ideas wot world of tanks future premium RNG matchmaking rant

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

mikkoj #21 Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22329 battles

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 17 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Light tanks and mediums are easy to hit.

Maybe I should record hitting light tanks for you. 

It is not really that easy especially fastest lights. Mediums sure but not lights. Turret or tank reverse is lacking with many tanks when going against lights.  

Even if i hit 4% more of my overall shots than you but still i find it somewhat difficult.  

mikkoj #22 Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22329 battles

View Postelectronaut1976, on 17 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

The flood of lights is getting on my nerves tbh. Having 4 of them flying across the maps is a major pain in the rear chamber.

And that russian Tier10 scout omfg...thing is so broken. Warping around nonstop hitting every freakin shot while doing 60...

Thanks for tier 10 scouts WG...:facepalm:

At least limit them to 2 per team.

First we had arty now scouts.

Just posted earlier about same thing.  Full speed, full YOLO and hitting every shot while you can t get shot in. 

ThunderChickenX #23 Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 17 March 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Light tanks and mediums are easy to hit.

Maybe I should record hitting light tanks for you. 

^^ 

I honestly don’t know where so many people are getting the idea that light tanks are OP.

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

Screeo #24 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15415 battles
  • [UK-TS]
The majority of the maps suit heavily armoured vehicles. Tier 10 is all about TDs. The introduction of tier 10 lights and removal of scout matchmaking has simply levelled the battlefield 

JTank97 #25 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16114 battles
  • [RATT]

I have to agree that light tanks, especially in the higher tiers, can absolutely ruin games now. Can't hit them, they can out-maneuver you in every way. I've come to hate light tanks now more than arty at some points.

Also with floods of lights bombing around the map it's become basically impossible to passive-scout anymore.

Edited by JTank97, 17 March 2018 - 06:25 PM.

DustyHooves #26 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23657 battles

View PostJTank97, on 17 March 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have to agree that light tanks, especially in the higher tiers, can absolutely ruin games now. Can't hit them, they can out-maneuver you in every way. I've come to hate light tanks now more than arty at some points.

Also with floods of lights bombing around the map it's become basically impossible to passive-scout anymore.

Lights and arty should be limited to two per team max in the higher tiers. After all, there are usually only two main corridors of battle in most maps and one light to scout each as well as one arty to cover each. Anymore than that and you're fighting your own team for the spots and damage.
It's a matter of not enough xp to go around so everyone gets less.

Gigab0mb #27 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35822 battles

warframe, along with cd project red, set very high bars for communicating with their players. I get the feeling that their team is trying to minimize player frustration on a daily basis, even when they mess up. They both have regular balance passes and roll back changes when necessary, CDPR even reduced the price of their in-game currency.

Edited by Gigab0mb, 17 March 2018 - 08:06 PM.

KinkyFascist #28 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2071 battles
Thank goodness tier X lights are being nerfed

Curious Dan #29 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26333 battles
I think if you can't lead your shots properly that's a personal problem. If lights are sneaking up on you, maybe they deserve the kill. Honestly the TDs have always been the dominant tanks at tier 10, and lights are here to counter them. Any decent medium player should be able to outgun a light at close range, and heavies can back against any piece of cover to avoid being circled.

Koncorde #30 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18613 battles
I would like to see a 'safe zone' for newbies. Tier 1-4, say 14 tanks per battle instead of 30 and an actual switch to enter full public arena.

MegaB0B0 #31 Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9959 battles

View PostCurious Dan, on 19 March 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

I think if you can't lead your shots properly that's a personal problem. If lights are sneaking up on you, maybe they deserve the kill. Honestly the TDs have always been the dominant tanks at tier 10, and lights are here to counter them. Any decent medium player should be able to outgun a light at close range, and heavies can back against any piece of cover to avoid being circled.

Many times in the past I have been able to hits mediums by leading shots some times lights too, but hey, that is one in every 50 or so attempts on lights, not like I am able to do that with confidence when there is no server side reticle. Even world of war ships give you aide in leading shots, you often miss 7 out of 8 in a broadside anyway. I dont think i deserve it if lights managed to sneak past and defeat my side‘s suicide lights and mediums and end up at my rear as I am driving a TD defending against three enemy heavies and TD. My team sucked and I am performing well, doesnt mean I deserve it. Back to the chance of hitting lights, perhaps if the connection is well with 5 bars connection strength, it would be greater, but not with international players with 3 bars and sometimes 2. The current effective way in countering lights for me is to go ram them head on straight whenever i got the chance. Cause i am always the one heavier than it by twice of more. Then again, may as well play demolition derby... What i see is that tier 8 plus lights in good / daring players hands has a huge upper hand against heavy / TD and Arty. Only thing that can effectively counter them are other lights and mediums. So if one sides medium and lights player suck big time, the game is a guarantee lost. This game is never one for team work in random battles without a platoon. It was already a game with a roll of dice on which team has better players, now it is a roll of dice on which team has more lights and better player with lights... 
 i do agree a way to tackle this is to limit the number of lights on each side as well as arty and TD so on... but thats another can of worms with the dreaded match maker....
That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

SteampunkPagan #32 Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 80853 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostGigab0mb, on 17 March 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

warframe, along with cd project red, set very high bars for communicating with their players. I get the feeling that their team is trying to minimize player frustration on a daily basis, even when they mess up. They both have regular balance passes and roll back changes when necessary, CDPR even reduced the price of their in-game currency.

