a question i felt had to be asked, why do people hate The Nameless?

The Nameless Nameless

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Vampire_Izumi #1 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [LEONI]

i want to ask this question because, people argue it is OP when in reality it has:

1. problems bouncing same tier guns on the thickest part of it's armor.
  2. MAJOR gun depression issues. has trouble with anything 100m or closer due to gun depression.
  3. is VERY limited with most maps because of hilly/bumpy terrain.
  4. is easily flanked, is tall and has poor camo values.

if it was as OP as people said it was, there would still be a lot of them driving around. heck in my honest opinion, i think it did not deserve a nerf. if people really wanted it to be nerfed, it should of gotten a top speed reduction. but to be honest the speed means nothing if you can not aim down.

most of the time that i play it, i get penned in 4 areas every time.

most penned areas
armor thickness

this is also a tank that is very hard to angle because:

1.  domed front, makes it where you have to over-angle in order to increase your upperplate's effectiveness but exposes your drive wheel in the process.
  2. side-scraping is difficult because of :

3.front lights reduce your gun depression to around 2 degrees (from 5)

Gun Depression

so, please tell me why you hate this tank down below. i am very curious of your reasons and thoughts.

what do you think they could do to make the tank better?(I.E giving up 10 top speed for 10% more armor on the upper plate and turret face.)(sarry for this post, but was curious and it is a tank i really like.)

Thank You for any Feedback!

Edit:i also just looked at the PC version because i was curious, the nameless on there has a better rate of fire 6.95(6.67 Console),

a better aim time 2.21s(2.30s console) and better accuracy 0.35(0.37 console)+ it has the 220 frontal hull and 240 turret face.

Edited by greenteam117, 03 April 2018 - 09:58 PM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

EatingCheese571 #2 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 79753 battles
  • [A4C]
the last time i used mine was 03/01/18 21:39  . the gun depression is poop, to me the tank is only good for the lunar event where you can shoot at the stars

Coupdeteat #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30586 battles
  • [HIRAM]
People hate it because like the edelweiss it is completely fictional. Not even a slight basis in the real world...and a lot of people just hate the look of the stupid thing. This game has a lot of players who are huge ww2 historians...and to see a tiger fighting some jet powered thing is just ridiculous in their eyes. 

Merun #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 03 April 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

People hate it because like the edelweiss it is completely fictional. Not even a slight basis in the real world...and a lot of people just hate the look of the stupid thing. This game has a lot of players who are huge ww2 historians...and to see a tiger fighting some jet powered thing is just ridiculous in their eyes. 

this, this and a thousand times this

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

Just a german guy who loves to play weird tanks.

Playing on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Tanks to kill: 73(11 T, 8 M, 54 P)

Vampire_Izumi #5 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 04 April 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

"The canon design draws off the King Tiger for both the hull and the turret, the latter of which resembles the prototype turret used on the early versions"

http://valkyria.wiki...i/Nameless_Tank

Marks of Excellence:

Coupdeteat #6 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30586 battles
  • [HIRAM]
It looks about as much like a tiger as my Honda does a bugatti...but I was just answering your question...you don't need to defend it if you like it. Just enjoy it...in silence...at hours when I don't have to see it lol

DenserFlyer173 #7 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21899 battles
  • [HI5]
because a lot of players just auto-aim and fire heat and get mad when they dont do damage,i really love mine but i always get matched on tier x

Merun #8 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

The tanks are like Frankenstein's Monster. Take something from this tank, take something from that tank, make it that even the mother of that thing doesn't recognize it anymore and voilà you have a Nameless.

Ok, the WT auf E100 is as fictional as these tanks, but it isn't that far away from history. All other tanks are at least based on and close to historical tanks or projects.

Vampire_Izumi #9 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostMerun, on 04 April 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

The tanks are like Frankenstein's Monster. Take something from this tank, take something from that tank, make it that even the mother of that thing doesn't recognize it anymore and voilà you have a Nameless.

Ok, the WT auf E100 is as fictional as these tanks, but it isn't that far away from history. All other tanks are at least based on and close to historical tanks or projects.

with the WT auf E-100 part, 
"There is nothing historically accurate about this tank, other than the separate existence of the E-100 chassis and the autoloading 150mm AA gun for stationary mounts. No proposal to mate them was ever known to be made."

Marks of Excellence:

Merun #10 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

View Postgreenteam117, on 03 April 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

with the WT auf E-100 part, 
"There is nothing historically accurate about this tank, other than the separate existence of the E-100 chassis and the autoloading 150mm AA gun for stationary mounts. No proposal to mate them was ever known to be made."

That is exactly what I said. It is fictional but not that far away from history, as there were the different components available but not joint together as it is here

Vampire_Izumi #11 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostMerun, on 04 April 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

That is exactly what I said. It is fictional but not that far away from history, as there were the different components available but not joint together as it is here

but also, from my post earlier

View Postgreenteam117, on 04 April 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

"The canon design draws off the King Tiger for both the hull and the turret, the latter of which resembles the prototype turret used on the early versions"

http://valkyria.wiki...i/Nameless_Tank

it does draw from the King Tiger(Tiger II) in Design.

