Is the Maus line worth it?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

INSANE UN1CORN #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1038 battles

Hey guys novice player here.

So i'm thinking about going down the Maus line, are the tanks in this line viable? I'm mostly asking about the tiers 8-10. I hear good things about the tier 8 but very mixed responses about the other two. Thanks in advance! :)

Hypocrite #2 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26603 battles
  • [BUNNY]

The Maus line can be fun to play, but only after you're decent at two things:

• Angling your armor effectively: without this skill you're going to have a bad time, everytime.
  • Reading the mini-map: you will be far more effective if you see where the fighting is and put yourself in a position to support your team-mates, assist a push, or control a zone. You cannot be everywhere at once, so you have to hone your instincts for where you should be.

The Superheavies, used to their fullest potential, are support vehicles that can use their size, armor and HP to keep other players' guns in the game. They can be the tip of the spear that breaks through an enemy position. The tanks aren't fast and aren't DPM machines - but if you get a sense of accomplishment from holding off multiple tanks that don't want to be the first guy around the corner then you'll have a good time. 

"My advisers advise me that killing the advisers is not advised." - the warforge mayor tired of bureaucracy

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

Guderian9139 #3 Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12831 battles
  • [-OFF-]

Tiger (P)    My favorite VII Heavy   

45.02 A is ehh   ...I didn't mind it

45.02 B some like the trollish armor but personally I hated it.

Maus is not bad. 

I kept mine and tossed the E 100 though many "experts" will tell you otherwise

Hypocrite #4 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26603 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostGuderian9139, on 15 May 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Maus is not bad. 

The 2A & 2B are no longer part of the Maus line - it now progresses from the VK 100.01(P) to the Mauschen to the Maus.

"My advisers advise me that killing the advisers is not advised." - the warforge mayor tired of bureaucracy

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

INSANE UN1CORN #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1038 battles
Thank you both for the input! I've decided to go for it and i'm currently on the way to the Tiger (P), hope that goes well lol

XGR369er #6 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33827 battles

View PostGuderian9139, on 15 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Maus is not bad. 

View PostINSANE UN1CORN, on 16 May 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Thank you both for the input! I've decided to go for it and i'm currently on the way to the Tiger (P), hope that goes well lol

I thought the tiger p was ok.  I still like the tiger 1 better.  Fits more my play style.  Remember though the tiger p isn't a box and most people forget to cover the corners of the tank when they angle. this leaves a flat spot for people to punch threw.  killed a tiger p in that side today with an ap round from my o-ni.  825 damage and dead.  Thought he was covered behind  this building but left that open.

x1981 Bengals #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14973 battles
  • [FRAT]

View PostGuderian9139, on 15 May 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Maus is not bad. 

Thr Porsche Tiger is inferior to the Henshel Tiger.

The 45A is garbage. The 45B is okay at best. This isn't really relevant as they are not part of the Maus line anymore.

To each their own, but the E100 is a superior vehicle to the Maus. OP would be much better off going down the E100 line, as every tank is excellent.

View PostHypocrite, on 15 May 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

The Maus line can be fun to play, but only after you're decent at two things:

• Angling your armor effectively: without this skill you're going to have a bad time, everytime.
  • Reading the mini-map: you will be far more effective if you see where the fighting is and put yourself in a position to support your team-mates, assist a push, or control a zone. You cannot be everywhere at once, so you have to hone your instincts for where you should be.

The Superheavies, used to their fullest potential, are support vehicles that can use their size, armor and HP to keep other players' guns in the game. They can be the tip of the spear that breaks through an enemy position. The tanks aren't fast and aren't DPM machines - but if you get a sense of accomplishment from holding off multiple tanks that don't want to be the first guy around the corner then you'll have a good time. 

You're not wrong, but angling armor and reading the mini map are vital in nearly any vehicle; it isn't exclusive to super heavies. If they are the "spear that breaks through" then they aren't really support vehicles.

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4

Orbtastic1 #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [UK]
It's the one line I semi-regret doing but it helped me understand their weaknesses first hand. The 45A I quite liked, perversely.

BootlessPick #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10517 battles
  • [WOTH]

View PostINSANE UN1CORN, on 15 May 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hey guys novice player here.

So i'm thinking about going down the Maus line, are the tanks in this line viable? I'm mostly asking about the tiers 8-10. I hear good things about the tier 8 but very mixed responses about the other two. Thanks in advance! :)

well I have heard much about the tier 8 and 9 but the teir 10 has the best armor in the game and it’s so good that if you angle it slightly (a smaller angle than most tanks need) you can basically become impenetrable but your speed is terrible but it will be like that from tier 8 and up

Cheetah1728 #10 Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34003 battles
Yes, especially after the buffs/changes.

The tier 8 is basically broken/overpowered when used correctly or top tier. The tier 9 not so much, but it can teach you valuable skills and give a taste of how it used to be while throwing in extra weakspots. Eventually I'll get around to giving those 2 a proper shake down, but they weren't an option at the time.

One of the key things is to always angle during movement and when not aiming your shot. You'll eventually get the hang of tracking who fired and who hasn't, eventually you'll may even keep tabs on incoming fire from invisible threats. One thing to also note is you can seriously abuse the angles on the tier 10. I still see it more than I should and it makes me sigh, because you can push near 45 degrees and seriously improve the armor, so long as you keep tabs on angles against others as well. Instead people stare lifelessly at you, giving free cheek shots.

Positioning, angles, and shot prioritization are essential. Don't get too bothered when premium rounds or arty smother you, it's normal. Also don't assume you're invulnerable, it's tough, but will still break under enough pressure if you just drive carelessly about.

But yeah, it's still one of my favorite 10's. Can't fully comment on the actual grind for reasons. Pre-buffs it was barely worth bothering with it, now it's very much worth it if you don't mind being slow and inflexible.

- Special mention because I forgot and it'll take a while to work through. The tiger P... not the worst thing to suffer through, but it's not great. It's also one I need to go back and give a thrashing, but it's mobility, dpm, and armor leave something to be desired. Great if top tier though as not many 5-6 have 200+ pen to defeat the frontal plates.

Edited by Cheetah1728, 21 May 2018 - 08:26 AM.

Faolan 01 #11 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13256 battles
  • [K-9]

Im going to say no. And while I havent played alot of battles in the maus, those I did play. Sucked! Granted I played before the line got the tier 8 and 9. But it still suffers from the same issues even now.

For startes, Its slow, and a magnet for arty.

2nd, you're team will be dead before you can even get there.

3erd. Even angleing you're armor perfectly, Will still get you pend.

You have to hide that lower plate, As even if its angled tier 10's will pen. And sadly most will wait till you go to shoot at them, And just shoot you right through the turret cheaks. I literally parked he Vk45.02b infront of a enemy mouse and he bouced every shell, Meanwhile I kept putting shells straight through the front of his turret. Granted this is when the VK's lwer plate was 300mm or more.

Personally I say grind the PKW IIV. Its faster, better armored. and is just more fun and less frustrating to play.

AKalashnikovT #12 Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11094 battles
  • [ASH]
I would honestly get to 8 and then expend no real effort to get to X. Maus is severely handicapped now, I sold mine, and kept the vk100. My opinion.

BreezyModsGtA #13 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3026 battles
If you have the time and a Hitler sized erection for mice; well worth it

Sir Sobek #14 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6557 battles
The answer is yes. *Unbiased*

Wot needs a hero

Playertd #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18612 battles
Yes go for it, really helps my high tier tanks moe grinds.

4HPMvmm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users