Return the King Dragon to a Fun Tank

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

S5 V8 #21 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32146 battles

Shril_We are attributing differing meanings to a sentence or text or word thereby a difference in semantics.

S5_Hell a M103 now has a faster reload. I want the tank I purchased, this reload time turns a previously fantastic tank into trash. I think the simple solution would be to offer both guns as the above you-tuber also advocates.

The text you continue to be fixated on is "Hell a M103 now has a faster reload time". The original King Dragon reload was 8.99s and is now 13.18s the 103 is 11.15s. The context of my statement is discussing the reload time and how this impacts play style. This is a factual statement.

You continue to construe the meaning of this statement to be discussing the alpha damage, which is not the case. In no text have I ever advocated for a high alpha high damage tank. Everyone understands War Gaming balances these two attributes. Thereby my statement regarding semantics.

Your reply:

Shril_Why would a tier having a lower rof than a tier 9 be some sort of shock to you? You understand the how silly your comparison is right?

This statement is false as shown by many cited examples.

No one has ever stated the original King Dragon had the fastest reload time by comparison to other mediums. Only what you have stated it was faster than the present version of the tank. You are finally making some progress.

Fast and faster are relative terms, a tortoise is faster than a snail, and rabbit is faster than a tortoise, no one is using the term fastest.

Your constant interjection of derogatory statements within your discourse belies your severe inferiority complex. I hope at some point you can overcome your petulant behavior, or you can monetize your attitude as you have shown a promising future as an internet troll

Edited by S5 V8, 13 April 2018 - 05:03 PM.

Baardgier #22 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View PostS5 V8, on 13 April 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Shril_We are attributing differing meanings to a sentence or text or word thereby a difference in semantics.

S5_Hell a M103 now has a faster reload. I want the tank I purchased, this reload time turns a previously fantastic tank into trash. I think the simple solution would be to offer both guns as the above you-tuber also advocates.

The text you continue to be fixated on is "Hell a M103 now has a faster reload time". The original King Dragon reload was 8.99s and is now 13.18s the 103 is 11.15s. The context of my statement is discussing the reload time and how this impacts play style. This is a factual statement.

You continue to construe the meaning of this statement to be discussing the alpha damage, which is not the case. In no text have I ever advocated for a high alpha high damage tank. Everyone understands War Gaming balances these two attributes. Thereby my statement regarding semantics.

Your reply:

Shril_Why would a tier having a lower rof than a tier 9 be some sort of shock to you? You understand the how silly your comparison is right?

This statement is false as shown by many cited examples.

No one has ever stated the original King Dragon had the fastest reload time by comparison to other mediums. Only what you have stated it was faster than the present version of the tank. You are finally making some progress.

Fast and faster are relative terms, a tortoise is faster than a snail, and rabbit is faster than a tortoise, no one is using the term fastest.

Your constant interjection of derogatory statements within your discourse belies your severe inferiority complex. I hope at some point you can overcome your petulant behavior, or you can monetize your attitude as you have shown a promising future as an internet troll

Dear lord, you're a brick wall of willful ignorance. I don't have the time or crayons to explain this to you again.

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

LoganX891 #23 Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

I'll put below the suggestions I made on a ticket put in today.

1. The best option would be to leave the first gun on and give it PMM so it only sees up to Tier 9, as the Type 59 does. This should have been the default thing to do.

2. Give players the options to pick which gun they want to use. I really have never understood why Premium tanks can't have that option.

3. Create a King Dragon Mark II and put the 105mm L7C on it. Once that is done, give players who currently own it the choice of keeping the King Dragon or getting the Mark II.

4. Really just an an alternative to number 3. Make a Dragon Prince with PMM that uses the old gun and give players the choice to have that tank. I for one have no problem with this so long as I get vouchers for the Inscriptions and Emblems currently on the King Dragon. Give the Dragon Prince a dark green or black 4 season camo and where the King Dragon has Gold, make it the silver/chrome color that the Alpine Tiger has. I'd even give up the XP I've earned on the King Dragon if that was what it would take.

S5 V8 #24 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32146 battles

View PostLoganX891, on 13 April 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'll put below the suggestions I made on a ticket put in today.

1. The best option would be to leave the first gun on and give it PMM so it only sees up to Tier 9, as the Type 59 does. This should have been the default thing to do.

2. Give players the options to pick which gun they want to use. I really have never understood why Premium tanks can't have that option.

3. Create a King Dragon Mark II and put the 105mm L7C on it. Once that is done, give players who currently own it the choice of keeping the King Dragon or getting the Mark II.

