• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Doctor_Who_22 #41 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13429 battles
  • [-WHO-]

View Postsledge6301, on 12 April 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

There is no point of arguing this WG did something this time that absolutley has destroyed my desire to ever buy one more Premium tank.

When you research and buy a tank you all look at the playstyle and the numbers why? Because there are so many that kind of are just the same.

For me it was not the color it was the flanking ability fast reload and to assist heavy tanks by circling around taken out enemie tanks.

Yes i can agree that it is nice to have a 105 gun but that was not why i bought this tank.

WG Please correct this by giving the option of choice we already have payed the gold and money and it is a easy fix by giving the King Dragon a option.

^^^ THIS ^^^

If WG can simply switch out a gun on a premium tank (that a player paid with real money), then what's to stop them from making drastic changes to any other premium tanks?!? This is a HUGE step in the wrong direction, and is a dangerous precedent for future 'buffs' to premium tanks. 

The outcry over this should be MUCH louder - and it shoudlnt matter if this was a true 'buff' or not - this change has drastically altered the tank and it's play style.

Beware the Banshee Comet! According to Irish folklore, a Banshee is a ghost-like creature that wails (keens) to warn you of your impending death. However on the battlefield, the last screams you hear will be your own!   

NOTE - I am taking a temporary leave from playing World of Tanks due to certain family obligations. I hope to see many of you back out in battle soon!

S5 V8 #42 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30033 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm sorry you feel the need to map your insecurities on other people. Not everyone is as lonely and unintelligent as you are.

Nice comeback, obviously in a battle of wits your are completely unarmed.

LoganX891 #43 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also, not to rude, but I didn't ask you.

You posted a reply in full view. If you don't want people jumping in, start sending direct messages to people you want to debate with.

Baardgier #44 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostS5 V8, on 16 April 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

Nice comeback, obviously in a battle of wits your are completely unarmed.

Not in the slightest. I just know that even the simplest logic flies over your head and lord know what actually wit would do. So, why would I confuse more than you already are? 

I sincerely hope they never change the King Dragon back so you all can continue to cry.

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

You posted a reply in full view. If you don't want people jumping in, start sending direct messages to people you want to debate with.

The question I had was specific to their situation. They said why would they buy another version of the T-34-3 or Type 59 if they already had both. Which they do and they did buy another version. So it made zero sense. Especially with the King Dragon now being a unique combination of the two and better than both.

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

DutchCupid62 #45 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11722 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostDoctor_Who_22, on 16 April 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

^^^ THIS ^^^

If WG can simply switch out a gun on a premium tank (that a player paid with real money), then what's to stop them from making drastic changes to any other premium tanks?!? This is a HUGE step in the wrong direction, and is a dangerous precedent for future 'buffs' to premium tanks. 

The outcry over this should be MUCH louder - and it shoudlnt matter if this was a true 'buff' or not - this change has drastically altered the tank and it's play style.

Uhm PC is going to test the exact same thing this year to the KV-5. They are planning to change PMM tanks to be able to remove PMM from those tanks.

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

DutchCupid62 #46 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11722 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View Postsledge6301, on 12 April 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

There is no point of arguing this WG did something this time that absolutley has destroyed my desire to ever buy one more Premium tank.

When you research and buy a tank you all look at the playstyle and the numbers why? Because there are so many that kind of are just the same.

For me it was not the color it was the flanking ability fast reload and to assist heavy tanks by circling around taken out enemie tanks.

Yes i can agree that it is nice to have a 105 gun but that was not why i bought this tank.

WG Please correct this by giving the option of choice we already have payed the gold and money and it is a easy fix by giving the King Dragon a option.

It already had one of the worst DpMs (and reload) of any tier 8 mediums in the game. Only above the 122 guns on the T-34-2 and T-44. 

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

Baardgier #47 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostDutchCupid62, on 16 April 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

Uhm PC is going to test the exact same thing this year to the KV-5. They are planning to change PMM tanks to be able to remove PMM from those tanks.

I feel like this wouldn't be such a huge deal if console actually had a test server for potential changes like this that wasn't exclusive to an extremely small minority of players. 

