my thoughts (rant) on the state of the game since the tier 10 lights

ideas wot world of tanks future premium RNG matchmaking rant

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

XERXEZS #41 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21476 battles

My only issue with the game right now is the physics, tone them down a bit.

And if you want to shut down a light get a tier X Russian medium, a light can't compete vs the T62A or Object 140, 1400+ m/s ammo.

MegaB0B0 #42 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9959 battles

Repost my replay on another post:

Lights are hard to hit in open maps for Arty / TD and even Heavies. In fact the way the aiming zoom is done, try shoot anything moving over 35 km/h with lead way would make the aiming circle close to reset if turret or TD whole body is moved. Effectively reduce chance of hitting the lights. This made shooting them less about player skill more about Stalin's hand. Auto aim is even more hopeless. Given lights stopping or ramming in to something meant certain death, they cant stop or even slow down, makes them hardest target to hit for Arty. 
 Before tier 8-10 beefed up lights shows up, lights mostly numbering 2 to 3 per game and their firepower only warrants them usually taking kills on injured targets, now with the speed and harder hitting guns, they can afford to go head to head with all TD slow Heavies and Arty and come out alive. Even a pair of TD without a turret or just slow turret would have a hard time dealing with a single tier 9/10 light. Same can not be said for mediums as they are easier to shoot even up close. This effectively pushes up vital role of lights in early game and end game. Which side has better lights player gets upper hand right away. It is not rare to see lights racking up 3 to 4 kills. A pair of them would get 7 kills between them! 
It is hard to balance this as three out of five tank type cant effectively deal with them, especially in open maps. One way to balance them is to reduce their damage per shot and increase their reload time, increase size turn circle. Since the play style will not change, just make them harder to score and have their targets time to adjust and leave the engagement zone. 
Personally I play the snakebite and AMX Chaffee, i knows whats like with the thrill of the taking kills on slower larger targets in nice open maps (which there are a lot atm). But what good to other players if they cant effectively tackle such an enemy with the tools they were given other than RNG? I try to ram lights whenever i can but that aint easy with a TD let along with Arty. 

The fact that is it is high skill set cap means good lights player can easily decide which side has an upper hand. so before it is about more skilled medium players, now it is more skilled lights and medium players. the balance are even more easily tipped to one side. 

Then as i stated before in my own post, we may as well all just go play mediums and lights, there is a reason in real history why Heavies and TDs gone obsolete but MBT(medium) and lights survive. But this is a game, not real life, balance them is key. 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

MegaB0B0 #43 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9959 battles

View PostXERXEZS, on 20 March 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

My only issue with the game right now is the physics, tone them down a bit.

And if you want to shut down a light get a tier X Russian medium, a light can't compete vs the T62A or Object 140, 1400+ m/s ammo.

when i am in a medium i went trace up lights, but that doesnt change my point of introducing a tank type that make two and half tank types cant hit them effectively with players skills in piloting their tank type. No [edited]about leading the shot when there is no server side reticle and some player have mere 3 bars of connection. Yes lights are not invincible by far, other lights and other mediums can disrupt them and make them make mistakes so other tank types can kill them, but that means other tank types will be depended on lights and medium. Arty was the sole tank type that are depended on other four tank types to let it get kill and be effective hence the worst and most skill capped tank type in the game. now there is a tank type that depended on two other tank type to allow three other tank type to effectively kill them? If that aint definition of OP i dont know what is. You can call The walf-E100 OP and you can call 183 op, but they can be killed effectively by all five tank type with skilled player or not in one on one battle. You cant said the same with lights Tier 8 plus as there are game play mechanic short comings that stops three tank types from effectively defeating it. 

Edited by MegaB0B0, 20 March 2018 - 10:26 AM.

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

Saerbhreathach #44 Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20900 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 20 March 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Lights are hard to hit in open maps for Arty / TD and even Heavies. In fact the way the aiming zoom is done, try shoot anything moving over 35 km/h with lead way would make the aiming circle close to reset if turret or TD whole body is moved. Effectively reduce chance of hitting the lights. This made shooting them less about player skill more about Stalin's hand. Auto aim is even more hopeless. Given lights stopping or ramming in to something meant certain death, they cant stop or even slow down, makes them hardest target to hit for Arty. 
 Before tier 8-10 beefed up lights shows up, lights mostly numbering 2 to 3 per game and their firepower only warrants them usually taking kills on injured targets, now with the speed and harder hitting guns, they can afford to go head to head with all TD slow Heavies and Arty and come out alive. Even a pair of TD without a turret or just slow turret would have a hard time dealing with a single tier 9/10 light. Same can not be said for mediums as they are easier to shoot even up close. This effectively pushes up vital role of lights in early game and end game. Which side has better lights player gets upper hand right away. It is not rare to see lights racking up 3 to 4 kills. A pair of them would get 7 kills between them! 
It is hard to balance this as three out of five tank type cant effectively deal with them, especially in open maps. One way to balance them is to reduce their damage per shot and increase their reload time, increase size turn circle. Since the play style will not change, just make them harder to score and have their targets time to adjust and leave the engagement zone. 
Personally I play the snakebite and AMX Chaffee, i knows whats like with the thrill of the taking kills on slower larger targets in nice open maps (which there are a lot atm). But what good to other players if they cant effectively tackle such an enemy with the tools they were given other than RNG? I try to ram lights whenever i can but that aint easy with a TD let along with Arty. 

