Clash of Titans: Soviet and Chinese On Track Events Live Now

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

WeNeedTheWall #41 Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 171 battles
Yep FK this competition No tank for winning team FK that I'm not wasting time on trying to get stupid medals for points but it doesn't matter team China gonna win how I know there barely any China tanks on the battlefield and they are gonna have the most gold buyers on there team

Meltheacin #42 Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13662 battles

View PostWeNeedTheWall, on 21 April 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Yep FK this competition No tank for winning team FK that I'm not wasting time on trying to get stupid medals for points but it doesn't matter team China gonna win how I know there barely any China tanks on the battlefield and they are gonna have the most gold buyers on there team

I agree with 3/4 of your post but I ask once more, please enlighten me how you correlate that those who play for team China have the most gold buyers? When comparing the amount of premium tanks Russia has to China, Russia has vastly more.

Edit:

Russian premiums tier 3 and above (no skin duplicates): 31

China premiums tier 3 and above (no skin duplicates): 9

Edited by Meltheacin, 22 April 2018 - 02:31 AM.

Zeon Will Never Fall
From Zeon Zum Deikun, all the way to Full Frontal,
 we will never give up our goal of independence.

BigLon49 #43 Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:22 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24994 battles
  • [N8VE]
ive have only made 2 points  in 2 days i dont think im gonna make 1 completion.

abhiop741 #44 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26820 battles
  • [DICO]

Stupid from WG to have change the points attribution system ! The previous system was much better. Now there is too much luck : you can play ten good victorious games and nevertherless get no points. And why some medals give points and other not ? WG seems to think that we are all playing with a list of medals that we try to obtain. It is so stupid : the goal of the game is to play well and to try to make win our team, not to watch which medal we can try to get in the game !

I have only ten points yet and I don't know if I will be motivated enough to get even one realisation for Russia !

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

TonXK300 #45 Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 26268 battles

View PostBigLon49, on 22 April 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

ive have only made 2 points  in 2 days i dont think im gonna make 1 completion.

same here! I just can’t get on with this point system even though I’ve managed to get into the top 5 in most of my battles which would have suited the 5-3-1 scoring system better (at least in my case/play style). Experts only?

Maybe the final result will not be so overwhelming to the winners.

XTc40 #46 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5920 battles

First up I dont want to be salty and thank WG for such a great game.

Second what garbage Clash of the Titans op is WG , High Caliber ( only one play per game recieves this) Steel Wall again only 1 player , Top Gun very rare , Sniper again rules out most of the team, fighter again rare for any member of a team to kill 3 enemy tanks , Demolition expert ( death by ammo rack but every time I ammo racked someone it did not kill them,again another rare medal ) don't start on the invader medal and defender medals . Being playing for about 6 hours over the weekend and have 6 points. Well done on this Op WG. Just to rub salt in the wound they cant even tell you what prizes you get . Bag of goodies ? Well I feel like im back at school. 

Big fail on this op WG.

xWIELEBNYx #47 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13366 battles
  • [1410]

View PostTonXK300, on 22 April 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

same here! I just can’t get on with this point system even though I’ve managed to get into the top 5 in most of my battles which would have suited the 5-3-1 scoring system better (at least in my case/play style). Experts only?

Maybe the final result will not be so overwhelming to the winners.

same here so i stopped playing this weekand
Ino mine dej no stryj i spirytus z kanki i jo men.

JelliedPenny08 #48 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13292 battles

I got a point! Just thought I'd share! 

This scoring method is similar to my score - pointless...

;)

HeavyKaragh #49 Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 49827 battles

View Postabhiop741, on 22 April 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Stupid from WG to have change the points attribution system ! The previous system was much better. Now there is too much luck : you can play ten good victorious games and nevertherless get no points. And why some medals give points and other not ? WG seems to think that we are all playing with a list of medals that we try to obtain. It is so stupid : the goal of the game is to play well and to try to make win our team, not to watch which medal we can try to get in the game !

I have only ten points yet and I don't know if I will be motivated enough to get even one realisation for Russia !

