Punishment For Push Trolling

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Push Trolling (108 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should verified push trollers be required to pay a silver fine to the victim

1. No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient (15 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. Yes absolutely, it punishes the offender and provides restitution to the victim for the experience and time to report it. (83 votes [76.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.85%

3. Push trolling mostly happens to arty players anyway, and if it keeps players from playing that class, I don't care. (10 votes [9.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

Vote Hide poll

HMS Challenger #61 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 13627 battles
I wouldn’t be aposed to a public hanging?? Just a suggestion...

F4ST-D3V1LS #62 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16875 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostN333DL3, on 16 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

On Friday early evening I took the dog for a walk and was pondering push trolling in this game.  It had recently happened to me while grinding an arty line at lower tiers (has happened plenty of times).  It doesn't happen at higher tiers I concluded, it's too expensive to have a bad/losing game to bother. 

So what happens my first game after the Friday night dog walk?  A guy comes over and harasses my tier 9 arty.  He spends the first 5 minutes pushing my tank around until I get spotted then arty shot, then he goes off to play.  So I spent the time to record it, then I'll have to download it to a file sharing site, then get it to WG'ing to review it.  The guy PM'd me and said he "got two kills, how was your game?"

So what is the punishment for someone who does this, if WG'ing verifies that it is physics abuse?  Does anyone know, is there actually a punishment?

You know what I think would be a good punishment?  A substantial silver fine from offender to be paid to the victim of the abuse.  This would provide disincentive and at least reward the time/effort the victim has to go through.  Restitution if you will.  Works well in the real world.

Good post, good point, good suggestion.

3 Marked tanks: Aufklärungspanzer Panther - Tiger 131 - M36 Jackson - Pz.V/IV "Rammpanzer"

Snorelacks #63 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22036 battles
  • [BNKR]
Ironic that this thread is about tanks pushing/trolling arty. I had an arty push my STRV 1 out of cover on Live Oaks last night (was having a good game too- 14 pens/5 kills). I guess he was tired of a very slow paced game where his dolt of a platoon mate in a skill cannon got taken out early and he couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat. The game was tight and the reds still had a full health Grille 15 and a HESHstar, but it was winnable. Sent recording into WG and hope they take action. 

N333DL3 #64 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27202 battles

I'm not sure I've seen a poll with such overwhelming support for an idea, I'm certain the WGing team will find a way to implement this soon no doubt.

Funny I made the poll results public, so I was sure only a few ah..people would admit to trolling being ok because it was done on arty. 

I know that many people on these boards hate arty, some I know who've even voted in favor of fining trolls.  It is reassuring to know that most hate underhandedness even more.

Edited by N333DL3, 17 April 2018 - 05:47 PM.

Cobravert #65 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22237 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostN333DL3, on 17 April 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

so I was sure only a few ah..people would admit to trolling being ok because it was done on arty. 

I know that many people on these boards hate arty, some I know who've even voted in favor of fining trolls.  It is reassuring to know that most hate underhandedness even more.

For me, this isn't just about people push trolling artys. It's about push trolling ANYONE.

I've made a thread here a long time ago about having some form of in game ability to be able to stun people on the same team that are push trolling. If you ever played a UE57, you'd understand why. Just being in a TD that's sniping on a ridge will get you as much hate if not more from idiot teammates trying to push you off the edge to your death or out of cover until you die.

Guderian9139 #66 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11550 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View PostCobravert, on 17 April 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

For me, this isn't just about people push trolling artys. It's about push trolling ANYONE.

I've made a thread here a long time ago about having some form of in game ability to be able to stun people on the same team that are push trolling. If you ever played a UE57, you'd understand why. Just being in a TD that's sniping on a ridge will get you as much hate if not more from idiot teammates trying to push you off the edge to your death or out of cover until you die.

I only run arty 5% of the time and only recall being seriously trolled once ( not counting the occasional love-tap you get at the start of the match ).  Even though I am not big on driving TDs , they really attract more jaga$$es when I‘m just trying to live life

ArKenemyxX #67 Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13304 battles
  • [ADGAF]

had a pusher in a freedom push me into fire while i was in my k dragon. forget which map. then on prok i was south spawn cresting the hilltop next to the train tracks and the e50m got behind me and pushed me into fire. rage logged after.

i saved the freedom clip but wg wants the whole battle. takes to long to dl the whole clip on my slow internet so i report and block em

f1mitku #68 Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29090 battles

-> "No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient."

