AMX M4 49

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Funktastic Ed #1 Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18226 battles

So as i played a lot of games with it right now, i can tell one thing about the AMX M4 49.

It's a marvellous tank in a tier VIII battle, pretty weak in a tier IX battle, and a terrible tank in a tier X battle.

I just played 3 games with it, been low dog each time, been destroyed every games and only penetrated 6 times over 33 shots , because i had to face ST1, IS7, IS4, E100, T110E4/E5 ...etc, and with this gun you are screwed, got not enough pen or alpha to be efficient facing these guys!

Problem is that you don't have mobility to relocate fast to flank ennemies, and you don't have the gun and optics to stay away.

So what do you do in a tier X battle with this guy ?

You support bigger tanks ?

Yeah but you don't pen... and when the bigger tank allied is dead, you 're done.

You scout and try to spot ennemies ?

Yeah but you have only 370m view range, meaning you'll be spotted before you see anyone, even with equipments/perks, bvecause everyone have these.

Yeah it abolutly does not justify 12 000 gold, because it has too much flaws and not enough assets.

Now is the time i will desperatly hope that someone at WG read this.

The tank needs a buff, a balanced buff.

At least make this tank unable to encounter tier X, wich it's totally unefficient agains, give him a tier IX limit.

Then give him the same view range as the FCM 50t or CDC, they are from the same era and have 390m view range there's no logic here.

then i'm OK with a tank having weak spots (some have very few.) but the cippola ruins every breakthrough aspect of the M4 49, as even a tier VI medium or light is able to punish any attempt by aiming at it.

Or if you don't buff this thing, at least make it available for 8000/8500 gold, because it's not better than a Chief T-95 or a T-54 mod.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Vampire_Izumi #2 Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25491 battles
  • [LEONI]

View Postgreenteam117, on 28 April 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

this is the main reason i chose the Lowe instead of the AMX m4 49, they are very similar tanks. but the lowe has better all around armor, and the gun is waaay more accurate (only downside is Rate of Fire).

with that tank based on the armor, try to use your max gun depression whenever possible, (wile hiding the lower plate) it will make your upper plate insanely hard to pen and it will make your roof weakspot smaller. your turret will also be super hard to pen. it looks like the side armor is too weak for anything else though. so best option in my opinion is this:

if i owned and played the tank i would give better/more helpful tips, but sadly i do not own it. this just looks like the best way to use the armor in my opinion. i hope it helps some what!

Edit: was looking at the pic i did and noticed weakspots that happen when using full gun depression, (below the hull cheeks)

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

ATHFjman18 #3 Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17988 battles
  • [JOCO]

Pretty sure this tank doesn't need a buff.

Edit:

Definitely sure now. Nerf Barometer shows the HMH and regular version as the top and no. 4 performers among all tier VIII premium heavy tanks....enough said. 

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/nerf-barometer?_recent=on&premium=true&_premium=on&country=all&vehicletype=heavyTank&tier=8&server=xbox

Funktastic Ed #4 Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18226 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 28 April 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Edit:

Definitely sure now. Nerf Barometer shows the HMH and regular version as the top and no. 4 performers among all tier VIII premium heavy tanks....enough said. 

http://www.wotinfo.net/en/nerf-barometer?_recent=on&premium=true&_premium=on&country=all&vehicletype=heavyTank&tier=8&server=xbox

This doesn't mean anything to me.

Their are tanks that are played by unicorns and they do have good behavior..but the usual player will never be able to perform as good.

The tank is 12 000 gold, meaning there's not a lot of people that own it, and you don't see them often.

I talk from my experience, and i tell you that this tank has too many problems when at tier X, there's Nothing you can do if your team does bad, there's no way you can stop any of the heavier tanks with this one.

This tank is just not able to perform a tier X battle, your only hope is to be in the good team, and catch some good targets here and there, that's not enough for 12 000 gold.

There are tanks that have even worse alpha/pen at tier VIII, most of them have other tactical options, this one is clearly supposed to be on contact, because it is not accurate and does not pen at a distance, and don't have speed/agility either.

Now i have a question.

Do you own the tank ?

ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17988 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 28 April 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

This doesn't mean anything to me.

Their are tanks that are played by unicorns and they do have good behavior..but the usual player will never be able to perform as good.

The tank is 12 000 gold, meaning there's not a lot of people that own it, and you don't see them often.

I talk from my experience, and i tell you that this tank has too many problems when at tier X, there's Nothing you can do if your team does bad, there's no way you can stop any of the heavier tanks with this one.