Yep. This system could work if all medals gave some points and over a extended time frame. Why demolition expert yes but not arsonist? Or hand of God? Or Confederate?

I think Soviets will win this one. They have a good advantage because they can get points through their armor.

AngryArcadeNerd #50 Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3164 battles

Few words about event. It isn't so bad as you can guess. I played for China on M5A1 Stuart. Yes, I agreed, that playing ordinary game is disappointing, but you can put your team on your service by playing the light. Doesn't matter who steals frags, all damage goes to your count. Little luck and you get Patrol Duty. (just wait specific map such as Redshire or Pacific, maybe Prokhorovka) Or Invader. No point to catch for High Caliber, Shellproof or even Steel Wall.

BTW I suppose this event based on luck. Yesterday I wasted whole day to get points on EU server. Got 8. Today I spent 2 hours to receive 11 on NA.

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 22 April 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I think Soviets will win this one. They have a good advantage because they can get points through their armor.

Light chineese tanks disagree with You.

Edited by AngryArcadeNerd, 22 April 2018 - 01:13 PM.

Graf_Weissbrot #51 Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24362 battles
  • [-LOD-]

So there are 2 medals which encourage kill stealing, 1 which encourages base yoloing, 2 for platoons (which are known to destroy the match making) and others that are either based on luck or extremely hard to get.

This may be the most toxic and game destroying op this game has seen so far. GG Wargaming.

P.S.: Everything apart from a landslide victory for China would be a huge surprise for me (to put it diplomatically).

jerrysalley #52 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 38025 battles
  • [DDOGS]
WORST OP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zyxlzizm #53 Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34369 battles
  • [ALL41]

Well here it is day 3 of the op and still no list of what the reward will be.  But guess what, it doesn't matter.  If you don't play light tanks that yolo the base or platoon in mediums, or pay to play, or are a unicum - well then this Clash of Titans is not for you!  Poorly thought out for those of us who are just average players, trying to enjoy a game.  This weekend saw VERY limited play time in WoT, almost to the point of not playing the game any longer.

Clash of Titans is anything but.  The reward - doesn't exist. The game - not fun. This is just another coffin nail in the WoT death nell.  None of my friends will take the time to join me on WoT any more.  So, I guess I will go, too.  It is too bad because I really enjoyed the game for ;the first three years.  Then something happenned.

Well, goob bye and thanks for all the fish!

redshadowrider #54 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33646 battles
I got 3 in 3 days, and I am not talking completions.  I thought I did well, put almost 2 million in silver in my bank, but the op says I sucked.
I'm just saying.....

killer etzi0 #55 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 54416 battles
  • [47R]

View Postjerrysalley, on 22 April 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

WORST OP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X10

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

ApachecNative #56 Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31920 battles
Here is some feedback Wg I think if you had posted something in the op's tap of how to earn each medal besides on the console portal site. For those who don't research the medals or use the forums.Then players would know what they are doing wrong to try and get them. Example someone said the other day to yolo for Patrol Duty like you would for scout medal. That is not how you do it.You have to spot 6 or more and hope they get hit. By your team while your the only one spotting them. Where as for Scout Medal not counted in this op your spotting 9 or more before the next guy does and they don't have to get hit by your team .Giving players the wrong advice of how to get the medal's doesn't help. My stats are one of the lowest here. I think it has to do with me going to next tank before getting the win rate up before moving on to next tank maybe not. Any how back on track (yeah a on track joke kinda haha)to what i was saying If  I can get a completion done vs players with stats over 55% and up  and they can't get one completion. Then they are trying to earn the medals wrong or not using the correct tank require for them IMO. Example lights or med's for Patrol Duty, TD for sniper and TD's and Heavy's for Steel Wall or a tank they are good enough in to get Top Gun if you get one of these 4 then some of the other medals will follow.Reminder you have about 7 hrs left tank on do your best and score some points. Good Luck

Edited by ApachecNative, 23 April 2018 - 08:30 AM.

