Jump to content


World of Tanks Console - Soviet Dream Machines Feedback!

soviet dream machines Op

  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

YCS-186 #41 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19345 battles
  • 2,947
  • [HJCAD]
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016
I earned the KV-220-2 and T-29 via the op, that's gonna be all for me. Thanks, WG!
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

NewOhmen #42 Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24377 battles
  • 1,152
  • Member since:
    01-21-2017

View PostRaiBOT01, on 18 May 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

BUMP!

 

We are down to the final 10 days!  Please share your feedback! 

 

When you have the motherland and earn 1000points, you don t get the same prize as people without motherland! This is not fair!

 

when you have the motherland you only get the silver and the booster+ Premium Time but no garage slot! If you don t have the motherland you get the motherland 1 garage slot and the booster +Premium Time.

 

So the prize for 1000points is not the same!

 

But thx WG for 2x  silver for the motherland and the T-50-2 :great: next step is another motherland (only 500points to go)


Edited by NewOhmen, 20 May 2018 - 12:27 PM.

 

 


Larimus #43 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 43869 battles
  • 315
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
I picked up the T-29 for 225, the KV 220 - 2 for 500, and the 7 days premium/ crew XP for 350.  I mostly played my Chinese light tanks 6-10.  Big fun and lovely OP.  On another tangent, my brother the PC player loves his T-29.  I asked him how he deals with tier 5 - he says with PC matchmaking he never sees tier 5!  While I would be upset if my Stuart or Locust never saw tier 5, this tanks should NEVER see tier 5!

A fur-trapper (who was strictly from commercial), had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo (peekaboo). And he started into whippin' on my favorite baby seal with a lead-filled snowshoe.....Seal Clubbing with Frank Zappa and my Pz.Kpfw.38H :great:


 

 


SightlessRogue0 #44 Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12674 battles
  • 1,726
  • Member since:
    05-16-2017

I finished the OP with a Motherland (my first target) and a KV220 (bonus!).

It's the kind of PO I like a lot. I say finished because I am exhausted to pick up the points and I wanted to have fun with the Moterland, but in recent days my new tank picks up the points too.


I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.


Red Dough Boy #45 Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 24192 battles
  • 4,468
  • [APG]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

I like this style of op a lot, plenty of time and things for everyone.
I have a number of Soviet premiums already so I can take it easy and just go for some xp boosts meanwhile someone with no Soviet premiums can put in the effort and get five, if they have the time and willpower.

 

The only thing I would like to see added is mixing this style of op with the xp ops, to better balance grinding with efficiency of winning and gaining points. Perhaps adding a conditional thing to the points for every 10,000 xp to be worth 10 points or so. Damage would be nice as a bonus way to get points too, though could open up to people spamming premium and only playing tier 10s. I also wish I had the time I have now that I had last year with the British and French op, but that's beside the point. :D


If I only had a Baneblade....

 

 

 


ALF EXTREME #46 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 43310 battles
  • 531
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
great xp based ops where you get to choose your prize are awesome. I already had the bogytar and motherland and don't have as much fun in lights so I set my sights on the isu-122 havent checked my points but less than 66 to go with a week left so i will easily have it done.and by going for 1 prize at a lower amount I haven't had to grind points just simply print points and silver with the gorynich and bogytar.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom


Ki11er Ke11y #47 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7631 battles
  • 84
  • [FATED]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
I like the op that is running as it has various rewards and gives you plenty of time to achive your desired points total, i missed out on motherland first time round as my xbox broke so was happy to see it available to win again this month,unfortunately a week into the event work got really busy and i had to stop trying for the motherland as i no longer had time to earn the points needed but would like to see more of this type of op in future especially for british tanks

Obi Geek #48 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 14947 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
Any one else having trouble connecting? Keeps telling me I need to insert the disk to play??? This is Xbox live and my account is good cause I can play other games I’ve downloaded.

RCAFRaven #49 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5179 battles
  • 272
  • [TVTC]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2017

View PostObi Geek, on 26 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

Any one else having trouble connecting? Keeps telling me I need to insert the disk to play??? This is Xbox live and my account is good cause I can play other games I’ve downloaded.

 

Yes, same here. It looks like the NA server is down, and has been for quite a while (hours?).

What I don't understand is why WOT won't start and let us pick a different server... I guess it has to communicate first with the last server you were on or something...