I would vote "Yes..." but there is no way for the game to automatically decide if the push is intentional or just an accident and this will result in too many undeserved fines.

N333DL3 #69 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27202 battles

View PostArKenemyxX, on 18 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

had a pusher in a freedom push me into fire while i was in my k dragon. forget which map. then on prok i was south spawn cresting the hilltop next to the train tracks and the e50m got behind me and pushed me into fire. rage logged after.

i saved the freedom clip but wg wants the whole battle. takes to long to dl the whole clip on my slow internet so i report and block em

It is a pain in the neck, but I think those folks need to be reported with video to ensure chronic abusers get punishment or bans.  If we don't, the behavior will just continue. 

I've found it wasn't that difficult to do.  At the end of the game, you can replay the game and record it.  Yes, you have to sit there and watch it happen again, which sucks.  But, once you have the video, you can save it to your computer hard drive.  I have a vimeo account, and it was easy to upload it there, then provide the link to WGing under the reporting procedure.  Seemed to work.

View Postf1mitku, on 18 April 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

-> "No, whatever War Gaming's punishment for physics abuse (push trolling) is, it is sufficient."

I would vote "Yes..." but there is no way for the game to automatically decide if the push is intentional or just an accident and this will result in too many undeserved fines.

The point is when you send in video evidence, WGing staff is watches it and makes a determination.  There are instances, like the last two times I was push trolled, that it is indisputable what the other players intent is.  This isn't a brawl around corners where one player might inadvertently bump another player moving forward.  These are instances where the player purposely and continually pushes and harasses away from the fight and the intent is obvious for any to see.

SightlessRogue0 #70 Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8826 battles
It seems to me that the slightest contact with a teammate automatically disqualifies you from the big gun medal for this game. Personally, because of this sanction I behave with my teammates as if they contagious leprosy.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

BrettSterlingH #71 Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38559 battles
  • [OM]

View PostVKSheridan, on 16 April 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

There is a HUGE difference in AFK, bumping, blocking retreat, connection interrupt, dead controller and [insert yeah but] compared to trolling.

If a dude purposely and obviously takes repeated action to impede or alter a players path and the video shows that, I agree with attaching a fine of silver on top of the existing WG process.  If the tool has no silver, sell the tank he used to get silver for the restitution to the recipient.

To the offender - “Entertainment ain’t free”.........

Yes I know the subject in question is just trolling, I was just making sure we all have the same definition of Trolling. I think you have it: 
purposeful repeated action to impede or alter a players path (or even block shots). So you have to rule out accidental bumps, like not stopping fast enough while a teammate is backing up, or backing up into a teammate who is also trying to retreat another direction. You also need repeated action. Any single incident, no matter how annoying, could have been an accident, until they back up, restart, and do it again.

mcnoople #72 Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35658 battles
  • [47R]

I was playing a couple of nights ago with bullpup and snorlacks on live oaks.  At the end of the match it is down to me (bc12), snorlacks, one tier 8 French arty and a green E5 that has spent the match sniping.  I was having terrible connection issues during the match, but it smoothed out at the very end.  The red team was an arty, a death star, a grille 15, and a wz111.   Snor is sniping in his stv swede premium TD and out arty drives up behind him and starts to push him out of cover.  The grille detects and shoots the arty hitting and destroying Snorlacks tank in the process, I watched the video he wasn't detected.

Trolls that do this style of behavior should get a HUUUUUUUUUGE silver fine.  I am talking about a fine of several million silver.  I don't know if snor or bullpup posted in this or not but it made me think of that since it was around Monday night.  And then I read a few posts above mine and see snorlacks did post in this.

Edited by mcnoople, 18 April 2018 - 07:10 PM.

290+ tanks played haven't caught 'em all yet  539543

Think you are the best at WOT this link might explain why you are so good at this game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Snorelacks #73 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22036 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postmcnoople, on 18 April 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

I was playing a couple of nights ago with bullpup and snorlacks on live oaks.  At the end of the match it is down to me (bc12), snorlacks, one tier 8 French arty and a green E5 that has spent the match sniping.  I was having terrible connection issues during the match, but it smoothed out at the very end.  The red team was an arty, a death star, a grille 15, and a wz111.   Snor is sniping in his stv swede premium TD and out arty drives up behind him and starts to push him out of cover.  The grille detects and shoots the arty hitting and destroying Snorlacks tank in the process, I watched the video he wasn't detected.