This tank is just not able to perform a tier X battle, your only hope is to be in the good team, and catch some good targets here and there, that's not enough for 12 000 gold.

There are tanks that have even worse alpha/pen at tier VIII, most of them have other tactical options, this one is clearly supposed to be on contact, because it is not accurate and does not pen at a distance, and don't have speed/agility either.

Now i have a question.

Do you own the tank ?

Yeah data and stats mean nothing... any tank that performs well is due to those pesky unicums since they are obviously the only ones that play the tanks that perform well...

I don’t own the AMX M4 49, but I can tell you that EVERY tier VIII heavy tank, whether it be premium or in the tech tree, should have a difficult time going up against the tanks you mentioned since most were tier X tanks. A tank two tiers above you will always be more of a challenge...this is no different from for any tank with normal MM through tiers III to VIII. 

12,000 gold is in line with a lot of other heavy tanks at tier VIII. Say for instance the IS-6, FCM 50t, Löwe, etc etc. You can’t compare pricing with the AMX M4 49 with tier VIII medium tanks like the CDC OR T-54 Proto....they are naturally cheaper due to their class. 

In short, the tank does not need a buff, PMM or a reduction in price. I’m sure many would agree with me. 

P6X330 #6 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

I own the HMH M4 Mle 49.

I got lured into the purchase because I made the mistake to believe it's armor was god like. I do not usually play heavy tanks. I am more of a medium and light guy. 

Anyway, when the HMH came out, it was supposedly the ONE French tank with armor. I was influenced by the early reviews published by better players, and in Tier VIII games.

Once that tank was in my park, I understood right away that the emperor had not clothes. 

I absolutely agree with Funktastick Ed. 

I am not asking for a buff, I think this tank is more a medium than a heavy. When I play it with caution, then I get some results. 

But I have my CdC that does better in that departmen. Therefore my HMH M4 is gathering dust in the park. I never take it out anymore. 

Even when I am top Tier, VI's lights have absolutely no problem to send me back to my daddy. And they don't have to sweat it. Apart from the frontal, there is not armor to speak of sides or back.

I have partnered with someone who play that tank, but I derive no pleasure. If anybody that has it wants to take a mentee, I am game. Else, this tank is just a figment in my garage...

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

GoblinTactics #7 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5900 battles
I own the hmh 49.

It's a very overpowered tank, almost immortal hull down from the front in tier 8 and 9 matches.

It's sides and rear have no armor, but the front is around 250, with a weaker lower plate.

It's gun is pretty decent, but get some gold for tier 10.

Just stay hull down and never show your sides and anyone can do very well in this monster.

This tank, in my opinion, is one of the strongest premiums to be introduced.

NetoAH5 #8 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20140 battles
  • [D-CKS]

I own the HMH AMX M4 49 mle.  and I can tell you ti's a beast!

A monster when top tier.  I mean, tanks just don't know where to hit you to pen you!

Very strong in tier IX battles.  I have parked  on Himmelsdorf D8 and bounced an E75 and two other tanks for over 5k damage!

It's not a frontline tank at tier X but not many tier VIII tanks are and you can't expose the sides of your turret or rear.

Frontally and with the lower plate hidden it's almost impregnable.  It's a very mobile tank for a heavy but of course it won't be as fast as many mediums or some TDs.

It lives up to the fact that is probably the only one French Heavy with significant armor and gun with some punch!

I agree with GoblinTactics.  This tank is very strong, doesn't need a buff and certainly not a nerf.  Leave as is!

RAD FROOD 25 #9 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19966 battles
I'd like the AMX M4 Mle.49 Ameliore with 300mm+ on the front thanks

YCS-186 #10 Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
i own one, it's easily the best French premium IMO. Frontal armor that's capable of bouncing tier X guns, and it has a gun with 232mm AP pen, which is workable (though not amazing) at tier X. I have a lot of tier VIII premiums that would kill for that gun/armor combo.
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

P6X330 #11 Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:02 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostYCS-186, on 26 May 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

i own one, it's easily the best French premium IMO. Frontal armor that's capable of bouncing tier X guns, and it has a gun with 232mm AP pen, which is workable (though not amazing) at tier X. I have a lot of tier VIII premiums that would kill for that gun/armor combo.

I just had three absolutely horrible games in it this morning.... could not hit anything after full aiming.... I also attempted a couple of hazardous shots on the move which did not work too well. Totally different from yesterday, where I was simply hitting and killing (so to speak) everything in site...

