add a fire riddon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

RogueMerc69 #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10858 battles
  • [RDDT]
Seriously, how is this not a thing yet? You claim us players don't want a damage counter because "we don't actually want them" despite us asking for it, yet you can't even add a fire ribbon that I have seen posts on for years? Improve the UI, stop telling me I don't want something, and add options!

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11605 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostRogueMerc69, on 16 May 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Seriously, how is this not a thing yet? You claim us players don't want a damage counter because "we don't actually want them" despite us asking for it, yet you can't even add a fire ribbon that I have seen posts on for years? Improve the UI, stop telling me I don't want something, and add options!

Hello, not quite sure what a Fire ribbon is? We do have medals for setting people on fire if that is what you are looking for. 

For the damage counter, that is something we are looking to add at some point. :great:

donny007-THX #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 7392 battles
  • [NLD01]
Arsonist is awarded like ribbons.

chocolateholic1 #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10439 battles
  • [ONUR6]
what I believe he is asking for is when you set a tank on fire, instead of it just adding damage ribbons every second why not add a fire ribbon that keeps adding points. what happens is you are getting close to the end of the game look over and see 19 damage ribbons and are like damn I did good this game(because you forgot you set someone on fire). so you get confused when you only did 2k in that battle. just add a damage counter.

DUD3 L3B0W5KI #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20439 battles
  • [BRAT]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hello, not quite sure what a Fire ribbon is? We do have medals for setting people on fire if that is what you are looking for. 

For the damage counter, that is something we are looking to add at some point. :great:

If you set someone on fire, you get shown it also as "damage". Which means that you can have 10 damage ribbons but 8 of them were done by fire. Which means that the possible damage we did and we count with, is much smaller as it is. So a specific fire ribbons would keep clear the difference between real damage with the gun and fire damage.

Also any real values would be great. I just don`t get why we can’t see done damage and spotting and Co like on PC. Clear, nice, smooths values. Why do we need stupid ribbons instead, like we were kids who are not able to read?

You can find our German community hereFreies WoT Forum thanks to WarGaming anti-EU attitude and disgusting deleting of non-English speaking communities

EU COMMUNITIES - NEVER FORGET WHAT Wargaming DID TO US

WG BLACK FRIDAY DEAL - THE...DAMAGE...IS...DONE

Jope2209 #6 Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20612 battles

I think dmg counter is the great idea. When I watch PC videos I'm amazed by the quantity of data they have on screen, like last known position, total dmg done, pen shots by dmg value, received dmg, team list with tank name and tier, just to name a few useful ones.

And before anyone says that screen would be covered with numbers and data, devs could make it optional, so player can choose how much detail he wants to have on screen.

Edited by Jope2209, 16 May 2018 - 02:36 PM.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

Roger Stryker #7 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3305 battles

Would be nice...

Separate damage ribbon/counter for damage caused by fire, general damage counter, more HUD/UI options, the works.

MASHMAN 90 #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25191 battles
Agree, i had 14 Yellow Ribbons, i thought, i've done Swedish Challenge forgetting i did some fire on a 430 II, and turned out to be my 2nd 4k game of the day -_-

Youtube

Twitter

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users