Spoiler

LoganX891 #48 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

The question I had was specific to their situation. They said why would they buy another version of the T-34-3 or Type 59 if they already had both. Which they do and they did buy another version. So it made zero sense. Especially with the King Dragon now being a unique combination of the two and better than both.

If you post in the open, others can and will reply. Don't want others putting in their 2 cents, start sending direct messages to people. As for the King Dragon being better than both, that is your opinion, and not one shared by every player. WG sold something for real money whick I looked at and decided to buy, short comings and all. They then changed it to something I would not have bought. If WG can do this to one premium tank, they could do it to other premium tanks as well. Everyone reading this needs to think about that for a bit. Everyone reading this needs to think about logging in one day to find their Cromwell B now has the speed of the Matilda Black Prince, their Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2 has been changed to have the turret and gun of the Strv-74 or their Hydrostat no long has PMM. While the user agreement we, the players, have with them states WG can make changes to the game for 'balance', a limit to what is considered balance when it comes to premium tanks should be set.

Baardgier #49 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

If you post in the open, others can and will reply. Don't want others putting in their 2 cents, start sending direct messages to people. As for the King Dragon being better than both, that is your opinion, and not one shared by every player. WG sold something for real money whick I looked at and decided to buy, short comings and all. They then changed it to something I would not have bought. If WG can do this to one premium tank, they could do it to other premium tanks as well. Everyone reading this needs to think about that for a bit. Everyone reading this needs to think about logging in one day to find their Cromwell B now has the speed of the Matilda Black Prince, their Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2 has been changed to have the turret and gun of the Strv-74 or their Hydrostat no long has PMM. While the user agreement we, the players, have with them states WG can make changes to the game for 'balance', a limit to what is considered balance when it comes to premium tanks should be set.

Based on that no premiums should get any significant changes for better or worse because of personal opinion. Those limits would all depend from tank to tank and would be near impossible to set with the number of premiums in game. 

Spoiler

LoganX891 #50 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Based on that no premiums should get any significant changes for better or worse because of personal opinion. Those limits would all depend from tank to tank and would be near impossible to set with the number of premiums in game. 

Nope. I said limits on what is considered balance in premiums needs to be set. Slight changes to damage/penetration of shells or changing guns in tech tree tanks are one thing. Switching out a gun in a premium tank is very much something else.

Baardgier #51 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Nope. I said limits on what is considered balance in premiums needs to be set. Slight changes to damage/penetration of shells or changing guns in tech tree tanks are one thing. Switching out a gun in a premium tank is very much something else.

It slightly changed the play style but overall it made the tank better. You have higher alpha, better shell velocity, higher pen on all 3 types of ammo, better accuracy, better dpm, and your potential damage output almost doubled because you didn't lose shells when switched to the 105mm. 

Spoiler

sledge6301 #52 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

If you didn't need another T-34-3 or Type 59, why on earth did you buy the King Dragon? Before the changes it was almost literally a worse Type 59 in damn near every way except gun handling and crew training.

Actually it was the other way around i bought the type 59 after the King Dragon.

LoganX891 #53 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

It slightly changed the play style but overall it made the tank better. You have higher alpha, better shell velocity, higher pen on all 3 types of ammo, better accuracy, better dpm, and your potential damage output almost doubled because you didn't lose shells when switched to the 105mm. 

No, it did not 'slightly' change the play style. You talk about alpha, velocity and pen as if they are the be all and end all of game play. They are not. Rate of fire, equipment and crew skills also go into play style. And one more thing, the most vital part from my view point, player enjoyment. I knew what I was buying when I got it, and decided that the rate of fire it had would allow me to enjoy it enough while training crews to put up with seeing tier 10 since the silver earned would off set having to use premium rounds when I needed to. This is not the tank I paid real money for, and the actions of WG in complete replacement of the gun in a premium tank is troubling.

Baardgier #54 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View Postsledge6301, on 16 April 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Actually it was the other way around i bought the type 59 after the King Dragon.

Ah gotcha, that makes more sense then.

