WOT on track for World of Light tanks!

lights light tanks op overpower lights overpower

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

JUDGEMENTAWAITZ #21 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3049 battles

Easy fix...git rid of over powered auto loaders in light tanks (and everything else) and players will stop playing them. Problem solved.

R35T NO MORE #22 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13839 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostJUDGEMENTAWAITZ, on 24 March 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Easy fix...git rid of over powered auto loaders in light tanks (and everything else) and players will stop playing them. Problem solved.

Tier X TD alpha and 183 HESH is far worse.

MegaB0B0 #23 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 24 March 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

i do want all the TD damage reduced and replace with pen instead, in fact there should be Gold special ammo type, say special gold rounds that designed to shoot lights, a splash damage shell like arty that can disable lights as long as it is exploded near them. I be find with lights as long as a method is given for players in general to counter them. That is good game play balance. 

cause right now, i can challenge two unicum players to drive two Slow [edited]tier 9/10 TD with a big gun against another unicum player in a tier X light in a one on two dual. I will bet that lights player comes out winning well over 90%  of the time.  I watched a T49 take down a E4 and a g15, two tier X TD with turrets cant do a thing vs that thing.  

You cant say that on heavy against TD or even Medium against TD in the same challenge. Any one of you can proof me wrong or right with a training room trial experiment. 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

The Turkey Tank #24 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 24 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

just flank them in your E5

Spoiler

WN8:3900   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

El Materdor43 #25 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26179 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 24 March 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

This is the single biggest issue at tier X with Arty splash damage close behind 

The Turkey Tank #26 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

i do want all the TD damage reduced and replace with pen instead, in fact there should be Gold special ammo type, say special gold rounds that designed to shoot lights, a splash damage shell like arty that can disable lights as long as it is exploded near them. I be find with lights as long as a method is given for players in general to counter them. That is good game play balance. 

cause right now, i can challenge two unicum players to drive two Slow [edited]tier 9/10 TD with a big gun against another unicum player in a tier X light in a one on two dual. I will bet that lights player comes out winning well over 90%  of the time. 

You cant say that on heavy against TD or even Medium against TD in the same challenge. Any one of you can proof me wrong or right with a training room trial experiment. 

good luck with that, from experience I can tell you that 2 unis coordinating in E4s per say versus a t100lt is going to be a very quick match 

WN8:3900   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

R35T NO MORE #27 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13839 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

cause right now, i can challenge two unicum players to drive two Slow [edited]tier 9/10 TD with a big gun against another unicum player in a tier X light in a one on two dual. I will bet that lights player comes out winning well over 90%  of the time.  I watched a T49 take down a E4 and a g15, two tier X TD with turrets can do [edited]vs that thing.  

Shoot a tank in the track and it stops it. As for the 2v1, i doubt that very much. The 2 would have to be having a very bad day or be up against a uni of a far, far higher skill level. LTs require room to perform. If you let them dictate the engagement then you will lose. Make your opponent play to your strengths not theirs. 

MegaB0B0 #28 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 24 March 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

good luck with that, from experience I can tell you that 2 unis coordinating in E4s per say versus a t100lt is going to be a very quick match 

yeah like i said, proof me right or wrong and proof you right or wrong by the community. We got the players with the skills here to do it. Clans with reputation can do the experiment with training room. Record that and show to all.  
That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

R35T NO MORE #29 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13839 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

yeah like i said, proof me right or wrong and proof you right or wrong by the community. We got the players with the skills here to do it. Clans with reputation can do the experiment with training room. Record that and show to all.  

2 uni's are telling you how it would turn out. Would i need to step on a nail to test if it hurts? Turkey is amazing in LTs and i'm decent in HTs, so you're getting the same answer from both sides. 

CatSnipah #30 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20845 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostHis left hand, on 24 March 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Sure as hell beats World of Tank Destroyers.

this. 

I'm sure OP doesn't complain when city maps are high in rotation, which favor heavies and TDs. But is fast to cry about one match where he can't camp a corridor. 

