Jump to content


SecndChance and the rest of WG staff in Emeryville

Thread.

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

R35T NO MORE #1 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14214 battles
  • 21,080
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

I was going to write this on or closer to the 31st but you will all no doubt be busy so doing it now whilst i have some free time. 

 

As some of you will know WG are closing their Emeryville office on the 31st, and any staff that are unable to transfer to WG's Austin office in Texas will lose their jobs. That isn't a small distance so a fair few will no doubt end up leaving WG. Alot of the staff have been there for years helping to keep WoT running and helping players. 

 

To the staff at Emeryville who can relocate, good luck in Austin and i hope Texas is nice :great:. For those who can't, it really is huge shame to lose you. I know this place and the game population can be very toxic but the work you guys have done is appreciated, thank you, and i sincerely wish you the best of luck for the future :honoring:

 

Clown, we need to get some games in on COD mate :playing:


Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


drewptwo #2 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6298 battles
  • 490
  • [T-HED]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015
Dilly! Dilly!!!

CatSnipah #3 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21590 battles
  • 4,071
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013
Sometimes business is harsh. Yet every decision impacts lives. I try to keep that in mind as I navigate my personal and professional lives.

isic #4 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23248 battles
  • 1,108
  • [SHART]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014
Well said!
Quit your whining and grow a pair! @wotisic

Coupdeteat #5 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25305 battles
  • 727
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014

Well that sucks. 

The Southwest is fun for those who make the move though. 



N333DL3 #6 Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31411 battles
  • 2,394
  • Member since:
    05-26-2014
Yet another company/office in California opting to move to the Lone Star State.  I left California about 12 years ago and it was one of the best things I ever did.  To those of y'all coming to Texas, your going to love the BBQ.  Head down to Lockhart and try some brisket.

DefiantSpurr #7 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12372 battles
  • 1,790
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014
wl{{191*7}}rm

everything i say is my own opinion.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzcAleBFZ4c4ynWXXkZItQ


 


R35T NO MORE #8 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14214 battles
  • 21,080
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 26 March 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

wl{{191*7}}rm

Forum broke again?


Credit to Violet viper for my sig.


KinkyFascist #9 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2079 battles
  • 306
  • Member since:
    07-02-2016
Congratulations on the office change! Texas is a wonderful state, much cheaper cost of living than Cali, and hasn't been invaded by the tech wave yet. 

rhymeswithN00bs #10 Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16013 battles
  • 10,812
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014

To the folks who are moving, welcome to Texas ya'll! To everyone else, best of luck with your new endeavors.

 

Austin isn't cheap but it's probably cheaper than living in the SF area, so that's a plus.


 

XOXO, Noobius Y


Sohbrikay #11 Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12419 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    07-22-2017

View Postdrewptwo, on 26 March 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Dilly! Dilly!!!

 

To the pit of despair!

 

Good luck to all staff, moving on or moving to Texas, I hope you like steak!


Sobriquet. Sohbrikay, Soh - bri - kay....

 

Say it with me : Cannon - Fodd - errrrr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOT / Dia de los Muertos dedicated - https://i.imgur.com/zPFtsFl.jpg


M1A1miniKILLER #12 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30423 battles
  • 237
  • [NFADL]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 26 March 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

To the folks who are moving, welcome to Texas ya'll! To everyone else, best of luck with your new endeavors.

 

Austin isn't cheap but it's probably cheaper than living in the SF area, so that's a plus.

I wonder if houston or dallas would have been better location for the office 



rhymeswithN00bs #13 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16013 battles
  • 10,812
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2014

View PostM1A1miniKILLER, on 26 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

I wonder if houston or dallas would have been better location for the office 

 

Maybe, but Austin has a lot of other tech companies and also game developers with offices there, and WG already has an office in austin. Personally I would rather live in Austin than H town or Big D :hiding:

 

XOXO, Noobius Y


M1A1miniKILLER #14 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30423 battles
  • 237
  • [NFADL]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostrhymeswithN00bs, on 26 March 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

Maybe, but Austin has a lot of other tech companies and also game developers with offices there, and WG already has an office in austin. Personally I would rather live in Austin than H town or Big D :hiding:

 

not with how bad austin has gotten since the great migration of the californication of it 

killer etzi0 #15 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 51521 battles
  • 16,506
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Great post OP, and to any of the staff new to Austin, look my up in a PM, can tell you all the good foodie locations! Plus Austin is on the door step to the Texas Hill Country, with it's endless supply of great out door locations. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


ClownFluffer #16 Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:45 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 581 battles
  • 1,082
  • [TROLL]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 26 March 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

I was going to write this on or closer to the 31st but you will all no doubt be busy so doing it now whilst i have some free time. 