Meltheacin #57 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13662 battles

View PostApachecNative, on 22 April 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

I think if they had posted something in the op's tap of how to earn each medal besides on the console portal site. For those who don't research the medals or use the forums.Then players would know what they are doing wrong to try and get them. Example someone said the other day to yolo for Patrol Duty like you would for scout medal. That is not how you do it.You have to spot 6 or more and hope they get hit. By your team while your the only one spotting them. Where as for Scout Medal not counted in this op your spotting 9 or more before the next guy does and they don't have to get hit by your team .Giving players the wrong advice of how to get the medal's doesn't help. My stats are one of the lowest here. I think it has to do with me going to next tank before getting the win rate up before moving on to next tank maybe not. Any how back on track (yeah a on track joke kinda haha)to what i was saying If  I can get a completion done vs players with stats over 55% and up  and they can't get one completion. Then they are trying to earn the medals wrong or not using the correct tank require for them IMO. Example lights or med's for Patrol Duty, TD for sniper and TD's and Heavy's for Steel Wall or a tank they are good enough in to get Top Gun if you get one of these 4 then some of the other medals will follow.Reminder you have about 7 hrs left tank on do your best and score some points. Good Luck

Rather ironic that you start with saying that a fair amount of players who are having problems with the op don’t use the forum, then you give advice for what they should do but its written on the forum. Not trying to attack you since you’re just trying to help, and its good advice, but I just find it a tad funny.

Sadly, some of us aren’t mad about trying to do the op but rather we’re annoyed by the atmosphere it brought and how its been effecting the matches. I got fed up with the chaos on Friday and completely avoided multiplayer since. I just hope everything settles back down tomorrow.

Edit: I ended up just grinding the last 26k xp on my WZ-111 in PG and got my 113. It was a pain but it was less frustrating than doing it in multiplayer this weekend.

Zeon Will Never Fall
From Zeon Zum Deikun, all the way to Full Frontal,
 we will never give up our goal of independence.

Greywoolfe64 #58 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15522 battles
  • [27PZR]

View PostGraf_Weissbrot, on 22 April 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

So there are 2 medals which encourage kill stealing, 1 which encourages base yoloing, 2 for platoons (which are known to destroy the match making) and others that are either based on luck or extremely hard to get.

This may be the most toxic and game destroying op this game has seen so far. GG Wargaming.

P.S.: Everything apart from a landslide victory for China would be a huge surprise for me (to put it diplomatically).

I noticed that RNG was particularly favouring Chinese vehicles from my experience. The number of times I had a derp gun trained on a Chinese vehicle with a guaranteed kill shot only to leave it on one health to kill me was insane- as was yesterday, when I confronted a Chinese CHi-ha with my SU-76i, and the bloody thing one-shotted me through my frontal armour, which just shouldn't happen.

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

BigLon49 #59 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24994 battles
  • [N8VE]

finally completed the round with 1 hr left man was i sweating it thinkin im not gona to make it like most of the ones i did when i first started ..hardest point system EVER !!

ApachecNative #60 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31920 battles

View PostMeltheacin, on 23 April 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Rather ironic that you start with saying that a fair amount of players who are having problems with the op don’t use the forum, then you give advice for what they should do but its written on the forum. Not trying to attack you since you’re just trying to help, and its good advice, but I just find it a tad funny.

Sadly, some of us aren’t mad about trying to do the op but rather we’re annoyed by the atmosphere it brought and how its been effecting the matches. I got fed up with the chaos on Friday and completely avoided multiplayer since. I just hope everything settles back down tomorrow.

Edit: I ended up just grinding the last 26k xp on my WZ-111 in PG and got my 113. It was a pain but it was less frustrating than doing it in multiplayer this weekend.

You miss understood the whole point it's basically feedback. Telling WG how they could have gave players info on how to play and earn each medal.Instead of just posting what medals that was needed in the op tab with out info of how to earn them. if players had seen the info in the op tabs of how to earn each medal then maybe battles would had been better .Sorry i didn't use the grammar the way you would had like it but i'm to dang old to worry about that ..  WG got their feed back of my opinion and that is all they needed.Even if i worded it wrong Max and Rai would had known what i'm saying and that's what counts.

Edited by ApachecNative, 23 April 2018 - 10:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users