Keeping it accessible but rewarding effort for Tank OPs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gallant Prime #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:52 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38463 battles
  • [47R]

So after China's win it was suggested that one-and-done individuals brought Germany and the US down.  I admittedly contributed to Germany because I had nothing to really play for--I had all the prize tanks but China and I already have a King Dragon

But I like that an underdog won (China).  Other forumers, did not seem to feel so much the same way and many have suggested raising the number of minimum completions.  I think this is a bad idea as I can see others struggling to get one completed either because of ability or time.  

But effort should be rewarded and it is assumed WG's purpose in these ops is to get people to play more.  Certainly, the silver and crew multiplier ops we just had were right on target with that, but it may be a little too much to have silver and crew ops and a tank at the end.

WG can magnify the value of completions though.  After so many completions, your future completions count as 1.25 towards the op until you hit another tier where they count as 1.5.  Perhaps at MVP level every completion is counted as 2.    

The numbers can be finessed, but the idea is that those that are competing in the op and putting in a lot of completions, put a greater weight in on the average--reward for the effort.  This would also give a focused group of players for a smaller nation a better chance to upset, as the one-and-done crowd would have less affect on the outcome and the multiplier would magnify the efforts more of the high completionist. (more accurate measure of effort).  This would keep players playing as their effort becomes more rewarded--counts more.  

This would also undermine the ability of others to use alternative accounts to bring a nation down--as their efforts for putting in completions on their chosen nation would be better rewarded than the time spent completing a one-and-done on multiple other accounts. 

Finally, this would NOT punish those that could only complete one completion either because of time or ability, as they would still get the reward if their nation wins without having to do multiple completions (and they could worry less about their efforts bringing their chosen nation down).

Thoughts?

greenteam117 #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19434 battles
  • [LEONI]
something like that could work, would make people who get MVP medals more important and special and would make MVP players  want to get more completions than just the 100.

"I do not need to fight him... I just need to kill him"-Nagisa Shiota                                                                                                       "Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."-Abbess Helena

Hated Tanks!- IKV103 AND T-34-2      Do what makes you happy... or die trying.      "The only ones who should kill, are those prepared to be killed."- Lelouch Vi Britannia

Tanks Lines i Recommend for new Players 1.IS Line 2.KV Line 3.Maus Line 4.Japanese Super Heavy Line 5.US Heavy Line. "These heretics refute the Emperor's holy right to rule. Let them argue with the barrel of a gun."-Canoness Sabine

favorite tank(s) are : captured KV-1, Champion M10, Gorynych KV-5, bogatyr, churchill III, Glory is-5, IS-2, Kaiju, Edelweiss, Nameless, e-100, type 5 heavy, T-10, The Hidden, M4A1 Revalorise, Hammer, IS-3, Fatherland, GuP, Lycan, T26E4, Boilermaker,Pz. II J PS, Valentine II, Honor T-28E, ISU-130, WT Auf pz. IV, Lowe, British Bulldog, Pz. B2, Legion, Motherland, King Dragon, T28 Concept, M6A2E1, Skorpion G, Pz. 58 Mutz, Pz V/IV, Bizon T-103, PZ. 38H, Chi-Nu Kai, T-34-88, STG, WZ-120-1G FT, STRV 81, Tiger 131, King Tiger, Chi-Ri(and maybe some other tanks that are not coming to mind) i pretty much like all the tanks that i own (i find it fun to earn premium tanks).  Marks on Premium Tanks       even the most loved thing, if played too much. becomes the most hated thing in the world.  

Pawel Broda 73 #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26625 battles
Nice idea ;-)

Sovietdeath #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14900 battles

View PostGallant Prime, on 16 April 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

So after China's win it was suggested that one-and-done individuals brought Germany and the US down.  I admittedly contributed to Germany because I had nothing to really play for--I had all the prize tanks but China and I already have a King Dragon

But I like that an underdog won (China).  Other forumers, did not seem to feel so much the same way and many have suggested raising the number of minimum completions.  I think this is a bad idea as I can see others struggling to get one completed either because of ability or time.  

But effort should be rewarded and it is assumed WG's purpose in these ops is to get people to play more.  Certainly, the silver and crew multiplier ops we just had were right on target with that, but it may be a little too much to have silver and crew ops and a tank at the end.

WG can magnify the value of completions though.  After so many completions, your future completions count as 1.25 towards the op until you hit another tier where they count as 1.5.  Perhaps at MVP level every completion is counted as 2.    

The numbers can be finessed, but the idea is that those that are competing in the op and putting in a lot of completions, put a greater weight in on the average--reward for the effort.  This would also give a focused group of players for a smaller nation a better chance to upset, as the one-and-done crowd would have less affect on the outcome and the multiplier would magnify the efforts more of the high completionist. (more accurate measure of effort).  This would keep players playing as their effort becomes more rewarded--counts more.  

This would also undermine the ability of others to use alternative accounts to bring a nation down--as their efforts for putting in completions on their chosen nation would be better rewarded than the time spent completing a one-and-done on multiple other accounts. 

Finally, this would NOT punish those that could only complete one completion either because of time or ability, as they would still get the reward if their nation wins without having to do multiple completions (and they could worry less about their efforts bringing their chosen nation down).

Thoughts?

Actually it would only benefit the underdog nations even more just as an fyi

Soogen7 #5 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7319 battles
Got 7 completions for Germany and got the 59 legion Patton 50 percent off !

Gallant Prime #6 Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38463 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSovietdeath, on 16 April 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Actually it would only benefit the underdog nations even more just as an fyi

​Why do you believe so? 

Even if it did give a slight benefit to smaller nations, is that a bad thing, considering everything else? 

I think it is safe to say German and the US were pulled down this last time, considering their previous completions rates, but that can't be expected anymore, particular given the last result.  One thing I did not mention is that this would also discourage driving down a smaller nations numbers by one-and-dones.  A bitter player with a few alternate accounts might just one-and-done China this turn.  It would be a lot easier to drive down a smaller nation than a larger nation.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users