4. Really just an an alternative to number 3. Make a Dragon Prince with PMM that uses the old gun and give players the choice to have that tank. I for one have no problem with this so long as I get vouchers for the Inscriptions and Emblems currently on the King Dragon. Give the Dragon Prince a dark green or black 4 season camo and where the King Dragon has Gold, make it the silver/chrome color that the Alpine Tiger has. I'd even give up the XP I've earned on the King Dragon if that was what it would take.

I think that is a reasonable solution, however I did not have any trouble with the original version in any tier and enjoyed the tank immensely. If you have not seen this you tubers video I highly suggest giving it a view. He precisely and clearly evaluates the pros and cons of the new gun versus the original version at about the 6.08 to 8.74 marks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzL8ifrqQQ&t=93s

Edited by S5 V8, 13 April 2018 - 11:08 PM.

LoganX891 #25 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

View PostS5 V8, on 13 April 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

I think that is a reasonable solution, however I did not have any trouble with the original version in any tier and enjoyed the tank immensely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzL8ifrqQQ&t=93s

Yeah, same here. That should have been number 5, I guess. 5. Just put it back to the way it was when we bought the thing. But if they were going to change anything, it should have just been the match making. I'm sure the reply from WG will be "By the user agreement, we can make changes for 'balance' in the game". Yeah, well balance would have been to give it PMM just like the Type 59, not changing the gun.

ArKenemyxX #26 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22108 battles
  • [PRIME]
im waiting for the unskinned version as this one is butt ugly. it was a non pmm hype 59 and glad it got reworked. you still have the 100mm barrel. thats gotta count for something:trollface:

DutchCupid62 #27 Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11765 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostLoganX891, on 14 April 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Yeah, same here. That should have been number 5, I guess. 5. Just put it back to the way it was when we bought the thing. But if they were going to change anything, it should have just been the match making. I'm sure the reply from WG will be "By the user agreement, we can make changes for 'balance' in the game". Yeah, well balance would have been to give it PMM just like the Type 59, not changing the gun.

Your number 3 is good, but I want to add something to it. They should just return the king dragon to what it was, make a Type 59-II in game and give every owner the choice to trade their king dragon for that Type 59-II (modeled with an actual L7 gun).

This would be the best solution in my opinion. Since I have no interest in the old king dragon. If they would do your number 5 it would most likely leave my garage the same day for some nice silver. 

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

Addicted2Pron #28 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25843 battles
I agree and feel like wargaming screwed us with their so called "buff". I had almost 2 marked it 80% after the playstyle change i dropped to 69%. It might be wonderful for all those base campers/snipers that migrated to the NA East server after their Asian server was removed, However it does not suit my playstyle and is not the tank I paid for.

LoganX891 #29 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

View PostDutchCupid62, on 14 April 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

Your number 3 is good [...] This would be the best solution in my opinion.

Something like that would seem to make most of the players happy and give people the ability to play in a style they like.

LoganX891 #30 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

View PostArKenemyxX, on 13 April 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

im waiting for the unskinned version as this one is butt ugly.

My problem with unskinned versions is that they don't have the crew xp bonus. Höllenhund, Legion 59 and Vengeance T25 all get a crew xp bonus while the unskinned versions don't. At least, I can't remember any that kept the crew bonus in the unskinned version. I put up with the McTank skin on the dragon and the skulls on the others so I can get the bonus.

Sledge1Swede #31 Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 51179 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 13 April 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

This has gotten to a point that's more ridiculous than me trying to teach calculus to a ficus. But, I'll try one last time.

You brought up the King Dragons reload with 105mm and 390 alpha and how it's worse than the M103.

A completely understandable and rational thing by WG because the alphas are similar and the King Dragon is tier 8 while the M103 is tier 9.

Which is what I responded to.

You then deiced to bring up tanks with faster reloads yet you somehow failed to understand that comes at the cost of significantly lower alpha. Which is what I mentioned in my response.

You somehow took this as me contradicting my own point when in reality I was merely responding to your completely off base comparison.

I then proceeded to give a comparison of every tier 8 medium premium without PMM to show you that even with the 100mm it had the worst reload and dpm in it's class.

Honestly, a 5 year old can follow logic this simple.

The King Dragon never had a fast reload. It's only fast in comparison to what it has now. It literally had one the worst reloads, if not the worst, for any medium at tier 8 with a similar caliber gun. How do you neither you nor S5 V8 not understand this? You both also need to learn the difference between 'fast' and 'faster' and I would recommend a dictionary.

