Tier 1, matchmaker times out, please fix this asap.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

GameWinner_001 #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [TOP-N]

Almost evertime I want to play a tier 1 tank, the matchmaker times out.

And if it doesn't time out it takes 2-4 minutes until I am placed into a match.

This has been going on like this since 2016 already (see here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/142656-no-tier-1-matches-possible/). I complained about this already back then and was told by WG Vindicator in post #12 in the respective thread that "I should be able to enter tier 1 matches without a problem".

Yet there still is a problem to this day!

If I enter a queue there are enough people in queue with tier 1 tanks (see images). The matchmaker just does not seem to be willing to accept me in tier 1 matches most of the time...

How should one go hunting Mastery badges with tier 1 tanks if one gets a timeout most of the time or has to wait extra long?

I also have to correct my final post in that respective thread which I wrote too early: The problem of very long waiting times for tier 1 tanks still persists (but being kicked back into the garage after 5 minutes now works).

Over the last two years I also saw other players here in the forums complaining and above all wondering again and again about tier 1 queue waiting times and timeouts although there are enough tier 1 tanks in the queue.

Please fix this, I want to freely drive my tier 1 tanks in which I have put equipment.

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11624 battles
  • [WGW]
There is newbie protection so you'll only get a match if others are down there seal clubbing. 

MASHMAN 90 #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25774 battles

Why would you play Tier 1 anyway? Tier 2 Premiums such as the L-60 is bad enough for seal clubbing.

Youtube

Twitter

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

steelheadclan #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12034 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

There is newbie protection so you'll only get a match if others are down there seal clubbing. 

lol

#sealslivesmatter

Big Llama Poop #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

When I went through tier 1 and 2 I only got matches with a 3 man platoons seal clubbing the piss out of me.  Its fun when equipment and other features are disabled for the new players and your opponents are running 12 perk crews in that T_Rex abomination premium tank. The new player experience for this game is absolutely atrocious.

swamp_fox_009 #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13353 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

gg

hopefully this applies to tier 2 also

MASHMAN 90 #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25774 battles

View Postswamp_fox_009, on 26 March 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

gg

hopefully this applies to tier 2 also

Yup true, however WG doesn't help themselves by offering Tier 2 Premiums, i suppose theirs War Stories.

But Free Players will only have L-60 and that Japanese Tier 2 to train crews.

Youtube

Twitter

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

GameWinner_001 #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [TOP-N]

I already had a feeling that this would be the case....

But this is the first time I hear that from somebody from WG.

I have never read anywhere that from a certain point of time onwards players do not enjoy the freedom anymore to freely play their tier 1 tanks.

The position of tier 1 tanks in the tech trees and in each player's garage (if they own one) suggests that tier 1 tanks are just as normal as other tanks in the tech trees and can be played accordingly.

To let players get lost in the mm queue and find this fact out the hard way is .... quite disappointing in order to use polite words.

I wasted several hours to become suspicious enough in order to open this thread and the one from two years ago... - You can't imagine how annoyed I am because of how the whole matter has been handled by WG over the past years and about the absolute lack of transparency that the game offers in that regard.

It is also very annoying that it is such a chore to get into matches at tier 1 if one would like to hunt down the mastery badges for tier 1 tanks if one is not considered a newbie anymore by the system.

Constructive suggestion:

You should definitely do something about this, either insert this information in the game or let tier 1 tanks become normal tanks and send the newbies into Proving Grounds or some other offline testing grounds or even introduce an online mode specific for newbies which only they can enter and which is transparently labled as such.

GameWinner_001 #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

I just forgot to quote you, my reply is in post #8.

MASHMAN 90 #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25774 battles

View PostGameWinner_001, on 26 March 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

I already had a feeling that this would be the case....

But this is the first time I hear that from somebody from WG.

I have never read anywhere that from a certain point of time onwards players do not enjoy the freedom anymore to freely play their tier 1 tanks.

The position of tier 1 tanks in the tech trees and in each player's garage (if they own one) suggests that tier 1 tanks are just as normal as other tanks in the tech trees and can be played accordingly.

To let players get lost in the mm queue and find this fact out the hard way is .... quite disappointing in order to use polite words.

I wasted several hours to become suspicious enough in order to open this thread and the one from two years ago... - You can't imagine how annoyed I am because of how the whole matter has been handled by WG over the past years and about the absolute lack of transparency that the game offers in that regard.

It is also very annoying that it is such a chore to get into matches at tier 1 if one would like to hunt down the mastery badges for tier 1 tanks if one is not considered a newbie anymore by the system.

Constructive suggestion:

You should definitely do something about this, either insert this information in the game or let tier 1 tanks become normal tanks and send the newbies into Proving Grounds or some other offline testing grounds or even introduce an online mode specific for newbies which only they can enter and which is transparently labled as such.

