a question i felt had to be asked, why do people hate The Nameless?

The Nameless Nameless

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Futarrari #21 Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13261 battles
  • [KNOWN]

View Postgreenteam117, on 03 April 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

but you are forgetting 1 HUGE thing about the WT auf E-100, the giant turret that did not exist.

"An entirely fictional tank created out of various components from the German parts bin cobbled together and filed to fit, the WT E-100 is an anachronism unmatched by any other vehicle in World of Tanks." http://wiki.wargamin...ffentrager_E100

Edit: also unlike other E-100 tanks in game, this one does not have side Skirts.

Not sure if that word is correct here as both turret and hull are period correct of ww2 . 

The turret looks identical to the https://en.wikipedia...12.8_cm_FlaK_40 .

Raekju #22 Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View PostThra5her 90, on 21 April 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

​Ppl are complaining that  Nameless is fictional, but they aren't complaining that most of the tanks in WOT are fictional. Did you saw someone who don't like the Rhm.-Borsig cause it's completely fictional (don't believe in fairytales of WG - description), or Deathstar, or Waffel, Czech tanks from IV tier and higher? and many more.

Yes, but the Edelweiss and Nameless are both completely fictional and from anime. I can take fictional if it fits with within the realm of this game.  Anime and anything from it has about as much place in this game as the Looney Tunes does.

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

Thra5her 90 #23 Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11152 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 02 May 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Yes, but the Edelweiss and Nameless are both completely fictional and from anime. I can take fictional if it fits with within the realm of this game.  Anime and anything from it has about as much place in this game as the Looney Tunes does.

It don't matter that the tank is from anime or Cartoon Network. The most important assumptions are fulfilled. This vehicle has turret similar to Tiger II, has tracks,armor. It hasn't the afterburner or sth that makes it special or weird.

If you see in WOT hybrid of E50 & E100; you will accept it 'cause it fits with within realm of this game? or Leo 1 turret with Bat-Chat chassis? All it's very possible

Raekju #24 Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View PostThra5her 90, on 05 May 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

It don't matter that the tank is from anime or Cartoon Network. The most important assumptions are fulfilled. This vehicle has turret similar to Tiger II, has tracks,armor. It hasn't the afterburner or sth that makes it special or weird.

If you see in WOT hybrid of E50 & E100; you will accept it 'cause it fits with within realm of this game? or Leo 1 turret with Bat-Chat chassis? All it's very possible

Yes, it definitely does matter. If people wanted that they would go play those games in that genre. If you want to go all weeb neckbeard that's fine, but this isn't the game for that. 

I would not accept those ridiculously dumb hybrids your talking because they would be beyond stupid. Just because something is possible to do doesn't mean you should do it. That's not a hard concept to understand.

Spoiler

lilchat #25 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22347 battles
  • [SRT]

A lot of people hate them because they're idiots who can't face up to the fact that this game has jack [edited]to do with history when it comes to WG making money. The tanks have a stronger basis in reality than most of the recent Italian line, the ugly [edited]Mauerbrecher tank, and probably most of the  upcoming Polish line. Hell, I majored in history too and I don't get my knickers in a twist over them, in fact I love them, because I can appreciate well done historical fiction like the Valkryia universe. If people don't want fantasy in their tank game, they should go play a game where vehicles the size of a two story building won't disappear in front of your face just because they're more than 500m away. The writers and modelers of the Valkryia games went through the same extensive research  and modeling effort as WG does for every tank. When someone gets mad because they see a fast little blue tank running around then happily sucks off WG every time they get clipped out by a Waffle I don't bother reading their posts. 

But to your question OP, the depression is what makes me dislike my Nameless. If they gave it -8 over the sides like on PC, I would like it a lot more. Edelweiss have become more common than the Nameless since the release of the tanks since everybody has figured out the armor profile of the latter by now and you can actually use the gun on the former.

signature.png

Vampire_Izumi #26 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27503 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 06 May 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yes, it definitely does matter. If people wanted that they would go play those games in that genre. If you want to go all weeb neckbeard that's fine, but this isn't the game for that. 

I would not accept those ridiculously dumb hybrids your talking because they would be beyond stupid. Just because something is possible to do doesn't mean you should do it. That's not a hard concept to understand.

you do know that there are a lot of tanks that are Hybrids/ based off of other tanks, Example: Pz. III/IV, Pz. V/IV. the WZ-111 1-4, AMX 50 120, Kranvagn, Emil I, Type 61, STA-1, STA-2.

also, with that logic, nothing would be around today.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

Raekju #27 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View Postlilchat, on 16 May 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

A lot of people hate them because they're idiots who can't face up to the fact that this game has jack [edited]to do with history when it comes to WG making money. The tanks have a stronger basis in reality than most of the recent Italian line, the ugly [edited]Mauerbrecher tank, and probably most of the  upcoming Polish line. Hell, I majored in history too and I don't get my knickers in a twist over them, in fact I love them, because I can appreciate well done historical fiction like the Valkryia universe. If people don't want fantasy in their tank game, they should go play a game where vehicles the size of a two story building won't disappear in front of your face just because they're more than 500m away. The writers and modelers of the Valkryia games went through the same extensive research  and modeling effort as WG does for every tank. When someone gets mad because they see a fast little blue tank running around then happily sucks off WG every time they get clipped out by a Waffle I don't bother reading their posts. 