MegaB0B0 #31 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 24 March 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

Shoot a tank in the track and it stops it. As for the 2v1, i doubt that very much. The 2 would have to be having a very bad day or be up against a uni of a far, far higher skill level. LTs require room to perform. If you let them dictate the engagement then you will lose. Make your opponent play to your strengths not theirs. 

Correct, thats why i have always stated in my argument: Wide open maps and there are tons of them in the current map rotation as a whole. I dont remember we get many that is city majority these days, as city maps are bad for arty already, they be render almost useless. Even lights can perform better than arty in city maps. 

MegaB0B0 #32 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 24 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

this. 

I'm sure OP doesn't complain when city maps are high in rotation, which favor heavies and TDs. But is fast to cry about one match where he can't camp a corridor. 

pretty much wrong, i dont like city maps, as i am looking from not just me playing as a player but from a game dev/ game play balance perspective. A type of map that restrict a type of tank type is a bad map. But a tank type that render THREE tank type in effective is WORST!

Panzer Cmndr #33 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7180 battles
  • [614TH]
Hope you have your flamesuit on, your are going to need it with this thread. Lights are the alpha currently and are the fan favorite. Very fast, maneuverable, rapid reload/autoload, insane visibility and does rather well with damage. A team of 5 of these will wipe a map rather quickly. I have looked at several pages dedicated to top tanks, lights are currently in the top as we see in most games. So, yes lights are OP, yes lights are the current alpha. No, I do not think anything will be done to change this. Those of us in heavy and TD tanks will learn to pull back and basically snipe as the lights control the front lines. :popcorn:

SpartanFire71 #34 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20328 battles
  • [-NB-]
Mega, one game or several games will never justify the claim.  It is too small of a sample size.  I played 109 battles during the China tank madness where 90% of those battles were the tier 9 WZ 111 1-4.  Win rate was 60% with purple WN8.  I also played over 100 battles during Japan tank madness, and most of those were in a tier 8 medium.  Win rate dipped to 56%, but still purple WN8.  Currently with the Sweden tank madness, I am playing a medium tier 6.  Win rate is 70% but WN8 dipped to dark blue.  I say all that to say, I have seen many lights at various tiers the past few weeks playing 100s of battles.  I even got circled by some, but in general, you are going to do fine playing at your level of performance.  Ultimately, you are going to see get gud type responses when complaining about any class is OP.  Focus on your game and improve.  One goal to start with is to consistently or average at least your tanks hit points in damage.  Then, you can build from there.

Arty players hate the game.  Gotta love being able to not use the full map because you must be "arty safe!" 

MegaB0B0 #35 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostPanzer Cmndr, on 24 March 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Hope you have your flamesuit on, your are going to need it with this thread. Lights are the alpha currently and are the fan favorite. Very fast, maneuverable, rapid reload/autoload, insane visibility and does rather well with damage. A team of 5 of these will wipe a map rather quickly. I have looked at several pages dedicated to top tanks, lights are currently in the top as we see in most games. So, yes lights are OP, yes lights are the current alpha. No, I do not think anything will be done to change this. Those of us in heavy and TD tanks will learn to pull back and basically snipe as the lights control the front lines. :popcorn:

how can you have Zero battles :)   Lights will control the front and more and more people will have to play it in order to have more fun and dont get killed like they are in other tank type. No one want to be shoot at and cant do much about it.

R35T NO MORE #36 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13839 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Correct, thats why i have always stated in my argument: Wide open maps and there are tons of them in the current map rotation as a whole. I dont remember we get many that is city majority these days, as city maps are bad for arty already, they be render almost useless. Even lights can perform better than arty in city maps. 

Tbf we had months of playing city maps recently, the meta urban and corridor maps. It was only in the last update where open maps got better weighting. 