What WG need to do is fetch a Co-Op Mode (don't mean War Stories) where it's Humans vs AI and the AI has the same tanks. Slightly increase the difficulty with each Tier perhaps or offer Newbie Protection for 10 Battles or when they reach Tier 3.

Similar to how World of Warships do theirs :)

As of right now, theirs War Stories but soon as you unlock Challenge Mode, new players are screwed.

Youtube

Twitter

GameWinner_001 #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

So, this is also the reason why tier 2 matches (tier 2 tanks as top tiers) only have 11 players per team as maximum?

(I cannot seem to find a match with tier 2 tanks as top tiers with 15 players per team.)

Isn't 15 players per team possible if tier 2 tanks are top tier or is it just a newbie filter working in the background combined with the fact that there is just such a small number of seal clubbers who are matched with me?

If so, also this should be stated somewhere in the game.

Old Man Premaux #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31199 battles
I am glad to hear this!  I use to play tier 1's during down loads.  I was thinking I was being bad till I was beaten by a platoon of MS-1's.  Looked them up and combined they had over 8,000 battles in just those tanks!  I mean you have to come up with a worse name than seal clubber!

jprs201024 #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27514 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

​This is only to tier 1? And it's also to XBox?
I'm asking this because I've found that I have two russian tanks lost in my tech tree to put "elite" - the T-70 (tier 3) and the T-80 (tier 4) - and I have played with this two tanks last week, and I've saw lots of platoons (usually clans members) at those tiers doing seal clubbing using premium tanks... (and yes, I know that I'm not a newbie, perhaps because that I found that big number of guys doing seal clubbing...)

Edited by jprs201024, 26 March 2018 - 04:43 PM.

Old Man Premaux #14 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31199 battles

Even if it is only the tier 1's that are protected it will also change the MM for the tier 2's.  Because less tanks in that ques means the 2's will be matched more with the 3's now. 

Tier 2 is now the old tier 1 for seal clubbing???? 

BDaddy Cheno #15 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16145 battles
  • [SPSR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I would imagine this would be so....otherwise too many new players would give up in frustration if EVERY match they tried they had no chance at all.....I find this happens to me once in a while when I am starting a new line or am going back to try tanks from when I first started and did not do so well in before moving on....I figure they are just trying to make it more welcoming to the low battle count players, and that is fine with me, although the wait time can be a bit annoying while the queue looks for other clubbers, er I mean, explorers of lower tier options....:trollface:  I don't know if they REALLY do this, but it sounds like a good idea to me to protect the newer low-count players until they get their feet wet, so to speak.....

IBROX 04 #16 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17837 battles
  • [BNKR]
Dunno the last time I saw tier 1, never mind playing it. 

Old Man Premaux #17 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31199 battles
WOT's like he mentioned if you are starting a new crew is MM based on your game ranking or crew level?  I understand that even with a new crew one the skilled player still has the upper hand.  I have played a large number of tier 2 battles myself but maybe (and I know this will not go over well) the protection should also apply to tier 2.  None of the special ops apply till tier 3 anyway.  They can experiment with TD and arty a little before being thrown out of the nest and good luck!   

DefiantSpurr #18 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11705 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostOld Man Premaux, on 26 March 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Even if it is only the tier 1's that are protected it will also change the MM for the tier 2's.  Because less tanks in that ques means the 2's will be matched more with the 3's now. 

Tier 2 is now the old tier 1 for seal clubbing???? 

​It's also ridiculous.How long do new players spend at tier 1? 

A handful of games?

Not very well thought out at all. 

everything i say is my own opinion.

Hi, my name is Defiantspurr My voice is my passport. Verify Me.

GameWinner_001 #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32443 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 14 April 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

​It's also ridiculous.How long do new players spend at tier 1? 

A handful of games?

Not very well thought out at all. 

I am the opinion that WG has slightly altered the newbie protection in the meantime since I started this thread.

A few days ago I did an experiment:

I played tier 1 for 2 hours and 15 minutes straight. Only tier 1. I did not receive a single time-out  :), although there were only few players playing tier 1.

In the past, before I complained about it, I received time-outs very often, sometimes even three times in a row (!) (which equals 15 minutes of pure waiting time for nothing).

I played tier 1 that day because I wanted another Mastery badge for my T22 Proto because I would like to have it on video. So far I failed to get it again, maybe some more matches needed.

But I used this occasion also to check out the enemy team's player profiles: Usually there was always at least one player with more than 1,000 matches in the enemy team (if not more such players). Except for one time. That one time the enemy team had 4 players in total. Their "matches played" numbers were as follows: 10, 2, 5 and 109. -> They were all newbies (in my opinion).

THANK YOU WG FOR MAKING THE EXPERIENCE A LOT SMOOTHER in tier 1 while keeping a newbie protection in place (because sometimes I had to wait until 3:50 minutes -> then the matchmaker finally decided to give me a match. That's why I think there still is a newbie protection)!   :):):):)

Edited by GameWinner_001, 15 June 2018 - 09:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users