Punishment For Push Trolling

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Push Trolling (108 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should verified push trollers be required to pay a silver fine to the victim

1. No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient (15 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes absolutely, it punishes the offender and provides restitution to the victim for the experience and time to report it. (83 votes [76.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.85%

3. Push trolling mostly happens to arty players anyway, and if it keeps players from playing that class, I don't care. (10 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

Vote Hide poll

N333DL3 #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27169 battles

On Friday early evening I took the dog for a walk and was pondering push trolling in this game.  It had recently happened to me while grinding an arty line at lower tiers (has happened plenty of times).  It doesn't happen at higher tiers I concluded, it's too expensive to have a bad/losing game to bother. 

So what happens my first game after the Friday night dog walk?  A guy comes over and harasses my tier 9 arty.  He spends the first 5 minutes pushing my tank around until I get spotted then arty shot, then he goes off to play.  So I spent the time to record it, then I'll have to download it to a file sharing site, then get it to WG'ing to review it.  The guy PM'd me and said he "got two kills, how was your game?"

So what is the punishment for someone who does this, if WG'ing verifies that it is physics abuse?  Does anyone know, is there actually a punishment?

You know what I think would be a good punishment?  A substantial silver fine from offender to be paid to the victim of the abuse.  This would provide disincentive and at least reward the time/effort the victim has to go through.  Restitution if you will.  Works well in the real world.

Danomite07 #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26621 battles
I agree, hit them in the pockets.  I totally ruins one's spirit for several games, not to mention the game time lost if not loss of a tank completely. 

In to the breach

zZGROGZz #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18492 battles
  • [RATT]
Yes. Absolutely. All of their match silver before deductions, plus 50% more, just for being a d o u c h e canoe.

MaxChaos24 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11554 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

On Friday early evening I took the dog for a walk and was pondering push trolling in this game.  It had recently happened to me while grinding an arty line at lower tiers (has happened plenty of times).  It doesn't happen at higher tiers I concluded, it's too expensive to have a bad/losing game to bother. 

So what happens my first game after the Friday night dog walk?  A guy comes over and harasses my tier 9 arty.  He spends the first 5 minutes pushing my tank around until I get spotted then arty shot, then he goes off to play.  So I spent the time to record it, then I'll have to download it to a file sharing site, then get it to WG'ing to review it.  The guy PM'd me and said he "got two kills, how was your game?"

So what is the punishment for someone who does this, if WG'ing verifies that it is physics abuse?  Does anyone know, is there actually a punishment?

You know what I think would be a good punishment?  A substantial silver fine from offender to be paid to the victim of the abuse.  This would provide disincentive and at least reward the time/effort the victim has to go through.  Restitution if you will.  Works well in the real world.

http://forum-console...-physics-abuse/

What kinds of actions do you take when someone is reported?

If the player is found to be guilty of what is reported, their account will receive sanctions. If it is their very first offense, they will receive a warning. After that, future offenses will result in a “strike” being placed on their account and escalating game bans depending on how many offenses they have. After a player has accumulated 5 strikes, their account will be permanently banned.

• Warning
  • First Strike – 1 day Game Ban
  • Second Strike – 3 day Game Ban
  • Third Strike – 7 day Game Ban
  • Fourth Strike – 30 day Game Ban
  • Fifth Strike – Permanent Game ban

*******For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted to less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29101 battles
Had to vote the arty option, but seriously as Max hass pointed out the punishments fit the crimes. People just have to report with the right info and vid for these actions to be taken.

dcr66 #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21247 battles
  • [ONE]

I rarely play arty and yet I have seen these trolls trying to push lights, mediums, and TD. They won't have much luck if I am driving the top tiers heavy tanks.

The biggest troll to me is my son (not mentioning his gamertag), he absolutely loves to harass me when we platoon!!!!! We are in the same room too!!! I usually nudge him into a rock as he pays more attention looking at me than what is in front of him. Once the fight starts, he charges forward like a madman......

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

The1970Hooper #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7322 battles
  • [GUYS]
Good idea, hit them in the wallet. I hope WG takes it into consideration.

"A strong team can take any crazy vision and turn it into reality. "

John Carmack

deadman1921 #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18778 battles
  • [-STO-]
+1 Fine then and give it to the guy harassed. Higher the tier the higher the fine.