The thing is though at one time WG set high bars like that as well. The forums had interaction between players & staff, they at one time had the best Customer Service in gaming, at one time Developers came to the forums to interact & at one time PAIN did a blog every month or two spending a day having a conversation with us...WG & WGA have lowered the bar for this game when it comes to interaction, communication & Customer Support in WoT-C.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Saerbhreathach #33 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20900 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 19 March 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

Many times in the past I have been able to hits mediums by leading shots some times lights too, but hey, that is one in every 50 or so attempts on lights, not like I am able to do that with confidence when there is no server side reticle. Even world of war ships give you aide in leading shots, you often miss 7 out of 8 in a broadside anyway. I dont think i deserve it if lights managed to sneak past and defeat my side‘s suicide lights and mediums and end up at my rear as I am driving a TD defending against three enemy heavies and TD. My team sucked and I am performing well, doesnt mean I deserve it. Back to the chance of hitting lights, perhaps if the connection is well with 5 bars connection strength, it would be greater, but not with international players with 3 bars and sometimes 2. The current effective way in countering lights for me is to go ram them head on straight whenever i got the chance. Cause i am always the one heavier than it by twice of more. Then again, may as well play demolition derby... What i see is that tier 8 plus lights in good / daring players hands has a huge upper hand against heavy / TD and Arty. Only thing that can effectively counter them are other lights and mediums. So if one sides medium and lights player suck big time, the game is a guarantee lost. This game is never one for team work in random battles without a platoon. It was already a game with a roll of dice on which team has better players, now it is a roll of dice on which team has more lights and better player with lights... 
 i do agree a way to tackle this is to limit the number of lights on each side as well as arty and TD so on... but thats another can of worms with the dreaded match maker....

Learn to deal with us scouts....it's really NOT that hard to take care of most of us....there's really only a small percentage of us that could even come close to being considered op and it's more to do with the scout commander NOT the scout tank.....

Scouts are fine as is. Get good and learn how to lead your shots....

ThunderChickenX #34 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14669 battles
  • [TRB]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 19 March 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

If you can’t figure out how to lead your shots that’s not the scout class’ fault, it’s a basic skill necessary for success in this game. It only takes one shot to figure out if you are leading too much or too little.

"Trying is the first step toward failure." - Homer Simpson

I don't upload much, if ever: www.youtube.com/channel/UCu-MJIN-3uT6m-B3LhHj6

For Those Who Care Spoiler

CivilWarGoat #35 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20698 battles
  • [RED1]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 17 March 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

As one who started playing since the first day of the release on 360, i have seen the changes to the game both good and bad, but i must say in its current state, the game is not getting the mid life boost it needs such as the likes of Warframe and even Division, let along other MMO like games.

While i am still playing many of the friends on my list who I played with since 360 were no longer playing, that include the long time no.1 of Xbox on record. It is not a good sign.

Player count is slowly draining to the low end with Australian prime play time: 5pm to 11pm local time now has less than 1000 players on average on both US east and West ea. Same time last year, it was still numbering 1100-1200 or so. I see the merge of Asian server was not as a positive on the PS4 front, as it meant asian players also reduced.

With serious competitions originate from PC now is on the horizon, it is foreseeable that the game will take another hit in player numbers when they arrive. While PC managed to held its ground, I don’t know about console unless it put in some serious changes that brings better balancing and feature fixes in future updates.

Player numbers is key to success of any MMO. The current preferred methods in keeping player for WGBC is to have monthly free tank give away competitions. It all began with the dreaded Motherland give away event years back, ever since it has been non stop with a month of two between these events. But even that it seems it is hard to lure long time players back. Especially the three plus year vets. Hence it is also foreseeable that free premium tank give away method of retaining player would lost its pull in maintaining player count.

