RESKIN

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Purple Rabbit92 #1 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20242 battles
  • [LGBT]
I was looking at the store and I've noticed the amount of reskin tanks that have coming to wot on console is getting ridiculous, since they could have used the time and talent they have on actual tech tree tanks, make them look ruined down, or shown they are in a warzone you get what I mean, for me wot console is just becoming world of premium tanks, since wot console is a good game with massive potential and Its my most played game, but if I keep seeing reskin tanks in alarming rate then it's very off putting. Sorry for the long rant just don't like seeing a game I enjoy going downhill very fast 

DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25739 battles
  • [-UNL-]
Thats what a majority of players seem to be saying

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w

DerailedWingnut #3 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20746 battles
  • [WLPK]

Welcome to the club! Join us in calling out how terrible these things are for the game.

Oh, and there's 90 reskins in game currently, if you wanted a number. We've been keeping track of them over on The Bunker.

Check Out The Bunker, Our Mods Aren't Fascists: HTTPS://TheBunker.FreeForums.Net

Mastery 99% Mastery 95 % Mastery 80% Mastery 50% All Nation Tanks Elite Italics = Grinding * = Mark Of Excellence

greyweasel UK #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17184 battles
I see that PC are actually doing what I want the most in regard to reskins, selling a 40k Mordian remodel/skin for the existing BDR G1 for a tenner.

The KV-2 ( R) could be within the egregious bracket of a reskin here, but all bets are off considering that mod is damn fine!

xxBattleroyAL #5 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14423 battles

View PostPurple Rabbit92, on 17 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

I was looking at the store and I've noticed the amount of reskin tanks that have coming to wot on console is getting ridiculous, since they could have used the time and talent they have on actual tech tree tanks, make them look ruined down, or shown they are in a warzone you get what I mean, for me wot console is just becoming world of premium tanks, since wot console is a good game with massive potential and Its my most played game, but if I keep seeing reskin tanks in alarming rate then it's very off putting. Sorry for the long rant just don't like seeing a game I enjoy going downhill very fast 

You are not alone, many people feel the same way.  

Be careful ... there's an increase in warnings, bans, and deleted posts for people saying anything remotely negative.

Purple Rabbit92 #6 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20242 battles
  • [LGBT]
If thats true then that's bit silly, since you have players who have passion for a game and want the best from it 

RAD FROOD 25 #7 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17033 battles
  • [PF201]
I hate reskins, I absolutely loathe them, but if people want to spend money on them then so be it. What I really want is a option to turn them off if you only want to see them without the clown covers on them.

kpz1234 #8 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20605 battles
  • [VGC]
I am waiting for sponsored re-skins.  "Get yourself the official Coca-Cola T32 or the Doritos Locos M53/55 for $39.99 each and earn up to an extra 10 points in the US Dream Machines OP!"  (Customers who don't pony up for the sponsored re-skins, will unfortunately lose a point on any match during the op).

Edited by kpz1234, 18 May 2018 - 04:18 PM.

<a href='http://i.imgur.com/m6AXpmJ.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/m6AXpmJ.jpg</a>

Addicted2Pron #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:58 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20839 battles
  • [BHAWX]

View Postkpz1234, on 18 May 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

I am waiting for sponsored re-skins.  "Get yourself the official Coca-Cola T32 or the Doritos Locos M53/55 for $39.99 each and earn up to an extra 10 points in the US Dream Machines OP!"  (Customers who don't pony up for the sponsored re-skins, will unfortunately lose a point on any match during the op).

Lol they should totally do that. Dont forgot about the Nascar inspired light tank skins either. Players who dont win all three stages of the race dont qualify for the op.

Steel Wolf 31 #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16010 battles
  • [VGC]

From what I see some people on the forum like reskins and some don't. Regardless the argument here on the forums the fact is that every time a new reskin gets released I see tons of them in matchmaking. The forum (the minority of the player base) is divided on the issue. Meanwhile the people who don't participate on the forums (the majority of the player base) are buy'n up reskins like hot cakes. From a business perspective it doesn't make sense to stop selling what the majority of your customers seem so eager to buy.

Trying to get War Gamming to stop selling reskins is like putting the cart before the horse. If you want the reskins to stop, then you need to convince the majority of the players to stop buying them. 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox

Roger Stryker #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3347 battles

I mentioned elsewhere that there may be something of an alternative to "premium reskins", or at least to how they make them available, but I don't know how well the idea would be received or whether or not WG would go for it.

The idea was 'tech tree "Ace" tanks'... You elite a tank, and a few specially reskinned models with set packages show up for purchase/unlock. So, say, Oddball's Sherman becomes available to you after you max out the M4, or the battle-scarred, pock-marked KV (1, I think) that made history at Raseiniai becomes available when you max out the KV1, or Tiger I 131 when you max out the Tiger I, or Mariya's "Fighting Girlfriend" T-34 when you max out the T-34, all just for example. Instead of being full premiums, which maybe should be fully unique machines with no tech tree counterpart, these tech tree "Ace" tanks wouldn't be purchased with gold directly, and may have less "premium" benefit, and would have no upgrade packages.

Sovietdeath #12 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14858 battles

View PostPurple Rabbit92, on 18 May 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

If thats true then that's bit silly, since you have players who have passion for a game and want the best from it 

The problem is these types of decisions are made strictly by the Sales & Marketing team of WG not by the devs themselves.

Basically if a reskin sells well the team goes "oh this sold great, dev team make another one"

And since early reskins sold well.... They keep making them... And they still sell well... So they will keep making them since there is lil development time needed for them

The only answer is for a majority of players to stop buying reskinned tanks, but unless it's done on a massive scale (far Bigger than just the forums) we will continue to have an influx of these tanks.

RAD FROOD 25 #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17033 battles
  • [PF201]
It's also sheer bloody laziness to reskin tech tree tanks

Also tagged with RESKIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users