But to your question OP, the depression is what makes me dislike my Nameless. If they gave it -8 over the sides like on PC, I would like it a lot more. Edelweiss have become more common than the Nameless since the release of the tanks since everybody has figured out the armor profile of the latter by now and you can actually use the gun on the former.

Yet literally none of the examples you brought up are on WoT Console, making your point completely irrelevant. Also you bringing up the Waffle, a tank that is so thoroughly hated throughout the community, is completely out of place. Now, once again if people wanted anime in a tank game they would play those games. This is not place for weeb trash. Significantly more people dislike anime than like it.

View Postgreenteam117, on 18 May 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

you do know that there are a lot of tanks that are Hybrids/ based off of other tanks, Example: Pz. III/IV, Pz. V/IV. the WZ-111 1-4, AMX 50 120, Kranvagn, Emil I, Type 61, STA-1, STA-2.

also, with that logic, nothing would be around today.

I don't know what the pz 3/4 is because I don't seal club. I've always had a problem with the Pz 5/4 for a myriad of reasons. The rest of the tanks you mention fit with progression of the tank lines they're in. With the STA-2 being very similar to the STA-1. Once again there is a difference between hybrids that are realistic and ones that comes from garbage like anime.

Spoiler

lilchat #28 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22347 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 24 May 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Now, once again if people wanted anime in a tank game they would play those games. This is not place for weeb trash. Significantly more people dislike anime than like it.

You're very whiny. This why is people don't take you anime haters seriously. You have no valid points other "I dislike something so it must be bad". I see WoT for the unrealistic cartoony go-kart garbage that it is. This is actually the perfect game for an "anime" crossover because only a buffoon believes this game represents reality in any shape or form. This is a game where tanks the size of doubledecker buses have Predator-like cloaking devices, where shells disappear after only 700m, where tanks are remotely controlled by a virtual AI crew, where tanks designed in the 1970s fight alongside tanks that were scrapped in the 40s, and where RNG is more important than skill. I like the VC tanks in this game because I'm not a troglodyte who plays WoT for realism. This game never represented anything to me except a fantasyland where real tanks duke it out with other tanks that are also sometimes real.

Give Valkryia Chronicles a try though. If you appreciate war stories, you can probably appreciate VC if you can step outside your prejudiced view of Japanese media.

signature.png

YCS-186 #29 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
It's an anime tank, that's the sole reason it got hated on and nerfed so hard. Lots of people saw it was coming and ganged up on it, which resulted in WG nerfing it to a shell of its former self. If the Nameless had instead been, say, a British tank that had actually been produced, the majority would have been praising WG for finally making a good British tier VIII premium and it would have come over un-nerfed. If it had been a Czech tank that was actually produced, it would have been heralded as the savior of WoT. There are three things that the forums here consider to be the devil: strong German tanks, strong Russian tanks, and anime tanks. Anything that fits into those categories is going to be lynch-mobbed until it gets nerfed hard, while statistically similar tanks for smaller nations get in virtually unnoticed and unaltered.
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

Raekju #30 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View Postlilchat, on 25 May 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

You're very whiny. This why is people don't take you anime haters seriously. You have no valid points other "I dislike something so it must be bad". I see WoT for the unrealistic cartoony go-kart garbage that it is. This is actually the perfect game for an "anime" crossover because only a buffoon believes this game represents reality in any shape or form. This is a game where tanks the size of doubledecker buses have Predator-like cloaking devices, where shells disappear after only 700m, where tanks are remotely controlled by a virtual AI crew, where tanks designed in the 1970s fight alongside tanks that were scrapped in the 40s, and where RNG is more important than skill. I like the VC tanks in this game because I'm not a troglodyte who plays WoT for realism. This game never represented anything to me except a fantasyland where real tanks duke it out with other tanks that are also sometimes real.

Give Valkryia Chronicles a try though. If you appreciate war stories, you can probably appreciate VC if you can step outside your prejudiced view of Japanese media.

I will happily give reasons for why I dislike anime and I'm sure others have their reasons as well. I think it's weird, childish, creepy, and overall really stupid.

Also, I have never said that this game is based solely only reality. However, based on your rational we should start adding in literal cartoon tanks, tanks shaped like various mythical creatures, tanks that shoot lasers, or tanks that are Transformers that can morph from a heavy tank to a medium to a TD to an arty into the base game. So long as they're somewhat related to some part of a historical tank you should be fine with all that. The problem is people didn't start playing this game for those reasons. They started playing because it's a unique game that allows you to play in actual historical tanks that are widely popular and known (at least at the lower tiers).

I thoroughly hated War Stories and thought it was nothing more than a waste of time and effort on WGs part especially considering how rapidly their player base continues to fall. WG continues to focus on the wrong aspects by consistently ignoring the community at large.

