Jump to content


Punishment For Push Trolling


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Push Trolling (108 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should verified push trollers be required to pay a silver fine to the victim

  1. No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient (15 votes [13.89%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.89%

  2. Yes absolutely, it punishes the offender and provides restitution to the victim for the experience and time to report it. (83 votes [76.85%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 76.85%

  3. Push trolling mostly happens to arty players anyway, and if it keeps players from playing that class, I don't care. (10 votes [9.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.26%

Vote Hide poll

deadman1921 #41 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22644 battles
  • 771
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Oh my favorite nonsense: "learn how to play your tank" 
I placed 1st in my Aufkl. Panther in a tier 9 game and some Emil II dared to send me hate mail about how I don't know how to play light tanks. Because he saw I had 0 assisted damage and assumed I was never spotting anything. If teammates don't take long shots to cover their spotters, their spotters WON'T GET ASSISTED DAMAGE, because the person shooting the enemy can see them themselves. I completely solo'd a centurion 7/1 and a conway, and I even spotted things while DODGING MULTIPLE SHOTS at the end game. 

This greedy fool killed himself chasing down a target for more dmg, like a noob, and then blamed me for not taking care of the enemy who killed him. The enemy who killed him was pretty much right in front of him. He had zero right to complain about me, but I got so much hatemail and threats of reports and recordings, because an Emil II player got shot while his light tank was busy elsewhere. People suck. People. Suck.

I may have got messages from the same guy. He used the exact same crap. Learn how to play a light. You got no assisted damage. Hid behind a hill with his platoon and didn’t take one shot at the targets I lit up. 

 

I bailed on them and went to the other side. He says d that made me a camper?

 

 


Soldiers of the One

 


BrettSterlingH #42 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
Lights should simply be assisting the whole map at once. As long as a light is doing SOMETHING, they're doing it right. As long as they do their best to place themselves where most effective, they're doing it PRO, these people who complain about lights and artillery not cleaning up the map FOR THEM are the scum of the earth. They have no sense of responsibility or empathy at all. Was that too harsh? Definitely not.

BrettSterlingH #43 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
and yes, this light-hater in question WOULD HAVE submit a 5 minute report video about me to WG because of nothing. He would have done it 5 times a day if it was easy enough.

Coupdeteat #44 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25786 battles
  • 763
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 16 April 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

Please don't make it easier. I get threatened with video submission reports for not playing how someone wanted me to play almost every week. For the most petty, trivial, nonsensical reasons you could imagine. For not suiciding, for being too aggressive, for not being aggressive enough, for defending one spot, for not defending one spot, for trying to help push someone to safety or at the beginning of game, and even because we got flanked and I didn't abandon my mates to dive into the out-numbering flank. 

I get many more of these messages than I have issues with being pushed. Can’t disagree on that. 



BrettSterlingH #45 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014

View PostCoupdeteat, on 16 April 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I get many more of these messages than I have issues with being pushed. Can’t disagree on that. 


Yea, the cool thing about tanks, they have tracks, which allow you to move, away from bad players. If you just drop the controller and let yourself die as soon as someone touches you, YOU ARE AT FAULT. And if you submit a FALSE report, YOU should be banned. 



BrettSterlingH #46 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
This should be legally dealt with the same way court cases are dealt with. You cannot have PROVOKED the action in any way. Not to say laws in countries don't need to be reformed, they do, but if you think being touched by another tank is an assault, you've entered the same arena as fraud.

BrettSterlingH #47 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
Some people think a single AFK game should be bannable. 

What about house fires? 
What about fist fights? 
What about arguments over the TV time? 
What about ISP betraying the trust of their customers? 

(edit: for any time saved banning every afk, WG will lose much more time fixing mistakes) 

TripleFFFG #48 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 40489 battles
  • 328
  • [TDUS]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2014
Ban them , fine them, maybe they will never play tanks again......

BrettSterlingH #49 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
Yea, lets us, the experienced, over-kill players, gang up on new players who are confused, and get them banned for the most trivial reasons possible! LOL! 

