Jump to content


Tier 5 in tier 9 game


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CleverJoey1844 #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015
http://xboxdvr.com/g...3b-cc1a00db0b68

Edited by CleverJoey1844, 16 April 2018 - 10:17 AM.


CleverJoey1844 #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015
http://xboxdvr.com/g...3b-cc1a00db0b68

bux1303 #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7039 battles
  • 1,086
  • [-H4-]
  • Member since:
    05-25-2017

This was your fault! A WZ-131 is a tier 7 and goes to tier 9!

Dont platoon with higher tiers!



killer etzi0 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 50897 battles
  • 16,275
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Fail platoons..... it's been a thing many have complained about for a long time. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


MASHMAN 90 #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29344 battles
  • 8,407
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View Postbux1303, on 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

This was your fault! A WZ-131 is a tier 7 and goes to tier 9!

Dont platoon with higher tiers!

 

Correct, it's fail teams like this why teams are unbalanced at times. 1 Tier Fail Platoons i can understand, as i may have a Tiger and they may not have a T29 but i don't have a Tier 6 to Match then i can understand but 2 Tier Fail Platoons or 5 man OP Platoons, i can't understand.

 

When i see a mega fail platoon like this, i want my team or the enemy team to kill the lowest ranked player which shouldn't be in the match to start with.

 

I remember PC put some XP/Silver reductions i think (or something similar) for fail platoons.


 

Spoiler

 


Sadriel Fett #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22062 battles
  • 3,684
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 16 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

 

Correct, it's fail teams like this why teams are unbalanced at times. 1 Tier Fail Platoons i can understand, as i may have a Tiger and they may not have a T29 but i don't have a Tier 6 to Match then i can understand but 2 Tier Fail Platoons or 5 man OP Platoons, i can't understand.

 

When i see a mega fail platoon like this, i want my team or the enemy team to kill the lowest ranked player which shouldn't be in the match to start with.

 

I remember PC put some XP/Silver reductions i think (or something similar) for fail platoons.

 

^^^ This, exactly!

CleverJoey1844 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015
Your missing my point. We won the game by a HUGE margin. I told the guys i was platooning with i appreciated the challenge. I actually placed 4th in the game ☠

killer etzi0 #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 50897 battles
  • 16,275
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 16 April 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Your missing my point. We won the game by a HUGE margin. I told the guys i was platooning with i appreciated the challenge. I actually placed 4th in the game ☠

 

No, you missed the point..... sure there are a few people here who can pull off decent results from +3 tiers down. (outside of playing the AMX Chaffee)

But when the "average" player loads in -3 or -4 tiers, it's just a wasted slot on the roster, and a platoon of them is even worse. 

 

Hopefully WG will address it..... Soon™


"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


CleverJoey1844 #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:42 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015

View Postkiller etzi0, on 16 April 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

No, you missed the point..... sure there are a few people here who can pull off decent results from +3 tiers down. (outside of playing the AMX Chaffee)

But when the "average" player loads in -3 or -4 tiers, it's just a wasted slot on the roster, and a platoon of them is even worse. 

 

Hopefully WG will address it..... Soon™

I do see your point. And yes i was on a great team. I dont cry about tiers because generally im on always 2 below. Unless i run 9s or 10s lol



TennisMan56 #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20527 battles
  • 165
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017
Clever, you should have told them we conducted a test over the weekend. Also added that we went 6 wins to 4 losses in tier 8 and 9 games in which we "fail platooned" with lower tiers pulled in. I do not encourage pulling in low tier tanks and " fail platooning" it was just a test sample, to test a theory I/we have of the system.

CleverJoey1844 #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015

View PostTennisMan56, on 16 April 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Clever, you should have told them we conducted a test over the weekend. Also added that we went 6 wins to 4 losses in tier 8 and 9 games in which we "fail platooned" with lower tiers pulled in. I do not encourage pulling in low tier tanks and " fail platooning" it was just a test sample, to test a theory I/we have of the system.

 

your killing me Tennisman56. We did have some great games this weekend

Xenith_Inc #12 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 5613 battles
  • 2,616
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 16 April 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

Your missing my point. We won the game by a HUGE margin. I told the guys i was platooning with i appreciated the challenge. I actually placed 4th in the game ☠

 

If you had maybe posted a clip of the score, or anything other than your low tier tank getting smashed, people might not have missed the point :)

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel


CleverJoey1844 #13 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37683 battles
  • 654
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015

View PostXenith_Inc, on 17 April 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

If you had maybe posted a clip of the score, or anything other than your low tier tank getting smashed, people might not have missed the point :)

 

I placed 4th in the end. Yes i should have posted screenshot. Maybe i have the game saved i will check into that next time im on wot

rick007cmx1 #14 Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53215 battles
  • 2,404
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 17 April 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

 

I placed 4th in the end. Yes i should have posted screenshot. Maybe i have the game saved i will check into that next time im on wot

 

So whats your point? Why post?

rick007cmx1 #15 Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 53215 battles
  • 2,404
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 16 April 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

 

Correct, it's fail teams like this why teams are unbalanced at times. 1 Tier Fail Platoons i can understand, as i may have a Tiger and they may not have a T29 but i don't have a Tier 6 to Match then i can understand but 2 Tier Fail Platoons or 5 man OP Platoons, i can't understand.

 

When i see a mega fail platoon like this, i want my team or the enemy team to kill the lowest ranked player which shouldn't be in the match to start with.

 

I remember PC put some XP/Silver reductions i think (or something similar) for fail platoons.

No. Fail is a fail. Fail platooners should be totally shaved, stripped naked, castrated, forced to walk backwards on a leash, with a sign stapled to the small of the back that says "Insert Here (downward  pointing arrow)."



darrenv64 #16 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7912 battles
  • 385
  • [741ST]
  • Member since:
    06-06-2017

Saw one last night. A tier III in a tier VII match, with a couple tier IV's for good measure. Oh, they laughed about it, got taken out within the first minute, and the tier III player was patting himself on the back for not being the first one destroyed. One of them seemed indignant that they were one-shot'd. We won, but it was extremely close.

When in platoon, we normally find ourselves bottom tier 75% of the time. More often when we're at full compliment of five. It doesn't make sense to handicap ourselves, and our team, by bringing an ineffective tank, so we go by a set of guidelines.

With a few exceptions, everyone plays equal tier. The platoon leader finds out what's the highest tier available to each player, and only selects tanks equal to the lowest tier player. There's a slight issue here with PMM tanks. For example; a platoon leader selects a tier V Champion M4 Sherman, the standard American M4 is incompatible, MM will only allow a tier IV or III tank. This isn't a big deal for platoon mates with artillery (a Sexton I can still wreck havoc in a tier VI match). But for the most part, the platoon leader will not select PMM tanks.


Edited by darrenv64, 21 April 2018 - 05:33 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users