The fact that is it is high skill set cap means good lights player can easily decide which side has an upper hand. so before it is about more skilled medium players, now it is more skilled lights and medium players. the balance are even more easily tipped to one side. 

Then as i stated before in my own post, we may as well all just go play mediums and lights, there is a reason in real history why Heavies and TDs gone obsolete but MBT(medium) and lights survive. But this is a game, not real life, balance them is key. 

This is a player problem NOT a scout problem. It's not the scouts problem X tanker can't lead their shots, it's not the scouts problem X tanker left themselves open for a death circle, etc...etc...

This all boils down to getting better at dealing with scouts. I have absolutely no issue dealing with red scouts in any of my other tanks. None. Why? Cause I know how to deal with them....keep em at "arm's length" and DON'T let them get close. If you're in something squishy like a Borsig, NEVER be by yourself and follow the above advice. Keep those scouts at "arms length".

All of the complaining about scouts is a player issue, not a balance issue.....

ryboyd323 #45 Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32242 battles
i agree with the comment about the light tanks. I am having issues leading and hitting as they change speed and direction as well as having multiple light tanks to deal with at the same time. (3 or more) Also aggravating is playing different tanks with bullet speed being different. I can not aim and drive at the same time fast enough to hit a circling enemy tank. I loose site of it and then it is to hard to pick back up.

SHRiIVIP #46 Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15813 battles
  • [-NL-]

View PostWarthog II, on 17 March 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Does the OP play with "aim assist" on? 

If so, turn that thing off.

That has nothing to do with it. I've always played with aim assist and it's never hindered me once. 

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

45 Tanks with 3 MoE

Spoiler

LazyCalf5928745 #47 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52798 battles
lights truly replaced arty as the scumbags of wot, i can hardly bring myself to play these as they just spoil the game. solution halve their hp

LazyCalf5928745 #48 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52798 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 30 May 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

That has nothing to do with it. I've always played with aim assist and it's never hindered me once. 

you will notice it when a red is peek a booing u say behind a rock, if your aim next to the rock and he pops out you shoot as he retreats the aim assist will move your aim to follow him so your shot hits the rock instead of next to the rock. 

westmech #49 Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8742 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 20 March 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

This is a player problem NOT a scout problem. It's not the scouts problem X tanker can't lead their shots, it's not the scouts problem X tanker left themselves open for a death circle, etc...etc...

This all boils down to getting better at dealing with scouts. I have absolutely no issue dealing with red scouts in any of my other tanks. None. Why? Cause I know how to deal with them....keep em at "arm's length" and DON'T let them get close. If you're in something squishy like a Borsig, NEVER be by yourself and follow the above advice. Keep those scouts at "arms length".

All of the complaining about scouts is a player issue, not a balance issue.....

This, this, and more this. +1

If you are in a light or medium tank you stick together or travel in pairs. If a red light tank over extends himself and is too far from his teammates you nail him. Load HE and track the little guy for your teammates.

I find people are whining about lights now because they don't know how to postion themselves on a map, they have no map awareness, and suffer from tunnel vision to the extreme. It doesn't matter how long you have played or how many matches you have, if you aren't incorporating these skills light tanks will be your bane. If they were to nerf the lights the same complainers will get stomped with fast mediums........

westmech #50 Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8742 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 30 May 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

you will notice it when a red is peek a booing u say behind a rock, if your aim next to the rock and he pops out you shoot as he retreats the aim assist will move your aim to follow him so your shot hits the rock instead of next to the rock. 

And good light tank drivers know this. Adapt and overcome. Turn off aim assist or move your tank. You obviously are at the disadvantage at this point.

SHRiIVIP #51 Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15813 battles
  • [-NL-]

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 30 May 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

lights truly replaced arty as the scumbags of wot, i can hardly bring myself to play these as they just spoil the game. solution halve their hp

No it hasn't. They can finally compete now. Just because TDs finally have a legitimate counter to how OP they are doesn't mean they spoil the game.