The number one problem for any player that is not with a 60% win rate is the make up of the teams. Players skills are as poor as they were since first year… but what make things worst is the power creep of lights and over power premium tanks. Average games became a battle of the lights at the beginning, which side with better lights players immediately gains advantage. Unlike PC with mouth control aim, killing lights and fast mediums on console is a far harder affair for slow aiming heavy guns on TD and heavies. This effectively gives survival rates of lights in the hands of RNG and racing controller skill. Often lights would cut deep into enemy area spot all slow moving tanks, allow arty to harvest them or TD to pick them off afar and return with half of their health or better. In maps with wide open areas, this would quickly turn a game from 15 v 14 to 15 v 10 or 9 and from then on, it is very hard to turn around for loosing side. Why play TD and Heavies or Arty when they cant effectively hit fast moving small targets? May as well all play MBT with 60KM/h and shoot missiles at each other? I think AW has a better mechanic and balance on that front….

next is the server side reticle, Often I think I have fully aimed but my shot would just shoot anywhere but within the aim circle… shooting far moving targets is pure RNG. One would be lucky to hit the lights in a TD or Heavy from afar.

Much like the hardly stop moving World of Warships, it is better for TD and heavy players to get a moving target aim assist (lead way estimate) much like WOWS that increase their chances in better hitting lights on the move. It will only work on lights, not mediums and it wont impact on the aiming time. It just allow players with bad gun arc and handling to aim with a better chance of hitting and feel of in control.

Often I wonder what I need to do to get on the enemy side as I was the last men standing against 5 enemies out of the ten that is still alive, after 5 similar games. I would be happy to pay 100 gold to get on the side with player that has more 51% win rate players. Not with ex-COD campers that thinks its E-75 fully upgraded can win the game against four mediums and two lights circling it by staying at the base from start to finish. One wonder why a 42% win rate player with 2000 battles can drive a tier 9 like that? Perhaps they are the ones funding the game with free xp gold conversion? I think it is better to increase player skill level across board with war stories and some kind of horde mode. don’t just throw out free premium tanks by making players play, which they can suck their way to get it by bad play ethics.

Use the drivatar technology seen in games like Forza series, record the behaviour of good players (say half the super test guys ) in an increasingly difficult horde mode, put the free premium tank behind surviving 10 waves of enemy and make players be in the top five in live random battles for tickets to play that mode. Say ten tickets per game in the horde mode.

Turn war stories in to an extensive player tutorial that give good premium tank discount after completion as it is done right now. But teach player key aspects in map reading, tank type differences, gun depression, side scraping, etc in the tutorial. Hire some lady with a sexy voice to do the narration. Make new to players complete these before they move pass tier 5! WOWS can do it, WOTC can.

Introduce a form of personal mission that reward premium time and other stuff, with aim to reward skilled players and also make new players learn how to build up their play skill. Have the forum community vote on these missions and tutorials much like what developers of EndLess Space series did with Games2gether model.

Ditch the 360 and move to 30v30 with large map. Strike a deal with Xbox to make a 360 to XB1S / X upgrade special in the English speaking world where 360 player gets a chance to buy a XB1S with 30% discount or more from Microsoft store delivered, complete with a 252U or Patriot to sweeten the deal if possible.

introduce reusable cool down repair kits med kits etc, charge player per use.

Introduce ex-tech tree skinned premium with high pen low alpha premium shells. Make them more different if you have to do it.

then finally to the elephant of the room: WarChests. RNG loot boxes they are… WOWS Blitz have them, so i wonder when are WOTC be throwing them out for 100 gold a pop? Perhaps WOTC is small enough not to turn themselves into BattleFlop2 or Deadstiny2. At current stage, it is harmless fun it seems. I never get more than 5000 gold and premium time, but i wonder what is the chance of winning a ‘CanNotJustPenSir’ Tier 8  TD with these chests?

I have supported the game with three of the power creep premium tanks in the last three months, my garage is now over 110 tanks. So i do hope this games can go on another three years and still be there when Xbox ^Cube, PS V rolls in…

I hope dev fix the technical issues and balance before they introduce graphics changes and more new premium tanks.

Finally: since you let likes of 252U and that K out the bag, why not release the T-44-122?  

Power creep of light tanks.  Before the update they were mostly piles of garbage.  Now a light tank and have a meaning impact of the game.  You claim that the game isn't evolving when the title to you post proves that it is.  By putting light tanks on par with other classes is diversified play styles allowing more players to play the game different.  Your title should read "WOT should be what I want it to be, me winning all the time." 

Are there issues with the game sure, are they obvious like a lack of a proper tutorial, or hidden soft stats.  Yup.  Are they game breaking now.  Will WoT be a game forever.  No.  Console players are notorious for playing a game for a few months maybe a year and then dropping it.  If you play console games and don't know this then it time to start looking in the mirror.  The fact that this game is still healthy 4 years after the beta release is staggering.  What games do you play on your console that are 4+ years old. I would be none and if you do you don't play them consistently.  Your perspective is all messed. Remember is aint all about you and the game counting the beta is 5 years old.  Think of COD and all the iterations of that game over the same time span. Think of the cost of that plus all the DLC.  How about those elder scrolls games. Seriously people need a reality check.  

