The unsuspected fringe benefits of platooning on WoT: plan your next vacation oversees...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 9964 battles
  • [AMXS]

So yesterday morning, I was doing my daily exercise on the European server, and I bumped into a French chap during a battle on El Halluf; while the battle was silent, we discovered we were both on vox and decided to befriend one another and leisurely continue our successful tandem.

After setting off a party chat, we hit it off...

We exchanged information, and guess what:

-he invited me for summer in his town, Saint-Malo Brittany, France. The epitome of what WoT could mean in terms of socializing. Simply better than all these sharing sites or travel agencies.

Don't think for a moment that this is not serious. True to them, French are always friendly despite that reputation they have. I like this new opportunity to play and organize my vacations at the same time!

Looking forward for invitations from all over the WoT....

Posted Imagesaint-malo France

EL33T B33T #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34548 battles
Thats cool. I use to travel quite a bit playing Quake 2 back in the day. Met a ton of cool people/players in person. Miss those days. But have a family now. And that's even better.

X1thebeast29X #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14153 battles
  • [AVRG]

is he a Nigerian prince too?

Spoiler

WN8~2650            There seems to be no signs of intelligent life sir!

Block Quote

"Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]"

"I will defend the opportunity for average and poor and new players to punk the elitist purples who think things like "maybe they're purple because they have a better understanding of the game"

P6X330 #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 9964 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostX1thebeast29X, on 16 May 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

is he a Nigerian prince too?

Spoiler

I worked seven years in Nigeria; Port-Harcourt, Warri, Lagos.... I had a lot of fun there, long time before WoT came out though.... would not mind going back... I miss my Egusi soup...

ABAOUIA #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36721 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Yep the french are really friendly, i love the country and i go there every summer for my vacation and ive had some crazy encounters and met some awsome people...

I had a trip to friends of mine who live in the North of france, i used to take fridays off and leave Holland at like 08:00 so i would be there at 12:00 - 13:00, they would leave the house unlocked so i could drop my stuff and then i would go shopping and meet up with the ones who where free from work or would be out from school and we would end up in the local pub and be drunk at 18:00 lol

But when i was at Lille my car broke down, but the ones that could help me where still at work so i was stuck at the highway at a really shjit part, then a french guy stopped, i explained my problem and he told me to come with him, so we could fix my car...

So we did his brother was a mechanic, we fixed the car but they refused payment, still gave them a 50,- and said i insisted...So i left to my friends at a descent time...

Later that night i got a call, it was the mechanic, asking when i would go back home ? The thing is that they demanded me to visit them on my way back, so i did, they had organized a big bbq for there friends and i was welcome cause of the nice contact we had before...

I was stunned and had a great weekend and made new friends, by accident !

I will never forget, the street connecting their street is named "Rue des Cannabis" lol in Lille...

Great nation, great country, beautifull culture etc
But i have to say i speak very good french, but if you ask them to speak English, you will mostly not get the same treatment as compared to the fact that you speak french ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users