Can't see map name on "select button" screen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

VolteriorMotive #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4655 battles

Could the map name and battle type text be lowered below the map display so that I can read it? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Okay, we're playing on Erlenberg.

Wait, what map is this again? Let me check.

Huh. Well, I guess I should have written it down...

Sadriel Fett #2 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:44 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22964 battles

+1

Thank you!  No one else has responded on whether theirs were doing the same thing.  

Mine has been just like this since the last big 4.3 update.  I posted about it on this thread and they said it might be one of the settings, but as you can see in my response that's not what the problem was.

http://forum-console...09#entry4261909

http://forum-console...50#entry4258450

http://forum-console...23#entry4258223

I believe the problem is what DetrailedWingnut mentioned earlier in that thread.  If you notice on the screen shot, the map names and battle types are on there, but they're misaligned, so that the font is offset and actually merged into the very bottom of the map.  You can make them out a little better if you have a map that has water at the bottom, because the white font of the letters stands out more.

I believe this is only an XB360 issue.  Is does the exact same thing on both the regular and Supertest servers, after downloading the 4.3 update.  It never did this before the 4.3 update, so I don't believe this has to do with anything in the game settings.

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

Sovietdeath #3 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:16 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15120 battles

View PostVolteriorMotive, on 12 March 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Could the map name and battle type text be lowered below the map display so that I can read it? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Okay, we're playing on Erlenberg.

Wait, what map is this again? Let me check.

Huh. Well, I guess I should have written it down...

Have you tried adjusting your Safe Zone?

GsO Light #4 Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8253 battles
I've had the same problem since the update, the map name and battle type is there, just hidden under the map..

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22964 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 March 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Have you tried adjusting your Safe Zone?

That's what Max was telling me to adjust in the thread links I posted above.  I hadn't adjusted mine since I originally set them when I first installed the game.  Still, I adjusted them in both directions to see if it would do anything, but it didn't have any effect at any of the adjustments I made to it.  It didn't do any of this before the 4.3 update.  

Sovietdeath #6 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15120 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 13 March 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

That's what Max was telling me to adjust in the thread links I posted above.  I hadn't adjusted mine since I originally set them when I first installed the game.  Still, I adjusted them in both directions to see if it would do anything, but it didn't have any effect at any of the adjustments I made to it.  It didn't do any of this before the 4.3 update.  

Hmmm I got an idea

How is your 360 hooked up to your TV and what mode is it in, I'll see if I can recreate it on mine

Sadriel Fett #7 Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22964 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 March 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Hmmm I got an idea

How is your 360 hooked up to your TV and what mode is it in, I'll see if I can recreate it on mine

It's hooked into the back directly with the three colored audio/ visual connectors.  As for mode, I guess it's Component mode.  It's hooked into the "Component 1" group for audio/ visual connectors.  Unless you mean the "Wide" setting for widescreen.

VolteriorMotive #8 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4655 battles
I am also on 360. I also use the RGA or whatever the 3 colored connectors are to my TV. I have tried adjusting the safe zone but it doesn't affect the problem. However if I go into the console settings and select "wide screen," it does fix the problem of the map name being underneath the map. In this mode, however, things which should be square are narrow rectangles IE the view is scrunched and it makes my head hurt after a short time of seeing things this way.

Sadriel Fett #9 Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22964 battles

View PostVolteriorMotive, on 13 March 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

I am also on 360. I also use the RGA or whatever the 3 colored connectors are to my TV. I have tried adjusting the safe zone but it doesn't affect the problem. However if I go into the console settings and select "wide screen," it does fix the problem of the map name being underneath the map. In this mode, however, things which should be square are narrow rectangles IE the view is scrunched and it makes my head hurt after a short time of seeing things this way.

I'll have to take a look at mine tonight and see if it does the same for me, too.  But, if all it does is distort everything else, then that's not a fix, you know?  I haven't adjusted my settings since I installed the game and It's worked fine for four years and only started doing this with the 4.3 update.  The fact it did the exact same thing on the Supertest server, as well, as soon as I updated on there just screams to me that it's something in their programming that's at fault.  If it was a setting on our end, then everything on that screen should have been affected and misaligned or offset.  Nothing else was changed, though.  Just the text alignment for the game type and map name that supposed to be located below that big map.  Everything else is where it's supposed to be and looks and plays normally.

VolteriorMotive #10 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4655 battles
Agreed

VolteriorMotive #11 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4655 battles
Y/N?

1 user(s) are reading this topic