• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

pingwrx #41 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 17789 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

Thank you for your kind words, having played this game for four years, I do know a thing or two, i have played with the best players in the game and I know how mediums can perform in the game in good hands. But hey, even I can have a much larger chance shooting at the unicum level players in my TD/Heavy. But NOT shooting at the lights. I do think you have also proof my point: Lights and Medium are the superior tanks type of the game over all. Just as Real history, Lights remain and Mediums lead to MBT. Yet, this is a GAME, a developer needs to look at game play balance and tailor to the overall population and all skill levels.

Many players already have tons of problem such as RNG, bad teams to counter with, now there is a tank type when in good hands that Three tank types even with pro or semi pros manning them cant properly shoot at with skill.

This game mechanic has an AIM time aspect and accuracy, unlike COD, BattleField or Battlefront guns. It is all in RNG hands when heavy guns shooting at light tanks, that is no fun. The same complain goes for Arty, as hitting or not largely depended on RNG nearly half the time.

Forumers, only account for say 3% of players and they are likely the better players of a selected tank type or more. Given most good players in the game plays medium then now lights. It is rather clear the opinion in here will favour their new toy.

Yet, are the forumers the bread and butter of this game? The day the population drops fast when competition shows up that draws other players that had enough of lights reducing the fun factor is the day we will regret and changes then might be too late..

Since lights are so easy to play how about you pick a light tiers 7-10 play a 100 games for us then post the stats and show us how op they are.

Edited by pingwrx, 24 March 2018 - 02:12 PM.

MegaB0B0 #42 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9882 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 25 March 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Lights reduce the fun factor? More people play lights?

thats REALLY being melodramatic. 

Lights are STILL, and always have been, the minority, only more populous than artillery. 

You simply aren't being rational. But I guess that's how you defend or cope with being forced to adapt. Denial and projection. 

Oh no, I can go jump in to a light and medium and i had fun and thrills, just that i am looking at this from a development prospective, on what makes this game special compare to other shooters and why it managed to attract those players. If this game is getting closer to like COD / Battlefield type, why player would want to play it when there are better options out there? I can go play titanfall for that. 

I dont see arty able to turn around the whole game and design the outcome as quick as three minutes in to the game. I wont often see 2 arty racking up 8 kills but I see lights with 3 to 4 kills each in a great number of games. 
And as I stated in the past posts: first three minutes of the game is the battle of lights vs lights or lights vs mediums. The side with better lights and medium player will dominate the game as the lights now able to be aggressive and charge deep in enemy defence knowing the opposition lights and mediums are down, all heavies and TD plus Arty are great targets that cant shoot back as long as they dont make mistakes such as run off the cliff or ran head on to a rock. 

a 183 round may be able to destroy a light but only when it manage to hit it. 

The end result would become that in higher tiers, every one should go play lights or mediums, turn whole game into another fast pace shooter... That is going to happen, cause we saw what WOT League is like, fun to watch, but not fun to play against. 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

Inhuska #43 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [PSPR]
So what exactly you wish to be done to light tanks now?

View PostUnknown WoT-player, on 31 March 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Tactics for the round? Through the middle and straight to the garage. 

pingwrx #44 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 17789 battles
  • [ODH]

Lights are so easy to play ok read this guys experience.

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/209630-lycan-madness/#topmost

Sanlanthus #45 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18591 battles

View PostInhuska, on 24 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Sounds like he or she needs a hug and a good cry with other players that have been abused by the light tank drivers.

MegaB0B0 #46 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9882 battles

Looks like many of you dont get the core issue i am trying to raise: 

If the game continues to let two types of tank types to decide and dominate every game, it will slowly drive players away, the key to a free to play MMO (or pay MMO) is player numbers (look at how dead is Deadstiny2 and for that matter MGS survive.) 

If players find the game less and less fun and less and less diverse, they had to get good by playing one or two types of tank, then they would stop playing and supporting it. 

it might however attract players of other fast pace shooters in but would those players manage to patch up the number of players lost as they ditching the game because they dont find fun in playing other tank types that are not lights and medium? 

Path for all players would end up being:

Get in to Lights and medium and get good at it, so more and more players play these two type and less player play the other types of tanks

Find that arty TD and heavy are less fun as they are just canon folders for lights and mediums, and ditch the game

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

MegaB0B0 #47 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9882 battles

View PostInhuska, on 25 March 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

I wish i got the answer: you cant take away what lights does best: speed and mobility and smaller target size/mass, they go no amor already, so the only thing you can take away is their fire power. The reason why F-16 fighter was so successful was because it is a fast and agile plane that packs a lot of firepower on demand it was essentially a light tank of aviation. The marketing of F-16 is get the plane and get an airforce, means it can do anything. 

Same goes for a light tank in WOT, fast agile and packs a lot of firepower, it can do anything: kill all four types of tanks in the game and does it effectively.

Therefore only way to balance without making them easier to hit as just worst off than medium tanks is to reduce their fire power even further. 

Sanlanthus #48 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18591 battles

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

If the game continues to let two types of tank types to decide and dominate every game, it will slowly drive players away, the key to a free to play MMO (or pay MMO) is player numbers (look at how dead is Deadstiny2 and for that matter MGS survive.) 

If players find the game less and less fun and less and less diverse, they had to get good by playing one or two types of tank, then they would stop playing and supporting it. 

it might however attract players of other fast pace shooters in but would those players manage to patch up the number of players lost as they ditching the game because they dont find fun in playing other tank types that are not lights and medium? 

