• Players
  • 7176 battles
  • [KTX_T]

:P honestly

CrashTESTDUFUS #182 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13059 battles
lag switching on 360 is a fact not fiction there are multiple videos on how to do this they are not hard to find. as far as modded 360 goes this is abigger problem then it used to be simplely because microsoft doesnt care about 360 anymore.

Soogen7 #183 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7319 battles
What is a good choice for a good light tank ? Only used the m7 

Corporal Derpy #184 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostCrashTESTDUFUS, on 13 September 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

i have a question about the spotting mechcanic. i have noticed something a little strange i was playing my t29 on ensk im engaging an enemy tank i get spotted i take evasive action because there is arty to contend with as im relocating arty fiers at me but misses i manage to relocate and when i do this i don move strait back i move in more of a sideways and backward s curve and i have relocated to a new cover spot i detect an enemy line him up im about to fire at him and then bam bam 3/4 of my health gone because arty hits me with pinpoint accuracy even though my six sense didnt go off and i hadnt fired from this position i find hard to believe i got counter battery fire when there is no way arty could know where i was at the time is this some kind of modded xbox player or what. also have you seen the youtube video about how to lag switch in wot and how prevalent is this on 360

This was on Ensk, and you were in a T29.

So immediately what's more likely to happen is that the Arty had already pre-aimed either knowing you were gonna show up there, and took a shot just to see if you had got there by then. Or simply just took the shot hoping someone would be there, and got lucky.

Pinpoint Accuracy? Unlikely, he lobbed a shot in a frequented area and happened to hit the tank that was in that area without knowing it was actually there or not, by all means his shot could have flung past and only done splash damage. You ever watched a tank heading in a direction, go unspotted, take a shot and happen to get lucky with where you thought they would be and hit. It's like that except his gun does a lot more damage than your T29's.

No, I've not watched a video on how to lag switch on WoT. The most interest I have in watching conspiracy theories/things that don't exist are Ghosts mostly because it's hilarious to see how some people will react, and some of them are genuinely good attempts to pretend they are a thing. It is however a 13 year old Console so the fact the game can have issues at times caused by trying to handle everything going on in game does not surprise me, that's a Console issue not someone lag switching though.

View PostUsain Salt, on 13 September 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

It's a long shot but ..........Would you like to join the kings imperial guard & serve under the true messiah himself, King North TX ?? since i became a disciple of his my life changed for the better !!                                                                                                                                    best regards, Brother usain.

The only Imperial Guard I'll ever be a bloody part of is the Imperial Guard of Greggs that every British citizen is required to be a part of by tradition.

View PostLadyTanker, on 13 September 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

He can't ask because he's been permanently banned. He still has people loose though. I don't want to derail Derpy's thread or get it locked or deleted so I won't comment any further on this specific topic. 

He's gone? It's finally over?

View PostCrashTESTDUFUS, on 13 September 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

lag switching on 360 is a fact not fiction there are multiple videos on how to do this they are not hard to find. as far as modded 360 goes this is abigger problem then it used to be simplely because microsoft doesnt care about 360 anymore.

Oh I recall lag switching being a genuine thing, back when Halo 3 was a new game.

These days, specifically on a version of a game on a 13 year old Console that also plays with two versions of a better Console. (Xbox One and Xbox One X). But in a way that only affects the old as hell one. I have as much confidence in that being a thing as WGCB turning over a new leaf and managing to save the game.

I've nothing against people who still keep old Consoles, but my N64 doesn't play Online so I'm not exactly limiting the potential of games by sticking to such an old Console. 

View PostSoogen7, on 13 September 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

What is a good choice for a good light tank ? Only used the m7 

The French Lights I believe at this point are genuinely good vehicles, with the 13 57 Premium being one of the best overall Lights at the tier, though the Lycan and Awful Panther are also incredibly strong due to not receiving nerfs or changes with the rest of the Lights in the LT Rework, however I'm unsure how easily available either of them are.

The American Lights I personally don't think are that great given how tall the most of them are, and while I enjoyed the T21 back in the day I have no idea how fun it remains after the LT Rework.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

'Don't give me that look, this is Teamwork! I'm the team, you're the work. Now get to it, trooper!'

CrashTESTDUFUS #185 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:09 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13059 battles
hey derpy its easy to say that the 360 is holding the game back but until microsoft get their [edited]together as far as the rural market goes the fact that xbox one and one data requirement are 10times what the 360 is on my isp i can only afford the 300gig package which costs me over 100 dollars a month and they are a monopoly. i would love to get a one x but im not going to waste 190 gigs to download a game that should already be on the disc microsoft has enacted this strategy to destroy the used game market since  microsoft and other game companies are complaining they are losing money to this market when in its actually the fact that these companies cant complete games 100% before release so they release them filled with glitches that have to be fixed with updates  gamers are sick and tired of having to put up with this practice so they wait until they can get the game used.why would anyone pay 75 bucks for an incomplete game.

JelliedPenny08 #186 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12070 battles
If you are after a Lycan they will most likely be earnable and also available in store around Halloween. There may be other Light tanks earnable at the same time, like the Hollenhund and Dragon. I don't have them to know how they compare to the Lycan though, but that is a proven light tank. 

Proflex08 #187 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14004 battles
  • [PAC]

Would you be willing to pen some tutorials for the wot help program?

