Thread.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Pit Friend #21 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29806 battles
  • [PTATO]

And ban incoming for posting a tank guide in 5...4...3...

(Sorry I couldn’t resist :trollface:)

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

R35T NO MORE #22 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostPit Friend, on 10 April 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

I am always still a bit wary lol :hiding:

Credit to Violet viper for my sig.

R35T NO MORE #23 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostzZGROGZz, on 10 April 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

I did try and run a few in WS, but I think I’m being too aggressive with it. Not used to sniping and sitting back.

I guess patience really is a virtue. Lol.

Will have to work on it a bit.

Edit:- thanks for map guide. +1.:great:

Tried it in War Stories. It's tricky on most of them but it excels on Live fire. You can auto-aim everything due to the pen and shell velocity. When it comes to killing the arty and the 3 last tanks, just make sure to reverse near to the ally who is on the hill with you and focus any of the tanks that try to rush you. So far they are all using 90mm guns or less so the armour holds up. You can train the crew quite quickly by completing it. 

JTank97 #24 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16410 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostPit Friend, on 10 April 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

What's wrong with posting a tank guide here on the forums? It's valuable info that some may find helpful - didn't know it was bannable.

StockrA #25 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20001 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 10 April 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Tried it in War Stories. It's tricky on most of them but it excels on Live fire. You can auto-aim everything due to the pen and shell velocity. When it comes to killing the arty and the 3 last tanks, just make sure to reverse near to the ally who is on the hill with you and focus any of the tanks that try to rush you. So far they are all using 90mm guns or less so the armour holds up. You can train the crew quite quickly by completing it. 

is the live fire xp worth it? I've got 4 skills i think, and half way through mentor. I found the thing easier once I grabbed ss, now I just pray for large open maps.

R35T NO MORE #26 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostStockrA, on 10 April 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

is the live fire xp worth it? I've got 4 skills i think, and half way through mentor. I found the thing easier once I grabbed ss, now I just pray for large open maps.

It is quite good for helping to get the first few skills. I wouldn't have the patience to train up skills in WS exclusively myself but you seem to get more crew xp for completing it than you would in a loss in multiplayer so if its been a rough night then its certainly viable. 

The amount of xp required to learn a new skill increases at every 5th skill i believe, might be 4th. After that happens then it will probably not be worth using it much in War Stories for training the crew. 

I'm going to try the tier 2 Tomte in Live fire tomorrow and see how that does regarding crew xp but i'm not expecting much. 

Pit Friend #27 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29806 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJTank97, on 10 April 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

What's wrong with posting a tank guide here on the forums? It's valuable info that some may find helpful - didn't know it was bannable.

Back during the Dark Ages of Moderation here on the forums R3ST posted a guide to playing the IS-7 and for some inexplicable reason got a multiple day ban for it. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

R35T NO MORE #28 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]
^ True, i pretty much stopped posting guides after that. If people like this current one then i might start doing them more often again though. 

CyberGopher #29 Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16761 battles
I’m loving the UDES.  It’s unique enough to be interesting for sure.  I need some better crew skills but the speed, camo and gun (in seige mode) is off the hook.

Only arty is comparable when it comes to being map dependent though.  City map = death.  Just can’t keep far enough away from anyone to remain hidden.

R35T NO MORE #30 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostCyberGopher, on 11 April 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

I’m loving the UDES. It’s unique enough to be interesting for sure. I need some better crew skills but the speed, camo and gun (in seige mode) is off the hook.

Only arty is comparable when it comes to being map dependent though. City map = death. Just can’t keep far enough away from anyone to remain hidden.

Agreed, i'm really trying to figure out a way to play city maps but there is no reliable way. I've given up trying to be stealthy and just try to hunt down tanks with 90mm or smaller guns and be aggressive, or run away from other tanks as fast as possible and play at being bait. 

BigHundy #31 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9024 battles
  • [1V29]

I absolutely hate this tanks inability to be flexible.

It's a one trick pony.

If any tank gets near you, you're done.

I enjoyed the UDES but it gets the highest camo rating above tier 5, so less people find you.

I love the guide and I hope you do more of them, but I honestly regret buying this tank.

I quit this line at the tier 9 103. Perhaps it's just not for me, but I'd rather be in any TD of equal tier than the Swedish ones.

There's no denying that when in Siege and there are reds in front of you, the gun can truly sing.

But getting in and out of Siege and relocating, is a pain.

And traversing the tank in siege is glacial. 

Anyone that does exceptional in this tank is probably exceptional in any tank.

Personally I think it's a bit UP. Needs better traverse inside or out of siege.

Time to get out of siege needs to be decreased.

It's just far too easy to flank these tanks.

Just my opinion, thank you for the guide RNM

Bring back the old chaffee!

butsubutsu #32 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21209 battles

View PostBigHundy, on 11 April 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

It's a one trick pony.

I enjoyed the UDES but it gets the highest camo rating above tier 5, so less people find you.

I love the guide and I hope you do more of them, but I honestly regret buying this tank.

I quit this line at the tier 9 103. Perhaps it's just not for me, but I'd rather be in any TD of equal tier than the Swedish ones.

There's no denying that when in Siege and there are reds in front of you, the gun can truly sing.

This is in many ways sadly true. The ones to actually shoot and kill with this tank are those people that keeps standing in front and shooting with less than 90mm guns. Smart people just outflank this tank.

R35T NO MORE #33 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14253 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostBigHundy, on 11 April 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

It's a one trick pony.

Fair enough, until recently i was regretting buying it as well but i have started enjoying it now. It is one of the more situational tanks in the game and on smaller urban maps i expect to be sent to the garage fairly quickly.

Thanks btw :-) I used to write reviews here fairly often, and i'm up for doing more now. Just have to decide which tank to do next. 

CyberGopher #34 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16761 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 11 April 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

Fair enough, until recently i was regretting buying it as well but i have started enjoying it now. It is one of the more situational tanks in the game and on smaller urban maps i expect to be sent to the garage fairly quickly.

Thanks btw :-) I used to write reviews here fairly often, and i'm up for doing more now. Just have to decide which tank to do next. 

Like I said above, same as arty.  When I am playing either arty or the UDES and I load into an urban map I know I have a short match ahead.  My only goal at this point is to back myself into a corner and try to get in as many hits as I can before I’m swarmed.  The UDES is a little better at this.  Sometimes I get a kill or two before I’m wasted.

Also tagged with Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users