WOW your ignorance is noted and by faster a dictionary is not neede in this particular case.

My mother languish is not english but Swedish so im sorry that you can not understand my point that the King Dragon is slower in reloadtime with the buffed gun of 105 then it where with the first released gun.

Do you understand this or do i need to spell it out again?

King Dragon first gun faster then the buffed version of 105 mm gun that has made the reload time slightley longer.

My point was that my originall purshace had specifications that appeled to my wish to buy the tank in the first place so i did.

My point now is that WG did alter my purchaced tank so it is now not appeling to my originall thoughts and is not performing in line with why i bought this tank in the first place. Do you understand this?

I have said and i say it again .

WG can fix this by give the tank a option by choice.

I dont want this to happen again with premiumtanks that is bought by choice and if so they need to take in to account that players actually spend time and money to research before the purchase and that we talk about real money here.

There are a number of premiumtanks that need changes because of the resent changes in the game not just MM so by ignoring this and get silent about the real issue wish by the way is WG nor respecting our real money wish bye the way is my way of supporting WG in the first place ,it is absurd to even think that this is a losing path for everyone wanting to spend time with the game wot.

Baardgier #32 Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View Postsledge6301, on 14 April 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

WOW your ignorance is noted and by faster a dictionary is not neede in this particular case.

My mother languish is not english but Swedish so im sorry that you can not understand my point that the King Dragon is slower in reloadtime with the buffed gun of 105 then it where with the first released gun.

Do you understand this or do i need to spell it out again?

King Dragon first gun faster then the buffed version of 105 mm gun that has made the reload time slightley longer.

My point was that my originall purshace had specifications that appeled to my wish to buy the tank in the first place so i did.

My point now is that WG did alter my purchaced tank so it is now not appeling to my originall thoughts and is not performing in line with why i bought this tank in the first place. Do you understand this?

I have said and i say it again .

WG can fix this by give the tank a option by choice.

I dont want this to happen again with premiumtanks that is bought by choice and if so they need to take in to account that players actually spend time and money to research before the purchase and that we talk about real money here.

There are a number of premiumtanks that need changes because of the resent changes in the game not just MM so by ignoring this and get silent about the real issue wish by the way is WG nor respecting our real money wish bye the way is my way of supporting WG in the first place ,it is absurd to even think that this is a losing path for everyone wanting to spend time with the game wot.

I realize as I've 3 marked the tank and have the highest wn8 of anyone over 100 battles.

You and a few others seem to have a ridiculous misconception that it had a fast reload in the first place. Which it never did. In fact it had a very bad reload for the caliber of gun. Did it have a faster reload than it does now? No duh. I've never said otherwise. 

The part I replied to, which you and all the others need to understand, is S5 complaining that it now had a longer reload than the M103. A god awful comparison because they're not even in the same tier, use the same caliber gun, or are even the same class of tank.

WG has been working at losing players for years now. Changing premium tanks this drastically is one of there worst ideas yet. However, there are so many other more important problems that WG has.

Spoiler

LoganX891 #33 Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

Here is part of the reply from the ticket I put in.

Hi LoganX891,

Thank you for supporting World of Tanks and for contacting Wargaming Support.

We're sorry to hear that you are not happy with the recent changes with the game.

This game is one of the few out there that will implement player based changes driven by your feedback and suggestions; countless ideas are already added and are being added in the next update.

Most of our player generated ideas have come from the forums where all of our developers and test team pull information from player’s feedback.

Please note that our support department does not handle game design or mechanics, and our development teams do not read these tickets.

The good news is, we are now taking players feedback directly from support tickets and that information will be sent to our production teams.

This will, in turn, be complied to separate list for the production teams to look at and determine what department can implement that idea.

Sledge1Swede #34 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 51179 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 14 April 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

I realize as I've 3 marked the tank and have the highest wn8 of anyone over 100 battles.

You and a few others seem to have a ridiculous misconception that it had a fast reload in the first place. Which it never did. In fact it had a very bad reload for the caliber of gun. Did it have a faster reload than it does now? No duh. I've never said otherwise. 

The part I replied to, which you and all the others need to understand, is S5 complaining that it now had a longer reload than the M103. A god awful comparison because they're not even in the same tier, use the same caliber gun, or are even the same class of tank.

WG has been working at losing players for years now. Changing premium tanks this drastically is one of there worst ideas yet. However, there are so many other more important problems that WG has.

Alright i get it you like the tank better now but can you  put your marks on exelence aside for one moment and try to actually respect there are more players owning the tank but you.?

