Jump to content


Optimization? no longer works


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

JatemKaa #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55449 battles
  • 3,611
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

Since the last update, I have been late loading in quite a bit.  And the Optimize Content on the front page is doing NOTHING to help. This morning I ran the Optimize Content before I even tried to play. Here is the results:

1. Murovanka - winter SB WZ-111-1G FT  9:07am          worked fine

2. Malinovka                SB WZ-111-1G FT 9:14am          late loading in

3. El Halluf - War!        SB WZ-111-1G FT 9:26am         late loading in

4. Airfield - War!          SB WZ-111-1G FT  9:33am        late loading in

 

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it a 360 problem or all platforms? Everything worked very well before the last update.....

 



MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11794 battles
  • 17,285
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013
If the Optimize Content doesn't clear up the issue, a full clean install should help. (if you have the ability to)

JatemKaa #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55449 battles
  • 3,611
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

I have to do a clean install because of the update? Do you realize how long that takes on the 360? Not to mention it was the last update that caused this problem - shouldn't be WG's responsibility to fix it? I am already really down on this game - WG cares so little about fixing this probably minor problem that they would rather risk me walking away and quitting? Is this the new norm for fixing problems at WG? Reinstall the game from scratch? Over the past nearly four years, I have watched this game degenerate - lately I have been taking longer and longer breaks from playing - and now the only answer is to reinstall?

 

And you want me to spend MONEY on this game? It doesn't show.....


Edited by JatemKaa, 16 April 2018 - 03:16 PM.


Beta582 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18678 battles
  • 7,160
  • [TANK]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostJatemKaa, on 16 April 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I have to do a clean install because of the update? Do you realize how long that takes on the 360? Not to mention it was the last update that caused this problem - shouldn't be WG's responsibility to fix it? I am already really down on this game - WG cares so little about fixing this probably minor problem that they would rather risk me walking away and quitting? Is this the new norm for fixing problems at WG? Reinstall the game from scratch? Over the past nearly four years, I have watched this game degenerate - lately I have been taking longer and longer breaks from playing - and now the only answer is to reinstall?

 

Correct. Just like any software, changes built up over a long period of time have a tendency to cause some unwanted lines of leftover code forming. Usually these end up being relatively benign but sometimes can actually start to cause problems and impact performance. A clean reinstall is similar to "turn it off and back on again" really.

 

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have to do. I would advise just letting the download start when going to school/work and it should be done or pretty far through the download by the time you get home. That is usually what I do.

 

Also, your anti-Wargaming rant mixed in is really unnecessary.


 

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582


SteelReigN81 #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39454 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014
Tough, upgrade to a xbone, it's cheap "people" like you that hold back the game for the rest of us.


JatemKaa #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55449 battles
  • 3,611
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostBeta582, on 16 April 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

 

Correct. Just like any software, changes built up over a long period of time have a tendency to cause some unwanted lines of leftover code forming. Usually these end up being relatively benign but sometimes can actually start to cause problems and impact performance. A clean reinstall is similar to "turn it off and back on again" really.

 

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have to do. I would advise just letting the download start when going to school/work and it should be done or pretty far through the download by the time you get home. That is usually what I do.

 

Also, you anti-Wargaming rant mixed in is really unnecessary.

 

As a programmer back from the days of COBOL and Fortran and BASIC , I am fully aware of such leftover code causing problems. This game is SERVER side, it would prevent future problems if WG fixed the cause on their end.

As far as the "anti-WG" rant, it has built up over time - and they have done little to nothing to help.

 



JatemKaa #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55449 battles
  • 3,611
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostSteelReigN81, on 16 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Tough, upgrade to a xbone, it's cheap "people" like you that hold back the game for the rest of us.

 

​you know what, I think I just might take you up on that. Hope you got deep wallet, because you will be making up for my spending. And I would get playing more. as you are going to have to make up for the 50K battles I would have played trying to keep the game afloat.

JatemKaa #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55449 battles
  • 3,611
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014
And Max, you can thank steelreign81 for the loss of one of your longest players. His venom, combined with WG's apathy, has finally run me off too. As I told him, hopefully he can make up for all the games I would be filling as well as what money I would have spent on this game in the future. 

Beta582 #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18678 battles
  • 7,160
  • [TANK]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostJatemKaa, on 16 April 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

 

As a programmer back from the days of COBOL and Fortran and BASIC , I am fully aware of such leftover code causing problems. This game is SERVER side, it would prevent future problems if WG fixed the cause on their end.

As far as the "anti-WG" rant, it has built up over time - and they have done little to nothing to help.

 

 

Just responding to the bolded part:

There is still ~50GB on data client side that is constantly being patched and edited that can become corrupted. That has nothing to do with the Wargaming servers. Generally late loading into matches is caused by problems on the client side, not the server side...

 

View PostJatemKaa, on 16 April 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

And Max, you can thank steelreign81 for the loss of one of your longest players. His venom, combined with WG's apathy, has finally run me off too. As I told him, hopefully he can make up for all the games I would be filling as well as what money I would have spent on this game in the future. 

 

​K bye then. If a simple client reinstall on outdated hardware is enough to make you rage quit the game, I don't know what more to tell you. You can either accept the advice and play, or don't. Most around here won't mind much whichever you choose.

 

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582


madbruiser #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 29357 battles
  • 190
  • [DOOM]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View PostSteelReigN81, on 16 April 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Tough, upgrade to a xbone, it's cheap "people" like you that hold back the game for the rest of us.

 

​jus another toxic, uninformed forum troll thats hurts a community lol.