SpartanFire71 #36 Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20328 battles
I have not gotten any of the tier 10 lights.  I don't see them as a big issue though.  Have gotten away from my signature, and I played over 100 games in the W-Z 111 1-4 this weekend.  I understand the point of any big gun getting spotted faster, then popped because of the lights.  Irony is if it's the big guns that many complain about. I respect the lights as I know the power, and I have been beat up a couple times in various tanks by a light late game.  I also load HE expecting to see them rushing forward.  Happened many times in the WZ and T-34-3.  Most times, the HE does wreck them.  I don't see liggts wrecking or big damage numbers as the average damage I can see are down low on the list in 9s and 10s.  Hope it gets better one way or the other to keep servers running, but I don't see lights as the issue.  

It's time to drive broken tanks with full premium ammo.  Have a wonderful balanced day courtesy of update 4.6.

Also, thanks (for lack of a bannable word) to those who couldn't or could see the implementations would cause the current meta.

The Turkey Tank #37 Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27798 battles
  • [IMTLS]

WN8:3900   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

steelheadclan #38 Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13301 battles

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 19 March 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Lol!

MegaB0B0 #39 Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9959 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 20 March 2018 - 02:36 AM, said:

Learn to deal with us scouts....it's really NOT that hard to take care of most of us....there's really only a small percentage of us that could even come close to being considered op and it's more to do with the scout commander NOT the scout tank.....

Scouts are fine as is. Get good and learn how to lead your shots....

To All those whom put lines: Get good and learn how to lead shots, Do they seriously think that OP and those agree with OP are noobs that just start playing the game? Always easier said than done... especially with all the limitation of console controller. I am pretty sure most of Lights and Medium players dont often need to shoot fast moving targets on their own, cause my observations in the thousands of games i played they rather shoot slower targets than faster moving ones from distance. With all the slow reload and aiming on high tier TD / Heavies / Arty, one shot fail to hit is a huge cost to the team's Damage count. Given an enemy lights managed to survive and spots out sitting targets, enemy TD Heavy and Arty would quickly land hits. Therefore battle of lights and mediums in the initial game would almost decide which side will win. I would want better balance and being a TD player, I dont mind half the damage with higher pen gold rounds, or faster firing arty hits with far far less damage. The fact that lights are now making Three type of tanks in the game depended on two other type of tanks to perform well is not a good thing on the long run! 
That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

SpartanFire71 #40 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20328 battles

View PostMegaB0B0, on 20 March 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

To All those whom put lines: Get good and learn how to lead shots, Do they seriously think that OP and those agree with OP are noobs that just start playing the game? Always easier said than done... especially with all the limitation of console controller. I am pretty sure most of Lights and Medium players dont often need to shoot fast moving targets on their own, cause my observations in the thousands of games i played they rather shoot slower targets than faster moving ones from distance. With all the slow reload and aiming on high tier TD / Heavies / Arty, one shot fail to hit is a huge cost to the team's Damage count. Given an enemy lights managed to survive and spots out sitting targets, enemy TD Heavy and Arty would quickly land hits. Therefore battle of lights and mediums in the initial game would almost decide which side will win. I would want better balance and being a TD player, I dont mind half the damage with higher pen gold rounds, or faster firing arty hits with far far less damage. The fact that lights are now making Three type of tanks in the game depended on two other type of tanks to perform well is not a good thing on the long run! 

Are you saying that you want to sit in the open to shoot, or do you use cover and concealment?  If you are choosing to sit in the open, then that's a risk that will work until spotted.  It is the lights job to sniff you out.  As others have to play to avoid arty, playing where you could be easily spotted then hit by arty or others falls on your risk of the position you choose. Glass cannons should be concealed in a bush  with cammo skills and perks to prevent being spotted.  It has been said many times that the heavy armor TDs are assault TDs.  Those that play them aggressive are hard to deal with.  I recently followed an aggressive Yazi in the STA-2, and he had over 3000 and I had 2000 damage.  We basically beat a flank by ourselves.  Did the same with many aggressive TD players in the past.  

Edit: my first love of a TD was the T67.  It caused me to go up Soviet ISU line, and I quit at the ISU-152 because to me it was an in between glass cannon/assault.  It didn't have the armor, and it was more easily spotted compared to a true glass cannon like the Borsig.  I haven't done much with the heavy armor TD.  Stopped at T95, and didn't go up German or the Soviet Object 263 line.  I will say that fighting against the heavy armor TDs are a pain when they are holding a flank with heavies.

It's time to drive broken tanks with full premium ammo.  Have a wonderful balanced day courtesy of update 4.6.

Also, thanks (for lack of a bannable word) to those who couldn't or could see the implementations would cause the current meta.

Also tagged with ideas, wot, world of tanks, future, premium, RNG, matchmaking, rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users