Soldiers of the One 

Guderian9139 #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11532 battles
  • [-OFF-]

Back when the Toy Tanks were up, I had some greenie shooting and ramming me right across the battlefield.

He was actually pushing me all the way until we got to the North Boundary where I just stopped and played dead. 

We were dealing with incoming rounds through some of this and it really ticked me off that I was out in the open getting shoved in directions I did not want to go. 

As suddenly and inexplicably as it started, he decides to go fight Reds.  He starts firing and dodging behind cover to reload. 

I parked right in the spot he was using for cover and they ate him alive.   

He said he was reporting me for pushing him into the enemy.

Yes, what I did was a d+ck move but technically I did not "push" him anywhere.   

If he had recorded/submitted the last 10 seconds of his miserable life, it certainly would have looked like I was the aggressor.

Never heard anything more about it but I wonder- do complaints get looked at to see the full event or would it be judged solely on what the guy records?

Norrin-Radd_SS01 #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29101 battles
So giving them a fine, which they might not notice or care about, is better than banning them? :facepalm:

ALF EXTREME #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40421 battles

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

ok every time artillery one shots or does over 60% damage to a tank the victim should be compensated twice the cost of repairs and a little extra for artillery screwing them over sounds fair to me.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

The1970Hooper #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7322 battles
  • [GUYS]

View PostNorrin-Radd_SS01, on 16 April 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

So giving them a fine, which they might not notice or care about, is better than banning them? :facepalm:

​Fines in conjunction with the existing process. Make it hurt.:angry:

John Carmack

The1970Hooper #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7322 battles
  • [GUYS]

View PostALF EXTREME, on 16 April 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

ok every time artillery one shots or does over 60% damage to a tank the victim should be compensated twice the cost of repairs and a little extra for artillery screwing them over sounds fair to me.

​Artillery is an intentional part of the game. Intentionally destroying a team mate is not. Some refer to it as trolling.

John Carmack

Cobravert #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22209 battles
  • [WPLAC]

I have reported several over the past few years for this, but not once has it ever happened to me in an arty. It's always when I'm under tiered in a TD and trying to spot.

I like the idea of the pusher being banned and owing me silver for the game.

Make it hurt, make them stop.

I have a friend who is not so online reporting able, so when this happens to him, I have to walk him through the reporting feature every time. The reporting structure in this game needs revamped. It needs to be able to be done from within the game (post game, send game link and description of events in to WGing), not on this website, hidden in obscure "Support" with vaguely worded and barely understandable lingo to get the report made.

P6X330 #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 8471 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Push trolling? how about the I am blocking you from retreating trolling?

It happened to me on Lakeside. We were on the North side, and I quickly headed to my spotting hide out, you know the one, East of the mountain, the town being further East? there is a small ramp and a bush. You spot the enemies on their way to the town, or those hardy enough to push on the trail.

Once you get spotted, you need to retreat down, behind the stone. Only that guy came right behind me, preventing any retreat, and I quickly got my fate sealed. Admittedly, he was getting shot at, but he put himself in that situation, and I paid for it.

I a similar fashion, and any terrain, there are those that just park behind you. So you spot the enemy, and when you want to get back undercover, surprise! someone is just right behind you...

I am asking WarGaming to give us a sticker to put on the back of our tanks:

please stay back at least 50 feet!!!!!

Pontiac Pat #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 19328 battles
  • [47R]
New inscription - If you can read this, you are TOO CLOSE!!!

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

P6X330 #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 8471 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 16 April 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

New inscription - If you can read this, you are TOO CLOSE!!!

That would work too.... lol!!!

loki131313 #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15022 battles

View PostCobravert, on 16 April 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

I have a friend who is not so online reporting able, so when this happens to him, I have to walk him through the reporting feature every time. The reporting structure in this game needs revamped. It needs to be able to be done from within the game (post game, send game link and description of events in to WGing), not on this website, hidden in obscure "Support" with vaguely worded and barely understandable lingo to get the report made.

This. 

There should be an easy, simple function post-game to report trolls.

loki131313 #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15022 battles

To add to what I just wrote, maybe I have been lucky, but I have almost never been trolled in this game despite coming close to 15k battles. 

But those very few times I have, it totally ruins the game, and puts me in a terrible mood for the rest of the day. 

N333DL3 #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27169 battles

View PostALF EXTREME, on 16 April 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Dude you've got over 2,000 games in arty....so um...no.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users