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

No, it did not 'slightly' change the play style. You talk about alpha, velocity and pen as if they are the be all and end all of game play. They are not. Rate of fire, equipment and crew skills also go into play style. And one more thing, the most vital part from my view point, player enjoyment. I knew what I was buying when I got it, and decided that the rate of fire it had would allow me to enjoy it enough while training crews to put up with seeing tier 10 since the silver earned would off set having to use premium rounds when I needed to. This is not the tank I paid real money for, and the actions of WG in complete replacement of the gun in a premium tank is troubling.

So if alpha, velocity, and pen aren't the end all be all then that must be why there's so few tier 10 TDs spamming apcr all the time? 

You keep on talking about rof as if it had some crazy awesome reload. It was literally the worst of any tier 8 medium in the game with similar alpha (230-250) on top of which it had the worst reload. 

Spoiler

LoganX891 #55 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ah gotcha, that makes more sense then.

So if alpha, velocity, and pen aren't the end all be all then that must be why there's so few tier 10 TDs spamming apcr all the time? 

You keep on talking about rof as if it had some crazy awesome reload. It was literally the worst of any tier 8 medium in the game with similar alpha (230-250) on top of which it had the worst reload. 

Wrong again. I explained what made me decide to spend real money on the tank and how what I now have is not the same tank. I never said it had a 'crazy awesome reload'. I said was 'the rate of fire it had would allow me to enjoy it enough while training crews'.

Baardgier #56 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostLoganX891, on 16 April 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Wrong again. I explained what made me decide to spend real money on the tank and how what I now have is not the same tank. I never said it had a 'crazy awesome reload'. I said was 'the rate of fire it had would allow me to enjoy it enough while training crews'.

Then you clearly don't understand the power WG has to changed tanks at will. You spending money doesn't give you some special snowflake status. 

Spoiler

LoganX891 #57 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Then you clearly don't understand the power WG has to changed tanks at will. You spending money doesn't give you some special snowflake status. 

Wrong one more time. I said 'While the user agreement we, the players, have with them states WG can make changes to the game for 'balance', a limit to what is considered balance when it comes to premium tanks should be set.'. Care to try again?

Baardgier #58 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22060 battles

View PostLoganX891, on 17 April 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

Wrong one more time. I said 'While the user agreement we, the players, have with them states WG can make changes to the game for 'balance', a limit to what is considered balance when it comes to premium tanks should be set.'. Care to try again?

Your opinion on what WG should be able do, doesn't change what WG can do. I get what you want to have to happen, but that's very clearly not in place and may never be. Which has literally nothing to do with me being wrong. It has to do with you complaining about something that WG has every right to do. You stated your opinion not reality. Do you always get this confused by simple sentences?

Spoiler

LoganX891 #59 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25998 battles

View PostSHRiIVIP, on 16 April 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Do you always get this confused by simple sentences?

Hmm, is that a not so sly attempt at a personal attack without crossing the line? Seems you made more direct insults to other people in this thread. Did someone get a warning?

Gallant Prime #60 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:07 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41503 battles
  • [-N-]

Wow...

Perhaps because most of the posters here were not here back in the first year, but the 5/4 was nerfed with a traverse nerf and tier weight nerf.  So even if you believe the KD was nerfed, it is not unprecedented.  

But the KD has not been nerfed.  Changed yes, but not nerfed.  The DPM has actually increased from its original version (Old 1725, New 1775).  And to those that think they have to play sniper--I just don't know what to say that is appropriate here for the forum.  The KD actually has a better power to weight ratio now than the 59, not that you could circle anything with either.  They are referred to as pocket heavies for a reason.  If you are circling something I want to see a video.  

The King Dragon is picking up the nick-name Kong Dragon now because people think it is OP.  

Now I can understand if you have a preference for just ROF over High Alpha, but to say the tank is nerfed is just wrong.  For the six people asking WG for a refund, I can understand because of the small change, and it is not wrong to ask for such.  But, the tank is great and just plays a bit different--more to its strengths with armor and gun depression--a little longer on the peek a boom but bigger boom and much better at fighting off yolos because of the alpha.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users