BrettSterlingH #50 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 49901 battles
  • 779
  • [OM]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 16 April 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Yea, lets us, the experienced, over-kill players, gang up on new players who are confused, and get them banned for the most trivial reasons possible! LOL! 

 

This is a more important post than you imagine ^

Jherry Angel #51 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29222 battles
  • 861
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2014

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 16 April 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

every time? Is there a such thing as a friendly nudge to make sure someone isn't AFK? Like if they're camping wayyyy back from the fight forever?

 

​World of difference between the subject under discussion - deliberate troll-pushing - and what you describe; but you know that.


 "Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 


VKSheridan #52 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21434 battles
  • 3,324
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

There is a HUGE difference in AFK, bumping, blocking retreat, connection interrupt, dead controller and [insert yeah but] compared to trolling.

 

If a dude purposely and obviously takes repeated action to impede or alter a players path and the video shows that, I agree with attaching a fine of silver on top of the existing WG process.  If the tool has no silver, sell the tank he used to get silver for the restitution to the recipient.

 

To the offender - “Entertainment ain’t free”.........



korbendallas-01 #53 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41305 battles
  • 6,505
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Both. It's two different things, one is the automated system, the other is the manual system through the reporting of a player. Neither impacts the other and are seperate systems. If you've reported a player for physics abuse as the CSR didn't take any action, please do let me know and send the ticket number to my PM. 

 

That makes sense and sounds reasonable.

 

Of course I can't be sure, but here is why I get the sense that the CSR did not take any action: Previously, I got a response saying basically "bad thing, we look into it, but we can't tell you about any penalties". My last two reports however were responded like this one, telling me about the automated system.

 

I'll send you the two ticket number, thanks for looking into this.



x1981 Bengals #54 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15058 battles
  • 1,032
  • [FRAT]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014
I believe the current system is adequate

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4


Soogen7 #55 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7320 battles
  • 233
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016
I Agree nobody should mess with any tanks like that!

sumo1234 #56 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 47308 battles
  • 667
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015
Yosimite Sam......BACK OFF.......would be a good sticker.

WhoDrankMyBeers #57 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31335 battles
  • 402
  • Member since:
    04-18-2014
My advice for anyone who runs across friendlies bashing into people and generally being a **** is to simply put the enemy between you and them. Nine times out of ten they’ll get themselves killed real quick and you can resume your game.  I don't even bother reporting them, as usually after looking at their stats, it’s clear they’ve suffered enough :sceptic:

 


sLiThEr GoD #58 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8521 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

I use pushing to punish my team is certain circumstances like if they sit there for literally 2 in-game minutes waiting on me dying before they attack the targets I spot and they have a clear line if sight I see it as trolling and being able to push people is a self-built in punishment system if you don't want to get pushed how about actually playing the match and having a game of world of tanks rather than holding a grudge over certain players this is the reason why WR/WN7/WN8 doesn't mean a thing in this game because it is based on the teams performance rather than self-performance if it was self-performance my WR would be well over 80%. So in 99% of the cases you get pushed then you are obviously deserving of it here is a list of thing's I see as trolling and I will punish you at some point in the game if you are still alive.

 

1. Ramming people at the start of the game out of the way I.e to light tanks or lightly armored vehicles if anything there more important than any heavy in the game so let them leave first.

2. Blocking a shot on a teammate how about using your actual map and eyes and move into a position that doesn't block the view of teammates and if you must do this wait until they fire a shot then you go and fire then move back.

3. Not shooting targets that were spotted for you to purposely not give better players assist spotting damage or watching them die first. 

4. Using voice microphones to persuade the team to go all the same way when clearly you are a bad player and you are 100% going to lose due to this strategy if you went 50-50 on the map you would win 80% more. 

5. Getting spotted on purpose and then moving behind an ally so they take the hits.

 

This is just some of the things I see as trolling in this game, WOT is one of the easiest games I have ever played to understand I don't why so many of you fail to do the same i.e (don't sit in front of shots/ use cover/angle) some of the most basic things and 90% of you can't do it. 

