance T25 (one of the best crew trainers):

-Base XP: 1000

-Crew has Mentor + BiA

-Premium Account: Yes

-Tank XP Earned: 1650

-Crew XP Earned (Normal): 3417

-Crew XP Earned with Banshee OR Chrysler K OP: 4194 (+777 XP over normal)

-Crew XP Earned with Banshee + Chrysler K OP: 4972 (+778 XP over single OP)

-So bonus appears to be cumulative.

Hmm... if you were to buy the tank JUST for the bonus, the 9300 gold is equal to 232500 XP with the gold to free xp conversion tool. When WG offers free XP to crew XP conversion, it's 1 free XP is 2 crew XP.

So, since each winning match is worth 778 "bonus" XP, it takes roughly 600 winning matches to earn the 465000 crew XP that 9300 gold could buy you. Not to mention that this XP is only for nations with really nice crew Trainers (USA, Germany), so if you wanted XP for your Czech crew, you are SOL.

I never enjoyed the Comet in the TT, so I doubt that I will enjoy the Banshee. And I played the TT before the introduction of the Super-Heavies T8 / T9 --- and now that I think about it, the introduction of the Tiger 131. Given that, I think I will give this a pass.

Note - the bonus XP made it worth considering, but doing the math, I don't think the value is there. 

The “Heaviest Metal” and “Banshee whatever” bonus 25% Crew XP Ops apply to any win, on any tank you have.  You only have to buy the premium tanks to unlock that Op.  If I was a frivolous spender I would’ve bought the Chrysler on day one and then would’ve forked out for the Banshee just to get two whole weeks of 50% total Crew bonuses(combine those with the Victory Lap Ops and that’s some major Crew training!).

Bashful #47 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23505 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 12 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

The “Heaviest Metal” and “Banshee whatever” bonus 25% Crew XP Ops apply to any win, on any tank you have.  You only have to buy the premium tanks to unlock that Op.  If I was a frivolous spender I would’ve bought the Chrysler on day one and then would’ve forked out for the Banshee just to get two whole weeks of 50% total Crew bonuses(combine those with the Victory Lap Ops and that’s some major Crew training!).

Sorry - I was forgetting which op was which - still that only changes the the math I gave to needing 600 matches with an average earned xp of 1000 per match in order to get the same amount of crew xp as would converting 9300 gold to free xp and then converting all of that free xp to crew xp.

As I said before, I didn't consider the TT Comet to be that great of a tank - sure it can be beast on a suitable maps when its top tier - but given that it will be top tier only a third of the time and the number of suitable maps is more diminished since I played I played the Comet, I don't have high hopes for this one.

I remember @PontiacPat explaining that the fullly upgraded TT version of a tank will always drive better than the Premium version when both have the same engine / chassis - something do about the fact that there's math applied due to the difference between the current engine and the stock one. So I have zero hopes that this thing will out drive the Comet.

Maybe I just wasn't a great Comet driver, but I don't see anything on this tank that is convincing me to buy it - this thing isn't awesome at view range, camo, mobility, alpha damage, etc. This thing screams "support" tank to me. The only other thing that was left for it was the role of Crew Trainer, and that didn't happen.

The last thing is the price - 7900 gold for this thing when I could buy a FV4202(p) for 7300 or a Tiger 131 for 7700. Seriously, this thing is price as 200 more gold than the best Tier 8 medium in the game (I'm talking about the 131 here ...)

BrogueOne #48 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 18861 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostBashful, on 13 March 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Sorry - I was forgetting which op was which - still that only changes the the math I gave to needing 600 matches with an average earned xp of 1000 per match in order to get the same amount of crew xp as would converting 9300 gold to free xp and then converting all of that free xp to crew xp.

As I said before, I didn't consider the TT Comet to be that great of a tank - sure it can be beast on a suitable maps when its top tier - but given that it will be top tier only a third of the time and the number of suitable maps is more diminished since I played I played the Comet, I don't have high hopes for this one.

I remember @PontiacPat explaining that the fullly upgraded TT version of a tank will always drive better than the Premium version when both have the same engine / chassis - something do about the fact that there's math applied due to the difference between the current engine and the stock one. So I have zero hopes that this thing will out drive the Comet.

