Jump to content


AMX M4 49


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

eclairdelanuit06 #21 Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26919 battles
  • 668
  • Member since:
    01-22-2016
HE guys you do damages

Youtube

 

 


P6X330 #22 Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

This is what really bugs me with the M4-49;

 

Thank god for the assist and blocked damage. However, none of my 5 aimed shots penetrated any of my Tier X opponents. I was just a big sitting duck...

 

Posted Image20181126 HMH AMX M4 Mle 49


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Funktastic Ed #23 Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18679 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostP6X330, on 26 November 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

This is what really bugs me with the M4-49;

 

Thank god for the assist and blocked damage. However, none of my 5 aimed shots penetrated any of my Tier X opponents. I was just a big sitting duck…

 

You have to camp most of the time with this one.

Two reasons for that:

1/ It seems to have nice armor but in reality it's not slopped enough to bounce the higher calibers, making you more vulnerable than an IS3 or even a T-54.

2/ The cuppola, is ridiculous, it's just conception Failure, having that thing on the roof makes the whole tank armor useless.

     you will try desperatly to move in order to disturb aiming, but it's high tier right ?

     You'll get your cupolla shot everytime, because at tier X they know all the tricks.

 

This leads to the main Failure…

The gun is horrible at a distance, innaccurate, only good penetration  with APCR wich are known to be tricky at long range…  Alleluia !


Edited by Funktastic Ed, 27 November 2018 - 01:40 AM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

P6X330 #24 Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

This was on Sacred Valley, and even if I did not manage a single damage, I served my purpose for the team.

 

We started from the South spawn, and absolutely nobody went East. It is often the case on this map. Everyone favors the West side.

 

So I went scouting in my M4-49, and held the three enemies as much as I could. I was behind a rock, rocking back and forth, and managed to stay alive long enough for the rest of the team to take them from behind. What was mind boggling, is that the bandits did not even bother the hide, they knew I could not pen them, indeed.

 

But we won, and that was my objective.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


fozfactor #25 Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58895 battles
  • 2,395
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

I've had a good experience with the mle.49. With the wonky gun it is definitely not a camping tank though, that would be the Tiger B/King Tiger (which does better at tier 10). I've bounced upwards of 7k damage, but to do that one cannot stay still. Some rocking and wiggling is required. When being fired down upon the cupola is an easy target so being on level ground with one's enemy, or slightly elevated is ideal. The tank has great turret depression, use it. 

 

Because I play it closer to the front, VStabs and GLD are required, along w/rammer. When bottom tier or any tier really one needs to be able to aim in on tough target weakspots asap, but it still needs to hang back as bottom tier. Tier 8's should have a difficult time against 10's otherwise there'd be no point in the tiering system.

 

Tank's not for everyone though and requires discipline to survive in the deep end. I like mine so much though I gave her the special one-time use Twitch camo.

 

 


non nobis solum


P6X330 #26 Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postfozfactor, on 27 November 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

I've had a good experience with the mle.49. With the wonky gun it is definitely not a camping tank though, that would be the Tiger B/King Tiger (which does better at tier 10). I've bounced upwards of 7k damage, but to do that one cannot stay still. Some rocking and wiggling is required. When being fired down upon the cupola is an easy target so being on level ground with one's enemy, or slightly elevated is ideal. The tank has great turret depression, use it. 

 

Because I play it closer to the front, VStabs and GLD are required, along w/rammer. When bottom tier or any tier really one needs to be able to aim in on tough target weakspots asap, but it still needs to hang back as bottom tier. Tier 8's should have a difficult time against 10's otherwise there'd be no point in the tiering system.

 

Tank's not for everyone though and requires discipline to survive in the deep end. I like mine so much though I gave her the special one-time use Twitch camo.

 

 

 

I may have to try GLD instead of Ventilation. I know very well that with the M4-49, it is absolutely useless to try to shoot before fully aimed. This is why I now shoot less, because a non fully aimed shot is a lost one.