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 30 May 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Once again, it has never hindered me once. 

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

45 Tanks with 3 MoE

Spoiler

Snorelacks #52 Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23420 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 30 May 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

IMO LTs finally have some parity in the game...they've been outspotted too long by unbalanced TDs and mediums, corralled by corridor maps and limited foliage to passive scout...so now they've made them competitive for the vast majority of the player base that wants to go up the Light Tank lines.

Darn...that Object 268 with 395 HEAT pen, that broken Waffle E100 and that HESHStar with 275mm of pen have to think about their deployment now along with the fact that arty needs to be a little more creative on where they set up.

I think they've made the game more dynamic..and I've been on the giving and receiving end of them.

Edited by Snorelacks, 30 May 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Tempest fox3 #53 Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18067 battles

View PostMegaB0B0, on 20 March 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Instead of trying to follow the light with your aiming circle move your aiming circle ahead of its direction of travel, aim and fire.

You need a curtain level of prediction to know where the enemy is going to go.

Obviously using guns with slow shell velocity is harder than using guns with high shell velocity against a moving target as you'll need to give more lead on your target which gives them more time to dodge.

FYI - TD's are still used in modern day armies. Heavies and mediums 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Tempest fox3 #54 Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18067 battles

View PostSnorelacks, on 30 May 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

IMO LTs finally have some parity in the game...they've been outspotted too long by unbalanced TDs and mediums, corralled by corridor maps and limited foliage to passive scout...so now they've made them competitive for the vast majority of the player base that wants to go up the Light Tank lines.

Darn...that Object 268 with 395 HEAT pen, that broken Waffle E100 and that HESHStar with 275mm of pen have to think about their deployment now along with the fact that arty needs to be a little more creative on where they set up.

I think they've made the game more dynamic..and I've been on the giving and receiving end of them.

Tier 10 lights are tanks that have tier 9 medium tank guns, tier 8 heavy tank hitpoints. Some of the don't even have higher view range than their medium tank counterpart.

The only advantage they get is mobility (sometimes not even a significant advantage there see Wz-132a mobility) and the ability to retain their camo while moving (partially negated by silent driving and the fact mediums have higher view range / base camo in some cases)

Half the people moaning about lights have never played them at high tiers.

Try getting good instead of moaning about the weakest class in the game because someone outplayed you.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Saerbhreathach #55 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20900 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostLazyCalf5928745, on 30 May 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

The solution is for you to learn how to play....learn how to deal with scouts and stop being a campy scrub.....

In short get good ya scrub and learn how to deal with THE WEAKEST CLASS IN THE GAME.(not including arty) ;)

Snorelacks #56 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23420 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTempest fox3, on 30 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Tier 10 lights are tanks that have tier 9 medium tank guns, tier 8 heavy tank hitpoints. Some of the don't even have higher view range than their medium tank counterpart.

The only advantage they get is mobility (sometimes not even a significant advantage there see Wz-132a mobility) and the ability to retain their camo while moving (partially negated by silent driving and the fact mediums have higher view range / base camo in some cases)

Half the people moaning about lights have never played them at high tiers.

Try getting good instead of moaning about the weakest class in the game because someone outplayed you.

Not sure if you're directing this at me or not? I'm actually advocating for the T10 LTs and think they've made the game better. As far as "getting good" I think I'm doing just fine. :confused:

Tempest fox3 #57 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18067 battles

View PostSnorelacks, on 30 May 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Not sure if you're directing this at me or not? I'm actually advocating for the T10 LTs and think they've made the game better. As far as "getting good" I think I'm doing just fine. :confused:

Probably should have made it more clear, only the first paragraph was a reply to what you wrote.

Snorelacks #58 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23420 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostTempest fox3, on 30 May 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Probably should have made it more clear, only the first paragraph was a reply to what you wrote.

No worries...I thought it was clear enough.

LazyCalf5928745 #59 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52798 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 31 May 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

The solution is for you to learn how to play....learn how to deal with scouts and stop being a campy scrub.....

In short get good ya scrub and learn how to deal with THE WEAKEST CLASS IN THE GAME.(not including arty) ;)

Your insults betray immaturity and nievity.

USSWISCONSIN94 #60 Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9166 battles
  • [47R]
T-100 LT is main light tank at tier 10 that needs the nerf hammer IMO. That mobility is stupid with just how low it is too. Sherdain and T49 need their top speeds back though as nerfing them and ONLY them is stupid.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Also tagged with ideas, wot, world of tanks, future, premium, RNG, matchmaking, rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users