Best perks/skills for Russian heavy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SergeantMcFlurry #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3558 battles
So far I got Repairs, BIA, Track Mechanic, Sixth sense, Pain tolerance, Off road driving, clutch braking, smooth ride, jack of all trades and finally snap shot, which is in training. Is there any recommendations to any perk changes I could make? They are currently in the T-10, I have already ground out the IS-4 line and I’m looking to finish the IS-7 so that the new IS tank branch will be easier to grind.

DUD3 L3B0W5KI #2 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21361 battles

Best perk for russians? Of course "drink and tank"  :trollface:

You can find our German community hereFreies WoT Forum thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities

EU COMMUNITIES - NEVER FORGET WHAT Wargaming DID TO US

WG BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - THE...DAMAGE...IS...DONE

Challenger1410 #3 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6585 battles

View PostSergeantMcFlurry, on 13 March 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

So far I got Repairs, BIA, Track Mechanic, Sixth sense, Pain tolerance, Off road driving, clutch braking, smooth ride, jack of all trades and finally snap shot, which is in training. Is there any recommendations to any perk changes I could make? They are currently in the T-10, I have already ground out the IS-4 line and I’m looking to finish the IS-7 so that the new IS tank branch will be easier to grind.

Looks like you have a good handle on whats needed in a Russian Heavy. I have put in over 1,100 battles between my IS3 and my T10 (got an ace tanker). I wish you luck on the IS7 as I struggled with that one. With any Soviet Heavy its blind as a bat so whatever you do, don't run off on your own as you will get murdered by some TD sitting around in a bush asking little kids if they want some candy. Go with Rammer, GLD and Vents.. 

LevelStream18 #4 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11602 battles
So far your crew skills look pretty good. After snap shot I'd take smooth ride, then maybe Sit. Aware. and Recon.

DutchDragon 99 #5 Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21413 battles
  • [EASY]

Yea the current skill set looks good, except for 1 thing: ...you survived the IS3 without having safe stowage?

LevelStream18, on 16 March 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

So far your crew skills look pretty good. After snap shot I'd take smooth ride, then maybe Sit. Aware. and Recon.

Isn't it better to get camouflage first? As sit. aware and recon only give you a view range boost of 3% and 2%. While camoflage almost doubles your camo rating.

LevelStream18 #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11602 battles

View PostDutchDragon 99, on 16 March 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Yea the current skill set looks good, except for 1 thing: ...you survived the IS3 without having safe stowage?

Isn't it better to get camouflage first? As sit. aware and recon only give you a view range boost of 3% and 2%. While camoflage almost doubles your camo rating.

Safe stowage is a good idea, I forgot to mention that above.

Camo isn't generally useful for heavies, because the entire class has very low base camo rating. Also, heavies like the IS7 should be on the front lines trading shots, not trying to stay hidden. I'd say that the view range skills are more useful because they'll help you spot sneaky tank destroyers or lights who are trying to hide from you and shoot at you from bushes. Also, when you take the 3% and 2% boosts from the view range skills and combine them with vents, BiA, and (if you have silver to spare) food then it makes those bonuses more effective. Some people even like to take coated optics on the IS7, though personally I prefer rammer, stabs, and vents. I'd take camo once all the other useful skills are trained, it could help a bit in some instances, for example keeping you hidden a bit longer at long ranges as you move around the map, but in most circumstances your base camo rating is too low in a heavy tank to make much use of the camo skill.

PLK180W #7 Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostDutchDragon 99, on 16 March 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

You're in a Heavy tank. You've got a very p!$$ poor Camo rating.

Doubling it would just make it a very poor Camo rating.

I would personally go Firefighting or Preventative Maintainence. 

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

donny007-THX #8 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11771 battles
  • [NLD01]
Looks good.  Missing Vodka Detox tho.

rick007cmx1 #9 Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 53215 battles

View PostDutchDragon 99, on 16 March 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

If you were in a light, then definitely YES. In a medium, maybe just depends on tank. In a heavy, NEVER. Heavies have poor camo rating, camo skill is multiplicative, NOT added to your camo rating. 

LacqueredBacon #10 Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27668 battles
  • [NOCAP]

Safe Stowage and Preventative Maintenance next.

Camoflage should be way down on the list of skills to get in a heavy.  Don't get me wrong, it is better to have it than not but I would get Sit Awareness, Controlled Impact, Dead Eye, and probably a few others first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users