HaydnSym45 #50 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:05 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24952 battles
  • 380
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015
Just some final thoughts:
1) I earned all the tanks except the 220.
2) involved lots of seal clubbing of course - T127, T14, Bogy mostly just to keep the battles going fast.
3) clearly I’m guilty as charged, but there was massive seal clubbing going on. The Sextons and V/IV platoons we’re super oppressive in comparison to last year’s dream machines. It got so bad I finally gave in and bought a 5/4 to fight back.
4) maybe next year it would be a fun twist to do not just points but points by vehicle type (x pts in a TD, arty, etc., or limited to specific countries). It would force some variety and maybe curtail the clubbing a bit. Another option would be points based on specific mastery badges or medals etc. as previous ops.
5) loved the op, was a fun grind with many highlights. But it would be more fun to stop the seal clubbing (of which I admittedly was part of the prproblem - even without owning a Sexton).

chevy235_1951 #51 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8679 battles
  • 367
  • [WIEN]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016
Good OP. Thank you WG :)

VKSheridan #52 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21121 battles
  • 3,244
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

It was a good Op.

 

I think to improve, the reward tank should be of the same class as the tank(s) used to acquire the reward points, up to Tier VIII.  That means a player getting the bulk of their points in a Sexton gets another Tier III, not a Tier VIII.

 

It makes little sense for players running Tier VIII tanks fighting Tier X tanks get to earn a lesser tank while those running lower tier tanks get awarded a Tier VIII tank.  The current method all but begs seasoned players to drop to Tier III.  I left my Tier III tanks parked but reading seal clubbers getting rewarded with every possible award, I probably won’t do that next time......



IG Lord RagTag #53 Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:30 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 83707 battles
  • 140
  • [PIMPN]
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014

View PostVKSheridan, on 28 May 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

It was a good Op.

 

I think to improve, the reward tank should be of the same class as the tank(s) used to acquire the reward points, up to Tier VIII.  That means a player getting the bulk of their points in a Sexton gets another Tier III, not a Tier VIII.

 

It makes little sense for players running Tier VIII tanks fighting Tier X tanks get to earn a lesser tank while those running lower tier tanks get awarded a Tier VIII tank.  The current method all but begs seasoned players to drop to Tier III.  I left my Tier III tanks parked but reading seal clubbers getting rewarded with every possible award, I probably won’t do that next time......

 

I don't agree. The op is designed to reward players for doing good and putting in the effort.

 

It allows lower tier players the opportunity to earn a tier VIII premium that they would otherwise have to pay for. That's good.

 

As we are not restricted on how we choose to earn those rewards, restricting what you earn to the tier you play at has the effect of the rich get richer and keep everyone else down. There is nothing preventing you from going to the lower tiers to farm points other than your sense of game play. That's a personal choice.

 

If you're good enough it would not matter what tier you played as you would get your points anyways. With an op like this where you need to earn a large amount of points players will gravitate to the lower tiers as games are generally quicker so you have more opportunities to earn points.

 

Personally I played all tiers, just played my SU garage day in day out for the duration. Glad it's done and I can now get back to playing my full garage.



VKSheridan #54 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21121 battles
  • 3,244
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostIG Lord RagTag, on 29 May 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

 

I don't agree. The op is designed to reward players for doing good and putting in the effort.

 

It allows lower tier players the opportunity to earn a tier VIII premium that they would otherwise have to pay for. That's good.

 

As we are not restricted on how we choose to earn those rewards, restricting what you earn to the tier you play at has the effect of the rich get richer and keep everyone else down. There is nothing preventing you from going to the lower tiers to farm points other than your sense of game play. That's a personal choice.

 

If you're good enough it would not matter what tier you played as you would get your points anyways. With an op like this where you need to earn a large amount of points players will gravitate to the lower tiers as games are generally quicker so you have more opportunities to earn points.

 

Personally I played all tiers, just played my SU garage day in day out for the duration. Glad it's done and I can now get back to playing my full garage.

 

I think you can agree, we have a lot of Tier III folks cruising Tier VIII tanks and although I don’t mind the easy targets, it could sour their opinion.

 

I also believe it does matter what tier you play and you touched on it lightly.  I can bang out top XP in the lower tiers before the heavies even get to engage in the upper tiers.  Lower tier “run and gun” matches are over in minutes, upper tiers usually take quite a bit longer, especially if you like to live.  I just think encouraging folks (and rewarding) with tens of thousands of games under their belt to play Tier III won’t contribute to new player retention, that’s all.  If a Tier III player can’t earn points and compete at Tier VIII to earn a Tier VIII, should he really get another Tier VIII to be uncompetitive in?



Xenith_Inc #55 Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 5616 battles
  • 2,622
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017
Decent op. Multiple prizes are great. The 1000 for the mland was about right.

Would be interested to see an XP stage gated earn op with multiple tanks as prizes. Being able to stop and cash in at any point would keep me playing. With the VK/kr op I new I couldn't do it so haven't tried.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel






Also tagged with soviet, dream, machines, Op

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users