Spoiler

lilchat #31 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22347 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 25 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

I gave a response befitting of how terrible anime is. I'm not going to give you a thesis on why I dislike it, so I gave bullet points. It has nothing to do with it being foreign or not understanding it. I'm just not 10 and don't watch cartoons. I'm sorry you can't follow that.

I know people who are probably twice your age with very successful careers and families who enjoy anime. "I don't watch cartoons", but you play cartoon tank games? What a joke. Entertainment isn't governed by age, and the fact that you think all animation is for children just shows how truly ignorant you are.

signature.png

Raekju #32 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View Postlilchat, on 25 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

I know people who are probably twice your age with very successful careers and families who enjoy anime. "I don't watch cartoons", but you play cartoon tank games? What a joke. Entertainment isn't governed by age, and the fact that you think all animation is for children just shows how truly ignorant you are.

Not everyone who dislikes the weird stuff you do automatically means they don't understand it. I've already put you on my ignore list because you're definitely no longer worth my time. So, I'm just gonna leave you to neckbeard it up and have fun with your body pillow, kid.

Spoiler

Takano3619 #33 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16168 battles

The Edelweiss and Nameless are personally some of my favorites. I've played things from German superheavies to paper thin Japanese sniper mediums and Russian heavies that troll until the sun sets. The two tanks (more specifically the Nameless) bring new playstyles to the table with vehicles that cater to a wider audience, and personally, I think that's cool! WGCB is showing their appreciation to a smaller group of players and it upsets me when another vocal minority has to rain on their parade just because it is invasive on their delicate worldview. I don't care how absolutely outlandish a vehicle would be if it appeared in World of Tanks as long as it was fun to play and appealed to a wider audience. I have always been a proponent of Wargaming pushing the envelope when it comes to creativity.

Personally, I will support Wargaming with their future endeavors to add fictional vehicles, and if they are good vehicles, maybe I will even support them financially. Face it, realism has been on the decline since the introduction of the WT E 100. Don't go spinning your tales on why a fanbase doesn't deserve a little appreciation, because this vocal minority so called the ""historians"" have been actively quashing the creativity of WGCB as a company for a serious time now. Can't say I am impressed, more...disappointed with how self centered some players have been in a fictional world of fictional ideas.

E Nice Geo #34 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8490 battles

View PostDuna Nichs, on 20 February 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

Personally, I will support Wargaming with their future endeavors to add fictional vehicles, and if they are good vehicles, maybe I will even support them financially. Face it, realism has been on the decline since the introduction of the WT E 100. Don't go spinning your tales on why a fanbase doesn't deserve a little appreciation, because this vocal minority so called the ""historians"" have been actively quashing the creativity of WGCB as a company for a serious time now. Can't say I am impressed, more...disappointed with how self centered some players have been in a fictional world of fictional ideas.

Yeah, that type of exclusive minded view always reminds me of the stark contrast as to how a real world weapons hobbyist/magazine editor once described newcomers to his hobby.  To inform readers about them he stated they were video game fans who branched out into their hobby world.  He didn't berate them for being grown men playing kiddie video games or how they should stay out of their hobby and stick to playing imaginary games.  No, he instead welcomed the new wave of interest into the hobby which would help their community grow.  This is where the WoT community fell flat on it's face and reject rather than welcome seeing a potential increase in players who would enjoy playing and learning about about historical tanks, not to mention ones that would most likely be willing to spend money.

That being said, I hope some more of the Blitz crossover tanks make their way over to console game in the future. 

Edited by E Nice Geo, 21 February 2019 - 12:15 AM.

Raekju #35 Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24927 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View PostE Nice Geo, on 21 February 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yeah, that type of exclusive minded view always reminds me of the stark contrast as to how a real world weapons hobbyist/magazine editor once described newcomers to his hobby.  To inform readers about them he stated they were video game fans who branched out into their hobby world.  He didn't berate them for being grown men playing kiddie video games or how they should stay out of their hobby and stick to playing imaginary games.  No, he instead welcomed the new wave of interest into the hobby which would help their community grow.  This is where the WoT community fell flat on it's face and reject rather than welcome seeing a potential increase in players who would enjoy playing and learning about about historical tanks, not to mention ones that would most likely be willing to spend money.

That being said, I hope some more of the Blitz crossover tanks make their way over to console game in the future. 

People don't start playing WoT because of premium tanks that fit what they like, especially if it's a $50+ premium tank. Thinking they'll shell out money consistently when they know almost nothing about a free game because of those premium tanks is just ignorant. This game has a ridiculously high skill gap and no one except a very tiny, select group of people will starting dropping money on it immediately because of that skill gap (among a myriad of other issues). 

Spoiler

fozfactor #36 Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59011 battles

View PostCoupdeteat, on 03 April 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

People hate it because like the edelweiss it is completely fictional. Not even a slight basis in the real world...and a lot of people just hate the look of the stupid thing. This game has a lot of players who are huge ww2 historians...and to see a tiger fighting some jet powered thing is just ridiculous in their eyes. 

Having an interest in WW2 history is exclusive of liking these tanks, or not.

non nobis solum

Also tagged with The Nameless, Nameless

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users