MegaB0B0 #37 Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

View PostSpartanFire71, on 24 March 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Mega, one game or several games will never justify the claim.  It is too small of a sample size.  I played 109 battles during the China tank madness where 90% of those battles were the tier 9 WZ 111 1-4.  Win rate was 60% with purple WN8.  I also played over 100 battles during Japan tank madness, and most of those were in a tier 8 medium.  Win rate dipped to 56%, but still purple WN8.  Currently with the Sweden tank madness, I am playing a medium tier 6.  Win rate is 70% but WN8 dipped to dark blue.  I say all that to say, I have seen many lights at various tiers the past few weeks playing 100s of battles.  I even got circled by some, but in general, you are going to do fine playing at your level of performance.  Ultimately, you are going to see get gud type responses when complaining about any class is OP.  Focus on your game and improve.  One goal to start with is to consistently or average at least your tanks hit points in damage.  Then, you can build from there.

Thank you for your kind words, having played this game for four years, I do know a thing or two, i have played with the best players in the game and I know how mediums can perform in the game in good hands. But hey, even I can have a much larger chance shooting at the unicum level players in my TD/Heavy. But NOT shooting at the lights. I do think you have also proof my point: Lights and Medium are the superior tanks type of the game over all. Just as Real history, Lights remain and Mediums lead to MBT. Yet, this is a GAME, a developer needs to look at game play balance and tailor to the overall population and all skill levels. 

Many players already have tons of problem such as RNG, bad teams to counter with, now there is a tank type when in good hands that Three tank types even with pro or semi pros manning them cant properly shoot at with skill. 

This game mechanic has an AIM time aspect and accuracy, unlike COD, BattleField or Battlefront guns. It is all in RNG hands when heavy guns shooting at light tanks, that is no fun. The same complain goes for Arty, as hitting or not largely depended on RNG nearly half the time.

Forumers, only account for say 3% of players and they are likely the better players of a selected tank type or more. Given most good players in the game plays medium then now lights. It is rather clear the opinion in here will favour their new toy. 

Yet, are the forumers the bread and butter of this game? The day the population drops fast when competition shows up that draws other players that had enough of lights reducing the fun factor is the day we will regret and changes then might be too late..

CatSnipah #38 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20845 battles
  • [BNKR]

Lights reduce the fun factor? More people play lights?

thats REALLY being melodramatic. 

Lights are STILL, and always have been, the minority, only more populous than artillery. 

You simply aren't being rational. But I guess that's how you defend or cope with being forced to adapt. Denial and projection. 

MegaB0B0 #39 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9945 battles

Once again, My base argument is that in high tier games (7-10) TD and Heavies plus Arty players find it very hard to hit enemy Light tanks in open area maps regardless skill level. These machines became lethal once it gets to a one on one or even one vs two situation with aforementioned three tank types. The reason is that this game has a gun mechanic unlike all military light gun shooters that factorises Aim time and accuracy of the gun as well as gun depression limitation, combine with a console controller setup, it makes Three out of Five tank types very difficult in attacking one tank type from far to medium distance. 

I saw this as a game mechanic balance issue simply because a balance game should not given a tank type with an overwhelming advantage. There was a reason why in the past five years in PC, that light tanks were not introduced into the high tiers. The console restriction of controller aiming makes lights even harder to target than on PC (there is no deny that for general gamer population, mouse keyboard trumps controller by miles). 

Pit Friend #40 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28407 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Once again, My base argument is that in high tier games (7-10) TD and Heavies plus Arty players find it very hard to hit enemy Light tanks in open area maps regardless skill level. These machines became lethal once it gets to a one on one or even one vs two situation with aforementioned three tank types. The reason is that this game has a gun mechanic unlike all military light gun shooters that factorises Aim time and accuracy of the gun as well as gun depression limitation, combine with a console controller setup, it makes Three out of Five tank types very difficult in attacking one tank type from far to medium distance. 

I saw this as a game mechanic balance issue simply because a balance game should not given a tank type with an overwhelming advantage. There was a reason why in the past five years in PC, that light tanks were not introduced into the high tiers. The console restriction of controller aiming makes lights even harder to target than on PC (there is no deny that for general gamer population, mouse keyboard trumps controller by miles). 

It’s hard to hit Lights at high tiers. On the other hand it only takes one or two hits to kill Lights at high tiers or wreck them so badly they might as well be dead. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users