 

If you do any of those thing's mentioned then obviously you are a horribly skilled player cause any player with even a hint of skill would understand them.


"Why would i want to be perfect, it leave's no room to improve"

 


zZGROGZz #59 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18883 battles
  • 2,638
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostsLiThEr GoD, on 17 April 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

I use pushing to punish my team is certain circumstances like if they sit there for literally 2 in-game minutes waiting on me dying before they attack the targets I spot and they have a clear line if sight I see it as trolling and being able to push people is a self-built in punishment system if you don't want to get pushed how about actually playing the match and having a game of world of tanks rather than holding a grudge over certain players this is the reason why WR/WN7/WN8 doesn't mean a thing in this game because it is based on the teams performance rather than self-performance if it was self-performance my WR would be well over 80%. So in 99% of the cases you get pushed then you are obviously deserving of it here is a list of thing's I see as trolling and I will punish you at some point in the game if you are still alive.

 

1. Ramming people at the start of the game out of the way I.e to light tanks or lightly armored vehicles if anything there more important than any heavy in the game so let them leave first.

2. Blocking a shot on a teammate how about using your actual map and eyes and move into a position that doesn't block the view of teammates and if you must do this wait until they fire a shot then you go and fire then move back.

3. Not shooting targets that were spotted for you to purposely not give better players assist spotting damage or watching them die first. 

4. Using voice microphones to persuade the team to go all the same way when clearly you are a bad player and you are 100% going to lose due to this strategy if you went 50-50 on the map you would win 80% more. 

5. Getting spotted on purpose and then moving behind an ally so they take the hits.

 

This is just some of the things I see as trolling in this game, WOT is one of the easiest games I have ever played to understand I don't why so many of you fail to do the same i.e (don't sit in front of shots/ use cover/angle) some of the most basic things and 90% of you can't do it. 

 

If you do any of those thing's mentioned then obviously you are a horribly skilled player cause any player with even a hint of skill would understand them.

 

There may be many reasons why a person is as you say, not playing the game properly. I.e. sitting still, not taking shots.

They may be a squeaker playing on daddies account with no knowledge. They may have a squeaker emergency. Or any number of things as to why.

There is absolutely no reason to push anyone at all. Returning troll action for anything you perceive as troll is troll in itself.


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


h3k71k3r #60 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20108 battles
  • 1,421
  • Member since:
    02-13-2016

View PostGuderian9139, on 16 April 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Back when the Toy Tanks were up, I had some greenie shooting and ramming me right across the battlefield.

He was actually pushing me all the way until we got to the North Boundary where I just stopped and played dead. 

We were dealing with incoming rounds through some of this and it really ticked me off that I was out in the open getting shoved in directions I did not want to go. 

 

As suddenly and inexplicably as it started, he decides to go fight Reds.  He starts firing and dodging behind cover to reload. 

I parked right in the spot he was using for cover and they ate him alive.   

He said he was reporting me for pushing him into the enemy.

Yes, what I did was a d+ck move but technically I did not "push" him anywhere.   

If he had recorded/submitted the last 10 seconds of his miserable life, it certainly would have looked like I was the aggressor.

Never heard anything more about it but I wonder- do complaints get looked at to see the full event or would it be judged solely on what the guy records?

 

 

 

AFAIK, judgment by evidence ... so if he does a clip which is only showing the last 30sec, or cutting his clip down to that ... you will be punished.

Thats the reason for Im doing 5min clips er default and ALLWAYS record a clip if something like that happened.

Just to show the judge that the thief is crying for beeing robbed by his intended victim.

 

If the convo starts "i report you blabla" my first response is everytime: ok, no prob, I did a clip of the whole situation. Mostly I never hear again of these kind of ... beeings.


 

 

 

Der stolze Löwe gibt nicht auf, er kämpft und siegt oder geht dabei drauf.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users