• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

carlos_dayoos #1 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4985 battles
  • [DUTCH]

Hi 

I stopped playing the game after the introduction of 3-5-7 template MM.

But before doing that, i had worked very hard reaching a WN8 of 1200 +  (i was pride of being labeled as "good" player by wotinfo.net)

So i came back a couple of months ago and me being gone for so long and also no changes in the current MM, i started to ruin my WN8 to the point that i am now "above average" again and that number is decreasing as we speak.

With my current skills and MM, its impossible to have a few good games in a row and instead my teams are getting steamrolled to the point that it has become impossible for me to book progress. Every time i do 3000 + damage in a game, the next few games will automatically become 0 damage etc, 

Despite really wanting to play more games, I am also scared to play since i don't want to make my WN8 worse.

You can now say that i have become a slave of my own stats to the point that it has stopped me from playing and enjoying the game.

Anymore players with the same problem?

DARTH TETRIS #2 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15881 battles
  • [BLT]

Either wrong forum or you are confused on MM. We don't follow the 3-5-7 template on WOT Console.

No, I haven't had this problem. I check my stats after I play but it doesn't drive how I play the game. I just want to win and earn XP. I want to play well (doing damage and assisting) in my favorite tanks.

If it bothers you that much may I suggest just don't ever look at WN8. Just play the game and enjoy tanking.

steelheadclan #3 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11991 battles
  • [XTNC2]

I’m enjoying WOT now more than ever. 

I care about my stats but I realize also that RNG and/or team is sometimes against me and that I still what to have fun. 

Sometimes I’ll do a stupid yolo just for the fun of it and I actually enjoy stupid plays as long as they’re planned. 

If you get a string of crappy teams deal with it, it always swings the other way eventually. 

Deadshot Strike #4 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 61261 battles
  • [DG]

View Postcarlos_dayoos, on 19 March 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hi 

But before doing that, i had worked very hard reaching a WN8 of 1200 +  (i was pride of being labeled as "good" player by wotinfo.net)

So i came back a couple of months ago and me being gone for so long and also no changes in the current MM, i started to ruin my WN8 to the point that i am now "above average" again and that number is decreasing as we speak.

With my current skills and MM, its impossible to have a few good games in a row and instead my teams are getting steamrolled to the point that it has become impossible for me to book progress. Every time i do 3000 + damage in a game, the next few games will automatically become 0 damage etc, 

Despite really wanting to play more games, I am also scared to play since i don't want to make my WN8 worse.

You can now say that i have become a slave of my own stats to the point that it has stopped me from playing and enjoying the game.

Just don't look at your stats and then you will start enjoying the game again.

Join Death or Glory Clan: https://console.worl.../clans/xbox/DG/

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 20034 battles

As mentioned above, WOT Console doesn't use that type of MM system.  Our MM sucks because of other things, but not because of that.  :P

Also, WN8 is just a number.  I played for the first couple of years without ever knowing about it because I never came to the forums.  I still don't really care what my WN8 is.  It doesn't determine how fun the game is, it's just a tool to help you gauge your performance in different tanks.  If it bothers you that much, I wouldn't even look at it.  

XB1: "The 360 is holding back the game!"

XB360: "Mmm... Your tears of unfathomable sadness are so yummy and sweet."

DaLuckyDawg #6 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22784 battles
I have only been playing 8 months and some of the best advice I ever got from experienced players was to be aware and look at your stats to see how to improve... but don’t let stats drive you or they will ruin the game for you.  With almost 20k battles I see their point.   Getting better and still long way to go.  I challenge myself with trying to work the TT and get different MOEs and Ace Tankers rather than worrying about stats.

TeichMegagamer #7 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2704 battles
  • [GRAP]

You've got 3 options.

1. Quit the game

2. Stop looking at that silly wn8.

3. Improve

Tips to improve your skill

Guderian9139 #8 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11741 battles
  • [-OFF-]

I don’t know the first thing about WN8...don’t care at all.  I drive tanks, have fun and try to help my team win the match.  

That is all :)

KilledByPing #9 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8743 battles
Looking at stats is the last thing you need if you want to have fun.

jprs201024 #10 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26864 battles
There are tips and tricks to improve your WN8... But if you are looking only to that you will never have fun on this game...

​This is just a game! I don´t care if my WN8 are low or if I have only 49% of WinRate! I only care to be in platoon with my teammates and have lots of fun playing with them, every night!

I only care to be good on my work!

This is only a game and it's made to we have fun!

​Relax

Edited by jprs201024, 19 March 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Badfaith PRIEST #11 Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15506 battles
  • [PRIME]
you haven't played 5000 battles and are concerned with numbers? If numbers are your true concern then perhapes you should look to yourself for the answer. I dont mean this to sound bad, but nothing stays bad forever and niether should you. Practice makes perfect and then the numbers will change if you go about it with the proper attitude.

DaLuckyDawg #12 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22784 battles

View PostBadfaith PRIEST, on 19 March 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

you haven't played 5000 battles and are concerned with numbers? If numbers are your true concern then perhapes you should look to yourself for the answer. I dont mean this to sound bad, but nothing stays bad forever and niether should you. Practice makes perfect and then the numbers will change if you go about it with the proper attitude.