Trolls that do this style of behavior should get a HUUUUUUUUUGE silver fine.  I am talking about a fine of several million silver.  I don't know if snor or bullpup posted in this or not but it made me think of that since it was around Monday night.  And then I read a few posts above mine and see snorlacks did post in this.

I sent the recording in to WG, but haven’t heard back yet. The video is in my activity feed too. :facepalm:

Neurotic Cell #74 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19437 battles
  • [RATT]

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

VKSheridan #75 Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17857 battles

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 18 April 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yes I know the subject in question is just trolling, I was just making sure we all have the same definition of Trolling. I think you have it: 
purposeful repeated action to impede or alter a players path (or even block shots). So you have to rule out accidental bumps, like not stopping fast enough while a teammate is backing up, or backing up into a teammate who is also trying to retreat another direction. You also need repeated action. Any single incident, no matter how annoying, could have been an accident, until they back up, restart, and do it again.

Yup yup!

pepelefrogg #76 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 37021 battles
  • [WOTCS]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 April 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/204230-how-to-report-in-game-physics-abuse/

What kinds of actions do you take when someone is reported?

If the player is found to be guilty of what is reported, their account will receive sanctions. If it is their very first offense, they will receive a warning. After that, future offenses will result in a “strike” being placed on their account and escalating game bans depending on how many offenses they have. After a player has accumulated 5 strikes, their account will be permanently banned.

• Warning
  • First Strike – 1 day Game Ban
  • Second Strike – 3 day Game Ban
  • Third Strike – 7 day Game Ban
  • Fourth Strike – 30 day Game Ban
  • Fifth Strike – Permanent Game ban

*******For extremely severe violations, an account can be restricted to less than the above number of strikes, at the sole discretion of Wargaming employees. Wargaming reserves the right to review each situation and take the best action based on the individual details of the particular issue.

While those penalties do protect players from the offender for a short time. Short game bans like that I feel are ineffective. A one day ban? How many players are daily players (percentage wise) especially trolls. The silver option, especially if it is severe (500k or more) would impact the troll's ability to advance in the game .

N333DL3 #77 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27202 battles

View Postpepelefrogg, on 19 April 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

While those penalties do protect players from the offender for a short time. Short game bans like that I feel are ineffective. A one day ban? How many players are daily players (percentage wise) especially trolls. The silver option, especially if it is severe (500k or more) would impact the troll's ability to advance in the game .

I think they even start out with just a warning, which to me isn't enough because the purposed intent is so obviously meant to ruin another players game.

Then on the matter of a 1-day ban, I mean big deal.  That leads me to another question, does the one or multiple day ban start when the player tries to log in, or does it occur on the day they impose the ban. 

For example suppose someone gets a 1-day ban from WGing on lets say, Tuesday.  Are they banned Weds or when they next log in.  In the first case it is conceivable the player wasn't even going to play Weds and the ban wouldn't mean anything to them.

BrettSterlingH #78 Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38559 battles
  • [OM]

View PostN333DL3, on 19 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

I think they even start out with just a warning, which to me isn't enough because the purposed intent is so obviously meant to ruin another players game.

Then on the matter of a 1-day ban, I mean big deal.  That leads me to another question, does the one or multiple day ban start when the player tries to log in, or does it occur on the day they impose the ban. 

No idea, but I know bans resulting from team-killing are instant, and go from 2 hour to 24 hour to week to month to forever I believe. You need to team-kill twice in a day to start the process.

BrettSterlingH #79 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38559 battles
  • [OM]

View Postpepelefrogg, on 19 April 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

They should keep the warning. Warnings are important, for legal reasons. They could skip the 1-day ban and make the 4th strike a permaban. Or they could add a 90-day ban as a new 4th strike sanction.

BrettSterlingH #80 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38559 battles
  • [OM]
I play NA-West and I guess the players there are more polite because I rarely if ever have issues with trolls and at least half of the time they are just upset because of a really bad or unbalanced game and suicide, which is still sort of trolling, but not technically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users