Punishment For Push Trolling

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Push Trolling (108 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should verified push trollers be required to pay a silver fine to the victim

1. No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient (15 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes absolutely, it punishes the offender and provides restitution to the victim for the experience and time to report it. (83 votes [76.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.85%

3. Push trolling mostly happens to arty players anyway, and if it keeps players from playing that class, I don't care. (10 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

Vote Hide poll

Neurotic Cell #21 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19437 battles
  • [RATT]
All for the silver fine to offset potential earnings.  XP is another issue.  Ever been trolled to the point of being useless in a win with x2 daily first-win bonus?  Hint: it sucks.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Corporal Derpy #22 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20221 battles
  • [KMD]
Got two kills, how was your game?

Garage : 

'Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of morons who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.'

'The term "casual gamer" is actually not accurate enough anymore to describe what the larger market is like. They want the illusion of accomplishment, but not the effort associated with it. The players aren't really doing anything, something else is doing it for them, and the player takes the credit for it.

N333DL3 #23 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27152 battles

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 16 April 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Got two kills, how was your game?

Yeah, the guy sent me a message after the game and said  "I got two kills, how was your game?"  You know, to add to the jerk factor.

korbendallas-01 #24 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30397 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 April 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

http://forum-console...-physics-abuse/

What kinds of actions do you take when someone is reported?

If the player is found to be guilty of what is reported, their account will receive sanctions. [...]

That contradicts what I've just read in a ticket:

Block Quote

We have an automated system that tracks each tanker's ratio of damage against allies to damage to enemies.

It keeps track of this statistic both from the creation of the account and for the last few days.

If either ratio slants too far in the direction of Team Damage, that player's name will show up as blue in the client.

This is a warning to that player that they need to stop damaging their allies whether intentionally or not.

If the ratio slides further towards Team Killing, account restrictions ranging from a short break period to a permanent removal from the game can ensue, depending on the number of violations in that player's history and the severity of those violations.

So which is it?

MaxChaos24 #25 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11546 battles
  • [WGW]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 16 April 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

That contradicts what I've just read in a ticket:

So which is it?

Both. It's two different things, one is the automated system, the other is the manual system through the reporting of a player. Neither impacts the other and are seperate systems. If you've reported a player for physics abuse as the CSR didn't take any action, please do let me know and send the ticket number to my PM. 

GM1966 #26 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17806 battles

I like it.  Good suggestion.  :medal:

N333DL3 #27 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27152 battles

So I got a response on the ticket I submitted, here is how it reads:

Thank you for contacting Wargaing Support!

We appreciate the time you took to write us your query.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused you.

Before taking any punitive action against a player, we carefully review player provided videos to verify the reported infraction are clearly demonstrating Physics Abuse. We may apply the following measures to a violator account:
* A one time warning
* A temporary game suspension (up to one month)
* A permanent account suspension

With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures. Unfortunately, according to our Privacy Policy, we cannot discuss any sanctions that may or may not have been applied to another player. However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions.

Good day commander!

It doesn't exactly say that they found or agree about a violation, only that if they had, they may do something about it.  Or does it? 

Here is what WGing is missing IMO.  It takes time and a good deal of effort on the part of the victim that isn't acknowledged or reimbursed.  In my ruined game, I paid for a x3 xp boost that was for nothing. 

Also, this is a benefit to WGing to report these trolls.  People acting like this adds to the game frustration, and might turn even their customers away even.  There should be a reward.

BrettSterlingH #28 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]

I'm just worried about exploitation of this new feature. Someone can "bait" a teammate into driving erratically, by trolling them in one way or another, asking for help then abandoning a teammate, etc. and then fine them for a "revenge bump". Of course, I'd hope whatever system is implemented would be accurate enough to avoid such trivial cases.

If you mean touching in general? The PC version has rules about this. Any damage sustained by an ally while being pushed by another ally will trigger a blue-tank for the person doing the pushing. If you're pushing /eachother/, then the person who /doesn't/ get hit gets punished, up to a full ban. A bit overkill I think, considering the "victim"s trajectory might have been the dumbest thing ever.

BrettSterlingH #29 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]
And how can you account for blocking shots and camping behind someone? 
If I back up into a camper using me as a shield, am I at fault? 
If I push someone out of the way who is intentionally blocking shots and not helping, or is AFK, am I at fault?
If someone is already pushing someone and I try to push them away from an actual victim, am I at fault?

There are also times when I'm in cruise control and someone cross my path, stops, and I hit them. I was paying attention to my sights because of cruise, it was an accident, etc.

BrettSterlingH #30 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]
What if I'm trying to flee and they're blocking my only escape? On purpose? 

Jherry Angel #31 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25921 battles

I have played a total of 2591 games in Arty - I have only been push-trolled in Arty on a single occasion.  Have I been lucky, or is the problem over-stated?