Just realized that you aren’t even at 5k in battles.... it’s way to early to start thinking about stats.  If you care that much just use this account to learn everything you need to learn and then start a different account where you can pad stats if they mean that much to you.

rhymeswithN00bs #13 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15462 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Stop checking your wn8. No one else knows what it is or cares. Just play as best you can and don't let stats ruin the experience for you. At 4k games you're probably doing fine anyway, and if you keep playing your wn8 will go up without you even worrying about it.

XOXO, Noobius Y

Nicholas Sapien #14 Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32778 battles
  • [ACES]

I used to worry about my stats, but after I reached the super unicum threshold I just didn't care anymore.

I only play with friends or have a playlist of sabaton ready to go

​Member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club [ACES] Armoured Aces "Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny"

1: A leap of faith. An unproveable belief in a reality beyond this world. 2: suicide. Escaping a pointless existence. 3: acceptance of an Absurd existence, and the freedom that comes with creating your own meaning.

"He who snipes snipers, runs the risk of becoming the sniper himself. If you gaze into the scope, the scope gazes back"

CyberGopher #15 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15785 battles

View PostDeadshot Strike, on 19 March 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Just don't look at your stats and then you will start enjoying the game again.

This

I don’t actually know if I’m a good player according to stats or not and I don’t care.  After 2 years playing I still giggle like a school girl when I derp someone.  A lot of people forget that games are supposed to be fun.  Despite my antics I’m still usually on the upper quarter of the board 90 percent of the time.

I guess that means as bad as I may be there is a lot worse out there.

Minister of ducks

YV4N 3HT N1OJ #16 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3648 battles

That was genuinely amusing when you say you're scared to play.

Related image

I am sure everybuy gold knows there are no subliminal messages in this game.

"It is the everlasting honor and glory of our submarine personnel that they never failed us in our days of peril." -Chester W Nimitz

carlos_dayoos #17 Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4985 battles
  • [DUTCH]

Dear tankers, thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, it seems that i am the only one here bothering myself with the bloody stats so i will take a good look at myself and try to change my behavior.

To do better in general, i think that i have to change to another tank beside playing my E3 all the time. (the only tank i can do well in)

The game pace is so much higher compared to a year ago that i can't make my E3 kick butt any more like before :(

I think i am going to grind for a T-62A or an Obj. 140 and change the way i play altogether.

Edited by carlos_dayoos, 20 March 2018 - 07:45 AM.

Sovietdeath #18 Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14672 battles

View Postcarlos_dayoos, on 20 March 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

Dear tankers, thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, it seems that i am the only one here bothering myself with the bloody stats so i will take a good look at myself and try to change my behavior.

To do better in general, i think that i have to change to another tank beside playing my E3 all the time. (the only tank i can do well in)

The game pace is so much higher compared to a year ago that i can't make my E3 kick butt any more like before :(

I think i am going to grind for a T-62A or an Obj. 140 and change the way i play altogether.

Stats are only 1 method of trying to determine how good you are at the game, but by no means is it really all that important. My stats are barely above average, but I don't really care about it more then coming on and having a good time. 

I play as a support player and it has done well for me, I have good games and bad. But I do hold a high win% and green to blue WN8. I don't try to farm it or become a unicum I just have fun.

VeloTheMonk #19 Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20433 battles

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 19 March 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

You've got 3 options.

1. Quit the game

2. Stop looking at that silly wn8.

3. Improve

there are more option to improve a number on some third party website and these are the one wg really would like you to do.(i wouldnt suggest to do so)

play only the better  premium tanks, use only premium rounds, equip your tank with expensive goodies.

Nomad2001 #20 Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31095 battles
  • [FTW]

View Postcarlos_dayoos, on 19 March 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hi 

Carlos, Win8 is really meaningless if you want to have fun. I was a Beta tester from the beginning for the console on both the 360 and the One. I Supertested after go live until Aug of 2017, where I've been taking a break from testing. When I first started I had a Kill/Death ratio around 2.1, but now it's running around the 1.0 and sometimes below. Why? There's been quite a few changes since the beginning, but you'll find that the more you play the more likely you are to get on teams that simply don't play as teams. In the early days, there wasn't platoons, so if you were in a "party" you would go 1...2...3...Launch to try and get on the same team on the same map. Sometimes it worked and other times it didn't. Also back in those days people that were in party chat went into game chat to "communicate" with the rest of the team. Now there are so many "Trolls" playing the game that Party's don't go into game chat and there isn't any communication. The command prompts can only relay so much info, and people don't pay any attention to it most of the time. I platoon up with a few people, and I stay in game chat. Do not let your stats dictate how you play. I know that when I go over to the side that the lemming train hasn't gone to, that I'm most likely going to die a quick death with no kills, but why do I do it? Because I don't really care about my stats and someone has to check the flank. I'm not saying sacrifice yourself for the team, but I just don't really care about the stats anymore. I've got 25 Tier X tanks, over 220 tanks, with 40 or so empty slots. People are so obsessed with numbers on a video game it's funny. This is nothing like real life. Don't let it take over yours.

2po30ba.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users