Get in to Lights and medium and get good at it, so more and more players play these two type and less player play the other types of tanks

Find that arty TD and heavy are less fun as they are just canon folders for lights and mediums, and ditch the game

Light tanks are not OP...I see lots of them killed off and the bottom of the xp chart at the end of every game.

I bet if you looked up the light tank drivers that are placing at the top of their team...like the general wn8 and the vehicle specific wn8 you'll start to notice a pattern.

SpartanFire71 #49 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20328 battles
  • [-NB-]
Mega, you have shifted from lights are OP to now lights and mediums.  Mediums have been called easiums ever since I started.  However, use wotinfo to look at the last 30 days of tier 10 and tier 9.  Lights and mediums are not dominating average damage and win rates.  You (along with others) may have had a bad experience dealing with them, but that doesn't mean they dominate every match.  A poor fast tank driver is just as bad as a poor heavy or TD driver.  Vice-versa is also true as good heavy and Yes will be successful as good fast tank drivers will.

Arty players hate the game.  Gotta love being able to not use the full map because you must be "arty safe!" 

Saerbhreathach #50 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19812 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Oh so it's the "core principles" then..... YOU don't seem to get that this is entirely a YOU PROBLEM and not a scout problem....

pingwrx #51 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 17789 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

And what a lot of us are seeing is yes the game has changed a bit since the rebalance of lights but I still see more tds and heavies than anything else in high tier games. I also see 90% of lights are driven by bad players at every tier.

Neurotic Cell #52 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19452 battles
  • [RATT]
In a match on Overlord yesterday, I was in my T34.  I ended up being last green standing.  Killed three lights that tried to circle of death me, forcing them to make part of that circle on an incline (slowing them down).  If I can do it, you can, too.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

MegaB0B0 #53 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9882 battles

View PostNeurotic Cell, on 25 March 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

In a match on Overlord yesterday, I was in my T34.  I ended up being last green standing.  Killed three lights that tried to circle of death me, forcing them to make part of that circle on an incline (slowing them down).  If I can do it, you can, too.

yeah i can kill lights in many situations, it is always map dependant, but what good is having me as last tank standing against three lights with 3 kills each, doesnt that also proof my point of them OP? the current and future larger map design clearly will favour light and medium tanks, but that doesn't mean it is fun on the receiving end of many games that enemy lights managed to take out your lights and left you with few avenue to counter them. What game balance need is to give player of other tank types some ways to tackle lights without rely heavily on RNG snap shot. i dont see that happening any time soon so, it is either you cant defeat them, join them or quit the game, and my point being: thats taking away the uniqueness of WOT, it is not a good thing.

Neurotic Cell #54 Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19452 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostMegaB0B0, on 24 March 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

yeah i can kill lights in many situations, it is always map dependant, but what good is having me as last tank standing against three lights with 3 kills each, doesnt that also proof my point of them OP? the current and future larger map design clearly will favour light and medium tanks, but that doesn't mean it is fun on the receiving end of many games that enemy lights managed to take out your lights and left you with few avenue to counter them. What game balance need is to give player of other tank types some ways to tackle lights without rely heavily on RNG snap shot. i dont see that happening any time soon so, it is either you cant defeat them, join them or quit the game, and my point being: thats taking away the uniqueness of WOT, it is not a good thing.

All I can tell you is you’re barking so far up the wrong tree there’s a squirrel on your shoulder.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

SpartanFire71 #55 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20328 battles
  • [-NB-]
Mega, you keep saying it proves my point.  Map position experience is key of any tank, so ensure you are in the best places.  It is not years, but battle count that will give you the experience. Sometimes you just have to make a bad situation work.  Sometimes it just won't work, but nice when it does   I was on Proka recently in the WZ 111 1-4 a couple times.  Crap gun depression has very little to do on that map.  I said F it, I am going to middle ridge as lights will spot a sniping heavy.  Close to 3000 damage both times.  Light tanks running around like crazy on the light tank dream map.  They even killed me one of the games, but they suffered the loss of many hit points in the process.  You have to figure out how to adjust.  Either play a different tank, or try different locations.

Arty players hate the game.  Gotta love being able to not use the full map because you must be "arty safe!" 

Curious Dan #56 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25136 battles
  • [-NS-]
Light tanks are hard to hit at range while moving? This makes sense to me. The problem here is that the OP was driving his T95 tank destroyer, knowing that it is one of the slowest tanks in the game, easily flanked by any tank that goes more than 30kph. Of course the T95 is vulnerable to light tanks, because it is very good at fighting mediums, heavies, and other TDs. This is just balance working as intended. Yesterday I saw 2 Waffentrager E-100s in a platoon kill 6 other players as the last tanks alive, including a light tank...

steelheadclan #57 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11984 battles
  • [XTNC2]

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 24 March 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

proper utilization of GIF confirmed!

I see the lights problem as this. 

World of a lot of people who refuse to engage brain. 

Killing lights is easy, I get killed and thwarted all the time in my light tank. 

I guess the match maker is only putting me in matches with capable players. 

Damn you match maker!

damn you wargaming!

I want potatoes damn it!

It’s not fair!

Posted Image

PirateTanker #58 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35802 battles
Hows your minecrafting going? Watch out for the wiggens folk tho they are OP

The Earth is Flat. 

GUSTO 24 7 #59 Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44452 battles
  • [4TH]
You lost me at "slow as hell T95"........

Damn the torpedoes.........full speed ahead!

IconicNemesis #60 Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9454 battles
What a time to be alive to see threads like this now, feels only like yesterday when lights had +4 MM and people laughed as they one shot them in there Jagpanther II 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users