Maybe I just wasn't a great Comet driver, but I don't see anything on this tank that is convincing me to buy it - this thing isn't awesome at view range, camo, mobility, alpha damage, etc. This thing screams "support" tank to me. The only other thing that was left for it was the role of Crew Trainer, and that didn't happen.

The last thing is the price - 7900 gold for this thing when I could buy a FV4202(p) for 7300 or a Tiger 131 for 7700. Seriously, this thing is price as 200 more gold than the best Tier 8 medium in the game (I'm talking about the 131 here ...)

I’m not a fan of the Comet either.  But lots of people certainly are.  I consider the Comet to be a weak tank imo and I’m ok with it being an identical copy.  It really has all the same strengths and weaknesses as the TT version and you really have to like the Comet to really be able to make it work.  Yeah, it’s a bit pricey for a Tier VII medium.... but hey, at least it looks good and follows decent historical context. 

There’s another premium British tank that comes to mind here......  The Vindicator Charioteer.  They made a slightly improved version of the crap packages and left out the gun that makes the tank playable.  Then they charged a frickton of money for it.  Sales were obviously low for it because all those players who got excited about a premium Charioteer ended up with a 20lb middle finger holding their wallets closed. 

Since the Comet is such a niche tank in the first place I actually give WG mad props for keeping it in a configuration best suited to its biggest fans.  “Hey, Bob! How’s that new premium Comet?” “Y’know, Tom... it’s just like the TT version but it makes more money and XP.  I can play it just like a normal Comet!”  Nothing there to disappoint those players unless they want to nitpick the skin.

Bashful #49 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:32 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23505 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrogueOne, on 12 March 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I’m not a fan of the Comet either.  But lots of people certainly are.  I consider the Comet to be a weak tank imo and I’m ok with it being an identical copy.  It really has all the same strengths and weaknesses as the TT version and you really have to like the Comet to really be able to make it work.  Yeah, it’s a bit pricey for a Tier VII medium.... but hey, at least it looks good and follows decent historical context. 

There’s another premium British tank that comes to mind here......  The Vindicator Charioteer.  They made a slightly improved version of the crap packages and left out the gun that makes the tank playable.  Then they charged a frickton of money for it.  Sales were obviously low for it because all those players who got excited about a premium Charioteer ended up with a 20lb middle finger holding their wallets closed. 

Since the Comet is such a niche tank in the first place I actually give WG mad props for keeping it in a configuration best suited to its biggest fans.  “Hey, Bob! How’s that new premium Comet?” “Y’know, Tom... it’s just like the TT version but it makes more money and XP.  I can play it just like a normal Comet!”  Nothing there to disappoint those players unless they want to nitpick the skin.

I think we are in agreement on this one - this isn't the tank for us, but there are probably some players that will want it.

I wanted to repeat I think that WG missed out an opportunity on this one --- if the pricing wasn't the 7900 (highest of the Tier 7 mediums, maybe all Tier 7s) but was instead something like 5800 (Panther/M10 level) --- then this might be more attractive. I probably would have passed on it at that level --- my personal needs in the British Tech Tree are for a crew trainer, but if I didn't have any of British Premium mediums, then I would consider it.

Oh, and if this had been in the Czech tree ... anything is better than those Tier 6 premiums in the Czech tree. You hear that WG? Three words that would change the world: Czech Crew Trainer!

Sadriel Fett #50 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:07 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21666 battles
I was really looking forward to an Irish themed tank.  But this one looks way too plain and certainly not at that price.  I don't know what I was expecting, but I was definitely expecting something with a lot more of an "Irish" theme to it, especially since it was being tied in with the St. Patricks holiday weekend.  Going to have to pass on this one.  Too bad.  So much potential, but.....another swing and a miss.

RuefulCenturion #51 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24360 battles

View PostBashful, on 12 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I think we are in agreement on this one - this isn't the tank for us, but there are probably some players that will want it.

I wanted to repeat I think that WG missed out an opportunity on this one --- if the pricing wasn't the 7900 (highest of the Tier 7 mediums, maybe all Tier 7s) but was instead something like 5800 (Panther/M10 level) --- then this might be more attractive. I probably would have passed on it at that level --- my personal needs in the British Tech Tree are for a crew trainer, but if I didn't have any of British Premium mediums, then I would consider it.