Marks of Excellence:

Merun #12 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

View Postgreenteam117, on 03 April 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

but also, from my post earlier

it does draw from the King Tiger(Tiger II) in Design.

It draws off maybe but the shape is out of control. The E-100 chassis existed and the gun too. Putting both together is not the same as taking a Tiger II chassis, changing the shape of it(making it bulkier and the front round, completely change the rear) to a near unrecognisable status and do something similar to the turret.

It is a matter of the degree of unhistoricalness. Put two things that are there together, ok. Someone over 70 years ago could have come up with that, as this was a normal procedure. See a tank and let a child do a drawing of it and put that drawing into a game with nearly only historical tanks. Not ok.(at least for me)

KillDozer33 #13 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5581 battles

View PostCoupdeteat, on 03 April 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

^Preach on brother Coupdeteat! Yeah this & they don't scare me much anyway, I avoid them just on the basis that they are so stupid & out of place in a game that's at least somewhat based in fact. Someone dumb enough to waste money on those well they don't even deserve a chance so engage me on the battlefield.

Edited by KillDozer33, 03 April 2018 - 10:53 PM.

Vampire_Izumi #14 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostMerun, on 04 April 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

It draws off maybe but the shape is out of control. The E-100 chassis existed and the gun too. Putting both together is not the same as taking a Tiger II chassis, changing the shape of it(making it bulkier and the front round, completely change the rear) to a near unrecognisable status and do something similar to the turret.

It is a matter of the degree of unhistoricalness. Put two things that are there together, ok. Someone over 70 years ago could have come up with that, as this was a normal procedure. See a tank and let a child do a drawing of it and put that drawing into a game with nearly only historical tanks. Not ok.(at least for me)

but you are forgetting 1 HUGE thing about the WT auf E-100, the giant turret that did not exist.

"An entirely fictional tank created out of various components from the German parts bin cobbled together and filed to fit, the WT E-100 is an anachronism unmatched by any other vehicle in World of Tanks." http://wiki.wargamin...ffentrager_E100

Edit: also unlike other E-100 tanks in game, this one does not have side Skirts.

Edited by greenteam117, 03 April 2018 - 11:06 PM.

Marks of Excellence:

Merun #15 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12379 battles
  • [FRONT]

View Postgreenteam117, on 03 April 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

but you are forgetting 1 HUGE thing about the WT auf E-100, the giant turret that did not exist.

"An entirely fictional tank created out of various components from the German parts bin cobbled together and filed to fit, the WT E-100 is an anachronism unmatched by any other vehicle in World of Tanks." http://wiki.wargamin...ffentrager_E100

Better one thing that didn't exist added to hold both things together, than a complete tank of what nothing existed.

f1mitku #16 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47930 battles

Pretty good description. +1

I hate The Nameless mainly because of that crappy gun depression. And that’s why I’ve renamed it to The Useless. Deeply regret this purchase. And since then I’m far more cautious when they sell something “balanced” (nerfed to oblivion and a.k.a. gelded) and passed many other turds that I could buy else.

So this GD must be fixed and should be min 5-6 degrees above the front lights and better at the other zones. So let’s say - add 3-4 degrees on all zones. I could live with the rest. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Tight_Fade9 #17 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3340 battles
Very nice post Green. Well put together and thought out. Would be nice to have someone like you on the design team

Thra5her 90 #18 Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11152 battles

View PostCoupdeteat, on 03 April 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

​Ppl are complaining that  Nameless is fictional, but they aren't complaining that most of the tanks in WOT are fictional. Did you saw someone who don't like the Rhm.-Borsig cause it's completely fictional (don't believe in fairytales of WG - description), or Deathstar, or Waffel, Czech tanks from IV tier and higher? and many more.

f1mitku #19 Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47930 battles

View Postgreenteam117, on 03 April 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

1. MAJOR gun depression issues. has trouble with anything 100m or closer due to gun depression.
  2. is VERY limited with most maps because of hilly/bumpy terrain.

Gun Depression ...

I hate it because of ^^^ This ^^^.

Simplified: the horrible gun depression makes it to deserve its new name “The Useless”.

If in this game I could return only one premium tank for gold - it would be The Useless. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Thra5her 90 #20 Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11152 battles

View Postf1mitku, on 21 April 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

I hate it because of ^^^ This ^^^.

Simplified: the horrible gun depression makes it to deserve its new name “The Useless”.

If in this game I could return only one premium tank for gold - it would be The Useless. 

Horrible gun depression? Play SU-101, you will hurt even more (-3). -5 is paradise. Ofc everyone wants Nameless straight from PC Asia server. But in our console version isn't limited to one section but for everyone who have money.

Also tagged with The Nameless, Nameless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users