I did like the tank better as before and i dont have a need for any marks of exelence to get to that conclusion i just need to compare the fun and that is why i play this game and that is why i liked and bought this tank the King Dragon.

What you or me like or not is not even the reason to the question ?

Why did they change the tank?

And i dont need one more T-34-3 or type 59 cause i already have them.

Baardgier #35 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View Postsledge6301, on 16 April 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Alright i get it you like the tank better now but can you  put your marks on exelence aside for one moment and try to actually respect there are more players owning the tank but you.?

I did like the tank better as before and i dont have a need for any marks of exelence to get to that conclusion i just need to compare the fun and that is why i play this game and that is why i liked and bought this tank the King Dragon.

What you or me like or not is not even the reason to the question ?

Why did they change the tank?

And i dont need one more T-34-3 or type 59 cause i already have them.

If you didn't need another T-34-3 or Type 59, why on earth did you buy the King Dragon? Before the changes it was almost literally a worse Type 59 in damn near every way except gun handling and crew training.

Spoiler

LoganX891 #36 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29306 battles
  • [CORVS]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 15 April 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

If you didn't need another T-34-3 or Type 59, why on earth did you buy the King Dragon? [...]

Crew xp bonus while earning enough silver to spam premium rounds as needed from a gun I felt comfortable using. When they sold the Fighting Girlfriend, I didn't buy it because I don't like the gun it has. What we have with the King Dragon right now is as if the Fighting Girlfriend had been sold with the 57 mm ZiS-4 (which I like) and then a while later having the gun switched to the 76 mm F-34. It would not be the tank I paid real money for. You like the new gun? Great. Send in a ticket and tell WG that. But when you do, how about telling them you think players should at least have a choice of gun used on the thing? Maybe that way we can all have what we want.  

Baardgier #37 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Crew xp bonus while earning enough silver to spam premium rounds as needed from a gun I felt comfortable using. When they sold the Fighting Girlfriend, I didn't buy it because I don't like the gun it has. What we have with the King Dragon right now is as if the Fighting Girlfriend had been sold with the 57 mm ZiS-4 (which I like) and then a while later having the gun switched to the 76 mm F-34. It would not be the tank I paid real money for. You like the new gun? Great. Send in a ticket and tell WG that. But when you do, how about telling them you think players should at least have a choice of gun used on the thing? Maybe that way we can all have what we want.  

I want the Waffle removed and tier 10 to be balanced, but that's not going to happen. Not everyone gets to be happy. 

Also, not to rude, but I didn't ask you.

Spoiler

S5 V8 #38 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32146 battles

View PostAddicted2Pron, on 14 April 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

I agree and feel like wargaming screwed us with their so called "buff". I had almost 2 marked it 80% after the playstyle change i dropped to 69%. It might be wonderful for all those base campers/snipers that migrated to the NA East server after their Asian server was removed, However it does not suit my playstyle and is not the tank I paid for.

Agree!!!!!

S5 V8 #39 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32146 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

I want the Waffle removed and tier 10 to be balanced, but that's not going to happen. Not everyone gets to be happy.

Also, not to rude, but I didn't ask you.

Your goal in life seems to be rudeness and trolling players on this forum. I have reviewed several of your responses to other posts, the same pattern exists as it does here, rudeness, touting your prowess at this video game, as some kind of justification for your view and derogatory statements towards others. I feel sorry for you, obviously you come from a broken home and have a severe inferiority complex. I am sorry you failed at actual sports but on the bright side you do very well at this video game take solace in your achievement, you are accomplished at something. Hopefully you will be able to move out of your mother's home at some point in your life and get an actual job or profession, although I find it difficult to believe you will be able to maintain employment for any prolonged period of time. Possibly you might even be able to find a significant other that would put up with your attitude, there is always hope.

Baardgier #40 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View PostS5 V8, on 16 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Your goal in life seems to be rudeness and trolling players on this forum. I have reviewed several of your responses to other posts, the same pattern exists as it does here, rudeness, touting your prowess at this video game, as some kind of justification for your view and derogatory statements towards others. I feel sorry for you, obviously you come from a broken home and have a severe inferiority complex. I am sorry you failed at actual sports but on the bright side you do very well at this video game take solace in your achievement, you are accomplished at something. Hopefully you will be able to move out of your mother's home at some point in your life and get an actual job or profession, although I find it difficult to believe you will be able to maintain employment for any prolonged period of time. Possibly you might even be able to find a significant other that would put up with your attitude, there is always hope.

I'm sorry you feel the need to map your insecurities on other people. Not everyone is as lonely and unintelligent as you are. 

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users