Return the King Dragon to a Fun Tank

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

f1mitku #81 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29047 battles
I skipped the King 59 previous time but decided to buy it now with its current buffed stats. Tried it only for one WS battle with 0 skills 100% crew and it seems quite capable. The difference in gun handling (compared to Type 59) is good, alpha is awesome, aiming time is better, pen is better, even DPM is marginally better. Also it's far better trainer while the silver earnings are almost the same. And it still can be used with the same "close and personal" play style as Type 59 (of course this would depend of the opponent and not for many T-IX and T-X). Plus it's better at long range with this alpha and gun handling. Later I'll pass the Ace Op in MP to see it in real action... in these T-X battles and good amount of skill rounds.

Larimus #82 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39712 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 12 April 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

This has gotten to a point that's more ridiculous than me trying to teach calculus to a ficus. But, I'll try one last time.

You brought up the King Dragons reload with 105mm and 390 alpha and how it's worse than the M103.

A completely understandable and rational thing by WG because the alphas are similar and the King Dragon is tier 8 while the M103 is tier 9.

Which is what I responded to.

You then deiced to bring up tanks with faster reloads yet you somehow failed to understand that comes at the cost of significantly lower alpha. Which is what I mentioned in my response.

You somehow took this as me contradicting my own point when in reality I was merely responding to your completely off base comparison.

I then proceeded to give a comparison of every tier 8 medium premium without PMM to show you that even with the 100mm it had the worst reload and dpm in it's class.

Honestly, a 5 year old can follow logic this simple.

The King Dragon never had a fast reload. It's only fast in comparison to what it has now. It literally had one the worst reloads, if not the worst, for any medium at tier 8 with a similar caliber gun. How do you neither you nor S5 V8 not understand this? You both also need to learn the difference between 'fast' and 'faster' and I would recommend a dictionary.

Shimp, why are you such a butt?

A fur-trapper (who was strictly from commercial), had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo (peekaboo). And he started into whippin' on my favorite baby seal with a lead-filled snowshoe.....Seal Clubbing with Frank Zappa and my Pz.Kpfw.38H :great:

SHRiIVIP #83 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12673 battles

View PostLarimus, on 18 April 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Shimp, why are you such a butt?

Why can't you spell?

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

41 Tanks with 3 MoE

Gallant Prime #84 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36149 battles
  • [47R]

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 17 April 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

I've circled hundreds of things in the Type 59.

:trollface:

lol that is pretty funny!--I was pretty imprecise there.  I imagine some arties and super heavies could be circled if absolutely alone.

View PostLoganX891, on 17 April 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Gallant, I don't think any one here used the term 'nerfed' until your post. I'm not saying it was nerfed, I'm saying that switching the gun has 'balanced' it far past the tank I paid real money for. WG had other options they could have used (PMM being one that comes to mind), but they went with a complete gun change. Some people love the new gun, and I'm glad they do. But others don't. From what I can see so far, the option that would make most players happy would be for WG to make the King Dragon the first Premium Tank (I don't know of any other, at least) where the player can pick which gun they want to use. That seems like good PR for the game, if nothing else. I hope that anyone reading this who likes the new gun would have the kindness to send in a ticket asking for that option.

Technically you are correct, however, the original post put "buff" in quotes as to imply it was not a buff, which is to suggest a nerf.  While it is possible for something to lie somewhere between buff and nerf when talking about a change in performance, that it not typically the case and certainly does not make sense given the flow of the thread. 

As to the more important part of your post--your suggestion, I would love for the KD to have the option of 2 different gun packages.  I would probably mess around with both.  The other tank that should have this is the M4 Champion.  

S5 V8 #85 Posted Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28066 battles

My original "buff" text referred to a questionable change or tradeoff. While the change may enhance some players styles it is a detriment to others. My self I played the Type 59 a great deal and had marked that tank and saw the offering as another slightly upgraded Type 59 with a better crew training perk. As I enjoyed the Type 59 immensely my goal was to switch crews between them for the daily doubles.  I jumped at this offering happily spending the $43. to my surprise I enjoyed the King Dragon more than the Type 59. I marked the original King Dragon in 56 games a record for me. I was quickly headed toward my second mark with a win rate of 57.6% and 79.8% on second MOE.  Upon the change/buff my win rate dropped to 51.7% my MOE dropped to 59.9%. I could not "dance" behind heavies as with the original version. My views of this change were echoed by this YouTuber at the 6.18 mark  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzL8ifrqQQ

That said I have a Revoralise that I earned in the op. I have never done particularly well in that tank, however I keep this tank because I desire a French trainer. If the King Dragon was originally offered as it is currently a Revoralise type tank I would not have been a purchaser.

My proposed solution would be to offer both guns on the same tank. That way those that paid for a Type 59 class tank and played this for nearly 54 days prior to the change would have the ability to play tank they purchased. And those that favor a Revoralise type tank would also be able to play the tank they presently enjoy. My desire is once again play the tank I reviewed, assessed and ultimately decided to purchased. This is not a minor change or tweak to a tank, this is a severe game change to the play style of this tank in which people have laid out real cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users