BTW I raised a ticket (with evidence of it happening) and WG dealt with it according to their systems.  I know I subbed enough evidence to prove my case; I had faith in them to deal with it appropriately.  I really didn't/don't expect any recompense (a system that could easily be gamed as pointed out above).

That said, given OP feels he was denied benefit of an XP boost, I would have hoped WG could have dropped them a replacement as an act of goodwill.  Ball is in their court, I suppose.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

Coupdeteat #32 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23389 battles
  • [HIRAM]

The reporting process could use a little refining. 

Recording and submitting video footage should be a little easier, although who would sort through the flood of videos they would receive, I do not know. 

I probably encounter one of these players like every third day but the process of reporting is so convoluted I don’t bother. 

Cobravert #33 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22206 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

It doesn't exactly say that they found or agree about a violation, only that if they had, they may do something about it.  Or does it? 

It never does. All we'll ever get are these Copy/Paste responses.

You'll never know if it was the 1st or 4th time this guy has been reported.

As I see all too many say around here that they "put down the controller and come back after the troll has lost interest", which never works by the way, I doubt there is enough reporting when these things happen. People don't want to be "that guy" or take time to make the vid and worry about submitting it. So we have to potentially suffer from the same Bozos later because they were lazy.

N333DL3 #34 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27152 battles

View PostJherry Angel, on 16 April 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

I have played a total of 2591 games in Arty - I have only been push-trolled in Arty on a single occasion.  Have I been lucky, or is the problem over-stated?

I've had my tank pushed trolled twice this week alone.  I've also got some name recognition from these boards as well though, so could be a factor.

BrettSterlingH #35 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 16 April 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

Recording and submitting video footage should be a little easier, although who would sort through the flood of videos they would receive, I do not know. 

I probably encounter one of these players like every third day but the process of reporting is so convoluted I don’t bother. 

Please don't make it easier. I get threatened with video submission reports for not playing how someone wanted me to play almost every week. For the most petty, trivial, nonsensical reasons you could imagine. For not suiciding, for being too aggressive, for not being aggressive enough, for defending one spot, for not defending one spot, for trying to help push someone to safety or at the beginning of game, and even because we got flanked and I didn't abandon my mates to dive into the out-numbering flank. 

BrettSterlingH #36 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]
Oh my favorite nonsense: "learn how to play your tank" 
I placed 1st in my Aufkl. Panther in a tier 9 game and some Emil II dared to send me hate mail about how I don't know how to play light tanks. Because he saw I had 0 assisted damage and assumed I was never spotting anything. If teammates don't take long shots to cover their spotters, their spotters WON'T GET ASSISTED DAMAGE, because the person shooting the enemy can see them themselves. I completely solo'd a centurion 7/1 and a conway, and I even spotted things while DODGING MULTIPLE SHOTS at the end game. 

This greedy fool killed himself chasing down a target for more dmg, like a noob, and then blamed me for not taking care of the enemy who killed him. The enemy who killed him was pretty much right in front of him. He had zero right to complain about me, but I got so much hatemail and threats of reports and recordings, because an Emil II player got shot while his light tank was busy elsewhere. People suck. People. Suck.

N333DL3 #37 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27152 battles

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 16 April 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Please don't make it easier. I get threatened with video submission reports for not playing how someone wanted me to play almost every week. For the most petty, trivial, nonsensical reasons you could imagine. For not suiciding, for being too aggressive, for not being aggressive enough, for defending one spot, for not defending one spot, for trying to help push someone to safety or at the beginning of game, and even because we got flanked and I didn't abandon my mates to dive into the out-numbering flank. 

Then obviously you would be found not to have violated any rules and wouldn't be affected in the slightest. 

In the meanwhile, submitting video evidence of actual trolling is somewhat onerous.  This has the affect of people not bothering to report actual game trolls, who go on to find other victims because they face no consequences for their actions. 

BrettSterlingH #38 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]
Easy solution to false reports: the "easy report" recording function should be taken away from people (temporarily at first) after the 2nd false reporting. Best solution I can think of. If you easy-report someone who didn't deserve it twice in a row, you're probably going to continue doing that, and it would be in all of our interest to limit those people's ability to exploit (overburden) such a system.

Edited by BrettSterlingH, 18 April 2018 - 05:07 PM.

Jherry Angel #39 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25921 battles

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

I've had my tank pushed trolled twice this week alone.  I've also got some name recognition from these boards as well though, so could be a factor.

I'm sorry that's the case - seems it luck on my part.  But do agree that it's worth reporting each and every time it happens for the very reason you state above ^

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

BrettSterlingH #40 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38490 battles
  • [OM]

View PostJherry Angel, on 16 April 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

But do agree that it's worth reporting each and every time it happens for the very reason you state above ^

every time? Is there a such thing as a friendly nudge to make sure someone isn't AFK? Like if they're camping wayyyy back from the fight forever?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users