Oh, and if this had been in the Czech tree ... anything is better than those Tier 6 premiums in the Czech tree. You hear that WG? Three words that would change the world: Czech Crew Trainer!

​Who doesn't have any premium British tanks? WG allowed people to earn the Centennial/Chieftain T95 like twice, Boilermaker, Cromwell B, and the AC Sentinels. Excelsior is also a nice, affordable premium tank. They've had great deals on the Shagwell.

"wefWEGFRF" -RaiBOT01

Haukkis #52 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 28280 battles

View PostArKenemyxX, on 12 March 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

the cromwellb and knight are ​equal​ to the tt counterpart. the king tiger is equal to tt. this premium beats the tt version. i swore wg said premiums were supposed to be slightly worse than tt for pay to win reasons

​King Tiger has worse dpm and worse accuracy than TT Tiger 2. Both Cromwell Knight and Cromwell Berlin has much better track traverse speed. So... TT Tiger 2 is better than premium version but premium Cromwells are better than TT version. Interesting.

DUD3 L3B0W5KI #53 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21345 battles

View PostBeta582, on 12 March 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

The good:

1: The visuals of the vehicle are fantastic. A+ on the design work.

2: It is nice to see some other nations getting a bit of a nod from Wargaming.

The bad:

1: It is a direct copy of the tech tree Comet with slightly improved aim time (2.1 compared to the Comets 2.3)

2: It is the most expensive tier 7 premium medium in the game at 7900 for the base vehicle (T23E3 is 7000, Kraft Panther is 6200, and Panther/M10 is 5750).

Overall, not a bad tank.

Exact this. And just toooooooooo expensive for T7 reskin copy. A shame. I would love to have this baby but cmon....8K as the cheapest prize?!?

Also @ Max: any infos about the crew? Are these drunk female irish driver? Can somebody help about this?

You can find our German community hereFreies WoT Forum thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities

EU COMMUNITIES - NEVER FORGET WHAT Wargaming DID TO US

WG BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - THE...DAMAGE...IS...DONE

SteelReigN81 #54 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39656 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 13 March 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

I was really looking forward to an Irish themed tank.  But this one looks way too plain and certainly not at that price.  I don't know what I was expecting, but I was definitely expecting something with a lot more of an "Irish" theme to it, especially since it was being tied in with the St. Patricks holiday weekend.  Going to have to pass on this one.  Too bad.  So much potential, but.....another swing and a miss.

​What did you want? A drunken leprechaun sitting on the turret drinking Guinness and eating a potatoe next to a pot of gold.

DUD3 L3B0W5KI #55 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21345 battles

View PostSteelReigN81, on 13 March 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

What did you want? A drunken leprechaun sitting on the turret drinking Guinness and eating a potatoe next to a pot of gold.

Exact THIS is what we want for an irish tank and not a stupid reskin for too much money!!! Drunk female irish crew with Murphys as consumable and a pot of gold. And of course with irish accent. God damn it....soooo much potential here and WG waste it. Very disappointing.

You can find our German community hereFreies WoT Forum thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities

EU COMMUNITIES - NEVER FORGET WHAT Wargaming DID TO US

WG BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - THE...DAMAGE...IS...DONE

chevy235_1951 #56 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8679 battles
  • [WIEN]

View PostSteelReigN81, on 13 March 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

​What did you want? A drunken leprechaun sitting on the turret drinking Guinness and eating a potatoe next to a pot of gold.

Actually... yes, that would be great :trollface:

Tricky Rik 36 #57 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18333 battles
I think I'll pass on this one.

salomon2007 #58 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 37333 battles
  • [TTORS]
Banshee Comet's spec is almost same as tech-tree Comet with last package, so we can use it same way. But base bundle 8,000 gold is much higher than other premium Tier7MT, so I will wait until there would be discount sale say 20% ? :)

Edited by salomon2007, 13 March 2018 - 09:23 AM.

Sadriel Fett #59 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21666 battles

View PostSteelReigN81, on 13 March 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

Something that when you first look at it, you immediately think...

WildLumberJack72 #60 Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• Supertest - PS4
  • 19585 battles
  • [GBP]
i dont like the fact that the mad Banshee is only for good  16 days, it should've  been for 30 days like the heaviest metal op!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users