XP Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Albapfalzd3 #1 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11708 battles

In the picture below, is the 5116 XP points the total amount of XP gained in this battle? What I want to know is since this is a premium tank, that displayed total includes the Accelerated Crew Bonus that accompanies Premium and Elite tanks right? If so, that total amount is not applied to the tanks XP pool but only part of it as part of that total is Crew XP only, but the whole amount is applied to the Crew's XP pool correct? Thanks. 

Posted Image

Roy

PATRIOTICxTBro #2 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11699 battles
  • [-HOW-]
Tank xp and crew xp are the same unless there is a modifier for crew xp. So to answer your question the 5k went to both your tank and crew 

Ask me how to join -HOW- 2nd armored Hell on Wheels

Sovietdeath #3 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14685 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 16 May 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

In the picture below, is the 5116 XP points the total amount of XP gained in this battle? What I want to know is since this is a premium tank, that displayed total includes the Accelerated Crew Bonus that accompanies Premium and Elite tanks right? If so, that total amount is not applied to the tanks XP pool but only part of it as part of that total is Crew XP only, but the whole amount is applied to the Crew's XP pool correct? Thanks. 

Posted Image

Roy

The 5116 is the Amount of XP the Tank Earned in battle. This total goes to the Tanks XP pool.

This doesn't include extra "Crew XP" bonuses.

Crew XP Earned is a lil more complicated but all of those bonuses are added to the total XP Earned after the fact. So you will earn more Crew XP than what is displayed.

MaxChaos24 has a Calculator here to help Break things down

https://1drv.ms/x/s!...SiiDpUQKl_DgcM1

Albapfalzd3 #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11708 battles

O.K. Let me ask this then. All the XP shown can be used as Crew XP then correct? I understand that there may actually be more Crew XP that is not shown but what is shown can be used to estimate Crew XP progression. What I am looking for is a quick way to estimate Crew over training. If I take the XP total shown after each match and wait until I get to lets say 24,500 for that particular crew than I should be confident that my crew is at LEAST 25% over trained (actually they should be well over 25% because I use a lot of Premium tanks and their home tank is usually Elite by then). Right now I am just guesstimating and I wish to have a more accurate estimation. 

Now my next question, where does the Premium Vehicle Bonus numbers come from. In my particular battle from above I got the following numbers:

XP Earned: 1421

Premium XP Multiplier: x1.5

Daily XP Bonus: x2

Premium Vehicle Bonus: 853

Operations Awards: 0

XP Awards: 0

Total XP: 5117

Now I for the life of me using the Captured KV-1's Premium XP bonus of 45%, I cannot come up with 853 as 1421 x .45 = 639. Even if I use the XP Bonus plus the Accelerated Crew Training Bonus I come up with 1154 which is way too much so what gives? Where is that 853 coming from?

Roy 

Edited by Albapfalzd3, 17 May 2018 - 12:23 PM.

Sovietdeath #5 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:28 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14685 battles
Nm Max got it covered

MaxChaos24 #6 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11605 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 17 May 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

O.K. Let me ask this then. All the XP shown can be used as Crew XP then correct?

• Correct. All Tank XP = Crew XP

I understand that there may actually be more Crew XP that is not shown but what is shown can be used to estimate Crew XP progression. What I am looking for is a quick way to estimate Crew over training. If I take the XP total shown after each match and wait until I get to lets say 24,500 for that particular crew than I should be confident that my crew is at LEAST 25% over trained (actually they should be well over 25% because I use a lot of Premium tanks and their home tank is usually Elite by then). Right now I am just guesstimating and I wish to have a more accurate estimation. 

• Correct. Additional Crew modifiers such as Acc Crew Training, Mentor, Crew XP Bonus, etc will give your crew more Crew XP than what's display for Tank XP. 

Now my next question, where does the Premium Vehicle Bonus numbers come from. In my particular battle from above I got the following numbers:

• Premium Vehicle bonus from your Base*Premium Account value. In this case:
    • Base: 1421 * 1.5 = 2132
    • Take the results above and multiply by your tanks Premium Vehicle XP bonus: 2132*0.4 = 853

XP Earned: 1421

Premium XP Multiplier: x1.5

Daily XP Bonus: x2

Premium Vehicle Bonus: 853

Operations Awards: 0

XP Awards: 0

Total XP: 5117

Now I for the life of me using the Captured KV-1's Premium XP bonus of 45%, I cannot come up with 853 as 1421 x .45 = 639. Even if I use the XP Bonus plus the Accelerated Crew Training Bonus I come up with 1154 which is way too much so what gives? Where is that 853 coming from?

• That would be due to the Capture KV-1's Premium Vehicle bonus being 40%, not 45%. The 45% displayed on the Tankopedia is the Total XP bonus is receives which is two separate bonuses. 
    • 40% is Premium Vehicle Bonus - This is calculated later in the equation separately. 
    • 5% is Base XP Bonus - This is calculated when determining your Base XP value.
    • Total of a 45% XP bonus.

Roy 

The easy thing is to just use the Calculator I've made. It does all the math and shows everything you're getting XP + Crew. 

Albapfalzd3 #7 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11708 battles

Thanks Max that clears up a lot but now there is something added that screws up my being able to calculate this on my own but which could be answered by you or some one else and that is the Base XP Bonus you mentioned. Is it 5% for all premium Vehicles? So if the Churchill III has a 78% Bonus XP Multiplier is 5% of that used in the Base XP Value? If so I would use 73% when determining Premium Vehicle Bonus in this case. If it is the same for all premium vehicle that makes it easy to make the calculations and use your calculator but if it is different for each premium vehicle that screws things up as your Premium Tank Bonus entry will need the correct percentage. Things are clearing up though. Thanks.

Roy

Pontiac Pat #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 19446 battles
  • [47R]

Only the tanks whose xp bonus is X5% have that 5% base bonus.  ie - if it says 35%, then it is 30+5.  If it says 30%, then it is just 30%.  The Churchill III is the exception to the rule.  Max can confirm it's split, but I think it's 48+30base(or something close to that).

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Albapfalzd3 #9 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11708 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 May 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

The easy thing is to just use the Calculator I've made. It does all the math and shows everything you're getting XP + Crew. 

Thanks very much. It makes things so much easier. Very easy to use.

Roy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users