And of course, the only tanks that do not hide when they are being targeted are those that knows pretty well that the M4-49 will not pen them.

So the trick is to rock without moving the turret, to avoid resetting the aim.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


fozfactor #27 Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58895 battles
  • 2,395
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostP6X330, on 27 November 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

 

I may have to try GLD instead of Ventilation. I know very well that with the M4-49, it is absolutely useless to try to shoot before fully aimed. This is why I now shoot less, because a non fully aimed shot is a lost one.

And of course, the only tanks that do not hide when they are being targeted are those that knows pretty well that the M4-49 will not pen them.

So the trick is to rock without moving the turret, to avoid resetting the aim.

 

I tried Vents in an attempt to hold on to some view range but I just found then the tank didn't do anything really well, and the miniscule reload increase was not worth it (.2 secs). Keep in mind my crew of Marianne Durieux is already up to 17 skills and has the holy trinity of Sit Aware, Recon and Camo trained so the tank is not at a complete strategic deficit. BIA and Rations increase that further, but I have to play the tank very differently than my King Tiger which has a view range of 479m (my mle.49 has 413m). With my loadout the big baguette needs to head to confined spaces immediately. And yeah snapshotting is usually just a wasted round.

non nobis solum


PorkChop1Xpress #28 Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:29 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20382 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    07-07-2016

I think I wasted my money on this tank :(​ I picked it up while on sale and so far I have played 20 games and I will say I am struggling to find a playstyle that is for me. I have had 5 games in which I am top tier, 7 mid and 8 as bottom tier all this with a 35% win rate. I am average player but I am so ready to RAGE sell this tank.:angry:​ Can someone provide me some advice should I run at least 50 games before dumping it.

 

Thanks in advance 



P6X330 #29 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostPorkChop1Xpress, on 06 December 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I think I wasted my money on this tank :(​ I picked it up while on sale and so far I have played 20 games and I will say I am struggling to find a playstyle that is for me. I have had 5 games in which I am top tier, 7 mid and 8 as bottom tier all this with a 35% win rate. I am average player but I am so ready to RAGE sell this tank.:angry:​ Can someone provide me some advice should I run at least 50 games before dumping it.

 

Thanks in advance 

 

It is going to come, you need to be patient.

You have to find spots where you can be hull down, as much as possible. If you move, it makes your weak point more difficult to get (the cupola). Once you get it going, then you will start warming up to it.

One of the big perk of playing such a tank, is that you learn a lot that you can apply with better tanks.


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


grompf-99 #30 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4231 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    12-19-2016

its like the french Tiger II

i finaly mastered it after about 10-20 games played in a low tier match

 


deutsche community: http://www.konsolenpanzer.de

banner.png?0.6029455350574694?0.80404784

 

join me on youtube, subscribe or gimme some likes :-)

 


P6X330 #31 Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postgrompf-99, on 10 December 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

its like the french Tiger II

i finaly mastered it after about 10-20 games played in a low tier match

 

Schöne!

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


P6X330 #32 Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:01 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

Here are two battles with the HMH M4 Mle 49;

 

The Clone Guy is in the tank, and he gets lucky in the MM draw, but again, he knows what he is doing, and really show cases what that tank can do.

 


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Funktastic Ed #33 Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:55 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18679 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View PostP6X330, on 10 December 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Here are two battles with the HMH M4 Mle 49;

 

The Clone Guy is in the tank, and he gets lucky in the MM draw, but again, he knows what he is doing, and really show cases what that tank can do.

 

 

He faces Muppets.

And he clearly dont know the tank quite well.

In my experience exposing your turret right side (cuppola) like he does at the beginning facing that Pershing, is punished in a second, i'm not even joking, if i was in the same position i'm pretty sure the Pershing would have targetted my cuppola or my lower plate or at least detrack me before my aiming was done, Pershing aims faster than the M4 49.

Then he have a free Bulldog crossing his sight, tier II early noobish playstyle… what was he thinking?