 

As some of you will know WG are closing their Emeryville office on the 31st, and any staff that are unable to transfer to WG's Austin office in Texas will lose their jobs. That isn't a small distance so a fair few will no doubt end up leaving WG. Alot of the staff have been there for years helping to keep WoT running and helping players. 

 

To the staff at Emeryville who can relocate, good luck in Austin and i hope Texas is nice :great:. For those who can't, it really is huge shame to lose you. I know this place and the game population can be very toxic but the work you guys have done is appreciated, thank you, and i sincerly wish you the best of luck for the future :honoring:

 

Clown, we need to get some games in on COD mate :playing:

Thank you for this thread, best wishes and for all the memories we take with us. Many of us were here from the Beta and what a ride it has been.

 

I sent this thread to all of our console teams from the CA office....many thanks from all of us here.


SecndChance, were you fired?...Nope!:  WGA Office Closure + Relocation                                    How to Submit a Support Ticket

Need help with a purchase made in-game or have yet to receive the goods: Missing PS4 Purchase or Missing Xbox Purchase

Server Health Check: XBox Live Server Status  XBox Issue reported by players (downdetector.com )

PSN Server Status     PSN Issue reported by players  (downdetector.com )

To turn on your forum PM/InBox, >>>CLICK ME<<<<


ThermalStone #17 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26234 battles
  • 3,589
  • [80085]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014
Sorry to hear about you leaving the Bay Area.  I grew up in San Jose, went to school at Berkeley, currently live in SF.  It's expensive for a reason: it's pretty great to live here.  I've had a lot of friends move away in the past ten years, it's about 50/50 regret vs. best decision.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

 


deadman1921 #18 Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22142 battles
  • 730
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

Texas is great.

 

Austin is very left lol. Still a great area!

 

Good luck WG staff and for those who head this way, welcome to The Lone Star State!

 

And you can go and fire a real Easy 8 out on the Ranch (last live firing 76mm M4A2E8 in the world I hear), or drive a Leopard, or a T-34-85 (this one shoots too), or a FV101, or a German half-track motorcycle, or crush cars with a Chieftain Mk6, or shoot some ARTY lol!! They even have FLAME THROWERS!!!!

 

 

 


Edited by deadman1921, 26 March 2018 - 11:55 PM.

Soldiers of the One

 


Tempest fox3 #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18464 battles
  • 14,084
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postdeadman1921, on 26 March 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Texas is great.

 

Austin is very left lol. Still a great area!

 

Good luck WG staff and for those who head this way, welcome to The Lone Star State!

 

And you can go and fire a real Easy 8 out on the Ranch (last live firing 76mm M4A2E8 in the world I hear), or drive a Leopard, or a T-34-85 (this one shoots too), or a FV101, or a German half-track motorcycle, or crush cars with a Chieftain Mk6, or shoot some ARTY lol!! They even have FLAME THROWERS!!!!

 

 

 

 

Maybe we'll finally get that sound upgrade lol.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


El Materdor43 #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:29 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27964 battles
  • 7,687
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 26 March 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

I was going to write this on or closer to the 31st but you will all no doubt be busy so doing it now whilst i have some free time. 

 

As some of you will know WG are closing their Emeryville office on the 31st, and any staff that are unable to transfer to WG's Austin office in Texas will lose their jobs. That isn't a small distance so a fair few will no doubt end up leaving WG. Alot of the staff have been there for years helping to keep WoT running and helping players. 

 

To the staff at Emeryville who can relocate, good luck in Austin and i hope Texas is nice :great:. For those who can't, it really is huge shame to lose you. I know this place and the game population can be very toxic but the work you guys have done is appreciated, thank you, and i sincerly wish you the best of luck for the future :honoring:

 

Clown, we need to get some games in on COD mate :playing:

Well said R35T

 

Best of luck to those who don’t/ can’t relocate in finding a job. Thanks for putting up with us!!


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 






Also tagged with Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users