Not sure why, possibly being bottom tier each time contributed to the debacle?!

Or, people playing on Sunday's are better than those playing on Saturday's?

Yeah.... that is the reason why.... on the EUR server, the competency level changes according to what time trench you play.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Baardgier #12 Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23931 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View PostGoblinTactics, on 18 May 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

I own the hmh 49.

It's a very overpowered tank, almost immortal hull down from the front in tier 8 and 9 matches.

It's sides and rear have no armor, but the front is around 250, with a weaker lower plate.

It's gun is pretty decent, but get some gold for tier 10.

Just stay hull down and never show your sides and anyone can do very well in this monster.

This tank, in my opinion, is one of the strongest premiums to be introduced.

Completely agree. It's a total monster. You just have to know it's weaknesses. Of which there are very few.

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

Funktastic Ed #13 Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18226 battles

It is a total crap against tier X.

Total crap and i'm gentle.

You just can't pen, and you get pen like Nothing in return.

It is only good when top tier, fortunately it pays well, but that terrible cupola ruins any brawling attempt even at tier VIII.

Sounds like a bad WG joke, like hey we have a good French brawler...but don't do it.

BreezyModsGtA #14 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3225 battles
The frontal hull armor is like my gf in jr.high really thick and flat

P6X330 #15 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostBreezyModsGtA, on 26 August 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

The frontal hull armor is like my gf in jr.high really thick and flat

I got that you made a metaphor, but I am unable to understand if that means good or bad?

Sledge1Swede #16 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50340 battles
  • [CH4OS]

View PostATHFjman18, on 28 April 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Edit:

Nerfbarometer? Really?

There is no argumeants that can justify that one tank have more pen then another the pen could actually be balanced there are other things that can be used as a balance factor just compare the Defender or Chrysler K with the HMH M49 mle and i really hop that you have them and play them cause if not just a waste of ignorant crap.

DoomPanzer #17 Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30312 battles
  • [-USA-]
This tank is just fine, I find it to be op really. I'm not sure off my head but this tank has better aim time and accuracy than most heavies and the 232 pen is some of best in class for a tier 8 heavy. No complaints from me, I three marked this tank with relative ease though, not sure if people have trouble with slow turret n chassis traverse but u never want to be alone and always be pointing at the enemy! 

*3 Marks of Excellence*

Centurion AX, Chieftain, FV215b, T110E4, IS-7, T110E5, Conquerer, E-75, M103, T-34B, 112, Type 59, Motherland, Fatherland, Obj 252u, IS-M, Fcm 50t, T26E4, KV-5, Primo Viktoria, HMH Amx M4 Mle. 49, T95e2, Legion, STA-1, Emil 1, ChieftainT95, IS-2, T29, Tiger 1, Tiger 131, 45TP, The Warlord, T-34-88, Boilermaker

Funktastic Ed #18 Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18226 battles

View PostDoomPanzer, on 26 August 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

This tank is just fine, I find it to be op really. I'm not sure off my head but this tank has better aim time and accuracy than most heavies and the 232 pen is some of best in class for a tier 8 heavy. No complaints from me, I three marked this tank with relative ease though, not sure if people have trouble with slow turret n chassis traverse but u never want to be alone and always be pointing at the enemy! 

You find the M4 49 Overpowered really ?

Man !

Really ?

You just cant pen the heavier tanks at tier X, and even if you succeed at finding weak spots, the alpha is laughable.

Overpowered ?

As i said it is a good , even very good tank at tier VIII, still solid at tier IX if carefull, but at tier X, the tank is a joke, you have to stay far away from action, and at the distance you cant pen most targets, and with the speed it has there's no flanking.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 27 August 2018 - 06:19 PM.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #19 Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 671 battles
I have developed a new tactic for tier ten games (I had three in a row yesterday). Reverse suiscouting. Line the tank up, auto reverse toward the opposition and see how many spots you can get before your merciful release. Return to the garage and play another vehicle until you are ready to start again. I play this game because I normally enjoy it, but the M4 49 at tier ten is is a waste of game time. Tier 9 , I will have a pop at but not the gold spamming tier ten insta-kill nonsense. As far as firing premium back at them goes, I tried that. Just end up just as dead, with less silver.

P6X330 #20 Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:06 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

WG is almost giving away the M4-49... in chests, or currently at a hefty discount.

I think it speaks volume. I will keep mine, because it looks nice. I have had some good games in it, but not as often as bad ones.

However, look at this replay; yes, top Tier is always easier!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users