Also The T-32 up the hill on the left corner is way too shy, the usual behavior would be for the guy to wait for you to shoot and snapshot your lowerplate, or cuppola, and the if the Pershing had detracked the 49 this could have been really bad.

That T32 clearly doesn't know what to do.

Then he light up the Scorpion G, wich is also pretty Lucky, noot to mention the guy being beasy aiming other guys, while clearly the 49 is the main threat.

Sorry but, the bunch of players encountered so far are pretty weak.

T28 and M6 clearly have no clue either how to damage the 49... you see their shots coming at the upperplate/neck of it, if he faced good players he would have been punished hard for being out of cover.

Really,i dont even count how many times i gor wrecked in seconds in the same kind of scenario, all shots right on my weak spots, look carefully he go straigt to them, no parasite moves to disturb their aiming, you do that on my Xbox...you go rto garage.

Then its ruckus caused by the light teammates, nobody seems to care the 49's presence anymore, he got free obj 416 to shoot at.

And this is it.

We all had some games like that where clearly the opponents are weak, i mean Don't tell me he faced serious game level here.

 

Second part

 

Shoots on the move giving full side, luckily the light didn't even try, over luckily he succeed full speed lock shot.

Then clueless M103 shoots the hull.

Followed by suicidal Lycan, i wish i see more of these stupid players, clueless M103 back again, not even angled facing three ennemies...brilliant.

Then we have three guys that have same situational awarness as an oister, Fatherland for free, KV5 didn't even notice his dead bro giving open [edited]… WTP kind of react, but against far away threat because…. i dont know, neither do him.

Then he push , and get detected by the ennemy packand...OMG he detect artillary sideways…

Alright i had enough, this video is fun, but irrelevant reagarding the tank true qualities.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Funktastic Ed, 11 December 2018 - 02:03 AM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

P6X330 #34 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:02 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

@Fantastic Ed; he may have gotten lucky on these two battles, however, if you look at his pedigree, he seems to be somebody who knows his way around WoT.

 

But then again...


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


Funktastic Ed #35 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:10 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18679 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

To me it looks like Week end US servers.

Europeans and Russians are quite carefull and patient people, it's different.


Edited by Funktastic Ed, 11 December 2018 - 02:52 AM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

P6X330 #36 Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 10 December 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

To me it looks like Week end US servers.

Europeans and Russians are quite carefull and patient people, it's different.

 

You may be correct, however as an assiduous EUR server player, I am no stranger to Russian gas. As with every other player, there is no blanket statement that sticks. I have seen them acting silly like the rest of us....
 


                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


swindle 321 #37 Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37434 battles
  • 4,692
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
I think this tank looks pretty op to be honest, ofcourse it's not going to stack up well against tier 10's, it's not supposed to, but it looks to stack up very well against the tier 8 heavies. I haven't bought it yet, gonna probably pick it up tonight or tomorrow. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it is.

 

YouTube

    


P6X330 #38 Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 15699 battles
  • 3,957
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View Postswindle 321, on 11 December 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

I think this tank looks pretty op to be honest, ofcourse it's not going to stack up well against tier 10's, it's not supposed to, but it looks to stack up very well against the tier 8 heavies. I haven't bought it yet, gonna probably pick it up tonight or tomorrow. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it is.

 

I did not know it was available for purchase, being one of them Heroes.... however, the Audace basic package should be up for sale now, and this is where I am heading for....

                Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

 


swindle 321 #39 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37434 battles
  • 4,692
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostP6X330, on 11 December 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

 

I did not know it was available for purchase, being one of them Heroes.... however, the Audace basic package should be up for sale now, and this is where I am heading for....

 

it was available in the premium tech tree as a trade tank yesterday though that could have changed today when the store updated. I hope it’s still up on sale lol.

 

YouTube

    


Funktastic Ed #40 Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18679 battles
  • 686
  • Member since:
    11-21-2014

View Postswindle 321, on 11 December 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

it was available in the premium tech tree as a trade tank yesterday though that could have changed today when the store updated. I hope it’s still up on sale lol.

 

Nope
"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users