We could really use the assistance of your knowledge on explaining game mechanisms and strategies to play properly.

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

Corporal Derpy #188 Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20764 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostCrashTESTDUFUS, on 14 September 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

hey derpy its easy to say that the 360 is holding the game back but until microsoft get their [edited]together as far as the rural market goes the fact that xbox one and one data requirement are 10times what the 360 is on my isp i can only afford the 300gig package which costs me over 100 dollars a month and they are a monopoly. 

It's easy to say that the 360 is holding the game back, because it's a 13 year old Console. And WoTC is one of the only things that still actively supports it and Online Play, let alone playing with Xbox One users. Most dropped support a while ago for good reason, so that they don't have to keep it limited to what a 360 can handle.

A game I enjoy greatly on Console had a DLC release, but only on the PC Version. And while I'm a tad sad about that I can understand why after playing it on PC and seeing just how much of a rave party the final boss becomes on Challenge Mode that even an Xbone might struggle to cope with. I'll just need to get used to WASD one day.

Now some people have genuine reasons why they stick with the 360, but a lot of them come down to just being stubborn. To what extent it detriments the game remains up to the individual and I'd gladly say WGCB are doing a better job at causing issues with the direction it is heading than having to keep the older Console still supported, but we have seen maps like Skorpion Pass reduced in size and a regular version of Ruinberg removed once they decided to add them to Xbox as well as PS4, because the 360 could handle neither.

View PostCrashTESTDUFUS, on 14 September 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

i would love to get a one x but im not going to waste 190 gigs to download a game that should already be on the disc microsoft has enacted this strategy to destroy the used game market since  microsoft and other game companies are complaining they are losing money to this market when in its actually the fact that these companies cant complete games 100% before release so they release them filled with glitches that have to be fixed with updates  gamers are sick and tired of having to put up with this practice so they wait until they can get the game used.why would anyone pay 75 bucks for an incomplete game.

Not sure which game you're thinking of that needs 190gigs.

The largest I ever had was Halo MCC which of course had a whopping 5 games all compiled onto it, and they recently released an update that means you can choose which games to download or not for it. So I can keep that dreadful Halo 4 off of it and stick to the good Halo games instead.

The used game industry has always been something big companies like to put blame on but it's not like they actually do that much to stop it given how dangerous it'd be for them to attempt it. I got the whole package that is MCC for 10 quid and it's not like I've had any problems outside of problems that MCC has always had based on the fact it tries to have like 4 different game engines working all at once on the same disk.

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 14 September 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

If you are after a Lycan they will most likely be earnable and also available in store around Halloween. There may be other Light tanks earnable at the same time, like the Hollenhund and Dragon. I don't have them to know how they compare to the Lycan though, but that is a proven light tank. 

Hollenhund I couldn't say anything about, but the Dragon and thus the Type 62 as well turned out to be a complete utter disappointment and one of my most hated tanks to date.

I liked the WZ-131 a lot prior to the LT Reworks, being one of the only Lights I genuinely enjoyed for its ability to perform (I do like the M41B, but I like it because it's amusing watching an E100 freak out at being hit for 40 damage, not because it's actually competitive at all which it ain't). And so the Type 62 being similar to that and not being completely demolished like the 131 was in the LT Rework, but then it turned out to be utter garbage and probably less competitive than the 131 was after the changes.

I've played a lot of tanks with high fire chances or just known to regularly light up even with low fire chance cause of say an engine in the lower frontal plate. And I've played most of the Chinese line known for module damage, yet I probably had one tank get up to 5 Fires during the entire play time in it, before the Crew was entirely trained in those skills nor had an AFE.

The Type 62 WITH an AFE and Crews trained in both Preventative Maintenance and Firefighting for when I no doubt had to use the AFE, lit up like 20+ Times in the 111 Battles I played it.

View PostProflex08, on 14 September 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Would you be willing to pen some tutorials for the wot help program?

We could really use the assistance of your knowledge on explaining game mechanisms and strategies to play properly.

I'll write what I can about what I'm asked, like I've done in this thread.

But I do prefer answering specifically to what someone is asking than a whole tutorial wall of text that might just happen to answer someone's question on a subject or not they may have wondered about were they to actually bother reading through it. 

That said, I can at least attempt to write spiels, when I'm not busy on D2 trying to increase levels hoping to do the new Raid one day or Xenoblade DLC coming out in the next week to eat up a lot of my time.

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

'Don't give me that look, this is Teamwork! I'm the team, you're the work. Now get to it, trooper!'

Proflex08 #189 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14004 battles
  • [PAC]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 16 September 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'll write what I can about what I'm asked, like I've done in this thread.

But I do prefer answering specifically to what someone is asking than a whole tutorial wall of text that might just happen to answer someone's question on a subject or not they may have wondered about were they to actually bother reading through it. 

That said, I can at least attempt to write spiels, when I'm not busy on D2 trying to increase levels hoping to do the new Raid one day or Xenoblade DLC coming out in the next week to eat up a lot of my time.

Alright, thanks. I'll talk to HaloPro058 and pr0fit0fcanabis to see if they would like you to write something up, or just direct people here. 

Need help? Try Wot help. By players for players. 

http://forum-console...estions-thread/

"never interrupt the enemy while they are making a mistake, that would be rude","If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid " the Mighty Jingles. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users