 

some of you seriously need to wake up. guy comes on forum to explain his issues and you are so quick to defend wargaming, clearly hes a long time player and was in no way rude or out of hand in his comments. we get the fact that some of you are childish and love to see your comments seem tough or smart lol ... you come off like children and we all get a laugh . 

 

i love the game , but it has issues, some of which wargaming show no regards to addressing. dont be so quick to defend wot, they have mods that can handle themselves with little help from forum white knights and trolly little comments. to lose any player at this point is bad for the game.... and to lose a player with that amount of time invested should be a bigger concern for wot. 


Edited by madbruiser, 16 April 2018 - 03:52 PM.


SteelReigN81 #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39454 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostJatemKaa, on 16 April 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

 

​you know what, I think I just might take you up on that. Hope you got deep wallet, because you will be making up for my spending. And I would get playing more. as you are going to have to make up for the 50K battles I would have played trying to keep the game afloat.

 

​My pockets are well deep thanks, over 90 premium tanks most paid for and non stop premium time from the beginning plus tonnes of other bits and pieces just because you play alot don't mean you spend alot. I pay more than most to keep this game going, not all but most.


CaptainSlow6969 #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15280 battles
  • 2,162
  • [R41D]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postmadbruiser, on 16 April 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

 

​jus another toxic, uninformed forum troll thats hurts a community lol.

 

what community? :hiding: Maybe the guy saying tough is just frustrated, hes not a troll with what hes saying and hes not even toxic from my point of view but thats just me but he could be his xbox 360 though it depends on how old it is if its one of the old models it will slow down become sluggish its old hardware 

Edited by CaptainSlow6969, 16 April 2018 - 03:50 PM.

WOT

SteelReigN81 #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39454 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View Postmadbruiser, on 16 April 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

 

​jus another toxic, uninformed forum troll thats hurts a community lol.

 

​Just another cheap 360 player snowflake.


Beta582 #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18678 battles
  • 7,160
  • [TANK]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View Postmadbruiser, on 16 April 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

 

​jus another toxic, uninformed forum troll thats hurts a community lol.

 

View PostCaptainSlow6969, on 16 April 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

what community? :hiding: Maybe the guy saying tough is just frustrated, hes not a troll with what hes saying and hes not even toxic from my point of view but thats just me but he could be his xbox 360 though it depends on how old it is if its one of the old models it will slow down become sluggish its old hardware 

 

I think people just can't take criticism anymore. What the dude said wasn't even that bad. A bit on the nose? Sure. But not enough that I would consider him "toxic". Plus, he does make a good point, the 360, while a fantastic machine in it's time, is outdated. It's old hardware that I am still surprised WoT runs as well as it does on.

 

But that is just the opinion of some random guy on the internet. :harp:


 

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582


madbruiser #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 29357 battles
  • 190
  • [DOOM]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View PostSteelReigN81, on 16 April 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

​Just another cheap 360 player snowflake.

 

hahaha yes im on a 360 lol, wow how did you know.... inspector gadget has nothing on you thats for sure lol.

 

or maybe ... jus maybe i value all players hmmmmmmm 

 

nah probably jus a 360 guy right lol, with no money spent in game and shouldnt even be saying anything because he holds back the game 

 

hahahahahahaaha plebs you gotta love them 



CaptainSlow6969 #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15280 battles
  • 2,162
  • [R41D]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostBeta582, on 16 April 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

 

 

I think people just can't take criticism anymore. What the dude said wasn't even that bad. A bit on the nose? Sure. But not enough that I would consider him "toxic". Plus, he does make a good point, the 360, while a fantastic machine in it's time, is outdated. It's old hardware that I am still surprised WoT runs as well as it does on.

 

But that is just the opinion of some random guy on the internet. :harp:

Yeah agreed quitting a game because of guy on the internet is just plain silly but people are sensitive these days.. 


WOT

Joco3000 #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24262 battles
  • 26,122
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostJatemKaa, on 16 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

And Max, you can thank steelreign81 for the loss of one of your longest players. His venom, combined with WG's apathy, has finally run me off too. As I told him, hopefully he can make up for all the games I would be filling as well as what money I would have spent on this game in the future. 

 

That was venom?

Oh, stay away from the UK then. We're outright polluting in comparison.

 

His point is somewhat valid though. It's an Xbox 360 only issue, and it would be fixed in its entirety by getting one of the newer consoles, which are coming up to half a decade old themselves.

It's not an issue WG can fix without rebuilding how the 360 updates, if I recall the conversations from about four years ago properly. Which is why the newest consoles also don't have this issue, as they avoided it with them.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


TripleFFFG #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 40487 battles
  • 328
  • [TDUS]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2014

Older hardware has a life cycle. When it starts to fail these symptoms occur. 

I know you do not want to hear this , but it is probably time to upgrade. 

We do not run on Windows 95 anymore either, there are reasons for it...



redshadowrider #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31633 battles
  • 6,908
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

I do have a question though.  I thought I was addicted to this game , but am still wondering.  How does one play almost twice as many games as I have and starting in the game after I did?  Not digging, just really curious.


I'm just saying.....

VKSheridan #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19932 battles
  • 2,799
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Postredshadowrider, on 16 April 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

I do have a question though.  I thought I was addicted to this game , but am still wondering.  How does one play almost twice as many games as I have and starting in the game after I did?  Not digging, just really curious.

 

Die quicker mate.

 

I understand the OP’s frustration but a deep breath sometimes does the body good.

 

If the recent update bricked every 360, the forum would be a full blown war zone.  It isn’t.

 

Artifacts are as varied on their effects as the data on the drive being written.  Yeah, it sucks when you’re the guy who got the dirty spoon but it happens.  I’ve had brand new games corrupt their copy on install.  Frustrating for sure but not pandemic.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users